Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) New method for getting True Hearts (Read 32060 times)
Quak
Dragon Raider

Re: New method for getting True Hearts
Reply #75 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 4:59am
Print Post  
you gotta b shitting me... they can fuck off with they bullshit changes. what the fuck is wrong with them? like i get they wanna make sagas more attractive and all that... but remove the old token for heart system? additional ways of aquiring hearts r nice but make it the only way? and then 17 comms when u need at least 900? like they give all the fucking (almost useless named) loot basically for free as end rewards but then u gotta run these shit quests over and over again to finally get ur fucking tr heart?

thanks god i have a bunch of tokens in my bags (haha at the bag update). ill just make enough hearts to b able to tr into the classes that have useful past-lives (not like there are many left) and since completionist is useless too, i wont goal for that as well.

well done, turdbine. you successfully downgraded ur game once again. now pls hire a bunch of braindead devs to make more retarded game destroying updates to successfully make more ppl leave to play other games. fucktards ... -.-"

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 5:04am
Print Post  
aDifferentHandle wrote on Oct 19th, 2013 at 4:30am:
While this might lead to increased sales in Hearts, it also might lead to decreased total TR numbers.

Turbine does not understand that volume is where the money's made. Five Guys has a better and more profitable burger but McDonald's makes more money in the larger picture off of a much cheaper burger. Most people in to fast food eat at a shitty chain like McDonald's every day where as a 5 Guys Burger is a once every two weeks or so stop that works out to much more revenue. If Turbine had a clue they would find that sweet spot where they could sell a ton of hearts at a price where people chose to spend it over grinding it for free. Turbine sucks at Money > Time pricing which ultimately means less profit. Instead there idea of making money is dressing up a $2 Truck Stop whore in her Sunday's Best and shoving her into the TP store at skyhigh prices. It's hysterical that they somehow think a F2P game will generate top dollar transactions but perhaps that's why they keep trying to force us down this road with ridiculous money grabs like this. I mean seriously did we all forget about Astral Shardpalooza with chest rerolls and spend your shards for automatic success random encounters in the shitty expansion already? At this point I am just amazed that this game ain't added a feed me a quarter a minute Gauntlet style app yet.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2013 at 5:07am by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #77 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 5:26am
Print Post  
It will lead to a decreased number of players...

If you have to farm sagas for a month before you can TR again, people will just leave the game.

Remember : The Endgame is dead, the only endgame left right now is TRing.

They are killing that with the move and the prices shown, so basically they are killing the only endgame left. Once people reach endgame, they will get bored and go look for something else to do.
( that's what happened to me in SWTOR... Once I levelled 2 toons to 50 I was left with nothing much to do, so got bored pretty quickly and went back to DDO full time )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Spybot
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #78 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 6:08am
Print Post  
Oh, dude, give them credit for least one thing, they can only understand so much at given point, and not even that one to full extent.
They know how they'll make money. While all of their code and other calculations, anything game related, actual gameplay wise are wrong, poorly compiled and bug-ridden, am sure their economical ones are to the fifth decimal straight.
Just looking where the game's been going, they're putting more funds in economical management then actual development.

Was wrong in calling certain board members of official forums a sheep when they expressed such willingness to be exploited and so blatantly insulted by Turdbine representatives.
This was in one of the many topics that have risen after the duplication glitch and has been censored, disassembled and merged with all of the others mentioned.
Calling them sheep is an insult to those cushty, wooly creatures. Sheep will slap you a backwards mae geri right in the fucking melon if you milk 'em every damn day and they don't get to see a trace of green pastures not even once every few months.
Turdbine sold all their land long time ago, they've built better accommodations since, least according to them. Those "penthouses" are reserved for all the vocal vigilant fanbois of theirs.
Penthouses my shiny tush, more like fucking pens, and they're shrinking them with each "update" they do.
The way they're building and revolving new systems based on the possible income and $$ potential, not the playing or replaying value and enjoyment one.
Not intuitive systems based on the connections to already existing ones, establishing an ounce of so much needed consistency, rather ones with only one connection, redirection to the store. It all just smells, let's get done with this game, make as much dinero as possible while autodestruct sequence that's been initiated couple of years ago hasn't counted to 1 yet.

IP Logged

Hmpf
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 6:50am
Print Post  
Quote:
NEW: Bags are no longer allowed in Guild Chests.

sooooo
how does this stuff (yet) work?
since its going to get fixed there's no need to hide
tell us!
WE DEMAND!

IP Logged

Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

Reply #80 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 6:59am
Print Post  
Well reading even on the official forums, one can infer

put in bag
put bag in chest

pretty much that simple.

Yes it appears you can transfer BTC / BTA things this way.

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

Hmpf
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #81 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 7:35am
Print Post  
that i understood
but neither of my simple bags fit, nor did gargantuan
some special type of bag required?

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #82 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Found this picture of Glin.  I think it explains why something like this got rubber stamped.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #83 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 10:30am
Print Post  

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Looks like a decent plan, first they kill the endgame by increasing the max level too fast compared to the development of new endgame quests/raids. This causes a high increase in TRs and now they are changing the system that you can only go on with TRing that much if you pay money or farm sagas until you are 28 and could uses an epic TR heart too...

Either cashgrab or a very bad design idea to get a new endgame...

On top they make it possible to exploit if you pay them money. Nothing else can be said about the plans that a TR into an icon still forces you to take the first level in a specific class but a LR makes i possible to bypass this restriction and LRs ddo store only items, unless you are very lucky.

So release notes for U20 read like a very big cash grab update...

And the saga stuff would be only half as bad if they had meaningfull sagas, but most of them are just some random quests put together. This can't be called Saga...

IP Logged

Dragonfly
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #85 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Well, someone's finally checking the forums.  Tons of threads just mysteriously moved.

When even that jackass Hendrick disagrees with a change....what a shit storm.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #86 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Oct 19th, 2013 at 10:30am:
Found this picture of Glin.  I think it explains why something like this got rubber stamped.

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y440/Vaultpics/71cab68b-68ee-4316-b0d0-cdbcd...

That looks like Fеrnando with the Groucho Marx stuff photoshopped in.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #87 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 11:11am
Print Post  
and just when I think I couldn't be surprised anymore by the amount of stupid in DDO's dev team they pull a new idea out of their arses

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #88 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Entirely predictable. By the middle of next week, Turbine will announce that those were indeed placeholder values, and your input is appreciated and valued. A heroic heart will end up requiring around five EH sagas runs (so 50-80 quests or more). It will likely work out to a 2-5 times increase in effort compared to the most efficient farming you can do today.

Fanboys like Asheras will breathe a huge sigh of relief, and proclaim to the world how benevolent Turbine is, and how happy they are to be getting reamed in the ass with a 4" drill bit instead of a 6" rusty pipe.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #89 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 19th, 2013 at 11:13am:
Entirely predictable. By the middle of next week, Turbine will announce that those were indeed placeholder values, and your input is appreciated and valued. A heroic heart will end up requiring around five EH sagas runs (so 50-80 quests or more). It will likely work out to a 2-5 times increase in effort compared to the most efficient farming you can do today.

Fanboys like Asheras will breathe a huge sigh of relief, and proclaim to the world how benevolent Turbine is, and how happy they are to be getting reamed in the ass with a 4" drill bit instead of a 6" rusty pipe.

This is what is going on and I'm fucking tired of it.  If the process of earning a heroic heart grants enough xp to take me most of the way to 28 then I just won't bother.

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #90 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Oh for fuck's sake:

maddmatt70: Quote:
I disagree I think separating players artificially is a bad concept like the current system which has players that only level to 20 and other players that play to level 28 lacks any sense. The goal here is to get people to level to cap and then tr instead of level to 20 and tr again. I also think getting players to play a variety of quests instead of just farming one or two is going to retain more players in the end. Variety makes life mroe interesting. Obviously the devs need to add more sagas not just the Gianhtold and Faerun sagas. I am thinking a house saga which is House K, House D, and House P is one they should add.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #91 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Oct 19th, 2013 at 11:08am:
That looks like Fеrnando with the Groucho Marx stuff photoshopped in.

Yes.  Obviously I don't mean to imply Glin is actually fernando in disguise.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Spybot
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #92 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Slug wrote on Oct 19th, 2013 at 11:34am:
Oh for fuck's sake:

maddmatt70: rambling

Bah, don't even sweat it reading what that pisshead has to say.
If that was the case, and they didn't want this separation in the first place, why introduce ED's and epic level concept instead of a continuation of standard D&D class lvl's along with enhancements.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #93 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
I'm surprised they even keep TR at 20th lvl.  Just lose that and everyone has to cap out before they can TR.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #94 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
raybob wrote on Oct 19th, 2013 at 1:11pm:
I'm surprised they even keep TR at 20th lvl.  Just lose that and everyone has to cap out before they can TR.  Roll Eyes

No matter how stupid they are even they should realize that it would be a coup de grāce for the game to kill TR@20

IP Logged

Quak
Dragon Raider

Reply #95 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
i wonder if turbine knew what kind of drama they were starting on a friday evening?!

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #96 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Quak wrote on Oct 19th, 2013 at 2:54pm:
i wonder if turbine knew what kind of drama they were starting on a friday evening?!

knowing that some of their employees go to the forum as a source of cheap laughs I wouldn't put it past them that this was deliberate.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #97 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Quote:
No matter how stupid they are even they should realize that it would be a coup de grāce for the game to kill TR@20

By keeping hTR at 20 they can establish two markets for the Hearts of Wood. The True at 20 and the Epic at 28 (or 30). Both of which will can be gotten through game play but will be much easier to purchase from the store.

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #98 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Quak wrote on Oct 19th, 2013 at 2:54pm:

You haven't noticed?  This is their new MO.  Drop a nuke on Friday, then see what's still standing on Monday.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #99 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
@producerglin just tweeted . . .

"There is a huge misunderstanding about the number of Sagas needed to earn a HoW. I am hoping we clear that up today."

In other words . . . the angry mob worked.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint