Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic End game wraps? (Read 11865 times)
Brac
Waterworks Kobold

End game wraps?
Nov 13th, 2013 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Now with Antipodes free for all from raiders box I see many people saying they are not worth picking.  Are end game monks still just using grave wrappings or is thier something else Monks should be looking for?

IP Logged

lostinthebios
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: End game wraps?
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
I occasionally use ivy wraps and often use some random sundering wraps when I want to make things quiver.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
I use my Alchemical wraps because I worked hard to get them compared to all of the other wraps I own.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 2:32pm:
I use my Alchemical wraps because I worked hard to get them compared to all of the other wraps I own.

t3 Alchems are still at or near top dps PLUS have a unique property not found elsewhere (e.g. alchemical +2 stats) For me, that means +1 stun/quivpalm/AC/wissave/etc.

As for other "end game" wraps: My maths show that Antipodes are still solid, graves are good, adamantine knuckles are maybe the best all-around, and the newest ones from Stormhorns seem strong. I haven't calced em, but 8d4 sonic AND elec per hit plus .5[W] from keenII seems nice. 8d4 comes to 20dmg per hit. So, 40 avg elemental dmg per hit on those wraps. That's huge.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Thunder_and_Lightning

Consider that, say, holyburst of greater___bane is only 18.55 dmg per hit avg. So, Thunder and Lightning are MORE THAN TWICE as good.

unless I'm missing something, those are the top PURE dps wraps atm on non-resistant mobs.

But, why DPS a mob when you can instakill them with qpalm?
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:20pm by Meat-Head »  

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Grumlee
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
I like the Thunder and Lightning, especially when leveling through Fatesinger to get the nice purple damage from the sonic property.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Theres a couple threads on here about this.  The consensus is generally:

Antipode
Adamantine Knuckles
Grave Wrappings
EE Ivy Wraps
Tier 3 Alchemical Wraps

Are all usable at various times.

Antipode are actually pretty good, but if you have another source for reinforced fists or stunning, they can be less so.  Upgraded with the +8 and the extra half die step and the red slot, they get better.  A solid DPS option.

I think MeatHead and I were talking about max die damage on monks and you can get slightly more out of EE knuckles if you have reinforced fists from another source.  The issue would be what you put in the 3 slots and how that helps break DR or is damage that the mob is vulnerable to.

Grave Wrappings are great for the neg levels, but those might be less so if the nerf to neg levels hit them. 

EE Ivys are solid for their damage against livings and the self healing they bring. 

Alchems can be very solid DPS too.  And the tier 2 can add a stat boost.

I'd say it's somewhat situational.  Apparently the new Thunder and Lightning EE's are nice, but not overpoweringly so. 

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #6 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:15pm:
Theres a couple threads on here about this.  The consensus is generally:

Antipode
Adamantine Knuckles
Grave Wrappings
EE Ivy Wraps
Tier 3 Alchemical Wraps

Are all usable at various times.

Antipode are actually pretty good, but if you have another source for reinforced fists or stunning, they can be less so.  Upgraded with the +8 and the extra half die step and the red slot, they get better.  A solid DPS option.

I think MeatHead and I were talking about max die damage on monks and you can get slightly more out of EE knuckles if you have reinforced fists from another source.  The issue would be what you put in the 3 slots and how that helps break DR or is damage that the mob is vulnerable to.

Grave Wrappings are great for the neg levels, but those might be less so if the nerf to neg levels hit them. 

EE Ivys are solid for their damage against livings and the self healing they bring. 

Alchems can be very solid DPS too.  And the tier 2 can add a stat boost.

I'd say it's somewhat situational.  Apparently the new Thunder and Lightning EE's are nice, but not overpoweringly so. 

I just edited my post with some thunderand lightning info.

IF I'm reading thunder and lightning right, they are the same [w] as addy knuckles. But I don't have an EE pair to test.

IF they are then

EE Knuckles with 3 dps augs slotted = 16.5 elemental per hit.
EE Thunder and Lightning= 40 per hit PLUS a red slot for another 5.5 or devotion.

In fact EE T&L could afford to be down a whole [w] and STILL be ahead I think.

Also, a factor overlooked on Antipodes is the 6% D.S.  You can get that on loot gen, but there are better things to slot for gloves etc.
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:25pm by Meat-Head »  

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Arbitoroflife
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
My favorite handwraps are EE Adamantine Knuckles with 3 Endless Night augs  Grin

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #8 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Against Trash : random gen +14 sundering wraps for quivering palm goodness. (coupled with a +10 stunning dunrobar ring)

Against boss fights I'll use antipodes if I have aggro, or EE thunder and lightning.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #9 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Grumlee wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:12pm:
I like the Thunder and Lightning, especially when leveling through Fatesinger to get the nice purple damage from the sonic property.

You just need to swap into fatesinger, then that property will persist until log out.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #10 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
I have a set of EE Thunder and Lightning, but my monk has been on a TR train.  Finally back at cap.  I planned on testing them against antipode and EE Knuckles. 

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #11 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 5:02pm:
I have a set of EE Thunder and Lightning, but my monk has been on a TR train.  Finally back at cap.  I planned on testing them against antipode and EE Knuckles. 

I DEMAND DETAILS

plox

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
I use my bare fists, then QP.  Wraps are for those with tender hands and who use palmolive.

That said, I have the following sweet pair of lootgen that some fool sold ridiculously cheap on the AH

Improved Vorpal Wraps of Shattering +10

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:41pm:
Against Trash : random gen +14 sundering wraps for quivering palm goodness. (coupled with a +10 stunning dunrobar ring)

Against boss fights I'll use antipodes if I have aggro, or EE thunder and lightning.

You have Shattering +14?  I've been wondering if something that high dropped on wraps vs other weapons (not that I scout the AH that much).  What little I've looked I only seem to find on non-wraps.

IP Logged

Brac
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #14 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Byeshek Alchemical seem to have a weight of 3.  They also do additional damage from the tier 1 and 2 element with a red slot also added at tier 3.

EE Adamantine are 2.5 and has 3 red slot for elemental damage.

Antipode is 2.5 at tier 4 (can get reinforced fists multiple places) and is +8 with a red slot.  It also seems to do an extra 2d6 to just about everything.

It looks to me like Alchemical seems better.  What am I missing?

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #15 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Brac wrote on Nov 14th, 2013 at 4:21pm:
Byeshek Alchemical seem to have a weight of 3.  They also do additional damage from the tier 1 and 2 element with a red slot also added at tier 3.

EE Adamantine are 2.5 and has 3 red slot for elemental damage.

Antipode is 2.5 at tier 4 (can get reinforced fists multiple places) and is +8 with a red slot.  It also seems to do an extra 2d6 to just about everything.

It looks to me like Alchemical seems better.  What am I missing?

I don't think Byeshek stacks with RFists

IP Logged

doyourealyknow
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
ivy wraps are nice or some knuckel wrags with 2 augments of endless night. my monk got the antipode but he is not using them.... lvl drain is to good in the most of the quests

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #17 - Nov 21st, 2013 at 4:08am
Print Post  
If only "Giant's Fist maul" was the "Giant's Fists Handwraps" they'd be the best handwraps in the game hands down.

EE Giant's Fists, Handwraps version:

+4 enhancement
Impact V (+2W and keen)
Dazing IX (Stunning +14)
Sundering IX (Shattering +14)
Red Slot

Holy shit "Lines of Supply" would be the most run quest in the game!!!

IP Logged

[some shit]
Titan Demolisher

Reply #18 - Nov 21st, 2013 at 4:10am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Nov 21st, 2013 at 4:08am:
If only "Giant's Fist maul" was the "Giant's Fists Handwraps" they'd be the best handwraps in the game hands down.

EE Giant's Fists, Handwraps version:

+4 enhancement
Impact V (+2W and keen)
Dazing IX (Stunning +14)
Sundering IX (Shattering +14)
Red Slot

Holy shit "Lines of Supply" would be the most run quest in the game!!!

...Why didn't turbine do that damnit?

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #19 - Nov 21st, 2013 at 4:52am
Print Post  
iliveyourdream13 wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 6:06pm:
You have Shattering +14?  I've been wondering if something that high dropped on wraps vs other weapons (not that I scout the AH that much).  What little I've looked I only seem to find on non-wraps.

I haven't seen any +14s and I've been scanning both the AH and SAH since U19 came out every few days. I have +12s and I did see +13s for about 1000 shards buyout a few weeks ago. But haven't been playing much recently. Market may have been flooded by now for all I know, but it's pretty rare as far as I can tell.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Oct 18th, 2016 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
So, it's 2016.  I have been mainly using epic scraps of enlightenment mostly.  Sometimes Ivy wraps...  At some point I'll probably get the TS wraps.   Anyone use Random gen, or thinking about CC wraps?

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #21 - Oct 18th, 2016 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Maybe Con-damage wraps CC wraps with good on em? I don't know how well WOPS work.

Red aug, meteor ruby. Good and blug damage effects.

Probably doesn't match the Base damage of Enlightenment wraps or Proc damage of TS wraps.

TF wraps aren't lookin bad.

Am gloating at my +2 alchemical wisdom wraps for leveling and EIN.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #22 - Oct 18th, 2016 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
im reading this wondering how no one is saying the tempests wraps. i didnt realize it was a necro thread lol. anyway i use crafted smashing vampiric adamantine wraps of slashing with a red slot since i dont have the harness yet.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #23 - Oct 18th, 2016 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Oct 18th, 2016 at 2:12pm:
So, it's 2016.  I have been mainly using epic scraps of enlightenment mostly.  Sometimes Ivy wraps...  At some point I'll probably get the TS wraps.   Anyone use Random gen, or thinking about CC wraps?

Storm's Harness from Legendary Tempest's Spine is great.

Thunderforged are also good, depending on what you choose at each tier.
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2016 at 6:18pm by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Oct 18th, 2016 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Oct 18th, 2016 at 5:49pm:
Storm's Harness from Legendary Tempest's Spine are great.

Thunderforged are also good.

Yeah, I have about half of the TS runes I need to get them at this point, probably should work on getting TF ingredients, needs stuff from there on a few toons eventually... For now my main monk is off to put on some past lives, so it will be a while before he's back to using wraps....  hopefully by that time the "monk pass" will be worked out as it still has a ways to go...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint