Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) New method for getting True Hearts (Read 32017 times)
Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Re: New method for getting True Hearts
Reply #100 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 3:05pm:
@producerglin just tweeted . . .

"There is a huge misunderstanding about the number of Sagas needed to earn a HoW. I am hoping we clear that up today."

In other words . . . the angry mob worked.

lol lies and bull.  There was no misunderstanding.  There was an attempt to throw a slider that EVERYONE caught on to and helped knock it into the stands.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #101 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Nice. This was his, "I'll buy some time so we can come up with something better than what FoS might pull out of his hipster crack."

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #102 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 3:39pm
Print Post  

"There is a huge misunderstanding about the number of Sagas needed to earn a HoW. I am hoping we clear that up today."

Even if they dramatically drop the numbers, they're still completely invalidating all that old content where tokens used to drop. The "angry mob" didn't work, they're still going forward with their stupid bullshit plan.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #103 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 3:39pm:
Even if they dramatically drop the numbers, they're still completely invalidating all that old content where tokens used to drop. The "angry mob" didn't work, they're still going forward with their stupid bullshit plan.

Only way this works is if tokens can be turned in for 45 comms each.

So, ya know, we can turn in mats to get tokens to get comms to get hearts.  Shocked

Even then, the BTC aspect of the comms ain't gonna fly.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #104 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 5:12pm
Print Post  

Yeah I won: the placeholder value alibi !!!

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #105 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 3:39pm:

Whats so hard about a token trade in for comms.  Honestly.  i don't understand why they can't whip up a barter box and make all this stuff convertible in some way.  It means that all those quests are earning you something.  It makes more content more valid.  It also means that you can get your heart (or whatever) by running content you like.  One of the best things they did with Cannith Challenges was the ability to trade them so that I never had to run stupid Disruptor.

Here's a hint, Turbine, you WANT to give people reasons to run content they like.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #106 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 5:51pm:
Whats so hard about a token trade in for comms.  Honestly.  i don't understand why they can't whip up a barter box and make all this stuff convertible in some way.  It means that all those quests are earning you something.  It makes more content more valid.  It also means that you can get your heart (or whatever) by running content you like.  One of the best things they did with Cannith Challenges was the ability to trade them so that I never had to run stupid Disruptor.

Yet the Cannith Challenges Epic mats still cannot buy Epic gear or be traded for mats that can make Epic gear.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #107 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 5:57pm:
Yet the Cannith Challenges Epic mats still cannot buy Epic gear or be traded for mats that can make Epic gear.

Ummm...yes they can.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Vaults_of_the_Artificers_epic_items

Have you ever played this game?

Roll Eyes

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 6:17pm:
Ummm...yes they can.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Vaults_of_the_Artificers_epic_items

Have you ever played this game?

Roll Eyes

Ummm, you need the level 15-20 mats to make the base items.

Which is really fscking hard to do when you're level 28 and get 5% of a heavily penalized score rewarded.

IP Logged

dilnu
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #109 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
AnalFissure wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 6:28pm:

Which is really fscking hard to do when you're level 28 and get 5% of a heavily penalized score rewarded.

Its called a mat getting alt.  I have 2 one for low level and one for level 15. OH and suck less just saying.
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2013 at 6:33pm by dilnu »  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #110 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
AnalFissure wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 6:28pm:

Then run them at level dumbass.

Edited:
Argh! Ninja'd!!
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2013 at 6:44pm by Arkat »  

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #111 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 6:43pm:
Then run them at level dumbass.

Not everyone has 12000 alts like me though.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #112 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 6:44pm:
Not everyone has 12000 alts like me though.

I like dilnu's plan.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #113 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Fuck you people and your challenge alts; stop being a Turbine apologist.  It's shitty ass design to require non-epic mats to create an epic item.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #114 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 6:53pm:
It's shitty ass design to require non-epic mats to create an epic item.

No one is debating that fact. The reality is, have alts or call the waambulance.  They aren't going to change, they aren't going to listen, they aren't going to do anything to save this game at this point.  They are in milk mode.

IP Logged

dilnu
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #115 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Fuck you people and your challenge alts; stop being a Turbine apologist.  It's shitty ass design to require non-epic mats to create an epic item. 

I do agree with that it is shit design. Still going with suck less though.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #116 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 4:16pm:
Even then, the BTC aspect of the comms ain't gonna fly.

This.  BtC is the killer. Until they change THAT, nothing else is going to matter.

IP Logged

TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #117 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/428583-Earning-Hearts-of-Wood-post-U20...

Last week we updated Lamannia with a new barter option in place for earning Hearts of Wood in-game. While we would have been better if the information I posting here was released at the same time, we received feedback from the community on the most concerning issues that come with both introducing a new system and changing an old. Below, I intend to address a few facts on the system, cover some of the design thoughts and also address concerns that were highlighted over the weekend.

When Update 20 goes out to live servers, there will be a new commendation available through select Epic Sagas that will allow players to barter for Hearts of Wood. Initially these Epic Sagas will offer an option to claim a Commendation of Valor; in time we intend to add additional methods to obtain “Commendations of Valor.”

(a) Saga: The End of Eberron (Epic)
(b) Saga: Perils of Cormyr (Epic)
(c) Saga: The Planeswalker’s Path (Epic)
(d) Saga: Menace of the Underdark (Epic)
(e) Saga: Honor of the Huntsilvers (Epic)
(f) Saga: In the Wastes of Gianthold (Epic)

A quest can overlap two or more sagas. In the situation where a quest is in multiple sagas, you will receive completion credit for each saga, for example, completing “A stay at the Inn” from the Update 16 Adventure Pack will reward credit in 3 Saga’s (b, c, e above). In this way, you can complete 5 sagas by playing 36 quests, and various combinations within that scenario if you prefer to skip some content.

The points you earn from completing a saga will vary based on the difficulty you completed them in. The number of commendations earned on an all elite run is 3-4 times that of an all normal run. In addition to difficulty, the higher level sagas tend to reward more commendations as well. Since the commendation is the currency, the important figure is the cost of the Hearts of Wood.

Feedback received:
The prices on Lamannia are not final – inspired by the Lamannia feedback, the Heroic Heart of Wood will be greatly reduced from the price displayed in the bartershop today. We’ll be looking at your additional feedback and how players play through sagas, and adjust the costs appropriately. We expect the average player to, upon reaching the minimum level requirement, spend additional hours to obtain a Heart of Wood – but never hundreds of hours. Since the heroic goal is 20, we are lowering the expectation of number of Epic quests needed to earn the heart. You will find that Iconic and Epic hearts cost more because you are expected to earn most of it during gameplay, if you approach earning commendations as your priority reward for Sagas. We are still working on these values, and next Lamannia update they will be lower (though still open to adjustment up/down based on feedback)

Saga’s have been intermittently off since they were introduced this summer. We approached this system with much consideration for delivering something this important, so it is not taken lightly, and we are focused on making sure that Sagas remain available for players who have already started engaging with them, even before the commendations were “the new thing”.

What are we solving?
•      The saga system serves to spread out repeat questing and reward for playing a variety of content and more challenging content. It does not penalize for playing out of order and you can be on track for multiple sagas simultaneously.
•      One thing, which players have already pointed out, is we are moving to a single game currency specifically for Hearts of Wood. New content, Eberron or FR, will not use Tokens of the Twelve, formerly “Epic Dungeon Tokens.” Originally intended as a hardcore option for the most Elite level cap builds – prior to U14 - the accessibility was made trivial for some when Epic levels were introduced. We left that unchecked and low priority for some time and there is an amazing disparity between players that can grind dozens in hours vs. the majority that takes days (20-30 hours) of gameplay to accomplish – we are balancing this system.
•      Along those lines, for over a year DDO has not been adding to the Twelve tokens reward system, quite the opposite, and we will continue to deprecate this system over time. As this is being written, the design team is discussing a few approaches to how this will be done.

Feedback received:
As of this writing, Update 20 will not remove the Heart of Wood from the Twelve barter NPC. Next steps will be discussed at a later date, but eventually commendations will be the preferred method of exchange – ideally this is preferred by most players, today that is not the case and we are acting accordingly.
I do want to point out that the name of the True Druidic Heart of Wood is changing to Heroic Heart of Wood and all existing true-hearts will be updated to match.

As we work to get Reincarnation out to Lamannia, we will also make initial updates to the bartershops with Hearts of Wood.

I realize there are more topics to cover on this subject and we aim to address this here, on the Lamannia forums, during development.

I dunno whatever, far to busy with college mid-terms at the moment. Cheers, make what you will of it! Sigh.

Doesn't address if the valor comms are BtC still or not...

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #118 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
They really need valor comms to be BTA.

They really need to make valor comms available in old content, preferably dropping in place of tokens of the twelve when they do eventually remove tokens of the twelve.

That would do it but the 'eventually' on that second part should be 6 months from now at the earliest. Their new Valor system is half-assed at best with what they have planned for U20. They need to get a long way beyond 'Turbine done' before they remove tokens of the twelve options.
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2013 at 8:27pm by Darkrok »  

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #119 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:
They really need valor comms to be BTA.

They really need to make valor comms available in old content, preferably dropping in place of tokens of the twelve when they do eventually remove tokens of the twelve.

That would do it but the 'eventually' on that second part should be 6 months from now at the earliest. Their new Valor system is half-assed at best with what they have planned for U20. They need to get a long way beyond 'Turbine done' before they remove tokens of the twelve options.

On the BTA/BTC issue I like my feedback..

Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo  View Post
Turbine has a design goal?

First notice, they are good at hiding it indeed.

No they are not, their goal is BLATANTLY obvious.

Turbine makes their money by logins. The more you login over time, the more they get funded. TRing quickly highly reduces the number of logins you do per life, so in order to offset that they have to monetize TRing more directly. Therefore they make the process more drawn out if you are TRing for free. Forcing you to get BtC items that are only available after hitting 20 will make it so that if you want to do it right at 20, you have to pay. So either way, they win - TR at 20, you paid TP. TR at 23 or 24 after running sagas, they win because of the extra logins.

This is a purely greed-driven decision and if they make the comms BTA instead of BTC I would be immensely astonished. I am calling you out, Turbine. Prove me wrong.

Posted here before it getting eaten by the cube...
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2013 at 8:45pm by Selee »  

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #120 - Oct 22nd, 2013 at 4:22pm
Print Post  

^This.

Why do you even consider a workaround a valid response to someone's comment that it's a design fail?

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #121 - Oct 22nd, 2013 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
FakeStrake wrote on Oct 22nd, 2013 at 4:22pm:
Why do you even consider a workaround a valid response to someone's comment that it's a design fail?

According to the TOS and EULA, that would be an exploit by definition.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint