Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Banned (Read 67039 times)
Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

Re: Banned
Reply #100 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:07pm:
Seriously "with Extreme prejudice" could mean the toon that duped wakes up after 14 days buck naked in a bathtub missing a kidney.

Sounds about right.

Sounds sweet ... so can those who didn't dupe get those kidney's donated?  *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #101 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
IMARANGER wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 6:14pm:
I am the recipient of a seven day ban for what I assume was duping.  Oh well.  I'll be back in game shortly.

Maybe I didn't dupe enough?  I hear others have received slightly longer bans.  Fuck you folks for doing a better job of duping than I did.

you have NO idea how glad i am to have resisted the urge to poke a finger in your eye about being banned right about now.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #102 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Wonder what majmal thinks should happen to the QA guy that missed the issue...

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Or the Dev that cause the issue?

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Seriously "with Extreme prejudice" could mean the toon that duped wakes up after 14 days buck naked in a bathtub missing a kidney.

Sounds about right.

So they plan to remove legitimate items from characters also?

Are they done with the banning because a fair amount of dupers haven't been banned.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #105 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 7:02pm:
you have NO idea how glad i am to have resisted the urge to poke a finger in your eye about being banned right about now.

Did you see the posts about plans for epic Karma before you were booted?

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #106 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Elegorne wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 1:48pm:
I saw: “You think Maban was bad? You can’t even imagine how bad we’re about to fuck up this time!”

Yep.  And every time they ban an innocent, they create a future exploiter.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #107 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:46pm:
Will they force Turbine's hand by spreading word of exploits

I dunno, but we could... whether they existed or not.  A little cyber-PTSD exercise.

IP Logged

Crunch ButtSteak
Stormreaver Piker

Fer teh lolz

Reply #108 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 10:19pm
Print Post  

Sounds about right.

WTT for kidney.  Have 1,000s of large mats, medium dragonshards, and as many greater essences as you can name.  PST quickly!!   Shocked

IP Logged

Crunch ButtSteak
Stormreaver Piker

Fer teh lolz

Reply #109 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Ire wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:24pm:
yes the email states how long. It also has two broken links to the policies.
Funny how discussion here seems to indicate that turbine has a handle on what is going on when they can't even send an email with working links in it.
They are picking accounts at random and if it has stuff in it they think was duped, they are banning them. Guilty until proven innocent.

Hey, this may sound stupid, butt...

Does your main/offending character's name begin with a letter that starts the alphabet?  Ends the alphabet?  Somewhere in the middle?  Halfing, dwarf, half-elf, or other?

How about the name on your game account?  If they're doing this shit seemingly random...

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #110 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 9:50pm:
I dunno, but we could... whether they existed or not.  A little cyber-PTSD exercise.

LOL, oh, you are a master at this, cary on Smiley

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #111 - Oct 12th, 2013 at 6:56am
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:37pm:

The risk:reward ratio was worthwhile ...

The main problem with the risk:reward ratio was that in the past nearly nothing happened with peoples who used an exploit. So the risk was near zero.
At least from the point of view of someone who is playing DDO for some years now.

That's probably the main reason why so many people didn't think about any punishment. Compared with the problems that Turbine is often not able to compensate for lost items.

I know several people know for example who lost their complete crafting mats bag in the shared bank around one year ago. And if you are running shroud with several toons and gather them in the shared bank this hurts very much, but Turbine wasn't able restore that.
And there are regularly people complaining that Turbine can't do shit to give back lost items or compensate for it.

Another question... someone mentioned to get a 7 day ban for using this exploit and now tolera says everyone would get at least 14 days ban... Did they change mind after banning the first exploiters because they got mad that so many people used this exploit?
Sounds strange, especially when you think about the mistakes of Turbine that lead to this massive exploit usage.
(no appropriate punishments in the past + too slow reaction to the fact that this exploit went public and was spreading very fast)

*conspiracy theory* Maybe they wanted to make sure marbar isn't lagging that mucht his year *conspiracy theory end*

But I like that Turbine finally is doing something and showing that they are able to do something. The lack of action with the last exploits and inability to give otherwise lost items back gave the impression that Turbine has no logging running at all or doesn't care. (just leaves the impression that turbine doesn't care that much about compensating lost items :S)

But let's see how this banhammer period is going to end and I really hope they are tellung how many accounts were using this exploit.

And I am very sure they are not deleting all items, probably only all items which got duped so that no stack of these are left. Taking away all items would cause major legal problems because of store bought items and real money spend. At least in a country with reasonable laws. Wink

« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2013 at 6:59am by SwashbucklerHater »  

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #112 - Oct 12th, 2013 at 7:19am
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 8:02pm:
Did you see the posts about plans for epic Karma before you were booted? 

No it was more like:

IP Logged

Spybot
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #113 - Oct 12th, 2013 at 7:44am
Print Post  
Am not sure what to make of this.
With it being the only thing he wrote, quoting Toleros choice of words with such level of sarcasm, the analogy drawn, sounds like even he doesn't approve their way of addressing it...

Any help in understanding it would be appreciated, am still wee smashed from yesterday.
Gratz Belgium, we don't deserve a trip to Brasil playing like that. Those where few hours lost I can't revoke.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #114 - Oct 12th, 2013 at 9:07am
Print Post  
SwashbucklerHater wrote on Oct 12th, 2013 at 6:56am:
At least in a country with reasonable law

Unfortunately, they are US based

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Reply #115 - Oct 12th, 2013 at 9:36am
Print Post  
You people are all chicken shit. Turdbine rolled a 20 on their intimidation on you. Nothing is gonna happen. Just a handful banned. And they're coming back with all their stuff laughing at Turdbine and at you.

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

Spybot
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #116 - Oct 12th, 2013 at 9:50am
Print Post  
Will say this much about Turdbines supposed intimidation roll:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #117 - Oct 12th, 2013 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Quote:
... I really dont care about being banned i only want to save my stuff!

That's the reason why they are deleting the stuff. Wink

But yeah, I hope they are able to deal with this open minded and reasonable. If majmalphunction was serious and they really delete everything I doubt many of the players are going to stay after their two weeks ban.

And since they are going through the suspicious accounts one by one they are probably busy for some weeks until they finished investigation.
And if I think that I would have to deal with that... I would feel very pissed about the people who used the exploit, that's why I hope they are able to stay open minded. Because with some other actions in the past and on the last weekend they would have had much less work now. So it's not completely the exploiters fault/mistake that the GMs have to deal with this shit now.
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2013 at 1:15pm by SwashbucklerHater »  

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #118 - Oct 12th, 2013 at 11:58am
Print Post  
SwashbucklerHater wrote on Oct 12th, 2013 at 11:18am:

But yeah, I hope they are able to deal with this open minded and reasonable. If majmalphunction was serious and they really delete everything I doubt many of the players are going to stay after their two weeks ban.

And since they are going through the suspicious accounts one by one they are probably busy for some weeks until they finished investigation.
And if I think that I would have to deal with that... I would feel very pissed about the people who used the exploit, that's why I hope they are able to stay open minded. Because with some other actions in the past and on the last weekend they would have had much less work now. So it's not completely the exploiters fault/mistake that the GMs have to deal with this shit now.

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Dawn of the Dead
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #119 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 7:35am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:42pm:
Where are Eladrin and MadFloyd?

Bigjunk wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Banned for duping.

I just choked on my coffee... well played sir, well played! Grin

IP Logged

CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Reply #120 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 8:54am
Print Post  
But yeah, I hope they are able to deal with this open minded and reasonable.

OPEN FUCKING MINDED?!! FUCKING REASONABLE?!!
Are we talking about turdbine here? you fucking nuts?!??

LoL Cheesy

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #121 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
CanIHazYourStuff wrote on Oct 12th, 2013 at 9:36am:
You people are all chicken shit. Turdbine rolled a 20 on their intimidation on you. Nothing is gonna happen. Just a handful banned. And they're coming back with all their stuff laughing at Turdbine and at you.

But, but...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Epitome
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #122 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
What happens to those that were banned when they try to login exactly?

I only ask because tonight I get to the character select screen, choose a toon, then it crashes; however it does not do this with another account.

Also I never even knew about this exploit or how it even worked until it was fixed (only solo and guildies aren't active anymore is why I never found out).  I did, coincidently, purchase 20 set flawless reds and 20 whites, one for 600,000 plat and other for 800,000 plat.  I didn't think anything of this but could this be an issue?

False alarm, I simply have the entire game folder loaded into a 10 GB partition of my 32 GB Ram and I think that partition simply messed up.
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2013 at 9:56pm by Epitome »  

REVENANTS
  Xevlen
. Jibcutter . Pipehitter. Seanconnery-
Live Twitch Feed - Youtube Channel - Facebook

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #123 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:05pm:
I'm guessing that's why this exploit reached critical mass and exploded like it did.  There was absolutely no fear of the consequences.  I think even Turbine had to have realized that.

Which is the exact same reason why bag-a-palooza and chest-a-palooza both went completely unchecked.  No one had any fear of punishment at all since everyone knew that they'd get to keep their goodies after a short vacation.

I'm curious to see how the next bug is exploited and whether any reasonable number of people will actually avoid the exploit for fear of consequences.  That fear of consequences is *entirely* based on the perceived likelihood and perceived severity of punishment and the perceived gain from the exploit.  The biggest question for me isn't whether Turbine is going to actually come down hard on exploiters.  It's whether Turbine is successful in projecting an image to the exploiting public that they're finally going to come down hard on exploiters.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #124 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 9:13pm
Print Post  

Why should they be pissed at players?  This exploit was open for months, and even a week after it went viral they either couldn't do anything or simply didn't care.  If anyone, they should be pissed at management or whoever is responsible for not having the ability to hotfix and bring down the servers when it's needed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Send TopicPrint