Poll
Poll closed Question: FoS had Loot plans?
bars   pie
*** This poll has now closed ***

Donuts    
  11 (8.1%)
Why did you make it out the first fire    
  8 (5.9%)
FoS bitches    
  2 (1.5%)
diaf    
  3 (2.2%)
seems good    
  11 (8.1%)
Needs moar ghostbane    
  26 (19.1%)
oh fuck he has more plans in store    
  35 (25.7%)
Make one more fukin poll and Ill kill you    
  22 (16.2%)
wont kill you but your poll privilege needs to be revoked    
  9 (6.6%)
All options not number 1, 3, 5, 6, 7    
  9 (6.6%)

Total votes: 136
« Last Modified by: Rubbinns on: Nov 8th, 2013 at 7:44pm »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) FoS unviels loot plans (Read 17711 times)
SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: FoS unviels loot plans
Reply #50 - Nov 11th, 2013 at 7:51am
Print Post  
They said months ago already that it's not complete and many of the old effects are going to come back as soon as they are adjusted for the new loot system.

And Turbine doesn't like keeping old game mechanics around until they finished updating to a new system. They prefer to give us half finished stuff and complete it in the next updates (if they feel like doing that).
Same with the cosmetic armor stuff. Doubt there is any logical reason why they delete the old armor kits from store and don't keep them until they are updated to the new cosmetic armor system.

So yeah... sounds reasonable that it wasn't FoS's mistake that we only get another half finished update.
Turbine probably has an internal schedule when each update needs to be finished and go to the live server and which are the major parts of the update. And seems they prefer to give us half finished stuff than delaying their schedule.

But I doubt that he is going to continue the daily update thingy he is trying to do atm for more than 1-2 weeks.

And I don't really care why he is giving us that information now, still better than not getting any information. Smiley

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #51 - Nov 11th, 2013 at 8:34am
Print Post  
SwashbucklerHater wrote on Nov 11th, 2013 at 7:51am:
And Turbine doesn't like keeping old game mechanics around until they finished updating to a new system. They prefer to give us half finished stuff and complete it in the next updates (if they feel like doing that).

It's an EGO problem, the current crop of monkeys developing the game can't leave alone the old stuff made by the oran utans of that time. To stroke their ego to orgasm they have to kill the old systems before they give us a new one.

We could ask Jeets about EGO Problems but I'm not sure he would be willing to answer.

As I said, my take on the current FoS activity on the forums is that his head is on the block and that does not fit with the plans his EGO made. So he is trying to get all the fanbois to suck him.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #52 - Nov 11th, 2013 at 10:02am
Print Post  
SwashbucklerHater wrote on Nov 11th, 2013 at 7:51am:
\bullshit

It was FOS's initiative to destroy the loot tables. No one told him to. Then when his boss told him to stop that and work on what he was supposed to be working on, we were left with the current mess.

Also, I seriously doubt loot would be much better had he been allowed to keep working on it, nor do I think loot is ever going to be anywhere near as good as it was before he got ahold of it.
« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2013 at 10:05am by cdr »  

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Nov 12th, 2013 at 2:21am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Nov 11th, 2013 at 8:34am:
I. So he is trying to get all the fanbois to suck him.

I guess that shows how fail he is? I mean if he has to try to get them to suck him? I thought DDO staff only bothered to get fan boi BJ's when they where too tired to wank? :p

IP Logged

1992fxrs
Waterworks Kobold

Harley parking only

Reply #54 - Nov 12th, 2013 at 3:56am
Print Post  
I get a feeling we won't be hearing from FOS on the official forums for a while.  You don't step that deep in shit and not come out stinking.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #55 - Nov 12th, 2013 at 8:48am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Nov 11th, 2013 at 10:02am:
It was FOS's initiative to destroy the loot tables. No one told him to. Then when his boss told him to stop that and work on what he was supposed to be working on, we were left with the current mess.

Exactly this.

In addition, it's likely that if the current system is deemed "not as successful as Turbine had hoped" it will be left to stagnate.

I learned from DDOCast 309 that this is the method Turbine uses for determining if a system gets finished.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Nov 12th, 2013 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Nov 12th, 2013 at 8:48am:
Exactly this.

In addition, it's likely that if the current system is deemed "not as successful as Turbine had hoped" it will be left to stagnate.

I learned from DDOCast 309 that this is the method Turbine uses for determining if a system gets finished.

Is this why hardly anything ever appears to get *finished*?

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Nov 12th, 2013 at 9:46pm
Print Post  

Toss out untested worthless garbage, if it sells, great. If it flops, cut and run to the next hair brained pipe dream.

IP Logged

Dhalgren
Big Sexy

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Nov 12th, 2013 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
Exactly this.

Yeah, that comment from Glin kind of threw me, although I guess I should have expected as much.

Problem: system is not as popular as it could be since it needs more work.

Solution: don't work on the system.

Undecided

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #59 - Nov 12th, 2013 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on Nov 12th, 2013 at 9:16pm:
Is this why hardly anything ever appears to get *finished*?

mystafyi wrote on Nov 12th, 2013 at 9:46pm:
Toss out untested worthless garbage, if it sells, great. If it flops, cut and run to the next hair brained pipe dream.

Listen to the podcast.

Directly and indirectly, it explains a lot of things. 

For example, Jerry's comment that he doesn't tell content developers that he doesn't like their quests "because he has to sit next to them" is pretty revealing. 

Jerry doesn't need to be as big a dick to the people at work as he is to people like Memnir, but, seriously, you should be able to tell your coworker that you don't care for their product and tell them why it's not for you without fear of reprisal.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #60 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Nov 10th, 2013 at 5:10pm:
Don't you mean a "soea of diarrhoea?"

You should try thinking a little before you oh-so-subtly correct people on their spelling. It's the UK English variant, originating in Latin, for people who can spell a full word in its original form without having to simplify.

Continue with the making yourself look clever, it's going very well.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #61 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on Nov 10th, 2013 at 11:21pm:
meh what was *wrong* with loot in the first place to justify all this shit?

NWO.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint