Poll
Poll closed Question: FoS had Loot plans?
bars   pie
*** This poll has now closed ***

Donuts    
  11 (8.1%)
Why did you make it out the first fire    
  8 (5.9%)
FoS bitches    
  2 (1.5%)
diaf    
  3 (2.2%)
seems good    
  11 (8.1%)
Needs moar ghostbane    
  26 (19.1%)
oh fuck he has more plans in store    
  35 (25.7%)
Make one more fukin poll and Ill kill you    
  22 (16.2%)
wont kill you but your poll privilege needs to be revoked    
  9 (6.6%)
All options not number 1, 3, 5, 6, 7    
  9 (6.6%)

Total votes: 136
« Last Modified by: Rubbinns on: Nov 8th, 2013 at 7:44pm »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) FoS unviels loot plans (Read 17705 times)
Yobai
Epic Poster

Re: FoS unviels loot plans
Reply #25 - Nov 9th, 2013 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Nov 9th, 2013 at 2:23pm:
Feather won't earn any honesty points until he repents for doing shitty work.

Nothing is ever his fault.

couldn't agree more.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Nov 9th, 2013 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
I must admit, I would love to see blurry on some random items at lower levels...and not just crappy trinkets like the dusk heart...but seriously starting to hate ghostbane and riposte, ran six Von 3 last night and seriously all the ghostbane made me want to disappear.  Good thing is the guild is still lvl 98, so could pick the favor item every run... Smiley

Saal Smiley

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

1992fxrs
Waterworks Kobold

Harley parking only

Reply #27 - Nov 9th, 2013 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
"I didn't actually completely fuck up....it was all a cunning plan to piss off the user base and make management take notice.....yeah, right.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Nov 9th, 2013 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Saaluta wrote on Nov 9th, 2013 at 3:01pm:
I must admit, I would love to see blurry on some random items at lower levels...and not just crappy trinkets like the dusk heart...but seriously starting to hate ghostbane and riposte, ran six Von 3 last night and seriously all the ghostbane made me want to disappear.  Good thing is the guild is still lvl 98, so could pick the favor item every run... Smiley

Saal Smiley

Yeah it's only bracers but it makes tr easy especially when you combine it with a source of ghostly later on.

IP Logged

Dhalgren
Big Sexy

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 9:13am
Print Post  
1992fxrs wrote on Nov 9th, 2013 at 3:02pm:
"I didn't actually completely fuck up....it was all a cunning plan to piss off the user base and make management take notice.....yeah, right.

I'm pretty sure management is capable of having caused this through lack of foresight.

I'm not sure FoS is capable of having pre-engineered the drama in this fashion through having great foresight.

I think it was a confluence of a) FoS starting something that couldn't be finished in time, b) time running out, c) shit getting pushed out unfinished due to management timetables, and d) the current backtracking to lay blame.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #30 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Nice, one step closer to me ever playing again. I wonder if they'll ever fix the rest of their fuck ups without enough noise... destines and prestiges for a start.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 11:00am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Nov 10th, 2013 at 9:39am:
Nice, one step closer to me ever playing again. I wonder if they'll ever fix the rest of their fuck ups without enough noise... destines and prestiges for a start.

I hope not,  from the sound of your shitty posts any game where you are not is automatically made better.  You being gone is probably the only thing keeping a mass exodus from happening that would result in ddo closing down the servers.  On second thought,  go back to ddo,  I want to watch it burn.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #32 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Oh you are a one! Such comedy! Really, perhaps you should consider a career in stand up.

My posts may be shitty but amongst most here they at least stand out like solid stools in a sea of diarrhoea.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 11:56am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Nov 10th, 2013 at 11:50am:
Oh you are a one! Such comedy! Really, perhaps you should consider a career in stand up.

My posts may be shitty but amongst most here they at least stand out like solid stools in a sea of diarrhoea.

Holy shit you didn't wait a week or more to respond till everyone had forgotten that you exist.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #34 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Yeah! Maybe I should find some self-inflicted meme to make me "famous" on the Vault, like quitting and rejoining every time I post, so I can feel special.

Or maybe I'm usually doing something better than hitting F5 on here but today I'm idling away the minutes 'til a wonderful dinner rotating round a few forums I like to frequent.

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #35 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Today, I've added the following into our internal development build. This is the build that will eventually become Update 21. Depending on circumstances and approvals, some of this may be able to be pulled into a patch before Update 21.

The Burst prefixes will come back. I've seen a lot of people asking for them. While they're not as powerful as the "Flaming II" you could get instead of Flaming Burst, but they are very close and not everything needs to be exactly equal... it does help to have some variety.
Flaming Burst
Shocking Burst
Icy Burst
Acid Burst

New weapon AoE damage prefixes that can appear on Epic-level loot.
The below list of prefixes appear rarely in addition to one of the normal things you'd get as a prefix on your item. They match roughly in theme- as an example, Tempestuous could come with either Shocking or Shrieking paired with it.
Some of these are old names, but they do new things.
Infernal - 2% Chance On Hit: A blast of flame ignites your target, dealing 4 to 16 damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies.
Meteoric (Can only be found in the highest level treasure) - 2% Chance On Hit: A falling star strikes your target, dealing 3 to 18 Fire Damage and 1 to 6 Bludgeoning Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies. Affected foes must also make a DC (20+Item Level) Reflex Saving Throw or be knocked prone.
Glacial - 2% Chance On Hit: A burst of glacial frost chills your target, dealing 7 to 14 Cold Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies.
Erosive - 2% Chance On Hit: A blast of acid corrodes your target, dealing 3 to 18 Acid Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies.
Tempestuous - 2% Chance On Hit: A bolt of lightning strikes your target, dealing 1 to 20 Electric Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies.
Righteous - 2% Chance On Hit: A blast of holy energy strikes your target, dealing 3 to 12 Good Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby non-good enemies.
Kinetic - 2% Chance On Hit: A burst of magical force strikes your target, dealing 3 to 12 Force Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies.

4 new weapon suffixes: (Bringing the amount of suffixes at each given Enhancement Value to between 12 and 14)
Humanoid Bane (Combination of Human Bane, Elf Bane, Dwarf Bane, Halfling Bane, Orc Bane, Goblinoid Bane, Monstrous Humanoid Bane, Reptillian Humanoid Bane, and Giant Bane.
Natural Bane (Combination of Animal Bane, Vermin Bane, Plant Bane, Magical Beast Bane, and Fey Bane)
Feeding (On Vorpal Hit: Target incurs 1 negative level, you gain Temporary HP)
Draining (On Vorpal Hit: Target incurs 1 negative level, you gain Temporary Spell Points)

This is just a start. There's a lot more I'd like to do.
Armor, shield, and accessories will get new things as well, as will spellcasting weapons.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/430045-Dear-Feather-of-Sun?p=5163337&v...

IP Logged

Wyni
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Slug wrote on Nov 10th, 2013 at 4:00pm:

That is still a drop in the bucket compared to to all the options that were taken away...how is that fucktard still not getting it?  Bring back ALL the MOTU affixes, period!

P.S. No one cares how much you WANT to get done feather, they care about how much ACTUALLY gets done.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Anyone get the impression someones trying to get their neck off the chopping block?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/430146-Weekly-Developer-Update-Novembe...

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #38 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Nov 10th, 2013 at 12:12pm:

Or maybe I'm usually doing something better than hitting F5 on here but today I'm idling away the minutes 'til a wonderful dinner rotating round a few forums I like to frequent.

You are what you eat I hear.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #39 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Nov 10th, 2013 at 11:50am:

Don't you mean a "soea of diarrhoea?"

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #40 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Wyni wrote on Nov 10th, 2013 at 4:11pm:
how is that FoStard still not getting it? 

ftfy

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #41 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 5:37pm
Print Post  

Quote:
Anyone get the impression someones trying to get their neck off the chopping block?

Looks more like lip-to-shaft service for fanbois.  I could be wrong, but he is too conceited to worry.

IP Logged

whothefuckami
Stormreaver Piker

Oppan Gangnam Style

Reply #42 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Why can't I vote for ghostbane donuts?

Troll account, please ignore

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
whothefuckami wrote on Nov 10th, 2013 at 9:20pm:
Why can't I vote for ghostbane donuts?

Manager made me allocate resources last minute.

I attempted to warn them saying it was incomplete but they said fix it later.

So I secretly hoped that by opening enough polls with Ghostbane would lead to a public out cry on the forums. And I hope this lets me keep my job. I'm so fuked! Cant lose pay checks so close to holidays...

And, so I'm drinking ammaretto sours late Friday night in my office getting really drunk off girly drinks because who wants to be fired by Turbine? Really. That'll look swell on my job res.

Maybe If I tell them they'll get a few other really neat augments! And promise to keep updating dev notes!!!!

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
meh what was *wrong* with loot in the first place to justify all this shit?

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #45 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on Nov 10th, 2013 at 11:21pm:
meh what was *wrong* with loot in the first place to justify all this shit?

It wasn't done by FOS.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Nov 10th, 2013 at 11:25pm:
It wasn't done by FOS.

so ego problem?

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Nov 11th, 2013 at 2:58am
Print Post  
Who said

“If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.”

Zaphod-Beeblebrox

or

Feather of the Sun?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #48 - Nov 11th, 2013 at 3:11am
Print Post  
Quote:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/430146-Weekly-Developer-Update-Novembe...

hmm, that's my guess too...

FoS does not communicate with the community unless he has something to gain from it.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #49 - Nov 11th, 2013 at 4:14am
Print Post  
Yeah, this charme offensive is a bit fishy.

No transparency for months and not, all of a sudden daily updates? Maybe we should just be lucky that this is not on a hourly basis on twitter - leaking like the prostate of a 70 year old.
« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2013 at 4:16am by aDifferentHandle »  

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint