Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic SO MUCH WIN (Read 11709 times)
Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Re: SO MUCH WIN
Reply #25 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 6:09am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Nov 6th, 2013 at 3:23pm:

Hah, yes  Smiley  I've always liked the original strip...  it always comes to mind when dealing with representatives from government agencies, for some reason.

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #26 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 6:19am
Print Post  
Heheh...  By the same author:

Quote:
The Creation of the Game according to the Book of Genasiis:
                                                                          (King Rowan authorized version)

1.  In the beginning Turbine created the server and the network. (I know.  I've been around a while.  Go with it.)

2.  And the server was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the source of the code. And the Spirit of Turbine moved upon the source of the code.

3.  And Turbine said, Let there be ghostbane: and there was ghostbane.

4.  And Turbine saw the ghostbane, that it was good: and Turbine divided the ghostbane from the riposte.

5.  And Turbine called the ghostbane Loot, and the riposte they called All The Other Loot. And the evening and the morning were the first update.

6.  And Turbine said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the code, and let it divide the Eberron from the Faerun.

7.  And Turbine made the firmament, and divided the code which was under the firmament from the code which was above the firmament: and it was so.

8.  And Turbine called the firmament The Rift Between The Worlds. And the evening and the morning were the second update.

9.  And Turbine said, Let the waters under the Harbor be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

10.  And Turbine called the dry land Stormreach where it was Eberron; and called they the dry land Eveningstar where it was Faerun; and the gathering together of the players called they Instances: and Turbine saw that it was good.

11.  And Turbine said, Let the chest bring forth loot, the bags yielding collectibles, and the end list yielding rewards after his quest, whose objective is in itself, upon the dungeon: and it was so.

12.  And the chest brought forth loot, and bags yielding collectibles after their kind, and the end list yielding rewards, whose objectives were in themselves, after their kind: and Turbine saw that it was good.

13.  And the evening and the morning were the third update.

14.  And Turbine said, Let there be two games in the source of the code to divide the Heroic from the Epic; and let them be for balance, and for ghostbane, and for riposte, and arbitrary division of the player base:

15.  And let them be for experience curves in the source of the code to give experience upon the players: and it was so.

16.  And Turbine made two great curves; the greater curve to rule the Epic, and the lesser curve to rule the Heroic: they made explorer areas also.

17.  And Turbine set them in the source of the code to give experience upon the players,

18.  And to rule over the Epic and over the Heroic, and to divide the Heroic from the Epic: and Turbine saw that it was good.

19.  And the evening and the morning were the fourth update.

20.  And Turbine said, Let the loot tables bring forth abundantly the weapon that hath ghostbane, and riposte and rapid strikes that may suffix upon the weapons to break the monotony somewhat.

21.  And Turbine created greatswords, and every weapon that swingeth with ghostbane, which the loot tables brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every riposte weapon after his kind: and Turbine saw that it was good.

22.  And Turbine blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the inventories of the players, and let ghostbane multiply in the loot.

23.  And the evening and the morning were the fifth update.

24.  And Turbine said, Let the loot bring forth the non-stacking affixes after their kind: keen, and impact, and rapid strikes after their kind: and it was so.

25.  And Turbine made the ghostbane of the weapon after his kind, and riposte weapons after their kind, and every weapon that swingeth upon the animation after his kind: and Turbine saw that it was good.

26.  And Turbine said, Let us make players in our image, after our likeness: and let them have no dominion over the ghostbane, nor over the riposte, nor over the rapid strikes, nor over all the grind, nor over any rare thing that droppeth not therein the quests.

27.  So Turbine created players in their own image, in the image of Turbine created they them; male and female created they them.

28.  And Turbine blessed them, and Turbine said unto them, Be tedious, and grindy, and replenish the shards, and purchase them: and have no dominion over the exploit of the bank, nor exploit the renown of the saga completion, nor over any interesting thing that still moveth thee to log in, lest our prejudice extremely be.

29.  And Turbine said, Behold, we have given you ghostbane, which is upon the face of all the weapons, and deathblock to every armor, in which is the loot thou shalt pull; to you it shall be your inventory.

30.  And to every weapon of the on-hand, and to every weapon of the off-hand, and to every armor that slotteth upon the torso, wherein there is loot, I have given every slot for ghostbane: and it was so.

31.  And Turbine saw every thing that they had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth update.

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #27 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 6:36am
Print Post  
[some shit] wrote on Nov 7th, 2013 at 5:41am:
Rumour has it we'll get +10's by christmas 2014, if Turbine is still managing to leach money off people.

With a level cap of 30 and the current level progression of tome tiers (3,7,11,15,19), it doesn't make much sense to introduce tomes which have a higher value than +7. But then, the level progression could be broken to make more monies.

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

Wyni
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 9:27am
Print Post  
aDifferentHandle wrote on Nov 7th, 2013 at 6:36am:
With a level cap of 30 and the current level progression of tome tiers (3,7,11,15,19), it doesn't make much sense to introduce tomes which have a higher value than +7. But then, the level progression could be broken to make more monies.

I guess when they finally do that, we'll know the  game is on its last legs.

IP Logged

Aberrant
Korthos Resident

Play Dumb.

Reply #29 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 11:21am
Print Post  

Khybered
- May the ghostbane be with you.

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer