Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic reincarnation reincarnated (Read 6905 times)
Var
Korthos Resident

reincarnation reincarnated
Oct 10th, 2013 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Glin just made a fairly lengthy post about reincarnation.  Phonr won't let me post links.

IP Logged

Var
Korthos Resident

Re: reincarnation reincarnated
Reply #1 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Looks like 4 epic reincarnations will grant  another twist point.

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
it's in the "U20 already" thread

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 2:44pm
Print Post  

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #4 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Var wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 2:37pm:
Glin just made a fairly lengthy post about reincarnation.  Phonr won't let me post links.

Who is Phonr and why won't he let you?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #5 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
With Update 20, DDO will be rolling out four Hearts of Wood for reincarnation of your characters. Heroic True Reincarnation (which you already know as ‘TR’), Iconic True Reincarnation, Epic Reincarnation, and Lesser Reincarnation.

Changes to Reincarnation

As we are adding new forms of Reincarnation, we are being more specific about the names of Hearts of Wood. True Reincarnation is currently specific to Heroic levels 1-20, and is being renamed Heroic True Reincarnation (HTR). Iconic Heroes have their own progression from Level 15 to cap (currently 28) and they may also TR using the Iconic True Reincarnation Heart of Wood (ITR). As previously posted, Epic Reincarnation only impacts Epic levels above 20, since the "True" implies starting at level 1, this item is called Epic Reincarnation Heart of Wood (ER).

I am happy to say a new User Interface (UI) will be in place when you begin your Reincarnation, and Kruz will get the vacation time he's always wanted. Likewise, if your previous journey back from Kruz’s tree had you telling tall tales of your training on a boat, that experience will be relocated to a more ethereal zone that will eventually place you in the Hall of Heroes. This change is great for lore, but ultimately it gives the team a chance to simplify the script and improve the experience. The UI itself will also be more informative and give you some foresight into planning your next life’s Past Life (PL) feats. The free LR will be granted at character creation as a Heart of Wood instead of a gift from Kruz – this will cut down on a lot of player confusion regarding which LR they are consuming.

Goodbye Greater Reincarnation. If you have an account level upgrade for Champion builds (32 pt build), a Lesser Reincarnation will take the place of the Greater Reincarnation Heart of Wood. To apply the same benefit, take your 28 point [non-drow] character and use a LR Heart of Wood, your next build will start as a 32 pt build at level 1. (GR Hearts of Wood will be removed from the DDO Store and treasure drops but you may still use one, if you already have it, as a LR item.)

I am not going to go into detail here on Heroic True Reincarnation, except for context - at level 20 you may start a new character, gain additional stat points (up to 36, after your second life), and earn a class specific Past Life for the characters dominant class. The XP required to level will increase in successive lives as it does currently, but a significant change to the second and third tier XP curve will take effect: total XP required to level to 20 will be lower than it is on live today. For the third tier XP curve this is a huge player benefit at the final heroic levels. (XP Curve values are still in design discussion, but that said, the total XP required for first tier/first life level 1-20 will not change.) There are not a lot of changes to the Heroic Reincarnation experience, and they essentially don’t touch any Epic levels you may have gained before your decision to reincarnate.

To begin explaining the new reincarnation features, Iconic True Reincarnation is the simplest to compare to a Heroic True Reincarnation. Let’s start by stating what you cannot do with ITR: You cannot take an Epic and Iconic PL in the same life. When an Iconic build uses an Epic Reincarnation heart, and rolls from level cap back to 20, they get the same Epic PL that a non-prestige race would get; they do not get an Iconic PL. Iconics cannot go from level 15 to 20 and use the Heroic Reincarnation, they have to level to cap to earn any PL feats. When you reach level cap as an Iconic, you can choose to reincarnate your character to start again, or choose to reincarnate only your Epic levels.

Here’s what you can do with an Iconic build:

• Iconics can reincarnate at level cap (currently 28)
• Iconics can earn an Iconic PL as well as the Class PL from their dominant class. (Yes, you get both!)
• Iconics can Epic Reincarnate, Iconic True Reincarnate and use all LR Hearts of Wood.
• You can start a new life as an iconic race after a Heroic or Iconic True Reincarnation.
• An Iconic can reincarnate and start on the beach at level 1 as something else.
• Iconics can reincarnate at level cap and return to level 15 as another iconic.
• Iconics can Epic Reincarnate from level cap to level 20.
• Iconics always start at 32 build points in their first life. For their second life, an iconic will bump up to 34 build points; once they have more build points, however, they cannot auto-level to 15 with Elminster or Lord of Blades. They must manually train back to 15.
• Yes they do get the XP to take them to 15 regardless of the previous life.

Improvements to Lesser Reincarnation also impact Iconics! Not only is a Lesser Reincarnation an option for Iconics with Update 20, we have figured out how to allow you to Lesser Reincarnate your first level as an Iconic. This means the +1 and higher class change options that are available with Lesser Reincarnation will apply to Iconic characters, giving you even more character build choices.

There is one thing that LR and ER have in common, besides a TLA (Two Letter Acronym).
Both reincarnation types will clear your XP and grant back the XP needed to train your character back to your highest heroic level (with Epic Reincarnation your highest level is 20), all the while leaving any Epic Destiny and fate point earnings unscathed. The process that takes place behind the scenes of Epic Reincarnation is crafted to be safe and stable:
You will earn an Epic Past Life feat, chosen from available feats,
Clear your heroic and epic XP as well as Karma from the Epic Destiny Sphere you selected,
Grant back heroic XP - not altering the earned Epic Destinies.
The side effect of this method effectively grants a LR with your ER, as you can change the build you previously had, limited by your class progression. For sake of development time, we do not level you back to 20 on the path of your previous [custom] build, that said, if you find re-leveling 20 levels with each ER a deterrent, a "train me on the path of my previous build" option could be added - as an opt-in step in the new reincarnation zone - but is not currently planned for development.

To recap the basic of Epic Reincarnation:
Epic reincarnation requires being at level cap and "Karma points" (TBD) in an Epic Destiny Sphere.
As you level Epic Destinies, you gain karma toward Epic Reincarnation in your active Destiny Sphere (e.g. Arcane, Divine, Martial, Primal)
A character at level cap with enough karma can roll back their character, immediately train to level 20, then choose which Destiny and Sphere you want to progress in next.

You can optionally use a Heroic True Reincarnation to earn a Class [PL] feat and start at level 1, immediately after performing an Epic Reincarnation.

Rewards and Past Life feats:
We will be showing new PL feats in more detail on Lamannia during a short beta cycle. Epic and Iconic Past life feats behave a little differently than the granted feats of a Heroic Class PL.
Epic and Iconic Past Life feats grant a passive, always active, ability that stacks within like abilities, and a second ability that can be toggled on/off. Each of the PL options can be taken three times. For each Epic Sphere and the Iconic line, you may have one active ability enabled at a time.
In short, an Iconic and Epic could have 5 passive abilities stacking 3 or more times, and 5 abilities active at one time. You can switch which stance from a sphere is active during quests, so the 5 active out of 15 already earned is strategic and not locked down at quest start. BTW, there will not be an Epic Completionist feat at the launch of U20, but that doesn't rule out the possibility of it appearing in a future update.
Here is a possible example of a character with 2 Epic past lives and then a third in the same Epic Sphere:
Two Epic PL from the Martial Sphere, each gives +1AC, and the option to toggle either 10% Fortification or +1 to all Skills.
In the Third epic life, choose another Fortification PL from the Martial Sphere the build will have +3 to AC and 20% Fortification when that feat is toggled on.

In addition to the stacking abilities of the Epic PL feats, for every 4 Epic Past Lives earned you receive 1 fate point. That includes any Epic Sphere completions so it’s okay if you only took Martial Fortification at the end of your 3rd Epic life as the next Epic Life will earn you an additional fate point. Each fate point is granted based on your character achieving four more Epic Past Life feats.

We will have followup information and for a short time we will be replying to this thread with details as questions arise. Again, you will see the list of Epic PL feats when it is released to Lamannia, anything prior to that ... no promises. Thanks for taking the time to absorb this very long post on what I believe to be a really cool change to our Reincarnation system, as it continues to make DDO the most customizable character build system of any RPG or MMO out there.

~E

IP Logged

Spybot
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #6 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Scheiße, this whole reincarnation thing is turning into a real Gordian Knot.
Epic iconic past life feats, Vanilla past life class feats, Epic destiny epic reincarnation past life feats, Iconic lesser heroic reincarnation, True iconic epic reincarnation, Greater iconic heroic reincarnation, True heroic iconic greater reincarnation to a lesser degree,...
Damn, lost the thread, just get your fucking swords ready and chop at it.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #7 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
First the devs (not so much the players I know) complained that the enhancements were to complicated and redesigned them. And now they make TRing something you can't explain to a new player without making his/her head spin.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #8 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 4:05pm:
REEEEIIINNNNCCCAAARRRNNNAAAATTTEEEEE

wut?

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #9 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
*bang head on wall*

SAN Check failed..

Can somebody explain me in simple term ?

- I get it that LR is going to be a revamped GR
- I get it that TR is going to be a for LVL 20 characters

But What I don't get is
- Is TR going to be available to LVL 21+ characters ?
- What the hell with Epic TR ?
- What the hell with Iconic LR and TR ?

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Spybot
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #10 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 4:57pm:
wut?

Took the words out of my mouth dude

Flav wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 5:02pm:
*bang head on wall*

Join the club copain.
Didn't even read it but am already sitting in a dark room with cerebral contusion.

Leaked insider photo of developers drawing board for reincarnation biz taken
from the Turdbines headquarters...

Only their mind isn't beautiful but perverted and sadistic.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #11 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 5:02pm:
Can somebody explain me in simple term ?

- I get it that LR is going to be a revamped GR
- I get it that TR is going to be a for LVL 20 characters

But What I don't get is
- Is TR going to be available to LVL 21+ characters ?
you can do the current heroic TR at any level between 20 and 28 for standard races.
- What the hell with Epic TR ?
epic TR basically makes you LR back to level 20 with an epic pastlife
- What the hell with Iconic LR and TR ?
Iconics don't get to TR at level 20, they have to reach level 28.

It's now possible to select Iconics as your race after a TR.

Iconic past lives are not tied into "heroic completionist" they may be required for "epic completionist" If that ever gets added.

Iconic LR is the same as any other LR.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #12 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
FakeStrake wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 4:01pm:
Who is Phonr and why won't he let you?

I frickin' HATE phonr.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #13 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
U20 Lesser Reincarnation = Current Lesser Reincarnation & Greater Reincarnation combined

U20 True Reincarnation = Current True Reincarnation or reincarnate as Iconic race and start at level 15

Iconic True Reincarnation  = Normal True Reincarnation except that you have to be at level cap. You get additional Iconic past life feat along with your class past life feat.

Epic Reincarnation = At level cap once you have enough "Karma", back to level 20 (technically level 1 with enough XP for level 20). Lose some destiny XP in exchange for your choice of epic past life feat from that sphere. The epic past life feat has a minor passive bonus and some sort of epic past life stance that grants a larger bonus.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Good Explanation
Reply #14 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
If this guy is right, he's simplified the hearts and reincarnation stuff.

Quote:
Let me help on your work.

Case 1: I have a level 28 Human Cleric.
  • What happens when I use an Epic Heart?
    You get back to being a Level 20 Human Cleric (While being able to benefit from a free LR+0), will lose "Karma" (TBD) and get one Epic Past Life feat. Favor and flagging will remain untouched.
  • What happens when I use a Heroic True Heart?
    You start a new character with a Cleric Past Life, that can be of any race. Just like current TR works. Alternativelly, you can also choose to start at level 15 as an Iconic race.
  • What happens when I use an Iconic True Heart?
    You can't use an Iconic True Heart.

Case 2: I have a level 20 Dwarf Sorcerer.
    You can't use an Epic Heart if you are not at the level cap (Currently, 28).
    You start a new character with a Sorcerer Past Life, that can be of any race. Just like current TR works. Alternativelly, you can also choose to start at level 15 as an Iconic race.
    You can't use an Iconic True Heart.

Case 3: I have a level 28 Bladeforged Paladin.
    You get back to being a Level 20 Bladeforged Paladin (While being able to benefit from a free LR+0), will lose "Karma" (TBD) and get one Epic Past Life feat. Favor and flagging will remain untouched.
    You start a new character with a Paladin Past Life, that can be of any race. Just like current TR works. Alternativelly, you can also choose to start at level 15 as an Iconic race.
    You start a new character with a Bladeforged Past Life and a Paladin Past Life, that can be of any race. Just like current TR works. Alternativelly, you can also choose to start at level 15 as an Iconic race.

Case 4: I have a level 20 Shadar-kai Rogue.
    You can't use an Epic Heart if you are not at the level cap (Currently, 28).
    You can't use a Heroic True Heart at level 20. For an Iconic character to be able to True Reincarnate, you must be at the level cap (Currently, 28).
    You can't use an Iconic True Heart at level 20. For an Iconic character to be able to True Reincarnate, you must be at the level cap (Currently, 28).

On red is what I suppose that happens. Any errors there?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/427649-Reincarnation-reincarnated?p=51...

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 4:05pm:
Here is a possible example of a character with 2 Epic past lives and then a third in the same Epic Sphere:
Two Epic PL from the Martial Sphere, each gives +1AC, and the option to toggle either 10% Fortification or +1 to all Skills.

In the Third epic life, choose another Fortification PL from the Martial Sphere the build will have +3 to AC and 20% Fortification when that feat is toggled on.

I hope the others are much better. This example does not seem to me to be worth the grind. A real shitty reward imho.
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2013 at 10:53pm by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

Sgtgig
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #16 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
THEY KILLED KRUZ IT'S OVER.

IP Logged

Deathdefy
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:21am
Print Post  
He (a little ambiguously but still) said the +1 AC was not a real epic PL feat.

Producer Glin:
Quote:
I have seen a lot of posts today clearly stating that they think 1 AC for sacrificing their XP from level 20 to 28 is a great idea.
While I appreciate the suggestions, I have to disagree, earning a PL feat that only grants +1 to AC is a ridiculous idea.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #18 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:26am
Print Post  
Deathdefy wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:21am:
He (a little ambiguously but still) said the +1 AC was not a real epic PL feat.

Producer Glin:

I looked through Progressive Glib's Twitter feed.  Now I know why duplication happened.  Just let everyone print what they need...  /back to my P&R feed...  Hmmmph...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #19 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 7:54am
Print Post  
Nice of Glin to stay active in that thread. Last post I saw:

"More info to roll out later

Good set of questions, points of confusion or even areas where I was too vague. We won’t be able to address all of this in one thread.
    From my parsing the list so far, here is a suggested list of other topics for us to cover: (topic titles TBD)
    "What are the PLs, seriously what do I get for this?",
    "Grandfather Karma" Or "So you've completed all your EDs already, have some Karma",
    "Where to find Hearts of Wood",
    "Reincarnation planning simplified, one build at a time",
    ...anything with pictures, charts and/or graphs.

Since I covered 4 types of Hearts of Wood in this post, it's a bit heavy. I am glad to see the community help clarify some of the nuance, so thank you for that. I’ll start working on the deeper dive topics next, while trying to let the Systems and engineering team focus on building it out. I hope to gather a solid FAQ list to address common questions from this thread.

~E "
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/427649-Reincarnation-reincarnated?p=51...

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Good Explanation
Reply #20 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 10:24pm:

Glin posted that the quoted usage case is correct.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #21 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 10:24pm:

Yeah Sarlona!

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #22 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 11:53am:
Yeah Sarlona!

Ok so not ALL Sarlonans are retards. Don't let it go to your head.  Tongue

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #23 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Yeah Sarlona!

No wonder noone else could make heads or tales of that post - he must have been speaking Sarlonese. 

Sarlonese is like English but incomprehensable to a normal DDO player due to the incoherent rambling and derailed trains of thought.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #24 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
Yeah Sarlona!

Now we get Savant added to our usual title!

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint