Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) LOL GW2Vault (Read 7208 times)
Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Re: LOL GW2Vault
Reply #25 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 8:03am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Oct 3rd, 2013 at 6:51am:
If you've been flying under the radar you probably can get away with it. I know I've done worse and used terms and expression that earned infrations to others... while I haven't gotten any.

Are you sure it has nothing to do with...you being French?

PS.: Ok, ok. I just can't help myself, I swear I'll stop  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #26 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Oct 3rd, 2013 at 6:51am:
Depends if your under the radar or if you are in the acquired target list.

If you've been flying under the radar you probably can get away with it. I know I've done worse and used terms and expression that earned infrations to others... while I haven't gotten any.

That leaves me out. Quoting TOS and EULA, and filing complaints against Cordovan keep me flagged

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #27 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Oct 1st, 2013 at 8:04pm:
%anything%Vault is apparently illicit now.

In this thread http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/426850-DDO-losing-steam Someone was talking about exploits in GW2 and the fact it's relatively difficult to find any information on them. 

I responded snarkily about page 8 or 9 "well, that's because there's no GW2Vault".

It was deleted.

Insecure much, community team?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/427176-Data-on-DDO-since-MOTU

see the second to last line in the OP

Wink
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2013 at 8:27pm by Meat-Head »  

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #28 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
Notice how it was around 40k at the start of the graph then spikes in summer 2012 with MoTU and then, shortly thereafter, returns to the 40k range?  It stays in the 40k range for 6-7 months until April-May (ish) 2013.  Then it drops through the floor. 

Hmmmm....What happened in April/May timeframe? 

Oh...That's right.  The forum revamp.  Complete with linking game account to forum account.  Complete with the inability for the majority of the player base to even log in for a month or more.  At which point, most people gave up on the forums.  The traffic to DDO.com probably would still be about the same range from pre-MoTU if they hadn't fucked up the forums royally.  It used to be one of the top 4 sites I visited daily.  It's not top 20 now.  And I still play the game almost daily. 

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #29 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 3rd, 2013 at 9:42pm:
Notice how it was around 40k at the start of the graph then spikes in summer 2012 with MoTU and then, shortly thereafter, returns to the 40k range?  It stays in the 40k range for 6-7 months until April-May (ish) 2013.  Then it drops through the floor. 

Hmmmm....What happened in April/May timeframe? 

Oh...That's right.  The forum revamp.  Complete with linking game account to forum account.  Complete with the inability for the majority of the player base to even log in for a month or more.  At which point, most people gave up on the forums.  The traffic to DDO.com probably would still be about the same range from pre-MoTU if they hadn't fucked up the forums royally.  It used to be one of the top 4 sites I visited daily.  It's not top 20 now.  And I still play the game almost daily. 

The forum downgrade is absolutely terrible. I agree. My DDO Forum use really dropped hard since then.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #30 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
What happened in April/May timeframe

I quit during that timeframe.. MY FAULT!

EDIT:  I was joking, but I think you're right.  Alexa doesn't monitor like GLS.ddo.com - just the website (which I suspect, but don't know 100%, includes the forum).  The forum downgrade was the last straw for me, and I was slightly addicted (kinda like being somewhat pregnant) to DDO.  I suspect a slew of people in the middle (not hardcore addicts or the most casual) had about enough at that point.
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2013 at 10:28pm by karatekid »  

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #31 - Oct 4th, 2013 at 3:01am
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Oct 3rd, 2013 at 10:21pm:
I quit during that timeframe.. MY FAULT!

EDIT:  I was joking, but I think you're right.  Alexa doesn't monitor like GLS.ddo.com - just the website (which I suspect, but don't know 100%, includes the forum).  The forum downgrade was the last straw for me, and I was slightly addicted (kinda like being somewhat pregnant) to DDO.  I suspect a slew of people in the middle (not hardcore addicts or the most casual) had about enough at that point.

Ditto.  I used to post regularly, and I think I've posted maybe twice since the downgrade.  Pity really; there was the occasional gem buried in the slurry...  /sadpanda  Embarrassed

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Phew!
Reply #32 - Oct 4th, 2013 at 6:53am
Print Post  
At least Turdh and Chai still post regularly!

Cheesy

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Re: Phew!
Reply #33 - Oct 4th, 2013 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Oct 4th, 2013 at 6:53am:
At least Turdh and Chai still post regularly!

Cheesy

Yah, because POSTER children.

:|

« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2013 at 10:53am by karatekid »  

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #34 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
Oh...That's right.  The forum revamp.  Complete with linking game account to forum account. 
  It used to be one of the top 4 sites I visited daily.  It's not top 20 now. 

But never top 4 in quality. I visit it - mostly to laugh at their inability to herd cats.

Linking is a big mistake. Adobe just lost over 2.9 Million user accounts which included credit card info (most of th information is encrypted, but that doesn't mean anything these days). They are much larger than WB on the web.

<RANT>
They (supposedly) have more security capability than WB. WTF is wrong with people on the net? Can't they just ingest info and only return a one-time token for that session taht is is authorized and scrub the input values?  Complete idiots.
</RANT>

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #35 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Oct 2nd, 2013 at 11:37am:
LOL, thanks, you made my day!

It wasn't a fucking compliment.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #36 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
No, but I'd rather be a jaded malcontent among jaded malcontents than a jaded malcontent among rabid fanbois.

Something like "Better to rule in Hell than Serve in Heaven".

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint