Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Funny post from GW2 forums (Read 392 times)
karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Funny post from GW2 forums
Sep 30th, 2013 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Setup's not really necessary, but for those who cannot string together two lucid thoughts during a one minute duration:  A player was complaining that there wasn't enough solo content (I'm primarily a solo player - he's on crack) in GW2, yet stated he wanted to find a more heroic MMO.  the reply was

Teofa Tsavo.9863:

Laughing again at the M in MMO crowd.

If you wanna play initials.. well this is a THLCTC

Thundering Herd of Lemmings Chasing Temporary Carrots.

Now that's funny, right there!

IP Logged

whothefuckami
Stormreaver Piker

Oppan Gangnam Style

Re: Funny post from GW2 forums
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2013 at 3:06am
Print Post  
That post is full of win.

Troll account, please ignore

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2013 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Were it not true, it wouldn't be funny.  I was both amused and embarassed, actually; because it applied to me so closely.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #3 - Sep 30th, 2013 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
A question on GW2:

for pve content ('cause I'm thinking of trying out GW2 some more, sadly I didn't get a character higher than lvl 35 last time I was playing)

Elementalist vs. Necromancer Tongue

I have a level 5ish necro and a level 20some ele.....I would play my 35 warrior but it is SO DAMN BORING.

I was actually finding the necro to be lots of fun, so some insight on that would be nice Tongue

Also that is a hilarious post.

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #4 - Sep 30th, 2013 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
I have very little experience with Necro, so I am only repeating what I've heard - extreme survivability - perhaps the most survivable profession there is, depending upon the player - including Guardians.  Again, this is from forum spew, so take with a grain of salt.  Necro WILL be my next character's profession.

My ele was an experiment.  I loved my thief due to the adrenaline of being all over the place, backstabs, teleports (shadow walks), etc.  He was a bit squishy, but I liked the mobility.

Upon suggestion on their forums to try elementalist, I did AND HATED HER until such time as I got used to button mashing.  It's kinda the same feeling as learning a DDO monk the first time.

Once I got the keys down, I have loved her more than I ever did my thief.  Though she was squishy at first (say first 30-40 levels), she seems to be much tougher than my thief now at 80 - which I find odd for a caster.

I am seriously contemplating dumping that thief now, but I gotta get another character leveled on the crafting skills he has first Cheesy

EDIT:  The only thing I complain about on my Ele now is underwater skills.  They use a lot of AoE. 

That's fine if you are supporting a group, but I tend to play with by myself a lot.
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2013 at 9:21pm by karatekid »  

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #5 - Oct 1st, 2013 at 1:51am
Print Post  
I think most necro stuff is condition, seems that way but I can't swear to it.  They are a huge asset in WvW.

Condition is great if you are solo, you can kite just about anything(champs are a bit different and they do have a timer.)  Group events though with condition you barely do anything if there is one other condition class that can stack the same amounts of your main condition since the game doesn't track the creator of the stack, just how much is there.

This may get changed at some point, this is a major gripe that comes up quite often and the developers are aware of this problem.  Not saying they will change it though.  May not be able to since PvE and WvW use the same rules and are not separated like sPvP is, and in WvW, that change would be harsh.

I think the PvE in this game kind of sucks.  Boss AI is stupid, too much reliance on one shot mechanics, everything is dumb down because every encounter has to be able to be completed by any group profession composition.  It is nice that you don't need to wait for a particular profession, but it makes it very difficult to program encounters that are not anything other than DPS fest.  I do like the open world in general, just not a fan of how the PvE in this game operates.  I do miss DDO for the character building and option to build self sufficient or require some kind of nanny.  I think that gave DDO developers a bit more leeway to create encounters since.  AI still sucked but the PvE in DDO is better than in guild wars 2.
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2013 at 1:54am by Fuck Off »  

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #6 - Oct 1st, 2013 at 2:10am
Print Post  
Fuck Off wrote on Oct 1st, 2013 at 1:51am:
I do miss DDO for the character building and option to build self sufficient or require some kind of nanny

The other PvE shortfalls you mention haven't bothered me, but this one is a real disappointment. 

They need to add skills or something, because their removal of reliance upon the holy trinity has caused most characters to "feel" almost the same in some ways.  Even though we have freedom to do otherwise, we all have 1-2 heal skills, 1-2 cut and run's, 1-2 AoE DPS, 1-2 AoE Boon (buff), and 2-3 others assigned to our keys.

They could easily double the number of skills in the game without causing OP-ness and there'd be no negatives associated there because we already have WAYYYY more skill points than are needed.

I suspect they will eventually add to these, just BECAUSE of the skill point mechanic already being in place.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #7 - Oct 1st, 2013 at 7:40am
Print Post  
thanks for the tips.....necro does sound like the class for me 'cause i plan to be soloin most of the time I play so no clashing with other condition-mancers

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #8 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
"Thundering Herd of Lemmings Chasing Temporary Carrots"

That phrase is just filled to the brim with win. Smiley

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #9 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
I think I'd pay the initial subscription fee or purchase price of any MMO out there that used that as their descriptor.

"We here at %developer% believe all players should herd to leverage the ingeniousness of their lemming counterparts.  Their footsteps should thunder so as to ensure sheer terror in the hearts of their enemies.  Carrots MUST be wrested from the clutches of evil tyrants!  That's why we developed our latest THLCTC!

Ladies and gentlemen we present to you:  MMO Little Pony!"

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #10 - Oct 4th, 2013 at 12:42am
Print Post  
I played the necromancer back when I played. It is basically like the sorc in ddo while xp grinding. You gather up tons of mobs (more like 7~10 in GW2 compared to the 20,000,000,000,000 you can get in ddo) and slaughter them all the while staying alive. Its ability to survive is far greater then other classes, but that is also a build route, you have to invest in it. It is fun though. It is best when you have a named and several trash mobs.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #11 - Oct 5th, 2013 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Oct 4th, 2013 at 12:42am:
I played the necromancer back when I played. It is basically like the sorc in ddo while xp grinding. You gather up tons of mobs (more like 7~10 in GW2 compared to the 20,000,000,000,000 you can get in ddo) and slaughter them all the while staying alive. Its ability to survive is far greater then other classes, but that is also a build route, you have to invest in it. It is fun though. It is best when you have a named and several trash mobs.

hmmm thanks, that does sound like fun (and I do love my ddo sorc heh)

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #12 - Oct 5th, 2013 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Now that I've got my Mesmer leveled a bit (32), I like the way those play, as well.  It's looking like, though, the ele is still my fave.  Once I get this mesmer to 80 (they're starting to go fast now), I'll start a necro.

Yah my thief is losing ground with me quickly.

BTW - didn't mention it on this thread, but in yet another inexplicable middle finger to rangers, ANet programmed their rangers slightly less sucky than the ones in DDO... and pretty much the same weaknesses.

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #13 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
This is an epic post from GW2, amazing what they left in it even after scrubbing it for days.  Puts DDO Forum mods to shame.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #14 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on Oct 7th, 2013 at 3:48pm:
This is an epic post from GW2, amazing what they left in it even after scrubbing it for days.  Puts DDO Forum mods to shame.

First Dev response is on page 13  https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/wuv/wuv/Some-ANET-interfered-with-our-GvG/
page/13

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #15 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Oct 7th, 2013 at 4:22pm:

I think there was a previous dev response that wasn't as quite nice and got scrubbed by the mods.  Something along the lines of how WvW was meant to be played.  Any post with a quote of a trashed post gets scrubbed automatically.  Old DDO fourms I don't think they got scrubbed right away, I remember seeing some quoted post but not the original.
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2013 at 7:00pm by Fuck Off »  

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #16 - Oct 12th, 2013 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
Be on the lookout for a post regarding accusations that the WvW matchups are fixed by a dev with his server suspiciously being pitted against the two worst in the game.  If I find it, I'll update with the link.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint