Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) So what are you picking with your Raider's box? (Read 27881 times)
rest
One Man Wolfpack

Re: So what are you picking with your Raider's box?
Reply #25 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 4:16pm:
Lol what would you people do if they weren't giving away shit for free ( twice ) ?
Fuck me.

As you can see, I have a healthy stable of CITW weapons already, so this doesn't really mean much. Now the alts I never play can have something. If this never happened, they would continue on without CITW weapons.

IP Logged

Bigdickrichguy
Horoluth Raider

I'm gunna put my dick<br
/>in your vag.<br />

Reply #26 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
I found the items lacking.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 11:51am:
I have a Falchion Kensai but Cleaver seems to be better than Breach. That's something I have to think about.

Then I wonder, if Twilight still worth it. So you get Necro/Evo Focus IV weapons on lvl23 1-handed generic loot now? Cause some people say Twilight was outdated.

Hmm, the number of good 1-handed melee weapons also makes for some tough decisions. Considering, I plan on TRing a lot in the future, since it's become easier and the 20-28 grind seems not worth it so much.

I'd go with cleaver. Really big numbers in LD, centered, Keen edge, mster mt stance, OC. Like a x6 crit multiplier on 19-20s.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
my 2wf already has 2 hammers and 2 rapiers so im taking a celestia and hoping i get another, be a 2 hammer fight/monk splash something else for  blue bar healing with cocoon when I get to epic levels might be 4 pally for more saves or something else who knows. have the handwraps and sireth for 2nd goodness to play around with as I will have blunt, got the bow but not enough tomes to make that work unfortunately Sad.

But if your going for 2wf dps tere the hammer and rapier are good choices tere depends on your build, celestia is great as a universal dr breaker it doesnt have the crit profile of the hammer or rapier, hammer is really nice in LD for that crit threat range increase, stacks with kensai. then the monk stuff.

Though who knows it might all be nerfed by the time I get to play again Cheesy. But on the citw I have run I have seen the hammers and rapier much much more than celestia and I won 1 of each on rolls, when celestia dropped no one put it up for roll or they offered a ton of other stuff to buy it so...........

anyway my 2hf who is a bard atm is getting the cleaver Smiley.

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Lol what would you people do if they weren't giving away shit for free ( twice ) ?
Fuck me.

Well, considering my main has 2 Nightmare, 2 Balizarde and a Pinion, all before the box was even announced.

Monkcher already had pinion.

The rest of them I didn't really care about getting CITW weapons for except maybe the stick build. (Who qualified for but didn't get the box anyways).  1/2 of them just took a weapon just because, the others got coms so I can buy armor or augments.

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #30 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
I grabbed Pinion on half of my characters who had nothing better to take just to stare at. They shall be used to hit range levers!

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #31 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Everyone should grab Pinion so they can link it to join "Don't join if you need Pinion" runs, and then leave it in the chest if it drops for you.

Y'know, cause those will happen again.  Someday.

Fuck it.  This would have been better six months ago.
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2013 at 5:28pm by Starkjade »  

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #32 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 5:28pm:
Everyone should grab Pinion so they can link it to join "Don't join if you need Pinion" runs, and then leave it in the chest if it drops for you.

Y'know, cause those will happen again.  Someday.

Fuck it.  This would have been better six months ago.

I'm pretty sure the "don't join if you need pinion" runs are a Sarlona thing.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
someone told me in game taht if you have celestia in an off hand and a throwing weapon in the main hand the throwing weapon can then do light damage to break dr, was this guy bsing and is this an exploit? Just thinking it might be useful for the fighter monk build using ninja stars, if you can't get the tomes or spare feats for pinion use when you need to range?

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
The real gap in power between random gen and twilight is the crit differene (20% vs. 6%/9%). A few less spellpower isn't really a big deal.  That's also why going for the balizarde/one-hander combo is not good either IMO, because you're missing out on 20% crit for one more damage type. 
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2013 at 5:43pm by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Necro took Twilight (never even ran a raid beyond a shroud ages ago)
Assassin took 2nd Celestia (has Celestia, Agony, Pinion)
Monk took Pinion (has Antipode) now can make Monkcher w/o farming citw
FVS took comms (has Twilight)
Sorc took Pinion (has Twilight) just to show it off

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #36 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Fuck me.

I'd be pissed off that I didn't get my 40th VoN list because the motherfuckers fucked it up. Oh, wait. I'm still pissed off because of that.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #37 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 7:15pm:
I'd be pissed off that I didn't get my 40th VoN list because the motherfuckers fucked it up. Oh, wait. I'm still pissed off because of that.

I was affected by 40 th citw ( God knows how many hearts I blew trying to get that damn bow ) but got it fixed eventually. It should have been handled better from the start.
Love free shit as much as anyone else but giving best weapons in game for doing fuck all ?
I don't know who is making those decisions, damn it looks like someone is REALLY trying hard to kill raiding/grouping and fuck this game up.
Circle jerk on motherforums, "woot we got free shit, doesn't matter we have fuck all to do, aka content."

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sabotage+beastie+boy&sm=3

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #38 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 8:12pm:
I was affected by 40 th citw ( God knows how many hearts I blew trying to get that damn bow ) but got it fixed eventually. It should have been handled better from the start.
Love free shit as much as anyone else but giving best weapons in game for doing fuck all ?
I don't know who is making those decisions, damn it looks like someone is REALLY trying hard to kill raiding/grouping and fuck this game up.
Circle jerk on motherforums, "woot we got free shit, doesn't matter we have fuck all to do, aka content."

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sabotage+beastie+boy&sm=3

When I see people posting "the most fun I had since X was when I was exploiting" it says to me that raiding and team play are already dead.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 8:18pm:
When I see people posting "the most fun I had since X was when I was exploiting" it says to me that raiding and team play are already dead.

They cant even get a world boss dragon once a year going with out lag turning it into a turn based rpg.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #40 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 8:57pm
Print Post  

Awwww… I didn’t know you cared!

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #41 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 9:06pm
Print Post  

If they gave us... i dunno... a RAID to play.. then maybe it wouldn't be.

CITW is not all that fun and FoT is ok but since it's the only end-game raid it's already been run a jillion times and since it has mediocre loot, the best thing in that raid now is coms. And since coms were duped.....

We used to have a raid scene.

No we have -a- raid.. sorta.

Cry
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2013 at 9:08pm by Meat-Head »  

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #42 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Why are antipodes bad exactly?

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
tachyon wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 10:04pm:
Why are antipodes bad exactly?

Because they're not enough better than wraps that are easy to get to make them worth the effort of getting.

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #44 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 10:14pm:
Because they're not enough better than wraps that are easy to get to make them worth the effort of getting.

Similar to the twilight then?

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #45 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 12:06am
Print Post  
Antipodes are very solid wraps. A Shintao Monk that can bypass all metallic-based DRs being able to bypass all alignment-based DRs additionally is pretty good. The 6% Doublestrike, the +10 Stunning, and the Reinforced Fists are all nice. The upgrades via Comms are also very nice.

Antipode is a solid choice for handwraps.
« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2013 at 12:07am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Razaghan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 3:26am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 5:43pm:
The real gap in power between random gen and twilight is the crit differene (20% vs. 6%/9%). A few less spellpower isn't really a big deal.  That's also why going for the balizarde/one-hander combo is not good either IMO, because you're missing out on 20% crit for one more damage type. 

I am using combustion 132 & 19% fire crit 1-hander + balizarde w/ slotted impulse, and 20% force crit bracers from whelloon quest on my fire/force shiradi sorc

IP Logged

Rogue
Korthos Resident

Moral Minder. Stopping
jerks at every turn.

Reply #47 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 3:58am
Print Post  
aDifferentHandle wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 6:47am:
Shiradi Caster will get Balizarde, has Twilight already

I got a Shiradi caster (FvS/Sorc) and has a Twilight, but why zard? Am I missing something?

IP Logged

Razaghan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 4:07am
Print Post  
Rogue wrote on Nov 14th, 2013 at 3:58am:
I got a Shiradi caster (FvS/Sorc) and has a Twilight, but why zard? Am I missing something?

Lets you keep planar set bonus, slot some spellpower 138 on it, adds 8% dodge, insightful saves and good luck freeing up gear slots, and can be paired with 1-hander spellpower + crit chance + slot (maybe) item. See my post above.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 4:28am
Print Post  
Razaghan wrote on Nov 14th, 2013 at 3:26am:
I am using combustion 132 & 19% fire crit 1-hander + balizarde w/ slotted impulse, and 20% force crit bracers from whelloon quest on my fire/force shiradi sorc

Yeah, I guess that works out pretty well too.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint