Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Banned (Read 67026 times)
cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Re: Banned
Reply #50 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 1:21pm:
Fall is in the air and DDO has gone down the automated ban process once again.  Time for a poll as to how many days will pass before they will have to apologize for a script gone bad.

You'd think after the bad press Arenanet received for their automated banning process gone bad, they'd think long and hard about implementing their bad SQL skills once again.  Oh well.

The suspensions, at least, pretty clearly seem to be getting done one-by-one by GMs. The flagging for suspension review was probably an automated query/script, but the suspensions are quite possibly being reviewed before being fired.

How they'll fuck up removal of duped items is the question.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: Tolero says this
Reply #51 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 1:04pm:
Like I said before if there are no repercussions for those who duped other than a vacation then screw that I am duping my balls off next time.  Now if there are repercussions, well in all honesty that isn't to be unexpected.

They didn't even bother to delete ill-gained loot in the past - I remember people bragging about pages of +3 tomes a few years ago with the challenge chests. Some consistency around there would be a good start.

Given that I played maybe 2 of the past 6 months and expect to play even less in the future, I don't have much to lose. It's all just zeroes and ones. If they delete ill-gotten gains, no big deal. If they delete legitimate loot, that's one less reason for players like me to ever return or spend money with them.

It becomes a business decision for Turbine. How many people like me are there, and how much do we affect the game? I would guess that jaded players have a lot less impact than we would like to believe, but probably more impact than Turbine would prefer to see.

The scale-based economy is likely permanently dead, and if even 1% of the dupers slip through the cracks, the other 99% of inventory cleanouts will be a failure. Partial punishment and inconsistent responses breed more resentment than no consequences at all.

Going hog-wild deleting other items will only reduce the odds of people like me ever coming back or spending money on the game. That's three premium accounts in the family, total spend of around $500 in the past four years including 3 MoTU. If they hadn't screwed up the game so badly over the past year or so, I'd still be good for $50-100 a year on my account.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Elegorne
DQ Assaulter

Reply #52 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 1:34pm:

As I said in another post:

When I read: "items are being removed from the characters with extreme prejudice."

I saw:"You think Maban was bad? You can't even imagine how bad we're about to fuck up this time!"

Elegorne,Wizegorne,Healegorne and some other gimp toons on Thelanis

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #53 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 1:38pm:
1% of the dupers

Such accusations...  Sounds like a pretty neat title though...   Hmmmm....

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 1:58pm:
Such accusations...  Sounds like a pretty neat title though...   Hmmmm....

You're a lawyer. Slipping through cracks and loopholes is your profession.

Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

Reply #55 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
All indications are that the ban is not scripted but done by a GM.  That could be wrong but it is how it feels, after all there haven't been early enough yet for a script to be processing them.

As for item deletion, well since it's likely a human doing it really could be anything.

Seriously "with Extreme prejudice" could mean the toon that duped wakes up after 14 days buck naked in a bathtub missing a kidney.

They do have a fine edge to walk though.  They allowed it to continue for so long that it spread to a LOT of accounts out there.   If they ban / delete too hard the impact to the player base could be huge.

If they had been on it early then they would be looking at risking players who, for the most part, played in private little playgrounds in DDO and thus who's departure would have negligible impact on it.   At this point given the sheer number of sale posts, trade / advice / server channel offers that were going around I would think that hitting everyone would have a noticeable negative effect on the server populations.

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #56 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 2:03pm:
You're a lawyer. Slipping through cracks and loopholes is your profession.

same with gay pr0n stars... coincidence?

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 2:06pm:
same with gay pr0n stars... coincidence?

The difference is that OnePercenter doesn't use lube.

IP Logged

Name_Is_Not_Allowed
Korthos Resident

Reply #58 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 1:34pm:

Sadly it's only a question of "how", and not "if"... This can only end badly. I have zero faith they will be able to implement this without non-dupers being executed in the name of justice. I'm guessing even the dupers could give a shit if the duped stuff disappeared, but the moment they vacation someone unjustly hell is going to break loose.

I can just picture in the corner of Turbine's basement there are unpaid interns sitting in dark cubicles muttering over and over again "Fucking dupers, I thought I was going to do cool shit being an intern for an MMO." find duper, execute duper, find duper, execute duper, oops...
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2013 at 2:13pm by Name_Is_Not_Allowed »  

IP Logged

Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

Reply #59 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Makes for a good site traffic driver if nothing else.

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #60 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 1:30pm:
You can't, they only come in stacks of 2

He found an exploit involving a tea bag

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #61 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
FakeStrake wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 2:36pm:
He found an exploit involving a tea bag

Uhhh, yeah, definitely *NOT* going to PM and ask for that one

Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 2:09pm:
The difference is that OnePercenter doesn't use lube.

ROTFL!

Damn, you guys are KILLING my productivity today, this thread has a TON of them! Keep up the good work  Cool

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Glass bottom boat > tea bagging

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #63 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 3:03pm:
Glass bottom boat > tea bagging

Till you hit a stump.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #64 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 3:21pm:
Till you hit a stump.

I was gonna tell you to check urban dictionary for what a glass bottom boat is, but then I realized that maybe you already knew. Hitting a stump in either version of a GBB would be awful.

IP Logged

Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

Reply #65 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
I imagine getting a ban from the game = ban from the official forums as well eh?  given the logons are tied in now.

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #66 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 3:54pm:
I was gonna tell you to check urban dictionary for what a glass bottom boat is, but then I realized that maybe you already knew. Hitting a stump in either version of a GBB would be awful.

I actually didn't... and shouldn't have looked it up.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #67 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 3:58pm:
I imagine getting a ban from the game = ban from the official forums as well eh?  given the logons are tied in now.

I thought so, but I updated my client and checked, and forum ban did not result in game ban yet.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #68 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 3:58pm:

Nope. Even though you log in with your in-game name, being banned in one place does not equate with being banned in the other.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #69 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Any reports of guilds getting a shovel to the skull?

IP Logged

majmalphunktion
Major Motherfucking Malphunktion

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Seriously "with Extreme prejudice" could mean the toon that duped wakes up after 14 days buck naked in a bathtub missing a kidney.

Sounds about right.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:07pm:
Sounds about right.

So can we expect the typical attention to detail, persistence to carry a job to completion, level of accuracy, and precision that we have come to know and love from Turbine?

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #72 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:15pm:
So can we expect the typical attention to detail, persistence to carry a job to completion, level of accuracy, and precision that we have come to know and love from Turbine?

Yes, they'll probably leave the butter-knife they cut you open with still inside. 50 as to teleport it out. Also you'll have to regain consciousness twice. The first time to a red bar.
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:31pm by Sham »  

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #73 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:31pm
Print Post  

Sounds about right.

Tell Tolero I said "nothing personal"... but since the game's become unenjoyable to play, I figured I'd play the forum folk instead.

Never did get one last hurrah at Thrudh, tho... I do has a sad about that.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #74 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:42pm
Print Post  

Sounds about right.

Where are Eladrin and MadFloyd?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Send TopicPrint