Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Banned (Read 67120 times)
LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Re: Banned
Reply #150 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:54am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Oct 15th, 2013 at 9:08pm:
Source?

Screenshot of a guild activity log, witnesses who saw toons on the banned (14 day banned account) logged in and on their guild ship and verification that the account owner is unable to log in.

IP Logged

hgm-chi
Dragon Raider

Meh.

Reply #151 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 5:57am
Print Post  
I've seen the full roster of one of my banned guildies characters on the recently logged on list about 2 hours ago.  He wasn't actually on at the time, but I figured the ban came off a bit quicker.  Apparently not.

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #152 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 6:11am
Print Post  
Wow, if they have to log in to the account to destroy the duped items... I probably don't want to know how they are doing their investigations... Cheesy

But if you look at several posts in this thread one could come to the conclusion that Turbine is busy banning and investigating until chrismas.
Not sure if I should laugh or cry because of that...

Hope this helps to show them that they need to change their way how to deal with exloits. Even on weekends there need to be people availible who can make decisions like shutting down the server. Yeah some people might get mad because they can't play because of some exploiters but I am pretty sure the financial loss of some days downtime is less then the financial loss which is caused by such mass investigations, at least if you close the server fast enough when such exploits are becoming public.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #153 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 6:58am
Print Post  
actually the total unclearness of what will they take away and the lenght of time it takes is imho hurting game more than they could realize. what would be incentive to run raids, epics whatever, if u dont know what will they take away?

imho usage of "extrene prejudice" just simply hides the fact they cant track counterfeited goods, so strip the toons away of anything what can be enhanced, crafted or whatever with dupped materials, no matter when the toon aquire those.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #154 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 7:05am
Print Post  
second thing is, when someone logs into account, it gives him access to ddo store and CC info most likely. how can one be sure this wont be abused by GM peon?

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #155 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 8:03am
Print Post  
SwashbucklerHater wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 6:11am:
...but I am pretty sure the financial loss of some days downtime is less then the financial loss which is caused by such mass investigations, at least if you close the server fast enough when such exploits are becoming public.

Are you fucking retarded? What god damn financial loss? Their sales of Augment bags, Yellow Dophants, Jewlery Kits, various Augments and Huge bags of all sorts fucking SKYROCKETED during that weekend.

You'd have to be a god damn moron to close the servers when people are spending money.

What mass investigations? They ran a DB query, banned a few people and made a few sacrificial goats. Then let some GM browse through banned account's bags when he doesn't have anything better to do at work.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #156 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 8:05am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 8:03am:
What mass investigations? They ran a DB query, banned a few people and made a few sacrificial goats. Then let some GM browse through banned account's bags when he doesn't have anything better to do at work.

And mail the ill-gotten goods to another account on the server?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #157 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 8:38am
Print Post  
But if you look at several posts in this thread one could come to the conclusion that Turbine is busy banning and investigating until chrismas.

They won't, they have a deadline called Maban. They have to be done by the time Maban is activated... That is, they have have cleared all those ill gotten Maban collecties ( and motes ) that will make auto-summon the dragon at instance closure a reality or at least banned all the accounts with that for the Maban duration.

Now we know it's Turbine... While I have no intention to come near Maban this year ( like last year ), if the Dragon is always on I might just chime in a few hours to get one or two +5 tomes.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Reply #158 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 8:38am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 8:03am:
Are you fucking retarded? What god damn financial loss? Their sales of Augment bags, Yellow Dophants, Jewlery Kits, various Augments and Huge bags of all sorts fucking SKYROCKETED during that weekend.

You'd have to be a god damn moron to close the servers when people are spending money.

ABF, you have jumped to an obvious conclusion that the exploit caused DDO store sales to skyrocket on certain items.

According to some on this board, unless you can provide clear, concise, and concrete information to support your conclusion, such as having access to the actual data from Turbine on store sales, your conclusion is completely wrong.

Since you cannot provide this information, it must be assumed that DDO store sales did not skyrocket.

BTW, I agree with you, but some on this board won't.

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #159 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 9:17am
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 7:05am:
second thing is, when someone logs into account, it gives him access to ddo store and CC info most likely. how can one be sure this wont be abused by GM peon?

MyAccount requires a second login with password, where it stores CC info.  I am assuming the person deleting your shit is doing a GM equivalent of a su. Besides that, I would wager any staff that has the access to login to your account, probably already has access to the billing system.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #160 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 9:27am
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 8:38am:
According to some on this board, unless you can provide clear, concise, and concrete information to support your conclusion, such as having access to the actual data from Turbine on store sales, your conclusion is completely wrong.

I've drawn that conclusion using a complex mathematical formulas on my shart patterns. Therefore it is a valid conclusion proven by undisputable concrete facts. I will gladly PM pics of my shart patterns to anyone that wants to study them so they can also come to the same conclusion.

I will, however, not share my complex mathematical formulas since everyone knows that math only further complicates problems.

Furthermore, I will go to great lenght of PMing pics of my sharts to anyone that disagrees with this scientifically proven and obvious fact untill they see the light of the truth.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #161 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 9:29am
Print Post  
ABF, you have jumped to an obvious conclusion that the exploit caused DDO store sales to skyrocket on certain items.

Since you cannot provide this information, it must be assumed that DDO store sales did not skyrocket.

I know some people who bought bags and/or cookie jars

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #162 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 10:18am
Print Post  

I agree that there were a large number of store purchases that weekend. 

Overall, though, I suspect the duping would result in a net loss for Turbine on store purchases.

You would see a large decline in long term purchases of crafting mats, dopants, XP Pots, healing pots, etc.  A lot of your consumables that get purchased can be duped or can be acquired through trade ins for items that can be duped. 

Since consumables tend to be their leading sellers, it stands to reason that the net impact of the bug was lower purchases in the store, even if the short term result was a significant up-tick. 

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #163 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 10:52am
Print Post  
But Turbine seems to like short term up-ticks. Like when they gave us a yellow cube pet for three more mule accounts. Or the half-assed second X-Pack. My suggestion: Let the playes hack, dupe and exploit all they want and if you get caught you can avoid the weeks in "jail" with astral shads. Perhaps sell a "dev secure loot vault" too?

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Wyni
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #164 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 11:54am
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Oct 15th, 2013 at 8:22pm:
ugh.  Cry If I imagine Tolero accessing my precious storages and deleting my scales and looking in my bags while I'm banned ... it makes me sad. I hope they won't catch me!

I'm the one who LordPiglet was talking about whose account got accessed by Turbine. I feel rather violated myself. Of course that might be just because I'm on the vault....

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #165 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Wyni wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 11:54am:
I'm the one who LordPiglet was talking about whose account got accessed by Turbine. I feel rather violated myself. Of course that might be just because I'm on the vault....

You've come to the right place. Vaulties will make sure to violate you professionally, using their vast expertise, unlike those amateurs at Turbine.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

RAM
Korthos Resident

Not by Strength by Guile

Decimated
Reply #166 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Oct 15th, 2013 at 10:33pm:
no way they have the bandwith for that.  probably just digital decimation and screwing over every 10th bastard to send a message.

Glenalth wrote on Oct 15th, 2013 at 10:55pm:
Thank you for using that word in the correct sense.

Agreed! Very refreshing.

IP Logged

Quak
Dragon Raider

Reply #167 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Hope this helps to show them that they need to change their way how to deal with exloits. Even on weekends there need to be people availible who can make decisions like shutting down the server.

There were threads on the ddo forums from thursday on about the mass of ings in the ah for cheap but these threads got deleted till when they put the "maint" notice for monday on saturday. so i think there was some1 around that was in charge and that one decided to better delete the threads than putting the servers down   Cool
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2013 at 12:19pm by Quak »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #168 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
hgm-chi wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 5:57am:
I've seen the full roster of one of my banned guildies characters on the recently logged on list about 2 hours ago.  He wasn't actually on at the time, but I figured the ban came off a bit quicker.  Apparently not.

Oh shit who was it?? PM meh yogi!

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #169 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Spoke to them at 855-WBGames and was advised they would require explicit permission, even on suspended accounts to access their toons directly in such a manner.

So you might take screen shots if any of your suspended guildies were seen logged in.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #170 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Quak wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 12:15pm:
There were threads on the ddo forums from thursday on about the mass of ings in the ah for cheap but these threads got deleted till when they put the "maint" notice for monday on saturday. so i think there was some1 around that was in charge and that one decided to better delete the threads than putting the servers down   Cool

there were such threads long enough to people make up how that exploit worked, just by writing about it:)

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #171 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Quak wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 12:15pm:

That's not accurate - the first thread didn't show up until Friday, though some people noticed things were weird as early as Wednesday. And no threads were deleted or w/e on the forums until Monday.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #172 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 12:53pm:
That's not accurate - the first thread didn't show up until Friday, though some people noticed things were weird as early as Wednesday. And no threads were deleted or w/e on the forums until Monday.

Sunday.

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #173 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Wyni wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 11:54am:

Show on the doll where Turbine accessed you.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #174 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
LordPiglet wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:54am:
Screenshot of a guild activity log, witnesses who saw toons on the banned (14 day banned account) logged in and on their guild ship and verification that the account owner is unable to log in.

Oh man, too bad they don't allow renaming storage bags, imagine what fun to rename your storage bags with offensive names like "GMXXX's Body Cavity"

You could still salt the comments on your friends list with comments like "Wants to see pictures of XXX naked" or "Had a drunken fling with XXX at Pax last year" and such.

They'd still go through your stuff, but damn would they hate their job. Even more, I mean. Like how bad does your life suck to be a Turbine GM - they ran out of jobs for telemarketers for credit card insurance?

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Send TopicPrint