Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) This guy is so selfless. I mean, a real saint. (Read 57118 times)
LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: This guy is so selfless. I mean, a real saint.
Reply #125 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 10:38pm:
Leslie, in regards to the youtube video in your post I have a quick question. Did you actually shoot that video and edit it together or did you just edit a bunch of clips together that were others work to repackage it?

Good question,  I worked with 6 or 7 videos altogether that I spliced together. They came from ablegamers.com foundation.  The video of Keith were given to me personally by him. Ablegamers nor Keith sought any recognition in particular, but I thought it a good idea to mention both throughout the video.  I have no idea who shot original video work on them, provided lighting, etc.
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2013 at 10:50pm by LeslieWest_GG »  

IP Logged

fuckFoS
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #126 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Dear god man, when are you gonna give up the shameless self promotion?

If you can stop masturbating to the sound of your own name for a minute, i've got a question for you.

In less than a day you've made sure to point out all the ways in which you are a hero, while selectively responding to everyone else's posts (which is probably not your fault, since your narcissistic miopia won't let you see past your own grandeur), as well as all your 'panty-dropping qualities', for lack of a better term which you've made damn sure to mention over and over again (i'm a DJ, i work in radio, i am a guitar god -yeah ok, that one just comes from your name, but you chose that one for a reason now didn't you?- as well as others i can't recall right now), i gotta ask, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

IP Logged

fuckFoS
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #127 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 10:47pm:
Ablegamers nor Keith wanted any recognition in particular,

That right there says a lot.

Edited:
Let me make damn sure i clarify this: That quote says a lot about them and the real nature of people dedicated to help others who ask for no PERSONAL recognition whatsoever, as opposed to you, who took every possible opportunity to get it.
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2013 at 11:00pm by fuckFoS »  

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #128 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
fuckFoS wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 10:48pm:

Mana mana....

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #129 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Well as both a veteran and someone who is disabled I think that it is pretty disgusting Leslie that you would take someone else's work and hijack there project into a self serving thing like this. You really have some nerve to put your name, guild names (if a guild I was in was associated with this i'd be in a new guild pretty damn quick) and podcast crap all over the front of this like it was your material when you actually just hacked it together. I'd be pissed if that was my professionally shot work that you hijacked. You talk shit about exploiting but from where I sit this looks like exploitation. I got a hell of a lot more respect for some of these assholes around here that are exploiting bugs than I do for your sorry self who is exploiting people.

Put some curtains up in your glass house.
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2013 at 10:57pm by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #130 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 10:53pm:
Well as both a veteran and someone who is disabled I think that it is pretty disgusting Leslie that you would take someone else's work and hijack there project into a self serving thing like this. You really have some nerve to put your name, guild names (if a guild I was in was associated with this i'd be in a new guild pretty damn quick) and podcast crap all over the front of this like it was your material when you actually just hacked it together. I'd be pissed if that was my professionally shot work that you hijacked. You talk shit about exploiting but from where I sit this looks like exploitation. I got a hell of a lot more respect for some of these assholes around here that are exploiting bugs than I do for your sorry self who is exploiting people.

Put some curtains up in your glass house.

Ok, this is volunteer work, you understand this right? I approached ablegamers and Keith Knight, and we worked together on this. Everyone involved is working pro bono.  This video was designed for a veterans day crowd, a one day event. It wasnt designed to be a cause, or to make a statement outside of the statement made. If I were making an Evening News story or publishing a magazine article for an international audience - sure I would have designed it totally differently.

What would satisfy you?  To track down everyone involved with the making of each video?  I have no problem trying to do that. In fact most of Keiths video is just shot by him and a few friends, so it shouldnt be that hard to track down...

The reason for the guild info is simple. We put on the Ceremony every year.  If this goes beyond DDO and Neverwinter, our guild, and possibly even me dont have any significance in it, besides the hours of work I put into this to get the word out.

I hope that makes sense to you, and sorry if the video, and/or my work offends you in any way. I sincerely want to see this brought up by developers, that is all.
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2013 at 11:13pm by LeslieWest_GG »  

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #131 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 11:06pm:
What would satisfy you?  To track down everyone involved with the making of each video?  I have no problem trying to do that.

I call bullshit. It took me 5 minutes. Who is involved? the people at the end of the video whose credits you did not edit into or copy into "your" video.

LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 11:06pm:
In fact most of Keiths video is just shot by him and a few friends, so it shouldnt be that hard to track down...

Pretty dismissive of his documentary that you edited into your documentary with no original content other than your self serving comments. But no actually his "friends" appear to be people that donated money to make his documentary. Which you just hacked up to make into your own self serving video. I doubt he even knows who you are.

BIG FUCKING HINT IF YOU WANT TO TRACK THEM DOWN JUST WATCH THE END OF THE VIDEOS YOU STOLE THE CLIPS FROM (See the 2 clips above I posted them both to save you the trouble of having to "track" them down) - Best wishes from Scuddy a veteran and disabled gamer who thinks your a fucking jackass
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2013 at 11:30pm by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #132 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 11:12pm:

Really??? Yes of course, I told you I was sent the videos, actually there's 4 or 5 more. I did not say I shot the original videos, nor did I ever say I was responsible in any way shape or form with creating the original videos.

I produced the video to be viewed by a few dozen peeps expecting myself and our guild to put on a presentation. If you were there you would have known where those videos came from. It was no secret.

Now, I think you bring up a great point, one which I wish to fix. By now - this video has be seen by far more than I had anticipated, and I didnt realize that any kind of anger would ensue - especially by a disabled veteran.  I should have reedited the video for a wider audience before posting it.  I need to fix it, and I will.

It was not my goal to steal anyone's work.. that didnt even register in my mind, and for that I apologize to you.  Yes I know Keith, well at least since the 9th of November, and I have just started to do some work for ablegamers, mostly on my own for now. Ive already donated, and plan to do something much more involved in 2014. They are great people.  Hopefully, we can start focusing on WHY I made the video, instead of how.
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2013 at 11:57pm by LeslieWest_GG »  

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #133 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So, Leslie, I will tell you a few things about your Veterans Day.
Somehow, it reminds me when I see History Channel, always centered and obsessed in gloryfing the USA history, the USA soldiers, the USA wounded, the USA killed.
Never a fucking line about the pain for the vietnamese, about the dioxin intoxicated, about the irresponsability of the USA in paying for the damage done to the country.
I will tell you about 1918, when this was the Armistice day.
Some day, in the 50 or 60´s it was changed to Veterans Day, and it turned to be what it shouldn´t be: A day to glorify the USA military, a day to glorify killing, imperialism.
Veteran Day dishonors killed veterans and living veterans. It fully ignores the despise to law that the USA is showing to the world.
The USA and his military search clearly unchallenged global dominance and causes everywhere human misery. Yes, sure, we Europeans are willing tools, i wont deny it.

War is your obsession, your addiction.
Afganistan, Irak, your new targets, are fully destroyed, with continous violence and a huge economical debt.
The money spent for building schools in Afganistan ended in the pockets of some US friends that now have nice houses in Dubai.

Armistice Day should be a day to glorify anti-war movement. It should pledge peace.

At his speech, Obama lied as usual, as awaited. He talked about the "millions saved from fascism". Well, at D-Day there were 20% of the German forces fighting the invasion. 80% were at the east front, defending the russian invasion. Russia made the biggest sacrifice in the war, never to be mentioned.
He talked about the bitter cold of Korea and the heat in Vietnam, but he didnt mention that both wars were premeditated agression wars, lawless wars.

DDO is a video game, and there is an international community. Stop insulting our inteligence and our feelings with your shitty pro-war posts.

When are you foreigners going to learn that you simply don't matter?

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #134 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
I am a veteran & disabled. Not a disabled veteran. There is a big difference but you would not get that you never served. But my disability is not service connected.

This whole self-serving scheme of yours makes no sense. Why would you show that video at a veterans day service anyway? He has muscular dystrophy which really sucks and he has over came a lot, more than most in his place probably would of. But he's not a veteran. A medical condition like that would prevent joining a military branch. So it makes absolutely no since to show it at a veterans service. This whole project of your is just stupid. Here is a suggestion, if your showing a film on a veteran perhaps it needs a veteran in it. It's like having a Christmas event and showing a movie about the Easter Bunny. Next year please just don't have an event. We don't need people like you to promote yourselves, your guild or your podcast on the backs of are military service and fallen brothers in arms. But if for some stupid reason you still do at least hack together your stolen veterans day service video with a veteran or a movie with an actor playing a soldier. Maybe "Johnny Got His Gun".

Just stop posting Leslie, you keep digging a deeper hole. Go play fucking Neverwinter Nights. Just move out and draw fire....

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #135 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 11:57pm:

I'm thankful for your service, and wish you comfort with whatever it is your disability is. Look you're either just being a complete asshole, or you are dead set against the concept, or both. 

Well, something needs to get done about this, and I'd like to help get something started. You are right about getting credits up, and I'm working on that as I type. I would much rather your help, than just trashing me and my guild's work.  It took me weeks to get the videos done. But we get that sometimes, you just cant make everyone happy. Some people just think everyone has an ulterior motive. Our guild is loaded with veterans.  We have no ulterior motive..

There's a lot of disabled military and disabled non-military gamers. I like the fact the stories are together, and from the reaction I got from the video thusfar, it's been effective.

Look, Id be more than happy if other guilds and folks helped us support this cause, Id love to include anyone.  In fact I NEED the help.

« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:16am by LeslieWest_GG »  

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #136 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:08am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 11:49pm:

never know he might end up being american in a few years  Wink Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #137 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:11am
Print Post  
LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 11:59pm:
Ok, now you're just being a complete asshole, but thats because you do not know me, or what motivates me.

So far it looks like the sound of your own voice motivates you.  Classic narcissism.

IP Logged

fuckFoS
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #138 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:19am
Print Post  
LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 11:59pm:
I'm thankful for your service, and wish you comfort with whatever it is your disability is. Look you're either just being a complete asshole, (because you do not know me) or you are dead set against the concept.

Well, something needs to get done about this, and I'd like to helps get something started.

There's a lot of disabled military and disabled non-military gamers. I like the fact the stories are together, and from the reaction I got from the video thusfar, it's been effective.

At least have the balls to leave what you originally posted, instead of editing shit out like a coward.
That post used to say "You're just being an asshole, they come in all sizes"

I find it highly suspicious that every one of your posts has an edit and not once do you point it out.
Makes me think you might be editing posts after the fact to try to make yourself look good.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #139 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:22am
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 9:31pm:
Azog, put your anti-USA crap in P&R where it belongs!  Tongue

insert:  ******your mom*****put*****mouth****

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #140 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Leslie, way to back peddle. You called me an asshole then edited it to tone it down before I could quote you. If your going to play on this playground you can't eat the chicken salad. Leslie you need to put on your big girl panties if your going to insult me. At least be man enough to stick to your guns. If not then go be self serving somewhere else your passive aggressive bullshit flattery posts don't work on me or this crowd. We call it as we see it. Go back to a forum where you can cry to a mod who gives a damn about your hurt feelings and caring means sharing Kum bay ya BS events that are really just all about you.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #141 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:23am
Print Post  
LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:15pm:
That never happened. 
How does your wife feel about that?

She knows full well I would never enter into such conversation. She usually is right next to me when I play.

Oh rehly?
Quote:
Oh and just one more thing before I leave this dump,

vay jay jay hot creamy and ready for rumble trust me,

LATER BOYS!!!

A wrestling term clearly being used in a sexually explicit  sexist remark.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #142 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:23am
Print Post  
raybob wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:11am:
So far it looks like the sound of your own voice motivates you.  Classic narcissism.

If you talking about the video, I can see your points. Im taking my ID out of the front of the video.

Id like something good to come of it, honestly, there's nothing my to it.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #143 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 11:49pm:

Your mom has a different opinion.

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #144 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:27am
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:23am:
Leslie, way to back peddle. You called me an asshole then edited it to tone it down before I could quote you. If your going to play on this playground you can't eat the chicken salad. Leslie you need to put on your big girl panties if your going to insult me. At least be man enough to stick to your guns. If not then go be self serving somewhere else your passive aggressive bullshit flattery posts don't work on me or this crowd. We call it as we see it. Go back to a forum where you can cry to a mod who gives a damn about your hurt feelings and caring means sharing Kum bay ya BS events that are really just all about you.

Haha really? I was trying to be a bit more respectful. I still think you're being an asshole, but I have my limits. Its not my MO to attack peeps who don't deserve it.  You brought up a good point man, I'm trying to fix it now.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #145 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:28am
Print Post  
In reference

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1292203084/100

That's an entire thread of people with actual interaction with you outside of just forums.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #146 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:28am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:23am:
Oh rehly?

A wrestling term clearly being used in a sexually explicit  sexist remark.

Oh NEVER did i say I was a saint, somebody else did Smiley

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #147 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:29am
Print Post  
LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:27am:
Haha really? I was trying to be a bit more respectful. I still think you're being an asshole, but I have my limits. Its not my MO to attack peeps who don't deserve it.  You brought up a good point man, I'm trying to fix it now.

An asshole? Fuck you. Someone should of fixed your mother before you came along.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #148 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:36am
Print Post  
LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:28am:
Oh NEVER did i say I was a saint, somebody else did Smiley

So you do offer little boys and women in game, wrestling practice. Creepy pedo

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #149 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:28am:
In reference

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1292203084/100

That's an entire thread of people with actual interaction with you outside of just forums.

We discussed that thread earlier. The thread was a complete fabrication. Peachie was kicked out of my guild in a day and a half for being a complete disruption. Sirea was pissed that her husband got her banned for using her account.  She hated that I laughed at them, when she tried to defend why she thought it was ok to cheat. So that was her motive.  I wasnt very nice to exploiters back in the day, and Im still not. I just have different motivations now.  Laughing at exploiters getting busted is simply not one of my joys anymore.  Last 5 years its just been about my guild.

I do laugh at some of the rejects on this site though... trying so hard to make a story out of NOTHING.
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:58am by LeslieWest_GG »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
Send TopicPrint