Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic eBoB Jump Spot? (Read 1973 times)
OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

eBoB Jump Spot?
Oct 9th, 2013 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Did they move a tent in the market area to make the jump to skip some of the run more difficult?  Not sure if it glitched for me or if it moved.  Cannith boots, wings, etc work from the lever tower anyway...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Re: eBoB Jump Spot?
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 7:44pm:
Did they move a tent in the market area to make the jump to skip some of the run more difficult?  Not sure if it glitched for me or if it moved.  Cannith boots, wings, etc work from the lever tower anyway...

The main big tent there has been "collapsing" when you get on it. (aka the canopy disappears)  Other than that, I'm not sure.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Yeah noticed this for BoB too last week helping buddy farm ED xp. Just use the wall ahead of it. Works better

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Spybot
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Noticed it too, but over a month ago while I was still playing. Attributed it to poor collision detection, but it was strange that the tent tended to disappear under a certain angle, some basic scelet of the tent was still visible, but as a blank/black mesh void of textures.
Perhaps they've wanted to eliminate it for the sake of preventing us to cut corners and managed to fuck even that up.
Who knows what's intended and what isn't with them these days.

IP Logged

voodoogroves
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
No, it is a definite change.  And amusing.  And, you can still get up - but it is funny.

Maybe.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #5 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
Last time it happened to me I noticed a PuG had opened the front door instead of taking shortcut.

Could be related. Never had the tent vanish in any of my solo runs.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #6 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Vanished for me the last time I ran it solo on epic.

Still not terribly hard to get up there, but it might be at level with only jump pots. 

For a cleric. 

With bad latency. 

And palsy.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #7 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 2:26am
Print Post  
Yes they made changes in eBoB, the tents collapses now under you ( though they stay put if it's a mob on them ).

There's another spot on the other side of the small wooden catwalk, where even a jump impaired Cleric ( with Cannith Boots, but not using clicky ) can jump.

And anyway, there's still the tower to jump from at worst.

One day to make sure we don't skip half the quest they are going to move the GM to the prison area where nobody goes and put invisible walls everywhere.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #8 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 2:45am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 2:26am:
There's another spot on the other side of the small wooden catwalk, where even a jump impaired Cleric ( with Cannith Boots, but not using clicky ) can jump.

Post a map.  X marks the spot, HAAHAAAAAR!

Yes, I've noticed this too...  on my jump-impaired Cleric with Cannith boots  Embarrassed

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #9 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 3:02am
Print Post  
The small house at the back on the right... there's a part of the above walkway that is lower there... Jump on the small house from barrels and then just walk to the walkway.  ( the location is obvious if you take time to look )

If you really can't do it, you still have the jump from the tower, with a FF item you can reach the top of that house and the top walkway.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #10 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 4:25am
Print Post  
Yeah, the tower route is just fine...  it's the principle of the thing  Smiley

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #11 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 4:29am
Print Post  
Last week, you could make the jump pretty close to the collapsing tent: There's a small house behind/left of the tent where you can get up. I think this is what Flav was talking about, too.

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 8:05am
Print Post  
aDifferentHandle wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 4:29am:
Last week, you could make the jump pretty close to the collapsing tent: There's a small house behind/left of the tent where you can get up. I think this is what Flav was talking about, too.

This... If you are facing the tent that collapses from the tower, to the left of the tent is some structure that event he most jump impaired toon should be able to jump up and get right up there.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint