Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Free Civ5 or Mafia 2 (Read 552 times)
karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Re: Free Civ5 or Mafia 2
Reply #25 - Nov 6th, 2013 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Nov 4th, 2013 at 2:15pm:
You have no idea, while I'm still spending a lot of time in DDO, I've been hit regularly bu those stupid changed...
I can't make heaps of fighting units on top of my Generals to kick the ass out of anything that comes in range.
and I won't talk about the Hex thingie... It's hellish for an old Civ Hand.

Now that I've played a bit more, I am OK with hexes and even some of the mechanics around military units (you can do some creative shit with unit location swapping).  THE CLICKY-ASS INTERFACE IS ABOUT TO MAKE ME WASTE ALL THE MONEY I PAID FOR THIS GAME... oh, wait...

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Nov 6th, 2013 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
The only Civ I've played before was the original, Civ II.  The non-stacking is incredibly annoying, but supposedly there were some balance issues with unit stacking and I much prefer the hex grid over the square grid as it's much more natural.  I hope they work out the stacking issue in the next iteration.

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #27 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 6:35am
Print Post  
I've played Civ 1 to 3 (never got into 4) the call to powers, alpha centauri, and several other 4x games, I can honestly say that once you get used to it, oupt (one unit per tile) is the best way to inject real strategy into fights. Try out multiplayer if you get to the point where you can beat deity consistently, the no-quitters group on steam is fantastic (one of the main problems with the lobbies is that people drop as soon as they're losing, you get banned from the group for doing this). The oupt thing really starts to be cool in mp.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #28 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Am I absolutely fucking brilliant, or is this AI programmed after the intellectual capacity of IMARANGER?

I just watched the AI sit and wait for me to complete the pyramids for 15 turns, and I had started WAY after (like 8 or 9 turns) they already had the prereqs... Civ IV AI would eaten me alive if I had tried that. 5 civs visible, and not ONE beat me to the wonder?

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #29 - Nov 11th, 2013 at 5:36am
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Nov 7th, 2013 at 6:26pm:
Am I absolutely fucking brilliant, or is this AI programmed after the intellectual capacity of IMARANGER?

I don't know what that IMARANGER thing is, but from your tone, yes. It's about as smart as a premiership football player after his third kebab. Wonders do depend on difficulty though. You're unlikely to get anything very much on immortal and above. The AI just cheats too much.

« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2013 at 5:37am by totally »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #30 - Nov 11th, 2013 at 10:10am
Print Post  
totally wrote on Nov 11th, 2013 at 5:36am:
I don't know what that IMARANGER thing is,

It's not a thing, he is a Vaultie :

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?action=viewprofile;username=07030F...
« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2013 at 10:10am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint