Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Banned (Read 67148 times)
Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Re: Banned
Reply #175 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Wyni wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 11:54am:
I'm the one who LordPiglet was talking about whose account got accessed by Turbine. I feel rather violated myself. Of course that might be just because I'm on the vault....

I'm kind of curious if they have to lift the ban to do that. Could a player login and knock them offline during that time?

IP Logged

Wyni
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #176 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:11pm:
I'm kind of curious if they have to lift the ban to do that. Could a player login and knock them offline during that time?

No idea. I didn't find out about it until afterwards, otherwise I would have tried.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #177 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 12:53pm:
That's not accurate - the first thread didn't show up until Friday, though some people noticed things were weird as early as Wednesday. And no threads were deleted or w/e on the forums until Monday.

Well threads had been hinting about something for several days before that.

And I'm almost certain that is the exploit MajMal was referring to in his cryptic message. Because I'm almost certain to have done it just after U19 by accident.

They only took action because it went out of hand over a week end.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #178 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Well I guess that's how they're accessing people's TR banks, shared banks and such.
Turns out it was MY account they logged in on all characters on  Cry  Cry  Cry

Called the 855-WBGAMES and the girl on the other end of the line was unable to verify if any of that was true, since they only do account support. In-game support is only done via tickets.

IP Logged

Wyni
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #179 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Oh, and the best part of this whole thing is that when I contacted customer support, I was told that he (the WB/Turbine? rep), did NOT know what their policy was on accessing banned account, which was in direct contradiction to what that same rep had told LordPiglet not 10 minutes before.

That same rep also told me that my only recourse was to submit an in-game ticket with any screenshots I might have. He point blank ignored my questions about the security of my account having been compromised (password, etc).

My ban doesn't end for another 8 days, so how am I supposed to submit an in-game ticket again?!!

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #180 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Wyni wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:21pm:
Oh, and the best part of this whole thing is that when I contacted customer support, I was told that he (the WB/Turbine? rep), did NOT know what their policy was on accessing banned account, which was in direct contradiction to what that same rep had told LordPiglet not 10 minutes before.

That same rep also told me that my only recourse was to submit an in-game ticket with any screenshots I might have. He point blank ignored my questions about the security of my account having been compromised (password, etc).

My ban doesn't end for another 8 days, so how am I supposed to submit an in-game ticket again?!!

Use this link.
http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp?style=classic

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #181 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:20pm:
Well I guess that's how they're accessing people's TR banks, shared banks and such.

Called the 855-WBGAMES and the girl on the other end of the line was unable to verify if any of that was true, since they only do account support. In-game support is only done via tickets.

Text conversation I had with another guildie who logged in to look.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #182 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:27pm
Print Post  

When people have been unable to login for other certain bugs turbine has that requires ingame GM assistance, they always ask other guildies to do it.
Contact them out of game, ask for them to submit it ingame. See what happens lol.
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:28pm by mudfud »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #183 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Censored, because I posted it on the main forums as well.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #184 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:11pm:

The way it seems to work is they place a suspension on the account, which catches you at the patcher/login.  The characters probably could be easily 'hacked' online via a # or / command.

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #185 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:26pm:
http://i.imgur.com/SX83OZD.png

You censored "motherfuckers" on the vault? What's the point of being here if people are going to filter their thoughts?  Fuck that.

IP Logged

Quak
Dragon Raider

Reply #186 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:20pm:

eh i'm sry for u :< you are not the only one tho. ive heard that others got logged as well. and ive been told as well that its against the policy, confirmed by phone support.. so wtf.
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:37pm by Quak »  

IP Logged

Orberon
Waterworks Kobold

Is It Not Nifty?

Reply #187 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:41pm
Print Post  

Sounds about right, I've had to call WB more than once to get things resolved, without fail different people there give different answers.

3325863186 2432 881621163412 3216 24313124331933248826 1932 3216878621163412 53243325 89863232 248833868989242686884286 198834 87163186 3286883286 33251988 5386 25195786. - 341688 258631168934

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #188 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:26pm:
http://i.imgur.com/SX83OZD.png

S#!t Just Got Real.

I'm disturbed.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Wyni
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #189 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Orberon wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:41pm:
Sounds about right, I've had to call WB more than once to get things resolved, without fail different people there give different answers.

This was actually the same rep that gave different answers t o both of us. I'm guessing that a manager stepped in and told him not to say.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #190 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:28pm:

Thread already locked with the following from Tolero :
Quote:
The support team is able to access characters for the purpose of disciplinary action using special tools without a password, nor do they have access to view passwords. Access of a character requires approval by senior supervisors, it is not something that we allow all our GMs to do freely or without specific disciplinary purpose. We also keep logs of all our GM’s activity as a further monitor to ensure that only authorized GMs are performing senior-manager-approved disciplinary measures that require a character login.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #191 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The support team is able to access characters for the purpose of disciplinary action using special tools without a password, nor do they have access to view passwords. Access of a character requires approval by senior supervisors, it is not something that we allow all our GMs to do freely or without specific disciplinary purpose. We also keep logs of all our GM’s activity as a further monitor to ensure that only authorized GMs are performing senior-manager-approved disciplinary measures that require a character login.

Tolero closed the forum thread with this message.

I guess, since they're not using the password, they're not technically "logging" in, but it still seems pretty sketchy to me.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #192 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
no. wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:31pm:
You censored "motherfuckers" on the vault? What's the point of being here if people are going to filter their thoughts?  Fuck that.

Please see below. I'm not going to upload 2 pictures of the same thing just to not censor the word "motherfuckers".

rest wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:28pm:

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #193 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
In other news, I put in a "stolen/hacked account" support ticket.  Wink

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #194 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:50pm:
In other news, I put in a "stolen/hacked account" support ticket.  Wink

Is that through Turbine, or WB Games?

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #195 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Waiting for the internet tubes to deliver a screenshot of me logging in whilst suspended. They're slow today. Too many people watching this, I imagine.

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #196 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:49pm:
Please see below. I'm not going to upload 2 pictures of the same thing just to not censor the word "motherfuckers".

I saw that after I posted.  Makes perfect sense.  Please accept my humble apology.   Cry

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #197 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:54pm:
Is that through Turbine, or WB Games?

Through Turbine, via the link I posted previously.

IP Logged

Legato
Titan Demolisher

I fart in your general
direction!

Reply #198 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Once you are unbanned, let us know how badly they emptied your pockets...

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Reply #199 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 10:18am:
I agree that there were a large number of store purchases that weekend. 

Overall, though, I suspect the duping would result in a net loss for Turbine on store purchases.

You would see a large decline in long term purchases of crafting mats, dopants, XP Pots, healing pots, etc.  A lot of your consumables that get purchased can be duped or can be acquired through trade ins for items that can be duped. 

Since consumables tend to be their leading sellers, it stands to reason that the net impact of the bug was lower purchases in the store, even if the short term result was a significant up-tick. 

How can you say, "I agree that there were a large number of store purchases that weekend. "

Do you have access to their financials?

Do you have access to their databases?

Exactly what evidence do you have that allows ASHERAS to be able to form a conclusion on how much was spent on the DDO Store?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Send TopicPrint