Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Pay2WinMoar (Read 4868 times)
Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Pay2WinMoar
Oct 20th, 2013 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/428374-Epic-and-Heroic-Otto-s-Irresist...

Why is Turdbine so fucking greedy? Can't they make any raids or update that isn't 2 random quests?

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Re: Pay2WinMoar
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2013 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Fun!

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2013 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
It makes perfect sense. Pay to not to play the game you play.

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Oct 20th, 2013 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Is this in store already or coming with the cash grab update (u20) ? Cheesy

I am too lazy to check that myself now.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #4 - Oct 20th, 2013 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
with Cash Grab Update... maybe.

What is in L-Space store is not always what gets released...
Sometime they release more, other time they release less.
I think there's also a few store items that are L-Space Specific.
( as you can get 1K TP a day from Lord Poincelot, and Astral Shards are found lying on the ground in the Dojo, the price is moot )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #5 - Oct 20th, 2013 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
aDifferentHandle wrote on Oct 20th, 2013 at 5:16pm:
Fun!

it's been a week or two since chai had something to really bitch about.  now he can ramp himself up again.  I predicted... blah blah barf
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2013 at 6:17pm by Yobai »  

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Oct 20th, 2013 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Oct 20th, 2013 at 6:12pm:
with Cash Grab Update... maybe.

What is in L-Space store is not always what gets released...
Sometime they release more, other time they release less.
I think there's also a few store items that are L-Space Specific.
( as you can get 1K TP a day from Lord Poincelot, and Astral Shards are found lying on the ground in the Dojo, the price is moot )

2k TP a day and where are the astral shards?

Saal Smiley

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

dilnu
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Oct 20th, 2013 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Winning

IP Logged

GimpyPaw
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Oct 20th, 2013 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
My favorite quote from that thread:

"Now, an hour or so into your character's life you're 235k from cap on a legend build with 2 destinies capped without having set foot in either a quest or wilderness area."

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #9 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 1:48am
Print Post  
I like the idea that you could use the otto's XP stone whenever you want and it grants the 2 million.  Some might prefer to level to 11 or so and then stone to cap.  Some might want to stone up first thing and then run 18 and 19 to get to cap.  You can even change it up for some variation.

I don't like that you can now use two per life.  One in epic and one in heroic.  To my thinking, you should only be able to use one stone per life.  Heroic or Epic.  But, whatever.  If someone wants to spend $100 per life to skip 4 million (plus bonuses) XP, it's their money.  If the money goes to fund the game, that means the game will be around longer.  It doesn't bother me at all.  If someone wants to buy boxes and trade them for EE gear that I've ground out, I"ll use them to skip 4 million (plus bonuses) XP per life and not feel bad about it.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #10 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 1:52am
Print Post  
GimpyPaw wrote on Oct 20th, 2013 at 11:46pm:
My favorite quote from that thread:

"Now, an hour or so into your character's life you're 235k from cap on a legend build with 2 destinies capped without having set foot in either a quest or wilderness area."

The above example would cost 5 otto's boxes = $250.   2 Heroic Hearts + 2 Epic Hearts (Assume pricing around a True Heart) = $60. 

I guess if you want to spend over $300 to have a legend toon with 2 capped destines that is 235k XP from heroic cap on that 3rd life, more power to you.  I can think of better ways to spend $300 but it's not that big a deal to me if someone else can't.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #11 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 1:54am
Print Post  
Sham wrote on Oct 20th, 2013 at 4:09pm:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/428374-Epic-and-Heroic-Otto-s-Irresist...

Why is Turdbine so fucking greedy? Can't they make any raids or update that isn't 2 random quests?

BTW, I agree with Sham.  Turbine should focus on giving us more raids and more content.  I don't care about the boxes being there.  I don't rail about P2Win.  But I do rail about them doing anything that isn't creating content.  Make MOAR content.  That's really all anybody wants. 

IP Logged

TDarkchylde
Dragon Raider

It's just a simulation...

Reply #12 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 2:18am
Print Post  
The boxes are a nonfactor. You don't have to use one to get to either 20 or cap. If someone wants to blow that kind of money to shave off half a run, good for them.

Hell, if I had the cash, I'd do that to skip the tough parts of any Barb lives on my serial-TRing toon.

AIM  
IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 3:54am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 1:48am:
I like the idea that you could use the otto's XP stone whenever you want and it grants the 2 million.  Some might prefer to level to 11 or so and then stone to cap.  Some might want to stone up first thing and then run 18 and 19 to get to cap.  You can even change it up for some variation.

I don't like that you can now use two per life.  One in epic and one in heroic.  To my thinking, you should only be able to use one stone per life.  Heroic or Epic.  But, whatever.  If someone wants to spend $100 per life to skip 4 million (plus bonuses) XP, it's their money.  If the money goes to fund the game, that means the game will be around longer.  It doesn't bother me at all.  If someone wants to buy boxes and trade them for EE gear that I've ground out, I"ll use them to skip 4 million (plus bonuses) XP per life and not feel bad about it.

You mean the 95% of EEs that are now useless thanks to +11 random gen items?

IP Logged

Quak
Dragon Raider

Reply #14 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 4:13am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 1:48am:

Thats the only thing that I like about it and why I might buy one just to cap that one tr that sits at lvl 11 forever cuz i just dont really wanna level her anymore.

I always knew they would bring epic exp stones. i actually thought they would give more exp (2mill exp isnt really much when level 20-30 is prlly something like 8 mill exp). however, i could not be bothered to waste money on that. its quite easy to level if u just flag for all raids and then run them every 3 days.

The good thing is that this is prlly gonna fix all the currently changed heroic xp stones that u can only use on the person that opened the box.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #15 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 8:44am
Print Post  
I might use a couple.  With potion, voice, VIP you go from level 8 to cap roughly on a TR.

However, I'd like to point out: 

Turbine is selling raw XP on the DDO Store now, how desperate are they for money?

I'm saying this from a 'game not doing well at all' perspective.
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2013 at 8:45am by Aeolwind »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #16 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 8:48am
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 8:44am:
I might use a couple.  With potion, voice, VIP you go from level 8 to cap roughly on a TR.

However, I'd like to point out: 

Turbine is selling raw XP on the DDO Store now, how desperate are they for money?

I'm saying this from a 'game not doing well at all' perspective.

Where have you been?  They've been doing it since June, 2012.  This is not news!

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #17 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 8:52am
Print Post  
They weren't selling epic XP. I had to get nice chinese sweatshop boys to grind out my EDs.

This very much simplifies things so now I don't have to surf shady chinese websites anymore.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #18 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 9:01am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 8:52am:
They weren't selling epic XP. I had to get nice chinese sweatshop boys to grind out my EDs.

This very much simplifies things so now I don't have to surf shady chinese websites anymore.

SHR PLZ

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #19 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 8:48am:
Where have you been?  They've been doing it since June, 2012.  This is not news!

They were doing something similar, they sold a widget that allowed you to go from A to B; you had to be 8, at least, to use.  Now you can flat buy 2m at level 1.  BIG difference and effect on game play. 

It is great for long time players, and appears great for new players, but that's the trap.  You'll see a few 'off the buses' in epics now with someone who had an extra 50$ to blow on gaming this month.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #20 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 9:13am:
They were doing something similar, they sold a widget that allowed you to go from A to B; you had to be 8, at least, to use.  Now you can flat buy 2m at level 1.  BIG difference and effect on game play. 

It is great for long time players, and appears great for new players, but that's the trap.  You'll see a few 'off the buses' in epics now with someone who had an extra 50$ to blow on gaming this month.

My point is, they've been selling 2 million heroic XP for over a year now.  They just locked you in to when you could take it.  They aren't giving you more, just letting  you choose when you want to take it. 

The selling of 2 million epic XP is new.  That I'm not so jazzed on.  For some reason, I was more OK with them letting you skip heroics.  Who gives a fuck about heroic levels?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #21 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Oh, side note, I haven't tested, but I suspect these new Otto Stone will not be impacted by Tomes of Learning or the XP Pots.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #22 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 10:22am:
My point is, they've been selling 2 million heroic XP for over a year now.  They just locked you in to when you could take it.  They aren't giving you more, just letting  you choose when you want to take it. 

The selling of 2 million epic XP is new.  That I'm not so jazzed on.  For some reason, I was more OK with them letting you skip heroics.  Who gives a fuck about heroic levels?

Heroic levels are honestly far more significant than Epic, simply because the amount of content you blow past.  Some of which is irrelevant now though, so you may be right.

Both are significant because instead of selling levels, they are selling flat experience.  It has 'something' to do with packaging and labels I suppose, but the difference is enough to cause me to go 'Hmmmm'.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #23 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 10:44am:
Tomes of Learning or the XP Pots.

No & Yes.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #24 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 10:44am:
Oh, side note, I haven't tested, but I suspect these new Otto Stone will not be impacted by Tomes of Learning or the XP Pots.

I've tested, xp pots, ship buffs, voice.

got over 3mill xp from a heroic stone.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint