Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Diablo 3 Killing the AH (Read 573 times)
OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Diablo 3 Killing the AH
Sep 18th, 2013 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Closing Gold and $$ AH is March.  Felt it was bad or the game...  Maybe they wants to sell Astral Shards...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Re: Diablo 3 Killing the AH
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2013 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Bad *for the game.  Stupid F button today...

One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2013 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Sep 18th, 2013 at 12:55pm:
Closing Gold and $$ AH is March.  Felt it was bad or the game...  Maybe they wants to sell Astral Shards...

Whole mess of us said that before they launched.  Ah well, sometimes ya gotta let the child touch the stove.

IP Logged

Evangelier
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Sep 18th, 2013 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Sep 18th, 2013 at 1:27pm:
Whole mess of us said that before they launched.  Ah well, sometimes ya gotta let the child touch the stove.

I agree...unfortunately, for my coworkers, my friends, my wife, and myself, this comes way too late to be of any consolation or encouragement.  Blizzard drove us all away from D3 a long time ago, and none of us is inclined to return.
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2013 at 4:03pm by Evangelier »  

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #4 - Sep 18th, 2013 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Evangelier wrote on Sep 18th, 2013 at 4:02pm:
I agree...unfortunately, for my coworkers, my friends, my wife, and myself, this comes way too late to be of any consolation or encouragement.  Blizzard drove us all away from D3 a long time ago, and none of us is inclined to return.

I REALLLLLLY wanted to like D3.  The RMAH was about 75% of why I didn't buy it.  The other 25% was always online, even in single-player mode.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #5 - Sep 18th, 2013 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
I'd imagine it's related to the console releases somehow.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Reply #6 - Sep 18th, 2013 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Sep 18th, 2013 at 10:27pm:
I'd imagine it's related to the console releases somehow.

I heard the console loot drops were crazy, but so goes gamer rumors...

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 19th, 2013 at 10:29am
Print Post  
It was easy to know that it would be bad for the game ahead of time. They knew that.  But was it bad enough for a great game, for them to forgo the tax on the AH?  They thought no, turns out yes.

Glad to see it gone, did not want to see that catching on.  Id be pissed if I was one of the people trying to make a second income off of it.

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #8 - Sep 19th, 2013 at 11:04am
Print Post  
Meh. Played it through once, was bored with the character well before cap. It was the lack of build diversity that killed it for me, not the rmah. All the fans were basically looking for was Diablo II with better graphics/new storyline, instead it was a dumbed-down console-targeting piece of shit.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #9 - Sep 19th, 2013 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
totally wrote on Sep 19th, 2013 at 11:04am:
Meh. Played it through once, was bored with the character well before cap. It was the lack of build diversity that killed it for me, not the rmah. All the fans were basically looking for was Diablo II with better graphics/new storyline, instead it was a dumbed-down console-targeting piece of shit.

I hate it when a sequel is just a dumbed down version of a great game. I was more pissed off with Supreme Commander 2 than I was for any other game. Even more than with anything Turbine did to DDO.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Evangelier
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Sep 19th, 2013 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on Sep 19th, 2013 at 12:11pm:
I hate it when a sequel is just a dumbed down version of a great game. I was more pissed off with Supreme Commander 2 than I was for any other game. Even more than with anything Turbine did to DDO.

SupCom2 has been languishing in my Steam queue for ages, now.  Should I even bother?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #11 - Sep 19th, 2013 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
It's probably just reached the point where they're spending more money policing the RMAH than they are making from tax.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #12 - Sep 20th, 2013 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Evangelier wrote on Sep 19th, 2013 at 5:13pm:
SupCom2 has been languishing in my Steam queue for ages, now.  Should I even bother?

Did you like the first one? The problem with 2 is that they took everything that made the first one awesome and dumbed it down. If you are new to RTS games go ahead and play it. but if you liked the complexities and controls of Supreme Commander then 2 just stabs you in the heart and twists the knife.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #13 - Sep 20th, 2013 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on Sep 20th, 2013 at 12:17pm:
Did you like the first one? The problem with 2 is that they took everything that made the first one awesome and dumbed it down. If you are new to RTS games go ahead and play it. but if you liked the complexities and controls of Supreme Commander then 2 just stabs you in the heart and twists the knife.

Weird, I LOVE Sup com 2, wasted thousands hours playing it.
It's the 3 rd one that is/was the biggest disappointment for me, I literally stared like a retard at the screen for good 30 minutes after playing it for an hour, then uninstalled.
Sup com 2  FA might be more "cinematic" and less challenging but it still is right there with Sins, Homeworld and such.
EDIT: And I'am an idiot. I somehow thought FA was titled Sup com 2.
So, no don't bother with 2nd, it's fucking useless casual console game for 7 year olds, and anyone that let it destroy the franchise should be castrated.
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2013 at 2:00pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Evangelier
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Sep 20th, 2013 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Sep 20th, 2013 at 1:54pm:
EDIT: And I'am an idiot. I somehow thought FA was titled Sup com 2.
So, no don't bother with 2nd, it's fucking useless casual console game for 7 year olds, and anyone that let it destroy the franchise should be castrated.

The Forged Alliance expac did change up a small handful of things, but it didn't significantly alter the core experience.  I still prefer the original release, I think.

At this rate, I'll probably never boot up #2.  Making SupCom into anything other than what it was just goes against the reasons I ever bought it to begin with.
Thanks for the feedback.

IP Logged

1992fxrs
Waterworks Kobold

Harley parking only

Reply #15 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 4:23am
Print Post  
D3 was just diablo repackaged in a nice shiny wrapper.  Any time they expect you to play the same game over and over again, it's not going to work.

IP Logged

whothefuckami
Stormreaver Piker

Oppan Gangnam Style

Reply #16 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
Diablo 3?

I thought the sequel to Diablo 2 was Path of Exile.

Quite a good sequel too.
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2013 at 11:51pm by whothefuckami »  

Troll account, please ignore

IP Logged

Sgtgig
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #17 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
whothefuckami wrote on Oct 24th, 2013 at 11:51pm:
Diablo 3?

I thought the sequel to Diablo 2 was Path of Exile.

Quite a good sequel too.

The sequel to D2 was Torchlight 2.

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #18 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Sgtgig wrote on Oct 25th, 2013 at 1:45pm:

PoE is a MUCH better game, and the atmosphere is much preferable IMO.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

Sgtgig
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #19 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Selee wrote on Oct 25th, 2013 at 7:37pm:
PoE is a MUCH better game, and the atmosphere is much preferable IMO.

Sure thing, buddy.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #20 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Meh too little too late.

IP Logged

Evangelier
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
Sgtgig wrote on Oct 25th, 2013 at 1:45pm:

For some reason, I couldn't bring myself to finish a play-through of Torchlight 2.  Which is odd, because I remember enjoying it...it just didn't keep me invested in it, somehow.

At the moment I'm giving Titan Quest a try.  So far it seems to compare favorably.
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2013 at 11:17pm by Evangelier »  

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #22 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Torchlight/Torchlight 2 were just too repetitive. They were developed on a pretty tight budget iirc and though they hid it pretty well by using clever generation mechanisms ultimately it shows.

Path of Exile looks like a minor evolution of D2... I played too much D2 to be very interested though.

IP Logged

AME2760
Korthos Resident

Reply #23 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Heh, I actually enjoyed it until they started nerfing everything. 

I bought it to play it, not expecting it to be like DDO or any MMO -- that it would not have infinite replayability, but that I could play one of each character a couple times... get my gear good enough to go through Inferno difficulty... perhaps take a shot at playing hardcore mode, some, etc. 

I just didn't like or agree with the concept of constant nerfing (or "balancing").  It quickly became my opinion that the whole thing was just a springboard for the launch of their RMAH/money-grab and that perhaps Blizzard didn't know how to switch out of "MMO" mode. 

That may not actually be the case... but that's the way I look at it. Cheesy

Cynic, n. - A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are not as they ought to be.

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #24 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
I much prefer Torchlight II even if the gameplay was repetitive it was still always fun to play with friends over mic

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint