Poll
Poll closed Question: What Server do you MAINLY Play on? (10/13)
bars   pie
*** This poll has now closed ***

When I eat donuts, I do it on Argo    
  21 (8.0%)
When I eat donuts, I do it on Cannith    
  26 (10.0%)
When I eat donuts, I do it on G-Land    
  34 (13.0%)
When I eat donuts, I do it on Khyber    
  46 (17.6%)
When I eat donuts, I do it on Orien    
  34 (13.0%)
When I eat donuts, I do it on Sarlona    
  33 (12.6%)
When I eat donuts, I do it on Thelanis    
  22 (8.4%)
When I eat donuts, I do it on Wayfinder    
  9 (3.4%)
I eat donuts elsewhere, because I don't play DDO anymore.    
  36 (13.8%)

Total votes: 261
« Last Modified by: Meat-Head on: Oct 14th, 2013 at 1:13pm »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) See how I did that? (Read 14845 times)
GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Re: See how I did that?
Reply #25 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 10:07am:
Don't count on it.  I would be willing to bet, however, that there will be a DDO 2 at some point.  I don't think DDO will live forever, but the D&D IP and brand equity is too strong. 

They (the mysterious they) think they've already made this.  It's called Neverwinter.  They went with your second option (MMO-like).  Enjoy.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #26 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Next Page Plox

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #27 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
MR. SLLLLAAATTE!

Sorry, it is Bosses' Day or whatever, so Wilma wouldn't do...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #28 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 8:40am
Print Post  
GO CANNITH!

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #29 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 8:44am
Print Post  
Orien is 2nd?

Kinda a makes me feel like riverdancing!

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #30 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Honestly, before this poll I half forgot Orien existed. Orien must be the dudes that just keep their heads down and get stuph done. Don't seem to hear "Orien Drama" or "Orien EPEEN" or whatever.

wtf IS Orien?

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #31 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 11:01am
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 4:13pm:
They (the mysterious they) think they've already made this.  It's called Neverwinter.  They went with your second option (MMO-like).  Enjoy.

Lol.  That pile of shit doesn't qualify. 

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #32 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Oct 17th, 2013 at 10:38am:
Don't seem to hear "Orien Drama" or "Orien EPEEN" or whatever.

We eagerly await the return of Desolator.

Stoddard seems to be picking up the slack though.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #33 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 17th, 2013 at 11:01am:
Lol.  That pile of shit doesn't qualify. 

We can start again the discussion, as LeslieDouche don't come here.

It's got the D&D Brand. it's an MMO. It even got some of the D&D ( 4th Ed ) mechanisms.  It qualifies for the title of DDO2.

True it doesn't change the fact that it's a pile of shit.
( well the only part Turbine could learn from is the crafting system, they have something that while perfectible is not bad and at least shows some consistency... compared to the fucked up situation in DDO it's marvelous )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #34 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 12:09am
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Oct 17th, 2013 at 10:38am:
Orien must be the dudes that just keep their heads down and get stuph done.

Perfectly described in one sentence Cheesy

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #35 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 12:12am
Print Post  
Slug wrote on Oct 17th, 2013 at 11:08am:
Stoddard seems to be picking up the slack though.

He is slowly getting into 24-28 level range, kinda makes me worried :X

If only we could make him post about his daily adventures on the official forums, now that would be comedy gold :0

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 5:45am
Print Post  
I think Orien needs to start recruiting more happy, dedicated and disciplined players. Cheesy

But seems you asked for it maybe you should get a bit of Orien Drama. Someone cleared GH Tor(EH) so that only the 3 dragons were left and invited people to help with dragons and better chance of loot(I am very sure the partyleader could have soloed the dragons too and he didn't reserve any items).
Stoddard joins (partyleader probably didn't know stoddard yet) and calls a paladin hire. (I still wonder what a paladin hire is good for)
Then the partyleader tells him to dismiss so that another one can be invited to the party. This somehow started that Stoddard mocked the partyleader that he wouldn't know much about ddo etc. (don't remember anymore what exactly he said).
After a while of argueing where stoddard also 'proved' his superior knowledge about ddo the partyleader couldn't hold back and said 'retard'.
Stoddard reported him ingame and BAM! not even 5 minutes later the partyleader disconnected and had a 3 days ban.

An ingame friend had a nice description for Stoddard: 'Stoddard is like desolator, just less friendly'.
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2013 at 5:49am by SwashbucklerHater »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 6:01am
Print Post  
SwashbucklerHater wrote on Oct 18th, 2013 at 5:45am:
I think Orien needs to start recruiting more happy, dedicated and disciplined players. Cheesy

But seems you asked for it maybe you should get a bit of Orien Drama. Someone cleared GH Tor(EH) so that only the 3 dragons were left and invited people to help with dragons and better chance of loot(I am very sure the partyleader could have soloed the dragons too and he didn't reserve any items).
Stoddard joins (partyleader probably didn't know stoddard yet) and calls a paladin hire. (I still wonder what a paladin hire is good for)
Then the partyleader tells him to dismiss so that another one can be invited to the party. This somehow started that Stoddard mocked the partyleader that he wouldn't know much about ddo etc. (don't remember anymore what exactly he said).
After a while of argueing where stoddard also 'proved' his superior knowledge about ddo the partyleader couldn't hold back and said 'retard'.
Stoddard reported him ingame and BAM! not even 5 minutes later the partyleader disconnected and had a 3 days ban.

An ingame friend had a nice description for Stoddard: 'Stoddard is like desolator, just less friendly'.

Man, if someone summoned a paladin hire and refused to dismiss it, I'd go ape shit too.  Send good vibes out to your friend for me, I feels for him.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #38 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 7:12am
Print Post  

It appears that some folks have figured out to protect their lfms from this "happy" fellow,
just put this in the comment section:
"Sad, Lazy and Apathetic people only. Must have a pulse!"

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #39 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 8:40am
Print Post  
'Stoddard is like desolator, just less friendly'

He griefed our VON run last weekend when the leader didn't recognize his rogue, Zeperigo, and let him into the group.  A newbie cleric got lost somehow and Stoddard said he was going to guide her.  Some wizard casts ddoor and runs over to the cleric to help.  This was enough to set Stoddard off, he flipped out saying the dude has issues, why would you go over there when I already said I was doing it?...

He begged for GH throughout both parts of the raid.  Awesomebard links her GH scrolls and Stoddard answers by linking his own stack of GH scrolls and says it's mage's job to buff.  Then he killed the djinni we had prepped so that took about 5 tries to get the pillars.  He runs straight into Velah before half the people are gathered.  I never saw Pointless so angry before.

« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2013 at 8:50am by Slug »  

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #40 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 10:49am
Print Post  

Shocked

IP Logged

Proudexploiter
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Slug wrote on Oct 18th, 2013 at 8:40am:
He griefed our VON run last weekend when the leader didn't recognize his rogue, Zeperigo, and let him into the group.  A newbie cleric got lost somehow and Stoddard said he was going to guide her.  Some wizard casts ddoor and runs over to the cleric to help.  This was enough to set Stoddard off, he flipped out saying the dude has issues, why would you go over there when I already said I was doing it?...

He begged for GH throughout both parts of the raid.  Awesomebard links her GH scrolls and Stoddard answers by linking his own stack of GH scrolls and says it's mage's job to buff.  Then he killed the djinni we had prepped so that took about 5 tries to get the pillars.  He runs straight into Velah before half the people are gathered.  I never saw Pointless so angry before.

It makes me wonder how it is possible that such person is still able to get into groups...
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2013 at 11:26am by Proudexploiter »  

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #42 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
There are several like that on Sarlona...

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #43 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Oct 18th, 2013 at 1:15pm:
There are several like that on Sarlona...

On G-Land we just have Leslie. Embarrassed

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #44 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Oct 17th, 2013 at 11:13am:
We can start again the discussion, as LeslieDouche don't come here.

It's got the D&D Brand. it's an MMO. It even got some of the D&D ( 4th Ed ) mechanisms.  It qualifies for the title of DDO2.

True it doesn't change the fact that it's a pile of shit.
( well the only part Turbine could learn from is the crafting system, they have something that while perfectible is not bad and at least shows some consistency... compared to the fucked up situation in DDO it's marvelous )

I get your point.  But I was thinking of DDO2 as coming from the same developer, like Asheron's Call and Everquest.  An MMO developed by a different company with a specific tie in to a small part of the FR world and a specific book series feels less like an over-arching replacement and more like a niche offering for Salvatore fans.

If Turbine was going to make a DDO2, would they even bother with Eberron?  Or would they just go straight to FR and base everything there?  I'm betting they'd drop Eberron.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #45 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Slug wrote on Oct 18th, 2013 at 8:40am:

Wow, I've not see a douche of this level in a while.  I see a server transfer and toon rename in his future.  In fact, this turd could be FatherKline or Astraghal transferred and renamed.

IP Logged

RollingLow
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 18th, 2013 at 1:48pm:
Wow, I've not see a douche of this level in a while.  I see a server transfer and toon rename in his future.  In fact, this turd could be FatherKline or Astraghal transferred and renamed.

Reminds me of corpsepounder, aka littlegirlone aka bershakur. He changes his name after he pisses enough people off.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #47 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 18th, 2013 at 1:46pm:
If Turbine was going to make a DDO2, would they even bother with Eberron?  Or would they just go straight to FR and base everything there?  I'm betting they'd drop Eberron.

If there is a straight up sequel, I would bet that it would still be the same sort of public hub/private instance system that adapts well to bridging multiple game worlds. That way they could try and leverage more game worlds since D&D fans are crazy when it comes to their favorite worlds. It also adapts very well to the F2P model.

What I could see is less Eberron (but not dropped as they have already done a ton of work on fleshing out Xendrik), more Forgotten Realms, add default/Greyhawk since those rights should be secure already. Set up a proper hub between worlds instead of the stupid Hall of Heroes. Each world would either be a full 1-20 experience or level banded so you hit every world on your way to the cap. Then add trips to more game worlds as expansions, like they did with MotU.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #48 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Mystara !!!!

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #49 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Final Results Are In

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint