Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) That 2nd +5 tome (Read 23340 times)
Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

That 2nd +5 tome
Oct 29th, 2013 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Hey, so, since mabar is ending in three days anyway (prolle exactly because of this), there is really no reason to hide it:

How the heck can I get the 2nd +5 tome from the mabar trader? I ASSUME that I need one very specific item (which I have). Is that all? Or is there something else thats needed?

If someone would send me a message descrybing how to do it, that would be great.

And yeah, I know hat I will be judged with EXXXXXXTREME PREJUDICE for doing this Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2013 at 11:08am by Vic »  

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Re: That 2nd +5 tome
Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Vic wrote on Oct 29th, 2013 at 11:07am:
Hey, so, since mabar is ending in three days anyway (prolle exactly because of this), there is really no reason to hide it:

How the heck can I get the 2nd +5 tome from the mabar trader? I ASSUME that I need one very specific item (which I have). Is that all? Or is there something else thats needed?

If someone would send me a message descrybing how to do it, that would be great.

And yeah, I know hat I will be judged with EXXXXXXTREME PREJUDICE for doing this Smiley

Tell a wha you've tried so far and we can help you further.

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #2 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 11:17am
Print Post  
*"us what"

Phonr.

IP Logged

Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 11:21am
Print Post  
So far nothing.

Not sure if making it work requires two steps (and in fact two diferent items, one of which is unique), or if it uses one the unique item, or if it works with non-unique but hard as hell to get item as well.

Ok, I am pissed of talking in riddles. Can anyone gimme a hand here?

Zombies, you keep your distance.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #4 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 11:31am
Print Post  
did you TR? LR?

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #5 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 11:35am
Print Post  
Setting a flag to not reset on TR is almost as hard as making level 1 characters incapable of using twists of fate and level 28 gear.

I've heard that EXTREME PREJUDICE™ involves deleting the character if you use the second tome, as there's no one at Τurbine that is capable of removing a tome bonus once it's been applied. You can always just undelete it, though.
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2013 at 11:36am by Dickbutt »  

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #6 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Vic wrote on Oct 29th, 2013 at 11:21am:
So far nothing.

Not sure if making it work requires two steps (and in fact two diferent items, one of which is unique), or if it uses one the unique item, or if it works with non-unique but hard as hell to get item as well.

Ok, I am pissed of talking in riddles. Can anyone gimme a hand here?

Zombies, you keep your distance.

Jeebus, can you stop talking in fking riddles? You're in the Vault here, not Toledo's fking Official ground!

There are three approaches to this problem so far, afaik:

1. Use 6 signets and buy 2 tomes in a row while the same barter window is open.

- I can't try this, I already used 3 signets to buy 1 tome.

2. Buy 1 tome (but don't use it yet, just in case), TR, then try if you can buy a 2nd tome.

- I will try this tomorrow if there are no other reports till then

3. Use an LR, maybe free LR20.

- This sounds to be too easy to be true, I'm sure reports would've surfaced long ago if it was that easy

4. ??? - well I have no access to the board's fire caves, but there might be other secret solutions, if so please remember:

"Sharing is caring!"  Tongue

« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2013 at 11:36am by DDOcrackhead »  

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 11:38am
Print Post  
I did TRed since the Shadowell, if that plays any role in it (assuming not). I havent TRed/LRed since Mabar started and learned about the thing wih the second book just yesterday.
The fact that second book may be possible after TR did crossed my mind previously, but hey.
So, what Am I supped to do? LR with +20? Or do I have to TR, or TR and then (+20)LR?
I could use another +5 tome, but dont wanna blew it. I know the trick is there, just not sure how exactly.

IP Logged

Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 11:41am
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Oct 29th, 2013 at 11:36am:
Jeebus, can you stop talking in fking riddles? You're in the Vault here, not Toledo's fking Official ground!

There are three approaches to this problem so far, afaik:

1. Use 6 signets and buy 2 tomes in a row while the same barter window is open.

- I can't try this, I already used 3 signets to buy 1 tome.

2. Buy 1 tome (but don't use it yet, just in case), TR, then try if you can buy a 2nd tome.

- I will try this tomorrow if there are no other reports till then

3. Use an LR, maybe free LR20.

- This sounds to be too easy to be true, I'm sure reports would've surfaced long ago if it was that easy

4. ??? - well I have no access to the board's fire caves, but there might be other secret solutions, if so please remember:

"Sharing is caring!"  Tongue

1. Fuck, too late.

2. Fuck, too late.

3. Yeah, I wonder if that works.

4. Yeah, this. /signed

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #9 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Vic wrote on Oct 29th, 2013 at 11:38am:
I did TRed since the Shadowell, if that plays any role in it (assuming not). I havent TRed/LRed since Mabar started and learned about the thing wih the second book just yesterday.
The fact that second book may be possible after TR did crossed my mind previously, but hey.
So, what Am I supped to do? LR with +20? Or do I have to TR, or TR and then (+20)LR?
I could use another +5 tome, but dont wanna blew it. I know the trick is there, just not sure how exactly.

Have 6 signets.
Trade for tome.
Barter is gone.
Use LR 20 and check barter window. Report back.
Not work? Do a TR.
Check barter window. Report back.
???
Profit.

IP Logged

Brasidas
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 11:56am
Print Post  
FakeStrake wrote on Oct 29th, 2013 at 11:43am:
Have 6 signets.
Trade for tome.
Barter is gone.
Use LR 20 and check barter window. Report back.
Not work? Do a TR.
Check barter window. Report back.
???
Profit.

Wow a well reasoned, scientific, sequence of options.   Shocked

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #11 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
If this is really the reason they're shutting Mabar down... Sigh.

In the grand scheme of things, is it really going to hurt them if "a few" players on each server manage to grab more than 1 +5? (Or even 5? who really cares?)

Don't get me wrong, I have no trouble at all believing this is EXACTLY why they're doing it (otherwise, why on a Thursday instead of the weekend?) but it just seems like they're throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Again.

I know a lot of people absolutely hate Mabar, but I've always had fun with it, at least when it's not laglocked. I don't even need anything out of it anymore, I just enjoy the "free-for-all" raiding aspect of it. (Yeah, I'm masochistic that way...)

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #12 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
pnellesen wrote on Oct 29th, 2013 at 12:55pm:

In the grand scheme of things, is it really going to hurt them if "a few" players on each server manage to grab more than 1 +5? (Or even 5? who really cares?)

Ye$, $tore $ale$

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #13 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
pnellesen wrote on Oct 29th, 2013 at 12:55pm:

Don't get me wrong, I have no trouble at all believing this is EXACTLY why they're doing it (otherwise, why on a Thursday instead of the weekend?) but it just seems like they're throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Again.

I know a lot of people absolutely hate Mabar, but I've always had fun with it, at least when it's not laglocked. I don't even need anything out of it anymore, I just enjoy the "free-for-all" raiding aspect of it. (Yeah, I'm masochistic that way...)

I doubt this is the main reason.  I think it's just that this event is so bad and fully underscores everything they do wrong.  It's a horribly designed event, even if it was executed properly, which it obviously isn't.

Dying from lag is rage-inducing at the best of times.  During a limited-time event, when exclusive goodies are on the line?  It's throw-the-monitor-out-the-window-rage-inducing.  And then to have it happen over, and over, and over again, and then realize they've had the same problems since the event was introduced...

There was a post on the regular forums yesterday from a founder (Feb 2006).  It was his 1st post ever.  Seven years of Turbine's BS and this - THIS - is the event that finally made that person enraged enough to post.  That speaks volumes.

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
if there is any exploit that would be the cause for the early closure then Turbine is really dumb beyond infinity that they didn't close it already.

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
If it was really an exploit, it'd be closed already.

It's more likely memory leaks in the server mean that crashes are imminent or the poor performance overall means there's reason to take it offline before schedule - it's bad but not fatal.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #16 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Oct 29th, 2013 at 2:01pm:
There was a post on the regular forums yesterday from a founder (Feb 2006).  It was his 1st post ever.  Seven years of Turbine's BS and this - THIS - is the event that finally made that person enraged enough to post.  That speaks volumes.

My sign-up date was Feb. 14th, 2006.

Hmmmmmm...

Wink

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #17 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Since I am suspended and cannot login I am unable to verify this but I've received reports (from well regarded and trustworthy sources who shall remain unnamed) that a TR will in fact allow you to purchase a second +5 tome. The thread on the main forums specifically states that they checked it on Lamannia, which means it's fixed for U20.  Fortunately for all of you un-banned peoples, we're still in U19.

Go nuts.

IP Logged

VaultMonkey
Korthos Resident

So DDO invited me to a
pool party...

Reply #18 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Uhh, so someone mentioned there was a way to use lvl 28 gear on a lvl 1 toon?  I am going to TR soon, and if this is possible that would be helpful to know.

IP Logged

Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

Reply #19 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
ROFL just grab the gear from shared bank and drop in onto your cutout  (not the inventory slot the space where you would enable helmet display etc)

bingo bango it's equipped.  they don't seem to want to fix this but I understand in the Lamm build it hits you with perma chains to slow you until you unequip.

It appears this also breaks hirelings at this point so they will probably sort that out and then this is will something you can't have soon.

Get it while you can!
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2013 at 3:25pm by Groo The Wanderer »  

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Oct 29th, 2013 at 2:01pm:
I doubt this is the main reason.  I think it's just that this event is so bad and fully underscores everything they do wrong.  It's a horribly designed event, even if it was executed properly, which it obviously isn't.

Dying from lag is rage-inducing at the best of times.  During a limited-time event, when exclusive goodies are on the line?  It's throw-the-monitor-out-the-window-rage-inducing.  And then to have it happen over, and over, and over again, and then realize they've had the same problems since the event was introduced...

This, combined with the fucking boredom supreme wait for the doors to open.  It isn't even worth running around in deleras the mobs don't drop jack or shit.  It sucks even if you are lucky enough to get a sigil, and then to have most runs lag fail.  To me Mabar represents everything that is fucked in the game now, turbine is so clueless.  T

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Oct 29th, 2013 at 2:46pm:
My sign-up date was Feb. 14th, 2006.

Hmmmmmm...

Wink

Uh.. I'm pretty sure your boobies was either Feb 14th or Feb 15...  Tongue

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
VaultMonkey wrote on Oct 29th, 2013 at 2:57pm:
Uhh, so someone mentioned there was a way to use lvl 28 gear on a lvl 1 toon?  I am going to TR soon, and if this is possible that would be helpful to know.

I posted it on the main forums and it was cached by google you mush brained idiot.  Take your cock out of your hand and run a web search.
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2013 at 6:19pm by »  

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #23 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
You fit in around here like the shocker on a prom date Charon.  Nicely done.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #24 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on Oct 29th, 2013 at 3:23pm:
ROFL just grab the gear from shared bank and drop in onto your cutout  (not the inventory slot the space where you would enable helmet display etc)

bingo bango it's equipped.  they don't seem to want to fix this but I understand in the Lamm build it hits you with perma chains to slow you until you unequip.

It appears this also breaks hirelings at this point so they will probably sort that out and then this is will something you can't have soon.

Get it while you can!

Doesn't do anything for me.  does the ML have to be higher than 26 or just any ML will work.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint