Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) This guy is so selfless. I mean, a real saint. (Read 56925 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: This guy is so selfless. I mean, a real saint.
Reply #100 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:02pm:
  I hate to breake it to you.  It never happened. .

Few questions. No pedo jokes or any thing.
This time at least.

So, you didn't come close to dying?

Why would you ruin that for people?

What happened at Neverwinter and Why did you not go and die slow over there?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #101 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 6:49pm:
However, I still hold firm for those in our guild and the guilds/friends we are aligned with. If someone is caught cheating in our guild - they're gone. 

Fair enough.

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #102 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 7:13pm:
Few questions. No pedo jokes or any thing.
This time at least.

Well shucks, thanks Smiley

So, you didn't come close to dying?

A few times, and I'd rather not relive those moments, thank you.

Why would you ruin that for people?

Your pain, is my gain?  Tongue

What happened at Neverwinter and Why did you not go and die slow over there?

Still there. Its nowhere near what DDO has meant to me, as a gamer. I need depth in character building/leveling. Its not there. However there are some nifty programing niceties Id like to see here in DDO, but there are glaring omissions (such as a nonexistent LFM system)  We have two killer guilds, and met a lot of cool peeps. NW is my B game.  With my work sched I dont have time for more then two games.  Shit I barely have time for one.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 7:23pm:
Well shucks, thanks Smiley

A few times, and I'd rather not relive those moments, thank you.

Your pain, is my gain?  Tongue

Still there. Its nowhere near what DDO has meant to me, as a gamer. I need depth in character building/leveling. Its not there. However there are some nifty programing niceties Id like to see here in DDO, but there are glaring omissions (such as a nonexistent LFM system)  We have two killer guilds, and met a lot of cool peeps. NW is my B game.  With my work sched I dont have time for more then two games.  Shit I barely have time for one.

Well, Thank you and I think that will be all.
Enjoy your weekend

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Reply #104 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
lol. so you guys managed to bring that wussy back to the vault? way to go. Nice tactic making him waste his time posting and replying to shit here instead of playing Jesus in the official forums.

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #105 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
CanIHazYourStuff wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 7:32pm:
lol. so you guys managed to bring that wussy back to the vault? way to go. Nice tactic making him waste his time posting and replying to shit here instead of playing Jesus in the official forums.

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #106 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
CanIHazYourStuff wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 7:32pm:

Look in the mirror. Feeling Big? Good.

It was no sweat.  I had a boring day of contracts and other big boy work. So I killed a few, no bigs, peace.

IP Logged

CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Reply #107 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 7:45pm:
Look in the mirror. Feeling Big? Good.

It was no sweat.  I had a boring day of contracts and other big boy work. So I killed a few, no bigs, peace.

Got something big for ya Cheesy
Its a turdbines special.

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
CanIHazYourStuff wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 7:47pm:
Got something big for ya Cheesy
Its a turdbines special.

Yeah ok whatever.  If its from Turbine, it wont work anyway....

IP Logged

CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Reply #109 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 7:49pm:
Yeah ok whatever.  If its from Turbine, it wont work anyway....

I'll have to agree with you on that one.
(jerry seems to like it anyways, wonder if toleros into that or shes more like celestrata)

carry on

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #110 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
" Leave the flag waving from my ddo" is my stance and I am not nice to more casual folks but props to you Leslie for posting.
If you gonna insult or bad-mouth someone, at least drop the anonymous bullshit.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #111 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
So, Leslie, I will tell you a few things about your Veterans Day.
Somehow, it reminds me when I see History Channel, always centered and obsessed in gloryfing the USA history, the USA soldiers, the USA wounded, the USA killed.
Never a fucking line about the pain for the vietnamese, about the dioxin intoxicated, about the irresponsability of the USA in paying for the damage done to the country.
I will tell you about 1918, when this was the Armistice day.
Some day, in the 50 or 60´s it was changed to Veterans Day, and it turned to be what it shouldn´t be: A day to glorify the USA military, a day to glorify killing, imperialism.
Veteran Day dishonors killed veterans and living veterans. It fully ignores the despise to law that the USA is showing to the world.
The USA and his military search clearly unchallenged global dominance and causes everywhere human misery. Yes, sure, we Europeans are willing tools, i wont deny it.

War is your obsession, your addiction.
Afganistan, Irak, your new targets, are fully destroyed, with continous violence and a huge economical debt.
The money spent for building schools in Afganistan ended in the pockets of some US friends that now have nice houses in Dubai.

Armistice Day should be a day to glorify anti-war movement. It should pledge peace.

At his speech, Obama lied as usual, as awaited. He talked about the "millions saved from fascism". Well, at D-Day there were 20% of the German forces fighting the invasion. 80% were at the east front, defending the russian invasion. Russia made the biggest sacrifice in the war, never to be mentioned.
He talked about the bitter cold of Korea and the heat in Vietnam, but he didnt mention that both wars were premeditated agression wars, lawless wars.

DDO is a video game, and there is an international community. Stop insulting our inteligence and our feelings with your shitty pro-war posts.

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #112 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 7:58pm:
" Leave the flag waving from my ddo" is my stance and I am not nice to more casual folks but props to you Leslie for posting.
If you gonna insult or bad-mouth someone, at least drop the anonymous bullshit.

Amen. However, as anyone who knows me knows, in real life or otherwise - when it comes to telling someone off, I am not bashful. My credo is only if they deserve it, and always to their face.

IP Logged

CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Reply #113 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Somehow, it reminds me when I see History Channel, always centered and obsessed in gloryfing the USA history, the USA soldiers, the USA wounded, the USA killed.
Never a fucking line about the pain for the vietnamese, about the dioxin intoxicated, about the irresponsability of the USA in paying for the damage done to the country.
Some day, in the 50 or 60´s it was changed to Veterans Day, and it turned to be what it shouldn´t be: A day to glorify the USA military, a day to glorify killing, imperialism.
Veteran Day dishonors killed veterans and living veterans. It fully ignores the despise to law that the USA is showing to the world.
The USA and his military search clearly unchallenged global dominance and causes everywhere human misery. Yes, sure, we Europeans are willing tools, i wont deny it.

Afganistan, Irak, your new targets, are fully destroyed, with continous violence and a huge economical debt.
The money spent for building schools in Afganistan ended in the pockets of some US friends that now have nice houses in Dubai.

Armistice Day should be a day to glorify anti-war movement. It should pledge peace.

At his speech, Obama lied as usual, as awaited. He talked about the "millions saved from fascism". Well, at D-Day there were 20% of the German forces fighting the invasion. 80% were at the east front, defending the russian invasion. Russia made the biggest sacrifice in the war, never to be mentioned.
He talked about the bitter cold of Korea and the heat in Vietnam, but he didnt mention that both wars were premeditated agression wars, lawless wars.

DDO is a video game, and there is an international community. Stop insulting our inteligence and our feelings with your shitty pro-war posts.

WOOT! I'd like to see that in the official forums!

« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2013 at 8:05pm by CanIHazYourStuff »  

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #114 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Yeah, I have to agree with you there. Its not the day, its the media. It gets worse all the time. There is a lot of community building/schools/utilities/info-structure things that are great stories.  But you dont often see that played on TV. Then we make mistakes.  Naturally that doesnt get much airplay either. There is a lot of our military folk that do amazing things for the people, and that story should get told to, dont you think? 

I guess we agree though about this.  Very few news organizations, from ANY nation, that just give you the fucking news without slanting something.

Quote:

This is just a wall of bullshit. Not even going to honor it with a reply.

(I will say you are 100% right about Russia.  They took enormous losses, and it was Hitlers error to invade Russia. By the time D Day happened - Russia had softened up the Germans on many fronts.  I would argue that American support to the Soviet Union via lend-lease would be as much a factor in the Red Army's victory as Stalin's ruthlessness. D-Day was instrumental in many ways, but to explain it in detail, this is obviously not the place)

Quote:

I think it does in many ways. It does for me. War should be an absolute last recourse. However, unfortunately, sometimes, you have to fight for your freedoms, and those of your friends. That does not come free, but I believe it necessary on occasion. To me, to veterans day means something very different than your definition, but I dont really consider your opinion incorrect, just different.

Quote:

Well, anyone who has come to our ceremonies know its not political or pro war. We just dont get into that.  Again, your perception of the entire day is different.

I will say that in past years we have made our gatherings much more international in flavor. We welcome everyone, and really just focus on the families as much as anything else. I realize full well these events arent for everyone. But we have every right to do our thing, and do our thing we will.
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2013 at 8:38pm by LeslieWest_GG »  

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #115 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 8:33pm:
Yeah, I have to agree with you there. Its not the day, its the media. It gets worse all the time. There is a lot of community building/schools/utilities/info-structure things that are great stories.  But you dont often see that played on TV. Then we make mistakes.  Naturally that doesnt get much airplay either. There is a lot of our military folk that do amazing things for the people, and that story should get told to, dont you think? 

I guess we agree though about this.  Very few news organizations, from ANY nation, that just give you the fucking news without slanting something.

This is just a wall of bullshit. Not even going to honor it with a reply.

(I will say you are 100% right about Russia.  They took enormous losses, and it was Hitlers error to invade Russia. By the time D Day happened - Russia had softened up the Germans on many fronts.  I would argue that American support to the Soviet Union via lend-lease would be as much a factor in the Red Army's victory as Stalin's ruthlessness. D-Day was instrumental in many ways, but to explain it in detail, this is obviously not the place)

I think it does in many ways. It does for me. War should be an absolute last recourse. However, unfortunately, sometimes, you have to fight for your freedoms, and those of your friends. That does not come free, but I believe it necessary on occasion. To me, to veterans day means something very different than your definition, but I dont really consider your opinion incorrect, just different.

Well, anyone who has come to our ceremonies know its not political or pro war. We just dont get into that.  Again, your perception of the entire day is different.

I will say that in past years we have made our gatherings much more international in flavor. We welcome everyone, and really just focus on the families as much as anything else. I realize full well these events arent for everyone. But we have every right to do our thing, and do our thing we will.

Yeah also the chinese suffered horrible loses vs the japanese and kept the bulk of the imperial japanese army occupied throughout the war.

I guess its more important to concentrate on the veterans and the servicemen and their sacrifices more than the politics of the wars.

Personally I think the wool is often pulled over everyones eyes in terms of who the wars best interests are serving and the reasons such wars are being fought. Have nothing against americans think you are pretty good people, but that doesn't mean that I don't take an issue with a segment of your population.

Yeah, yeah protect the *freedoms* of your *friends* who is your closest friend in the middle east besides Israel? Saudi Arabia..........a democracy? No..........in fact a country that is as undemocratic as you can get.......good thing they are right wing eh? Even though they have a terrible human rights record, good thing they have a lot of oil and are friendly...well the rulers are to the U.S eh. How many of those 9/11 hijackers where originally from saudi arabia?

The C.I.A is notorious for toppling democratic govts in favour of dictators or worse if it serves *some* U.S interests. Look at chile, look at vietnam during the war. Look at a lot of stuff during the cold war......its called a cold war but more people died in armed conflict from the end of the second world war to the present than died in the 1st and 2nd world war. War by proxy is more like it. Its all about expanding spheres of influence.

Who where the big winners after the 9/11 attacks? The military industrial complex, and the U.S intelligence community. Oh and Israel. Im not saying they where directly responsible.But look at the increased funding and increased powers they have afterwards.

In the games of power and politics there are no *good* *guys* and *bad guys* it seems more like the lesser of the two evils is more the case. People might mean well but they are shackled by greed/fear/lies/ignorance/deception/intolerance and bias.

Anyway I do feel insulted when im fed that rot that the war in *afganistan* is all about *freedom* yeah right. Was more than happy to send weapons to the taliban and others to fight the russians in the 1980's, and help keep saddam in power to combate the iranians. And I resent the fact that my countries troops have to be there to die for what? If anything the actions taken in fighting this war is more of a threat to the *freedom* of americans and other people around the world.

Is there some charity where I can donate to, to help some afgan/pakistani/iraqi family that has lost most of their family members to a drone strike, or accidental bombings? I feel for the suffering of veterans from the allied countries, but forgive me for feeling some empathy for some people who are poor, have nothing and their country has been ravaged by war, in the afgans case for over 30 years all due largely to the outside meddling of superpowers.

Yes this region has its own big/massive problems, but it hasn't been helped by the meddling of western colonial powers over the years. In fact I think that meddling has directly led to the increase in extremism and fundamentalism within the region.

If its all about human rights, justice and freedom, where was the western world when china rolled into tibet hmmm? Where where we when indonesia took western papua? During all those civil wars, and genocide in africa? Not so fast to send troops then eh?

I respect most servicemen, I don't like seeing them getting hurt or killed. I don't like seeing anyone getting hurt or killed,"this includes the civilians of the *enemy* ok maybe some of the politicians and fat cats getting fatter off all the mayhem I would like to see some of them fed through the grinder.

Anyway that was a long rant, but maybe it explains my stance a little. Sorry I couldn't be more articulate or to the point.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #116 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Azog, put your anti-USA crap in P&R where it belongs!  Tongue

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #117 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 9:20pm:
Anyway that was a long rant, but maybe it explains my stance a little. Sorry I couldn't be more articulate or to the point.

With the exception of a few inaccuracies, I pretty much agree. We really arent that far off, anyhows.

We play video games man. Maybe we should hand the nations leaders some joysticks, give em some video games  and tell em to have a few beers... at least in DDO, in my circles, we get along with everyone Smiley  Sadly...  the rest of the world doesnt always work like this, and we have politics, greed and lies.. oh yeah and money.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #118 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 9:38pm:
With the exception of a few inaccuracies, I pretty much agree. We really arent that far off, anyhows.

We play video games man. Maybe we should hand the nations leaders some joysticks, give em some video games  and tell em to have a few beers... at least in DDO, in my circles, we get along with everyone Smiley  Sadly...  the rest of the world doesnt always work like this, and we have politics, greed and lies.. oh yeah and money.

yeah well most of that stuff should of been in a different section, what i wrote but I guess im terribad at derailing threads lol.

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #119 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 9:40pm:
what i wrote but I guess im terribad at derailing threads lol.

LOL, as a mod, I must say you are quite GOOD at derailing threads Wink Anyways, I dont consider this site will be nominated for any fucking Martha Stewart better housekeeping awards so it dont really matter much.  Let the mod monkeys move shit around if they want  Grin

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #120 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
LeslieWest, you use the word "I" way too many times in most of your posts. If you want people to start taking you seriously that you are not a self promoter then stop using that word so often.

LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 2:32pm:
I did introduce myself.  As well as my guild. I used to be a DJ back in college.  WARY  88.1 the Station from Hell back in my college days. I'm recently hosted a podcast for Neverwinter. Im used to IDing myself. I dont really see the harm. If I didnt ID myself, most peeps on our forum would know who it was anyway.  We all have forum signatures, well most of us do anyway.  I dont see the difference really.

Forum signatures belong at the end, that's a big difference to introducing yourself at the beginning of a video that isn't even about you.

To properly credit yourself, you are supposed to do it at the end of the video.

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #121 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Neru wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 9:56pm:
LeslieWest, you use the word "I" way too many times in most of your posts. If you want people to start taking you seriously that you are not a self promoter then stop using that word so often.

Forum signatures belong at the end, that's a big difference to introducing yourself at the beginning of a video that isn't even about you.

To properly credit yourself, you are supposed to do it at the end of the video.

Well this thread was about ME, so I saw the need to use "I" a lot. I'll keep that in mind in other posts - even though I try to use "we" more than "I".

As far as identifying myself in the video, I'm sorry, but I disagree.  How many podcasts end with, Oh yeah, and by the way my name is... Smiley Actually some of my videos do end with a credit at the end.

On the other hand, like I said, I just always believe in introducing myself - that comes from a background in radio.  If someones talking in a video, I'd like to know who's talking... and who's is responsible for the work. It took me what a few seconds to say who I was, and that Im from DDO?
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2013 at 10:16pm by LeslieWest_GG »  

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #122 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
True but many viewers with inferior attention span confused you for Keith Knight. You may want to consider separating your introduction from that clip of him.

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #123 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Neru wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 10:14pm:
True but many viewers with inferior attention span confused you for Keith Knight. You may want to consider separating your introduction from that clip of him.

For those that got confused I was Keith Knight - the intro wouldn't really of helped them regardless where it was. You would think me introducing HIM in the beginning would have resolved those inferior comprehension issues, but this is to be expected.  Shocked

Let me ask you this.  Besides my horribad intro, did you like the video?
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2013 at 10:28pm by LeslieWest_GG »  

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #124 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Leslie, in regards to the youtube video in your post I have a quick question. Did you actually shoot that video and edit it together or did you just edit a bunch of clips together that were others work to repackage it?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Send TopicPrint