Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Change to Radier's box requirements (Read 10963 times)
OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Re: Change to Radier's box requirements
Reply #50 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 7:16am:
Also; is it not better that they say "screw it, it's a goodwill gesture, let's not waste any more time fixing the distribution method and just give one to everyone" than it would be if they wasted development resources trying to pin down whatever it is caused the process to mess up?  It's not a game-changer; it might cause more people to raid for comms is all.  Cautious, low-key applause here from me.

A second box is the right thing to in this case, and I can be happy to see them implement a simple solution, but I can't applaud them for it. 

This was a response to a stupid "let's make a SYSTEM to distribute an apology for implementing a SYSTEM that didn't enhance the player experience AND nobody wanted AND that we screwed up".

I don't clap when the dog manages to not pee on the carpet, even though I'm happy that he pulls it off.  Turbine should be expected to not pee on the carpet as well.

"Good job for holding it until you could go out side.  This time." is as close to applause as I can get.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #51 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Nov 12th, 2013 at 7:51pm:
It's a rare outcome that favors the players, and I'm happy to see such a thing, but it would have been more efficient to do this the first time instead of wasting developer hours that could have been spent making new graphics for the Sunstone.

From my point of view, it's Damage Control at full speed.

They fucked up the raid counter, they fucked up the gift for the first fuck up, so they are just going for the surest way : give everybody something that way the chances for a fuck up are limited and ( should be ) under control.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #52 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Nov 12th, 2013 at 12:17pm:
Lama release notes:

Live release notes:

Yeah I figured it was best to wait and see what hit live. What a surprise, things didn't materialise as everyone thought they would by assessing Lama. The one char I wouldn't have minded a freebie on didn't get it, heh.

The description for live is still wrong btw, characters got the box that have very much not met those requirements. Presume this is part of their "we got it wrong so now we'll give it to everyone eventually" approach.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:04pm:
Yeah I figured it was best to wait and see what hit live. What a surprise, things didn't materialise as everyone thought they would by assessing Lama. The one char I wouldn't have minded a freebie on didn't get it, heh.

The description for live is still wrong btw, characters got the box that have very much not met those requirements. Presume this is part of their "we got it wrong so now we'll give it to everyone eventually" approach.

Read the rest of the thread, dumbass.  Cordovan/Jerry posted on the forums (link included on the first page) that the original Llama release notes were correct and that the new release notes were just written incorrectly.  Additionally, there is a bug where *some* people who did qualify under the original Llama requirements did not get a box.  That's why they're going to be giving a second free box to everyone.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #54 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:18pm:
Read the rest of the thread, dumbass.  Cordovan/Jerry posted on the forums (link included on the first page) that the original Llama release notes were correct and that the new release notes were just written incorrectly.  Additionally, there is a bug where *some* people who did qualify under the original Llama requirements did not get a box.  That's why they're going to be giving a second free box to everyone.

I'll respond to the OP and then read the rest of the thread if I like. I'm not perfect and it'll make me fit in better round here. *smooch*

But yes I did as you said and things are sort of more clear. Fact remains I have chars who meet neither lam nor live prerequisite for getting a box and yet they have one. Their scripting on this one is fuckered.
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:21pm by kum-gulp »  

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Had a friend who hasn't played in more then a year come back and he had raiders boxes on all his alts. Sad

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #56 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
My arti, who I haven't played AT ALL since she hit 20 like 3 years ago, had a box. Several of my other alts who have both raided and/or TR'd very recently were left with nothing. They really fucked it up, and should have just given everyone a box regardless from the start. Even people who never raided or would never raid. Maybe the weapons will give them an incentive to raid. IDK.

Either way. I'm still finding it hard to give a shit about DDO.

IP Logged

Elegorne
DQ Assaulter

Reply #57 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 3:24pm
Print Post  

I loled pretty hard when I logged into my lvl 3 (yes, level 3- 1st toon I ever rolled, sucked ass and has been hanging out at the bank in his undies ever since) fighter/bank mule who has never TRed, never raided, hell, hasn't been inside a quest in years, had not one, but two raiders boxes in his inventory. They truly have no idea what they are doing or how to do it....

Elegorne,Wizegorne,Healegorne and some other gimp toons on Thelanis

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #58 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
I don't understand, even if it wasn't properly typed, it was still obvious that that the post U19 note should have applied for the raids and not just TR

IP Logged

AME2760
Korthos Resident

Reply #59 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
RIP CITW?   Cheesy

Cynic, n. - A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are not as they ought to be.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #60 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
AME2760 wrote on Nov 14th, 2013 at 3:43pm:
RIP CITW?   Cheesy

For me ?
Definitely.

Even if it wasn't already dead before the boxes, now it's totally dead and classified in the never to be run again unless roaring drunk category along with Kween ( for other reasons ).

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #61 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Nov 14th, 2013 at 3:50pm:
roaring drunk category

I remember running to the entrance of the last CitW I did, but nothing else.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #62 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Wait you play ddo without being roaring drunk?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #63 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:29am
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Nov 14th, 2013 at 3:54pm:
I remember running to the entrance of the last CitW I did, but nothing else.

That's how it should be.

Quote:
Wait you play ddo without being roaring drunk?

Yes, I play it moderately drunk. Roaring drunk is only for special occasions when I want to spend the rest of the night bent over the toilets.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #64 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:34am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:29am:
Yes, I play it moderately drunk. Roaring drunk is only for special occasions when I want to spend the rest of the night bent over the toilets.

to each their own I guess then.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #65 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:50am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:29am:

Aren't you like 50 ? Should probably know how/when/how much to drink by then ?
I can't play drunk at all ( can't stand solitude when drunk, I call my friends and get the fuck out of the house lol ), baked no problem wasting evening with ddo.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #66 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 5:47am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:50am:
Should probably know how/when/how much to drink by then ?

Oh I know... the problem is that to go to the state where I just remember clicking on the entrance and nothing else means roaring drunk, and it means the rest a few hours later.
Otherwise I will remember the whole Pain in the Navel.

Memory is such a bitch, even when drunk.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint