Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) New method for getting True Hearts (Read 32013 times)
Slug
Shroud Slacker

New method for getting True Hearts
Oct 18th, 2013 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Sagas:
NEW: Epic level Saga rewards now include the option to select "Commendations of Valor:"
Commendations of Valor are a currency which fit in the Ingredient Bag.
If you remove the Commendations of Valor from your ingredient bag and doubleclick on them, a shop interface will open in which you can spend your Commendations of Valor for the following rewards:
Heroic True Heart of Wood
Iconic True Heart of Wood
Epic Heart of Wood
True Hearts of Wood are no longer available at The Twelve.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/376774-Lamannia-Release-Notes-(Last-Up...)

That stack of epic tokens you're hoarding, spend them on true hearts before U20.  Wonder how many saga completions we'll need.
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2013 at 2:13pm by Slug »  

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Re: New method for getting True Hearts
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
This is just on Lamm right now for U20.  Suggest people get their hearts while tokens still work.

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #2 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
raybob wrote on Oct 18th, 2013 at 2:11pm:
This is just on Lamm right now for U20.  Suggest people get their hearts while tokens still work.

You ninja'ed my edit!!!!!

IP Logged

Name_Is_Not_Allowed
Korthos Resident

Reply #3 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Slug wrote on Oct 18th, 2013 at 2:09pm:
That stack of epic tokens you're hoarding, spend them on true hearts before U20.  Wonder how many saga completions we'll need.

I know alot of folks, self included, that have accumulated large amounts of tokens for future lives. Tokens stack, go in bags, and are BtA. Hearts don't/aren't. *thumbs down*

IP Logged

hgm-chi
Dragon Raider

Meh.

Reply #4 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Hmmm... is there anything else we can use the tokens for?  Are they still required for old school epic augments or are those all toast now (no, I don't farm for epic weapons at all)?  I have a fairly significant stack and wondering if I should keep any at all.

IP Logged

madman
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
You didn't read down far enough.  It gets even crappier.

NEW: Hall of Heroes (Forgotten Realms and Eberron) is now home to the Life-Shaper, your friendly new Reincarnation Guide!

Edit: Varg says anyone can enter the hall from in game on live

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/427649-Reincarnation-reincarnated?p=51...
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2013 at 2:55pm by madman »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #6 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
you can't get catalyst for the old augments anymore... so they are useless for that.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #7 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
I can't decide if they're just really bad at their fucking jobs, of if they're really rather good at fucking with us.

Incompetence or malevolence... too close to call.

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #8 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Oct 18th, 2013 at 2:42pm:
I can't decide if they're just really bad at their fucking jobs, of if they're really rather good at fucking with us.

Incompetence or malevolence... too close to call.

I feel like it's payback for duping.

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #9 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
I'm sitting on 3 tokens and 800 fragments ...fuck

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #10 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
NEW: Bags are no longer allowed in Guild Chests.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #11 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Oct 18th, 2013 at 2:58pm:

Grin

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #12 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 3:17pm
Print Post  

Angry

good news is I can stop leveling that shell guild..
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2013 at 3:26pm by Meat-Head »  

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

sadface
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 3:25pm
Print Post  

Cry

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #14 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Slug wrote on Oct 18th, 2013 at 2:09pm:
Sagas:
NEW: Epic level Saga rewards now include the option to select "Commendations of Valor:"
Commendations of Valor are a currency which fit in the Ingredient Bag.
If you remove the Commendations of Valor from your ingredient bag and doubleclick on them, a shop interface will open in which you can spend your Commendations of Valor for the following rewards:
Heroic True Heart of Wood
Iconic True Heart of Wood
Epic Heart of Wood
True Hearts of Wood are no longer available at The Twelve.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/376774-Lamannia-Release-Notes-(Last-Up...)

I suppose the good news is that doin a saga is a little less work than 20 tokens.

I still hate this change.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #15 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
I wouldn't have room to make hearts of wood with tokens... they don't stack. Good thing I don't want to TR anything again ever.

IP Logged

RAM
Korthos Resident

Not by Strength by Guile

Reply #16 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Oct 18th, 2013 at 3:25pm:
I suppose the good news is that doin a saga is a little less work than 20 tokens.

Except it will take more than a single Commendation of Valor...

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #17 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
I figured they were going to axe the tokens for hearts sooner or later.  It made sense with the new u20 changes to hearts.  At least you can still earn them in game.  However, they really need to give you something that tokens are good for.  Their value is getting erroded with disturbing speed.

I would like to see Epic tokens, Commendations (Villager, PDK, Cleric, Warmage, etc), Heroic Comms, and these new Commendations of Valor all be consolidated into the same thing.  Commendations of Valor is a fine name.  Throw in Shav Trophies too.  OR, make them exchangable.  1 Epic Token = 1 Regular Commendation = 1 Shav Trophy.  2 Epic Tokens = 1 Epic Raid Token.  5 Epic Raid Tokens = 1 Heroic Commendation.  2 Heroic Commendations = 1 Commendation of Valor.   

Something like that.  Make this shit interchangable so that it doesn't go to waste or tie up inventory space.  Of course, you'd have to deal with the fact that Tokens and Shav Trophies are BtA and the rest are BtC.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #18 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 18th, 2013 at 3:37pm:
I would like to see Epic tokens, Commendations (Villager, PDK, Cleric, Warmage, etc), Heroic Comms, and these new Commendations of Valor all be consolidated into the same thing.  Commendations of Valor is a fine name.  Throw in Shav Trophies too.  OR, make them exchangable.  1 Epic Token = 1 Regular Commendation = 1 Shav Trophy.  2 Epic Tokens = 1 Epic Raid Token.  5 Epic Raid Tokens = 1 Heroic Commendation.  2 Heroic Commendations = 1 Commendation of Valor.   

Something like that.  Make this shit interchangable so that it doesn't go to waste or tie up inventory space.  Of course, you'd have to deal with the fact that Tokens and Shav Trophies are BtA and the rest are BtC.

Yes plox.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
This is a horrible change. I can get the tokens for a free heart in 5 or 6 hours at the moment. I am sure the saga's will take days to do. Also no low level saga's so you can't do it as you level. So it will be wasted time at endgame if you are going to TR in a even larger amount of time. Glad I have 18 past lives. DDO knows shit about marketing. They charge way to much in the store and no one there seems to understand that jacked up TP cost's in a F2P game are stupid. If they lowered the price in the store to 500 or less points for a heart they would make a shit load more money off the volume of sales than they make now. Looks like this saga was a bait and switch. Give the players something for free get them excited about shitty skill tomes or free XP and then switch it to something else. The time sink required to grind saga's for free hearts will probably drive even more people away from this game. It's really amazing how shitty of a job Turbine does at marketing this game. If cakes and shit were cheaper people would use them more often and the profits would go up. DDO does not seem to understand this as the cost of shit rarely equals it's value. It's also amazing how DDO gives you two paths, one a F2P and one a P2P and yet constantly changes the formula. With all the money I have spent on packs and shit I will not go back to a P2P formula even if they push shit like a free saga skip and add shit like saga's for hearts. It's again shitty marketing that DDO while offering you 2 paths keeps adding bumps in the road to the path I chose to go down. At the rate DDO is going I probably need to just start looking for a new game.

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Good thing all you superdupers have giant stacks of those tokens, I mean Commendations of Valor.

Oh wait...

Extreme Prejudice ftw!   Cheesy

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Oct 18th, 2013 at 3:25pm:

even on epic casual running all of GH, is still a lot more than 2x en/eh Devil assault with inviting people to pass tokens

GH because afaik its the a shortest saga that requires with the least amount of flagging, only Tor and you only need a single quest pack for it

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #22 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:
even on epic casual running all of GH, is still a lot more than 2x en/eh Devil assault with inviting people to pass tokens

GH because afaik its the a shortest saga that requires with the least amount of flagging, only Tor and you only need a single quest pack for it

Well, I suppose that's true. You have better friends than me. Sad

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #23 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
From Squeak:

Quote:
Commendations of Valor:
Bound to Character
Completing an Epic Saga will grant Commendations of Valor. The amount depends on the Saga and the difficulties you ran the individual quests on (like other Saga rewards). I have not checked how many Commendations of Valor each Saga grants.
Double clicking on a Commendation of Valor brings up a Barter UI with the following options:
Heroic True Heart of Wood - 900 Commendations of Valor
Iconic True Heart of Wood - 1150 Commendations of Valor
Epic Heart of Wood - 2000 Commendations of Valor
All Hearts of Wood obtained through the Commendations of Valor are Bound to Character.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
On Lammania, hearts cost 900 coms for heroic. 1150 coms iconic. and 2000 for epic.

no idea how many coms a saga passes out.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint