Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) This guy is so selfless. I mean, a real saint. (Read 56289 times)
rest
One Man Wolfpack

Re: This guy is so selfless. I mean, a real saint.
Reply #50 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 12:18am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 8:55pm:
Then again, Didn't Gawna get kicked off this forum for being her own special brand of, "special"?

Nope.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 12:20am
Print Post  
yabba

IP Logged

CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Reply #52 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 8:44am
Print Post  
dabb

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #53 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
badoo ?

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Goaticorn
DQ Assaulter

Reply #54 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 8:55pm:
Anyway, he might be a bad person (and i don't personally watch or read his posts on the DDO forums ever). But the bringing of attention to a good cause (increased access to fun games for people who are disabled) is commendable in it's own right.

I'm with you on the bringing attention to a good cause, if it were anyone else I would agree that the person in question is commendable. 

This is LWGG, who from what I can tell only does this kind of shit to make himself look good.  It's like the people who do something nice for someone else and rather than let the good feeling be, they brag to everyone for weeks about how great an action it was.  It is the kind of action that makes people uncomfortable because it is a form of narcissistic self promotion.  There was a tag line I read on a blog somewhere "Charity ain't charity if you brag about it. It is public masturbation."  And from what I can tell, he doesn't actually do any sort of charity, just holds very public "events" in a god damned video game.  Is that really doing anything for anyone but him?

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he was diagnosed as an aberrant self-promoter. 

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Ok, so this thread has succeeded in pulling me back to this hell hole. I feel its time I set the record straight on a few things stated here that are just not true. Believe it or not, this time around I'm planning for this to be a bit friendlier than my first trip here.

I have been always been fodder for some in game and some on this site.  I have more then once gotten someone banned for showing their asscheeks, or exploiting ingame. And I have laughed about it.  And I took no prisoners.

I have recently had a change of heart of DDO, Turbine, and on the playerbase. In the passed five years, I've been much more exclusive to Tyrs Paladium, my guild. The stories in this thread are hilarious, because they are untrue. I'll try to address them one by one, as best I can.

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #56 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Don't forget to join the Astraghal club and threaten to sue us, that'll put us on the up-and-up.

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm disabled.  Fuck Leslie.  He has no interest in actually helping,  only making himself look good.  He really really needs to go DIAF

I'm sorry to hear this. I believe the harsh language above your post up to yours is misguided. You don't know me, and I understand that.  Think you need to take a step back and realize what site you are a member of. I can assure you I have no interest in making myself look good.  I gave up that idea during a high school dance  when I was told Noooooooo. Haha.  I am what I am. If people dont like it, tough shit.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #58 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 2:26pm:
  I am a wannabe.

Fixed.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #59 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 2:32pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Neru wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 12:45am:
The fact that he starts the video off by introducing himself by his in game names of each game as well as what guild he is a part of... gives me the impression that he's just seeking to promote his own reputation - a true asshole.

I did introduce myself.  As well as my guild. I used to be a DJ back in college.  WARY  88.1 the Station from Hell back in my college days. I'm recently hosted a podcast for Neverwinter. Im used to IDing myself. I dont really see the harm. If I didnt ID myself, most peeps on our forum would know who it was anyway.  We all have forum signatures, well most of us do anyway.  I dont see the difference really.

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Jackknife of Sarlona wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 1:32pm:
Yeah, he is a dumbass. My brother is on his third tour of Afghanistan right now, and I'm sure he and his friends are deeply moved by LWGG's annual tribute to the vets in a fucking videogame. If he truly wanted to show his support, he should go to his local VFW and buy a round of drinks.

The only thing he is ever correct about is that the real Leslie West is a great guitar player.

I actually do. In fact I get many of them homes through the VA loan programs. Ive saved a few homes as well. And yes, I have failed to help some stay in their homes. But I love what I do, and try to help where I can.

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 1:59pm:
i'll bite: how did he become disabled

Dude, Im not disabled. Well, I have carpal tunnel now in my left wrist and nerve damage in my pinky finger, (jokes sure to follow... come on.. I can take it).  But seriously, the thread is trying to help those in far more need of accessibility as me.

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 2:11pm:
Does the fact that he does it not out of altruism, but merely to make himself seem like a good person not matter? Everything I've heard about this guy's in-game interaction with people, especially women, makes him out to be a real fucking creep piece of shit.

He's like a serial rapist who volunteers at a soup kitchen.

LOL!!  Come on dude, really?  Where do you get this shit from?  Im married 2 kids, and take care of a relative.  Work hard to put food on table them. Just like many others do. But Im better than noone else,  man.

My interaction to some exploiters years ago (Sirea her husband cerialkiller, certain guilds known for exploitation, absolutely I was an asshole to them.) To all else in game... I have been a pretty positive force for the two guilds Ive been in, Old Timers Guild and Tyrs Paladium. I have fun when I play.

Sirea and Peechie were two women that have spread complete misinformation about me on here.  Again it was years ago, but a few hold onto their BS like it actually happened.  Nothing could be further from the truth, and if it were true, a single screenshot would have surfaced somewhere. You'll never see one though. Because they were lies.
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2013 at 2:48pm by LeslieWest_GG »  

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

Reply #64 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 2:32pm:
I used to be a DJ back in college.  WARY  88.1 the Station from Hell back in my college days.

One of my best friend's cousins was a DJ that was killed during a Veteran's Day rave meltdown.  Please, let us remember those DJs who have fought the good fight. 

I'm sure we've all lost someone during a rave meltdown.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #65 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 2:53pm
Print Post  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

Reply #66 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Leslie, are you still asking girls to wrestle with you?

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1292203084

Quote:
Also, he has apparently set off a lot of "creep" alarms on Ghallanda because in the past he's directly or indirectly asked several female players to "wrestle" with him.

How does your wife feel about that?

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 4:40pm:
Ok, since you asked...

Leslie had a GF he treated VERY poorly. Whether he physically abused her or cheated on her it doesn't matter.

What matters is she got REALLY pissed at him and poisoned him. As a result he suffered some major bodily damage (think nerve or muscular damage) and he's lost the use of one side of his body.

Karma is a bitch as they say.

Edited:
Ooh, 8192nd post! Cool!

Edited:
Edit #2...rest is, as usual, correct. See his post a few posts down. I misremembered who it was that got poisoned. Sorry all.

Hahaha.  My #1 fan. Arafatkat the Minister of Bullshit himself.

So you read Peechies/Sireas BS ...  took it at face value.  I hate to breake it to you.  It never happened.

What did happen? You are talking about ONE meeting where I laughed at Ceriel for cheating while on sireas account, getting HER banned. It was during the summer of 2009 when lots got banned. She cried in her kitchen and was furious I laughed at her. She said she would tell everyone how big of a dick I was. I take full responsibility for laughing at them, but honestly, I  dont regret it.

As for Peechie she was a guildie for a day and a half. She was so drunk she couldnt even walk her character straight. That wasnt a problem.  What was a problem, was her conversation.  I will not go into what was discussed.  She was going through some bad times. I tried to help her, she lashed out.  I cant say a bad word about her.  I do hope she got help, that was all I was guilty of there.  I hope she's in a happy place now.

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
FakeStrake wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 6:38pm:
Re: Arkat's edit

Now who has the REAL story, Dude?

Neither story are anywhere NEAR the truth.

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 2:26pm:
Don't forget to join the Astraghal club and threaten to sue us, that'll put us on the up-and-up.

LOL!  Sue?  Im not up to date on Astraghal. This is just a graveyard run by losers who've cheated and exploited the game, and promoted such. Its far easier to keep the site open and nail the idiots who are dumb enough to discuss exploits here, like Turbine doesnt have accounts here.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #70 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
well he's such an awesome guy and he said it, so why don't we just believe lesliewest_guitargobbler's story guys?

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:01pm:
Leslie, are you still asking girls to wrestle with you?

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1292203084

That never happened.  If you have a screen shot then lets see it.  That thread was complete fallacy.

How does your wife feel about that?

She knows full well I would never enter into such conversation. She usually is right next to me when I play. There is ZERO creep, ZERO stalking.  Everyone who knows me in game knows full well its game time when I play.  I have run exclusively with OTG and Tyrs for years.  We just have fun man... 

Theres just no story there man, sorry to disappoint.
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:16pm by LeslieWest_GG »  

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #72 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
I don't really care to verify who is telling the truth since it's all hearsay without screenshots. I do, however, appreciate you having the balls to stand up for yourself here, Leslie.

Can you kindly tone down on the Veteran's day parade? Some vets don't seem all that behind it. I would much rather the time spent through community service or donations to show real appreciation.

Your post on disabled gamers, that I can support. I watched the video, that young man lives a very full life.

IP Logged

Bacara
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
I have to ask, who let this guitar god idiot propagate?

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
kierg10 wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:13pm:
well he's such an awesome guy and he said it, so why don't we just believe lesliewest_guitargobbler's story guys?

It's all good. I am quite comfortable in my skin. I dont consider myself awesome, or a centimeter more important than anyone. 

I've been working heavily on my guild the past 5 years. Look on the forums.  Our guild promo thread is #1 as far as most hits in Ghallanda, maybe the game.  I spend my time on the forums speaking with and recruiting those I think would fit in well with us.

Yeah, I've been an ass to exploiters in the past, I'll fully admit that. But I've been busy running a guild and enjoying my gametime.  Well up until 2 years ago. I've had many of the same feelings many of you have with the game.

So its my hope after this thread, I'll be welcomed to share my discontent, and learn ways how I can manage still keep logging in and have fun. If not, I will move on..
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:33pm by LeslieWest_GG »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Send TopicPrint