IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: Scrolls
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 9:21am
Print Post  
Wut?

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 10:09am
Print Post  
https://scrolls.com/. CCG by Mojang (same people as made Minecraft).

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Tycho from Penny Arcade is in on it too.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/2011/08/19/territory

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Sep 29th, 2013 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
I tried it. I didn't play many games like this so far, so I can't tell how good it is compared to other 'trading card games'. I only stopped playing it because it needed too much time, so that I didn't have enough time to play this while still playing DDO.

So I never became very good in this games but it was fun and balancing seemed to be ok. One of the four 'factions' seems to be stronger and easier for beginners, but as far as I remember there were videos or guides around how to beat specific 'faction decks'.

And apart from the price for the game you can also spend real life money to buy new cards in the card store. But this isn't pay to win, just a bit easier and faster to get some rare cards but you don't need these cards to win and they don't make winning much easiert.

On the other hand... as far as I know you buy the game now and get all future updates for free, like with Minecraft. So I think you are going to get very much for your money.

But yeah... if you are slow thinking and or have an opponent with the same 'problem' a match can take a while, unless one of the players is using the deck/faction for an agressive start. Countering such a deck is probably hard when beginning with the game but it isn't impossible. And there are also some challenges where you can try out your deck and earn first ingame cash to buy new cards if you want to do so before facing other players.

And I never had lag problems with this game. Cheesy
Would say if you like trading card games it's worth to try it, doesn't cost that much money.
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2013 at 8:32pm by SwashbucklerHater »  

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #5 - Oct 1st, 2013 at 7:15am
Print Post  
Yeah, I've been enjoying it. Got myself up to a 1600ish rating with an order deck, and been playing the challenges in downtime from DDO as I can pause it as soon as I need to step into an instance or whatever. Very fun, and again, worth pointing out that it's completely free once you've paid the initial cost, all scrolls are tradeable for the in-game gold, I was going to try out hearthstone, but the fact that you have to pay money for boosters kinda put me off.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint