Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Actions and investigations (Read 15004 times)
FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Re: Actions and investigations
Reply #25 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 11:55am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 11:37am:
Who needs motes to open the dragon if you already have all the signets and scales you'll ever need?

I know some people in that boat   Wink  Wink  Wink

Technically the bones and skulls open the dragon, but that requires severe carpal tunnel from the fail turn-in interface.
But we know what you mean  Smiley Wink

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #26 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Spybot wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 4:31am:
Was posted in response to:

Code
Select All
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/427450-So-now-that-we-know-Big-Brother-is-watching 

Let's see if it lasts more then couple of mins before it gets cubed, damn charlatans.

Code
Select All
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/427549-Deploying-actions-and-investigations 

Will quote it cause we all know what happens when they hear the truth of their utter incompetence.

Forums are hard yo.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/427450-So-now-that-we-know-Big-Brother...

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/427549-Deploying-actions-and-investiga...
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2013 at 12:39pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #27 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 12:49pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #28 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Relentless wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 11:44am:
I wish I had dupped some stuff then made a toon called Robin Hood. Walk around the harbor and korthos just giving stuff away to the little guy. Now there is exploit done well. LOL

But if people went around handing out lotsa free stuff, that'd cause the economy to collapse eventually.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #29 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 12:52pm:
But if people went around handing out lotsa free stuff, that'd cause the economy to collapse eventually.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Spybot
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #30 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 12:38pm:

Hah, from all the warez forums and DCP/Minutemen ones, have a habit of coding links, but something did happen in last few mins, seems Tolero merged a few threads together in one incoherent mess.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #31 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
LOL

"This Thread is Not About Exploits"

Which, incidentally, was NOT ABOUT EXPLOITS...

Was merged into the exploit thread.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #32 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 1:36pm:
LOL

"Me Tolero see word 'exploit.' Me SMASH Merge Button!!!"
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2013 at 1:46pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #33 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
An unironic title getting treated ironically.

How hipster!

IP Logged

Spybot
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #34 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Hah banned, who'd guess, an only thing I did was called a fanboi or two a sheep/drone/placid/indoctrinated.... Bah name calling and insults is their explanation.
Once again, "thumbs up" for those fucking fascists at Turbine, they would only know a freedom of speech if it shot them in the ass with .44 calibre.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 12:52pm:

Nonsense. Value will shift to items that cannot be duplicated. Ten hours of grinding for a rare item will be traded for something with equivalent value. New players will benefit, since they can grind items and get far more valuable ingredients in return. It is pretty easy to grind desert rare items. Now, instead of 10k plat to 400k plat (depending on the item), they're going to be worth a set of dragonscales.

I bet that Turbine's beancounters are delighted about this exploit. They are as likely as anyone to have broadcast it through the honeypot poll posting here, just to destroy and devalue the main surrogate currencies in the game. Since plat has always and will always be worthless, it is in Turbines financial interest to only have one surrogate currency in the game - Astral Shards, which gives Turbine a 30% cut of every transaction.

Since they don't have the staff time to go through each inventory, bank, and bag for every character that was online over the past week, I would also be unsurprised to see scales and greensteel mats become BtA items in a future update.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #36 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 1:36pm:
LOL

OMG, THAT'S what happened - one minute we were just fuckin' around talking about anything BUT exploits (1-2 pages), next minute, it's 18 pages with butthurt sploit ethics.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #37 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Spybot wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 1:46pm:
Hah banned, who'd guess, an only thing I did was called a fanboi or two a sheep/drone/placid/indoctrinated.... Bah name calling and insults is their explanation.
Once again, "thumbs up" for those fucking fascists at Turbine, they would only know a freedom of speech if it shot them in the ass with .44 calibre.

Yah I saw that and figured you were gonna get pummeled.  No free speech in their house... they can make whatever rules they want.

IP Logged

Spybot
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #38 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Can I just ask, was Uska always such a lobotomized vegetable?
Bet he didn't get banned even though he used all the degratory terms his fragile mind can handle and even went so far as to express his agenda to ostercize exploiters and drag them through his village tied to a carriage.
What a wanker, all over little people sticking their finger to Turdbine.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #39 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 2:02pm:
No free speech in their house... they can make whatever rules they want.

Just like every other website in the world.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #40 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Spybot wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 2:08pm:
Can I just ask, was Uska always such a lobotomized vegetable?

I think he's starved of oxygen from all the run-on sentences.

I can't even read that guy's posts without getting tired and cranky.

But I hear he hates the Realms, or something.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #41 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 2:10pm:
I think he's starved of oxygen from all the run-on sentences.

I can't even read that guy's posts without getting tired and cranky.

But I hear he hates the Realms, or something.

Yah I stopped reading him after like the second time I tried.

And re: reply #40 - QFT

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #42 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Uska d'Reporter?

Yeah fuck that guy.

IP Logged

Spybot
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #43 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 2:08pm:
Just like every other website in the world.

Sadly, that's pretty accurate estimation amigo.

Still am really happy bout the ban thing, if my opinions differ so much from Turdbines that they produce an imposed ban, I know I'm doing something right.  Grin

IP Logged

Spybot
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #44 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Blasphemy, not only have so many threads been merged into one, but they also deleted and censored a lot of posts there, shrinked from 28 pages condensed of a number of threads to 26, 15 of my posts are gone with the wind, while a post like this remains>

By fucking: stoerm
Quote:
don't think anyone does, where he comes from. But they are very clean, ethnically speaking. He probably has good explanations for that too.

Reminding me of a war I've had to witness as a kid, politically induced war between Serbs and us where they where aggressors.
In truth animosity between the nations was induced by our leaders of both factions since they couldn't agree how to divide the teritory of BiH. Where they purged Croats from their own land in hope of achieving what their politicians called "Great Serbia".
Reminding me of a place called Vukovar where both Serbs and us lived in peace till war was declared, then a lot of Croats got their throats slit while sleeping by their friendly neighbours and their extremities amputated and spiked on a fence, that's exactly what Četniks have done.
Reminded me of a war profiters that came to rule, ruin and sell our land, spread of drugs that came with the war, destroyed lives and families.
Children at age of 19 that patriotically went to protect our freedom and soil and those that did came back where never the same.
Even after all, it's not the Serbs that did it, it was the extremists, Četniks, I don't blame the nation but the dilluted fascists.
We had our extremists as well, but devoted to defend, not to slaughter children and women, put em on piles in unmarked graves, not the ones to bomb the churches, hospitals and national monuments, mining UNESCO protected Plitvice, blasting 30% or more of Slavonija.
That motherfucker stoerm should hear what's due to him.
Am so fucking done with Turbine and their way of reasoning, this is abomination what they delete and what they leave posted.

« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2013 at 3:47pm by Spybot »  

IP Logged

Spybot
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #45 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Please folkes, if someone here has the decency and is willing, please, send the fuckhead this post as PM with my sincere regards since I can't.
Got my posting privileges revoked by speaking truth of Turbines way of conduct. Please, let the fucker know he couldn't have said an insult that had impact as this one.
Wish him luck in raising his children in blissful ignorance of Sheepville as he himself said  Cry

IP Logged

Wyni
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
Spybot wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 3:45pm:
By fucking: stoerm

Read the rest of his posts in that thread. That guy is racist as fuck...

Quote:
It's not hard to piece together, and let's just say it's hard not to draw a connection between it and your postings even if one doesn't believe in stereotypes. In Sheepville we have peace, stability and prosperity precisely because we are sheep. Y'all keep being lions and see how it works out for you in Superhikia.

Quote:
His idea of morality is clearly that you only need to hold your bargain with those who are good to you, and if you feel wronged you have license to act any way you like.

I wonder where that line of thinking has been prevalent in the near past, and what kind of consequences it has had ...

Leave it to Turbine to allow that filth to remain.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 1:48pm:
Nonsense. Value will shift to items that cannot be duplicated. Ten hours of grinding for a rare item will be traded for something with equivalent value. New players will benefit, since they can grind items and get far more valuable ingredients in return. It is pretty easy to grind desert rare items. Now, instead of 10k plat to 400k plat (depending on the item), they're going to be worth a set of dragonscales.

I bet that Turbine's beancounters are delighted about this exploit. They are as likely as anyone to have broadcast it through the honeypot poll posting here, just to destroy and devalue the main surrogate currencies in the game. Since plat has always and will always be worthless, it is in Turbines financial interest to only have one surrogate currency in the game - Astral Shards, which gives Turbine a 30% cut of every transaction.

Since they don't have the staff time to go through each inventory, bank, and bag for every character that was online over the past week, I would also be unsurprised to see scales and greensteel mats become BtA items in a future update.

I dont even know you but i <3 you.

There woudlnt be any other reason to allow the shit to get so far widespread and not have an immediate reaction if it wasnt what they wanted.

AS got lowered in total number by letting any one foolish enought to post tons of auctions and then banning them. Plat was lowered in value from vendoring duped globes, darconics, w/e to vendors. They raked in tons of AS from everyone buying. They sold more bags and bank space.

EE loot now goes up in value as it is something that cant be duped and cant be gotten at will due to insane drop rates.

It further sells the new expansions since that houses the newly desired loot that was untouched by the dupes.

Lol @ Turbine not wanting this
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2013 at 7:43pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Spybot
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #48 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Aye, it is a shrewd assessment and conclusion.

Pardon in advance for the long text I'm about to post, but this is the only thing that was salvaged and not distorted or taken out of context from my topic at official forums. It was deleted as well though someone quoted it.
You don't have to bother with it if it's too long to read or strikes you as boring.

Quote:

Use of exploits could be attached to the decisions of a company in question just the same as for players using their product. In an ideal situation that same integrity should be reciprocal, what Turbine gives, Turbine gets.
Don't you consider an exploit from their behalf when under false pretension of inadequacy, or really an actual one, and am sure by now it's the latter, they refuse to rectify a situation where a player loses all the Shroud mats, and other hard gathered ingridients over the years through a bug in bank transfer.
See, before u19 hit, to my knowledge, trying to use this glitch in question didn't duplicate but substracted the items. They didn't do anything about that, they didn't compensate majority of players that witnessed it and where affected by the loss of all the items. Now since it's beneficial to the players, they're deploying, hah, deploying.
Don't you think the occurrence of Astral shards is an exploit and even bigger hit to the game economy then one miserly duplication glitch.
Isn't it an exploit to introduce iconics as a sort of a new races that where so rushed and poorly developed just for quick cash catch. Bladeforged use the same mesh as do Warforged, only difference is the textures, and they didn't even manage to stamp 'em correctly, their backs are misaligned and quality of textures for those very same iconics introduced in 2013 is of poorer resolution than the Warforged ones from 2006.
Isn't it an exploit to change some of the vintage loot dating from first Winter festival and all the other old twink items. Retroactive changes to loot if it's intended to decrease their power, but for the loot that gets revamped to a better version, retroactive change isn't an option.
Don't you consider an exploit from their part that when new pre system was introduced most of the synergy for multiclassing and increase in power through enhancements went to the p2p classes.

False advertisement announcing druids and other races years before they where actually introduced to the game. Pledging to the community members that the store will never become prevalent for the increase in power to characters in game. What about Astral shard reroll loot button on chests in German client?
Can go on and on about their exploits of the players and their pockets. And those exploits are far more disturbing then the ones introduced by a bug where you can duplicate some miserly pixels.

We deal with malignant game breaking bugs daily, memory dumps, weird AI glitches that sometimes lock the quests and even find a way around some of them. Is it also an exploit to circumvent detrimental bugs that aren't adressed for years?
Is it the same as exploiting beneficial ones that are really few and far between and get dealt with promptly.

Who was exactly wronged by this duplication glitch? Was it Turbine with an increase of Astral shards bought from in game store, was it the players that benefited by using and abusing it, or was it the players that where unaware how to reproduce it but still benefited from the lower prices on ASAH. Was it those righteously vigilant fanbois that disregarded the bug and enjoyed the game as usual or those innactive players that didn't/still don't know about it and don't care either way.
I can't see how anyone was negatively impacted by it, well, maybe the company, but with their quality testing, it's well deserved. And don't say someone spent real $$ to obtain duplicated items though the market, they'd have done the same either way, only it would've had more impact on their wallet if it wasn't for the bug.
Would go so far to even state that this bug was intentional just to raise the sales of Astral shards and make them more important than any plat or scales or any other currency.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
I have zero sympathy for Turbine with the dupe exploit.

For every item that disappeared while transferring it to/from a shared bank...

For every weapon that got deleted in Abbot because of the asteroid bug...

For screwing over players with botched 20th raid reward lists...

For the bug that zeroed all ED XP after a TR...

For promising features for years and not delivering...

For treating your customers poorly...

It's schadenfreude time.
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2013 at 8:25pm by Carpone »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint