Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Been awhile since I've tried to level this quickly (Read 13047 times)
Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Been awhile since I've tried to level this quickly
Nov 7th, 2013 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Thinking about taking a day off next Monday to attempt to go from 1-8 so I can box before U20. I'm due for a day off anyways and it seems like as good a time and reason as any. Smiley

I don't normally go for those super-fast TR's though so my question is whether 1-8 in six to eight hours of game time running a 30% xp pot and 10% vip bonus (and not exploiting) is a reasonable thing to do. It's going to be a WF'd Sorc life btw so it doesn't get much easier than that. Wink

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Re: Been awhile since I've tried to level this quickly
Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Nov 7th, 2013 at 1:07pm:
Thinking about taking a day off next Monday to attempt to go from 1-8 so I can box before U20. I'm due for a day off anyways and it seems like as good a time and reason as any. Smiley

I don't normally go for those super-fast TR's though so my question is whether 1-8 in six to eight hours of game time running a 30% xp pot and 10% vip bonus (and not exploiting) is a reasonable thing to do. It's going to be a WF'd Sorc life btw so it doesn't get much easier than that. Wink

What's the point to log in the game if you are not going to exploit? Why? What about fire caves ppl?

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Grumlee
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
yes it is, i got form 1-5 in less than 3 hours with mild exploiting and no farming, and from 5-8 in another 5. that was with vip and a 20% pot.

IP Logged

Caine199
Korthos Resident

Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
That seems plausible.

I have an interesting issue now where toon sitting at 3.9M xp...do I try to get to 20 and TR before Tuesday?  I hate playing this character as I screwed up my feats and spell selection while drunk....used a stone on a Sorc.

IP Logged

Legato
Titan Demolisher

I fart in your general
direction!

Reply #4 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
I'm using no exploits, no pots, just the tome of learning and doing everything elite 1st time on a 3rd lifer, and already got to lvl 5 playing only 1-2 hours per day, for 2 days... So far it's been super easy... I think things get harder later, but we'll see...

Also have to take into consideration im doing a monk this life, I remember it was harder playing quests on hard on my 2nd life fvs...

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #5 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Legato wrote on Nov 7th, 2013 at 1:30pm:
I'm using no exploits, no pots, just the tome of learning and doing everything elite 1st time on a 3rd lifer, and already got to lvl 5 playing only 1-2 hours per day, for 2 days... So far it's been super easy... I think things get harder later, but we'll see...

Also have to take into consideration im doing a monk this life, I remember it was harder playing quests on hard on my 2nd life fvs...

fvs is kinda hard to lvl till lvl 12 then... BB them all to win!
melee is easier to play at lower lvls.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
So it sounds plausible but what I really need to do is both take off Monday and get a head start before then. Just 220k to go to cap right now.  Roll Eyes

If they'd announced this earlier I would have just spent my time capping ED's on another toon and enjoyed the insta-20 I had set up on this toon a couple days ago. Oh well, I'm determined to exploit the situation of the xp charts changing even if I'm not willing to exploit game mechanics...so stone before Tuesday it is! At least as long as my boss goes along with my plan.  Grin

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #7 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
I've been serial TR'ing for the last 5 months.  The 1-8 run can be done in 6 hours with a 30% pot on and the 10% VIP and the 5% XP shrine from boat (voice when you get to level 5).  You  want to invest in 1 50% pot for when you use the box.  I usually will drink it when I hit level 7 to speed up the finish. 

It's silly easy.  Just run the first 4 Korthos village quests, all the harbor level 2's for BB, WW, STK, Catacombs, Tangleroot, Bloody Crypt, Tear, Gwylans, and Deleras 1 and 2.  The only quest I ever repeat is Ringleader on H and N.  The rest, just a BB run does it. 

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #8 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Nov 7th, 2013 at 1:44pm:
fvs is kinda hard to lvl till lvl 12 then... BB them all to win!
melee is easier to play at lower lvls.

An FvS is no different than any other melee toon at low levels.  You just use mana to heal instead of cocoon.

Honestly, with a stack of BB cookies and some primal screaming, all toons level the same at low levels anyways.  The only difference is if you have sprint boost or monk/barb for natural speed advantage.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 7th, 2013 at 1:53pm:
I've been serial TR'ing for the last 5 months.  The 1-8 run can be done in 6 hours with a 30% pot on and the 10% VIP and the 5% XP shrine from boat (voice when you get to level 5).  You  want to invest in 1 50% pot for when you use the box.  I usually will drink it when I hit level 7 to speed up the finish. 

It's silly easy.  Just run the first 4 Korthos village quests, all the harbor level 2's for BB, WW, STK, Catacombs, Tangleroot, Bloody Crypt, Tear, Gwylans, and Deleras 1 and 2.  The only quest I ever repeat is Ringleader on H and N.  The rest, just a BB run does it. 

Yeah, when you start stacking greater tome of learning + vip + 30% pot + full elite streak bb you get some crazy numbers. Smiley

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 7th, 2013 at 1:55pm:
An FvS is no different than any other melee toon at low levels.  You just use mana to heal instead of cocoon.

Honestly, with a stack of BB cookies and some primal screaming, all toons level the same at low levels anyways.  The only difference is if you have sprint boost or monk/barb for natural speed advantage.

Last time I did an evoker build for a tr,  I had a druid past life so I took the flame blade feat till 12 then swaped it for the wiz feat.  wis to hit and damage made it super easy if not as fast as some more melee focused toons.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #11 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 7th, 2013 at 1:55pm:

Cocoon? Primal scream? @ lvl 1? OMG what you are talking about?

Dear players,

Love,

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
I was going to go WF'd sorc but now I'm questioning that...I only have to hit 8 and then I'm done with the life...might be easier to max-str and just do something that gets PA & Clv at level 1, Human DMark as soon as possible, and a sprint boost as well. Cure serious pots take care of almost anything at level 7 anyways. Then again, the SLA's are so good now and SP's so plentiful on a sorc w/ TR gear that I can probably burn through without cleaves from level 1 on. Acid or Fire spec either one would tear up 1-7.

IP Logged

Laraeph
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #13 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 7th, 2013 at 1:53pm:

I use a slightly different path to 8, because I have dualbox sorcs at lvl 4 and 8 to make it even faster, but yeah it's very easy. I'm still farming quests instead of running multiples, because it's faster that way when dualboxing.
Info is key, Durk's got a secret, Stealthy Repossession, Kobold new ringleader, WW, Tangleroot pt 6, Bloody crypt, Shadow crypt.

Of course that quest order only works if you're using an otto's stone as soon as you get to 8.

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Not using an Otto's box, so just trying to get to 12 before Tuesday myself as this is where the old and new xp start to normalize.  Currently at 8, but holding 7 so I can do carnival chain and Deleras before leveling.  Yes, I know I'm slow TRing, but since I am one and done on most quests, trying to milk as much xp per quest as I can.

Saal Smiley

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #15 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Inventory management is what may eat into your time reaching 8

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
FakeStrake wrote on Nov 7th, 2013 at 3:11pm:
Inventory management is what may eat into your time reaching 8

That's always a pain...I'll probably just say to heck with items other than weapons and VotM though - that saves time. Tongue

One thought I had in prep'ing for this...there's no issues with using a +20 heart and then immediately TR'ing are there? I'd really like to switch to Sorc from my current life I'm running as I want to finish up my 3 sorc pl's by Tuesday (already have one done) so I can get into the lives I really want to play on this toon - the 3 divine classes.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #17 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
I had it down to 4-5hours on a 50% pot from 1-20 using stones.
Some openers, (shadowcrypt, bloody crypt, delara's 4) and a 4man party helped a lot.

What helped more was having:
lvlpplenmo quickly (level 7wf wiz)
levelpplenmo quickly (level 8wf sorc)
carrymunkenmo causeheslazy (level 9wf sorc)
zergenmo killnotrash (level 16/2 fvs/barb)
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2013 at 3:23pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #18 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Nov 7th, 2013 at 3:22pm:
there's no issues with using a +20 heart and then immediately TR'ing are there?

LR'ing doesn't reset the TR timer anymore.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #19 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 3:27pm
Print Post  

I think they just announced a 20% bonus as well...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #20 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 3:30pm
Print Post  

considering i just did a third life lvl 1 to 20, and a second life 1 to 17 in about... 2 days (most of which was standing around looking for gear for more trs xD)... im sure you can do 1 to 8 in a few hours.. xD

IP Logged

DiddleDoo
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
You can level from 1-8 in .593220302323 hours if you just run Hold for Reinforcements 4000000000000 times before you TR

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #22 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
You'll have no trouble.  Even I can pull off 1-stone in 6 hours' play, although for me that translates into anything up to a week of real time  Wink

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #23 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Laraeph wrote on Nov 7th, 2013 at 2:34pm:
I use a slightly different path to 8, because I have dualbox sorcs at lvl 4 and 8 to make it even faster, but yeah it's very easy. I'm still farming quests instead of running multiples, because it's faster that way when dualboxing.
Info is key, Durk's got a secret, Stealthy Repossession, Kobold new ringleader, WW, Tangleroot pt 6, Bloody crypt, Shadow crypt.

Of course that quest order only works if you're using an otto's stone as soon as you get to 8.

Yeah, If you are stoning and have openers/helpers, it can be even easier.  A level 8 or 9 Wiz/sorc dualbox account that can carry you through 3-4 shadow crypt runs. will make 6 to 8 about 30 minutes.

If you can get the toon to pike at the door and be carried through by a toon 3 levels higher than you then you can run WW at level 1.  Get the whole thing done in 2 1/2 hours.  Maybe 3 tops.  Just need a level 4, Level 7, and level 9 toon to be your workhorse.  At level 4, I'd go Barb with sprint boost, PA, cleave, and a Carniflex.  At level 7 it'd be a wiz.  At Level 9 a sorc (or a wiz). 

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #24 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Nov 7th, 2013 at 3:22pm:
One thought I had in prep'ing for this...there's no issues with using a +20 heart and then immediately TR'ing are there? I'd really like to switch to Sorc from my current life I'm running as I want to finish up my 3 sorc pl's by Tuesday (already have one done) so I can get into the lives I really want to play on this toon - the 3 divine classes.

Yes.
You can use any build (make sure it has at least one sorc to avoid the 4 class LR20 problem)
Hit 20, use LR20 into predominant sorc
Immediately TR.
I've done this, no issues.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint