Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Banned (Read 67004 times)
Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Re: Banned
Reply #75 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:07pm:
Seriously "with Extreme prejudice" could mean the toon that duped wakes up after 14 days buck naked in a bathtub missing a kidney.

Sounds about right.

Dye all their hair pink.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
I love how people who duped every shit possible in stacks of 10.00 is now like "Well, I don't care about the game anyway. Ban me, it's fine".

If you didn't care, you wouldn't have duped shit.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #77 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:42pm:
Where are Eladrin and MadFloyd?

Banned for duping.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:46pm:
I love how people who duped every shit possible in stacks of 10.00 is now like "Well, I don't care about the game anyway. Ban me, it's fine".

Correction, they only cared TO dupe shit

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #79 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:46pm:
Dye all their hair pink.

*All* of it?  Carpet and drapes?  Seems excessive.  Smiley

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #80 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:58pm
Print Post  

Strange, strange. People that care that I know have been veeeery careful with duping, and some haven´t duped.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #81 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:07pm:
Seriously "with Extreme prejudice" could mean the toon that duped wakes up after 14 days buck naked in a bathtub missing a kidney.

Sounds about right.

As far as I know this is the first time I've ever heard of Turbine taking away the loot that people got through exploiting after they come back from their DDO Vacation.  It's nice to see that finally taking place.

I just hope that Turbine can successfully differentiate between people who were duping vs. people who just have a crapload of loot in general because they play the game way too much.  Also, since I'm here talking about things that I want, I'd like the game to freeze/crash/lock up less often.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #82 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:03pm
Print Post  

Is your thought process always MIA? The person who runs this forum hasn't played DDO in something like three years. There are a lot of people on this forum whose only reason to log in since U19 was for this bug. Some of them would view a permaban as doing them a favor.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #83 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Dye all their hair pink.

Have a permanent finger of death graphic floating over their toon.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Reply #84 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 4:58pm:
As far as I know this is the first time I've ever heard of Turbine taking away the loot that people got through exploiting after they come back from their DDO Vacation.  It's nice to see that finally taking place.

I'm guessing that's why this exploit reached critical mass and exploded like it did.  There was absolutely no fear of the consequences.  I think even Turbine had to have realized that.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #85 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:03pm:
Is your thought process always MIA? The person who runs this forum hasn't played DDO in something like three years. There are a lot of people on this forum whose only reason to log in since U19 was for this bug. Some of them would view a permaban as doing them a favor.

See, I don't get this reasoning. Why would you exploit in a game that you don't even play anymore?

If you see a permaban as a favor, delete the account altogheter, unistall, whatever and be done with the game.

If you log in to dupe things, that means that you WANT a reason to log in, whatever it may be. And in this case stop with the "IDC BAN ME TROLOLOLZ FCK THIZ GAME" dumb talk threads.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:08pm:
See, I don't get this reasoning.

Clearly.

Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:11pm:
lea.

Sorry, my name is not Lea. Try again.

(quoting random things ftw)
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:14pm by Shuy »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #88 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
I don't get this.

We know

Double ninja'd Huh
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:14pm by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #89 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:13pm:
We know

Double ninja'd Huh

Yup. I do know too (I wrote it).

Thanks for pointing out the obvious and not really answering my questions thou  Cheesy

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:15pm:

Thanks for pointing out the obvious and not really answering my questions thou  Cheesy

I was answering a question with a question that's blatantly obvious to answer. Makes this more fun, kinda like duipe'ing  does

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Reply #91 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Here’s how this works:

1)  Weigh the risks (anything game-related, up to and including perma-ban) vs. the rewards (stuff)
2)  Cheat, or don’t cheat
3)  Suck it up and live with the consequences of your decision
4)  Move on, with or without DDO

Optional steps that open you up to well-deserved ridicule:

-- Whine like a little bitch because you got caught
-- Whine like a little bitch because someone else didn’t get caught
-- Think you have a say in what the punishment is or how it’s implemented (Hint: You don’t)
-- Say you are going to pack up your shit and leave (Hint: No one cares)
-- Pretend that Turbine’s past actions, or lack thereof, forced you into your decision (Hint: Grow the fuck up)

You’re welcome.

GooFY

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #92 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:15pm:

You only had one question. Counting is hard, yo.

Why would you exploit in a game that you don't even play anymore?

Perhaps because there is a difference between rarely playing and not ever playing. Reading comprehension FTW.

Given how Turbine has done nothing about every other exploit, and since some of my accounts are of zero worth to me, there really is nothing to lose. An hour of time is a worthwhile investment to have a good chance (based on past inaction) of avoiding some grind - especially if, in the future, the game were to somehow suck less and I chose to return.

The risk:reward ratio was worthwhile for many, especially on throwaway F2P accounts. If you ever manage to understand that not everyone views the world (or the game of DDO in this specific instance) the same way as you do, some of the things that other people do might make more sense.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #93 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:05pm:
I'm guessing that's why this exploit reached critical mass and exploded like it did.  There was absolutely no fear of the consequences.  I think even Turbine had to have realized that.

And now that Turbine has seen an explosion, will people who work themselves into fits of apoplectic rage at the thought of somebody exploiting have a new tool? Will they force Turbine's hand by spreading word of exploits as far and fast as they can?

The exploit haters have learned that Turbine won't do anything about a small exploit, but will fix and take away gains from a widespread exploit, so if you hate exploits, turn little ones into big ones, right?

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #94 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:37pm:
You only had one question. Counting is hard, yo.

Perhaps because there is a difference between rarely playing and not ever playing. Reading comprehension FTW.

Given how Turbine has done nothing about every other exploit, and since some of my accounts are of zero worth to me, there really is nothing to lose. An hour of time is a worthwhile investment to have a good chance (based on past inaction) of avoiding some grind - especially if, in the future, the game were to somehow suck less and I chose to return.

The risk:reward ratio was worthwhile for many, especially on throwaway F2P accounts. If you ever manage to understand that not everyone views the world (or the game of DDO in this specific instance) the same way as you do, some of the things that other people do might make more sense.

Oh my god, you such a tough guy/girl, yo.

You admit you rarely play.
You admit your accounts are worth zero to you.
But then you go on and say that you exploit because you want a good chance to avoid some grind (in a game where you rarely play).
You admit you have done this (ALSO and not ONLY) because maybe, if, somewhat, someday, perhaps, in a couple of years the game might suck less?

Seriously?

It still doesn't make sense to me but oh well. Thanks for the answers, at least.

Yo out.
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:47pm by Shuy »  

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #95 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:46pm:
The exploit haters have learned that Turbine won't do anything about a small exploit, but will fix and take away gains from a widespread exploit, so if you hate exploits, turn little ones into big ones, right?

I think it will be at least two weeks before we have a takeaway message from this one. It's going to come down to the number of mistakes that get made.

My money's on bad feelings all around, with a combination of innocent people getting the banhammer or item deletions, along with a percentage of dupers who get overlooked in the process, or who successfully launder their proceeds. There will be something for everyone to hate.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Reply #96 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 5:46pm:
And now that Turbine has seen an explosion, will people who work themselves into fits of apoplectic rage at the thought of somebody exploiting have a new tool? Will they force Turbine's hand by spreading word of exploits as far and fast as they can?

I think you're really reaching here if you think DDO players are both that organized and that motivated.

But sure, I say expose everything and let the chips fall where they may.  Cheat, don't cheat - either way just own it.

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #97 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Dye all their hair pink lavender.

Fixed in a rather fabulous way.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #98 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
See, I don't get this reasoning. Why would you exploit in a game that you don't even play anymore?

If you see a permaban as a favor, delete the account altogheter, unistall, whatever and be done with the game.

If you log in to dupe things, that means that you WANT a reason to log in, whatever it may be. And in this case stop with the "IDC BAN ME TROLOLOLZ FCK THIZ GAME" dumb talk threads.

or some wanted to exact as much damage and nuisance as possible.

i didn't dupe but enjoyed the hell outta watching yet another turbine ineptitude play out.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #99 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
If only Turbine showed the same passion for fixing bugs and delivering features as they do for vigilante duping justice.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Send TopicPrint