Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) This guy is so selfless. I mean, a real saint. (Read 56953 times)
rest
One Man Wolfpack

Re: This guy is so selfless. I mean, a real saint.
Reply #75 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
How come you didn't just log in your wezergistan account?

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Sham wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:28pm:
I don't really care to verify who is telling the truth since it's all hearsay without screenshots. I do, however, appreciate you having the balls to stand up for yourself here, Leslie.

Can you kindly tone down on the Veteran's day parade? Some vets don't seem all that behind it. I would much rather the time spent through community service or donations to show real appreciation.

Your post on disabled gamers, that I can support. I watched the video, that young man lives a very full life.

I plan on it next year. We may not even form. I enjoy making the videos and raising awareness, but if the message gets lost because of me, was it really worth the effort?

Now, the answer to me is yes.  The veterans that show every year make me feel there is great value to what it is we do. That's why I've continue to do the events. However, I may take it private, or at least much more limited in scope, and just post our videos after they are complete.  That's the way we did it the first two years.

Thanks for saying some good thangs.
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2013 at 7:07pm by LeslieWest_GG »  

IP Logged

AngryKobold
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:08pm:
LOL!  Sue?  Im not up to date on Astraghal. This is just a graveyard run by losers who've cheated and exploited the game, and promoted such. Its far easier to keep the site open and nail the idiots who are dumb enough to discuss exploits here, like Turbine doesnt have accounts here.

Leslie,

I am going to be honest with you - I honestly thought you were doing good work and trying to create awareness (which I appreciate - mostly deaf here and voice chat blows in games like DDO). Yes some guys flammed you on here (who cares its a Troll lair) and seems like some people play on your server here (I dont).

But then you get on here to defend your rep... you seem to be very aware of this site, been here before, seem to believe you know what its all about.

So how the fuck did you know this thread was here, and if you really are trying to do a cause, why are you wasting your time defending yourself here. Its a troll lair.

So stupid acting like an idiot, put your ego back in your pants, if its vicious lies on here ignore them. Go focus on your cause.... if it really is about your ego than go on - keep making yourself look like an idiot on here. You are doing just fine!!!

IP Logged

Goaticorn
DQ Assaulter

Reply #78 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:33pm:
I dont consider myself awesome, or a centimeter more important than anyone. 

Not awesome?

LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:33pm:
Our guild promo thread is #1 as far as most hits in Ghallanda

Or #1 most awesome?

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
AngryKobold wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:41pm:
Leslie,

I am going to be honest with you - I honestly thought you were doing good work and trying to create awareness (which I appreciate - mostly deaf here and voice chat blows in games like DDO). Yes some guys flammed you on here (who cares its a Troll lair) and seems like some people play on your server here (I dont).

But then you get on here to defend your rep... you seem to be very aware of this site, been here before, seem to believe you know what its all about.

So how the fuck did you know this thread was here, and if you really are trying to do a cause, why are you wasting your time defending yourself here. Its a troll lair.

So stupid acting like an idiot, put your ego back in your pants, if its vicious lies on here ignore them. Go focus on your cause.... if it really is about your ego than go on - keep making yourself look like an idiot on here. You are doing just fine!!!

What's your point?  Of course I know about the site. We run a no drama no zerg guild, I've used the site for info on scumbags for years....  I have pretty tough skin. its all good Wink

However times have changed.  I am not on that mission any longer.  I was for sure a "paladin" on the forums for Turbine.  That was probably up to 2009.  For a few years I focused solely on my bard builds, and helping people build unique toons. I still do on occasion.

But the last few years the community has really suffered due to incompetence on WBs part. I still have respect for Turbine, but they are really hamstrung by money-hungry WB. Sure profit is all that matters, but when you get greedy, you loose the whole purpose.  I think thats where Turbine is right now.

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Goaticorn wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:49pm:
Not awesome?

Or #1 most awesome?

Haha.   It is what it is man. Im proud of my guild. But we are a very low key guild.  We have a lot of talent, but we dont compete with anyone  or claim to be awesome of the best at anything.  We just play the game.

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #81 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:37pm:

Haha...  yeah that was me.  Who the hell knows what my password is.

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #82 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
I would much rather the time spent through community service or donations to show real appreciation.

Oh, missed this earlier.  I do in fact donate my time and money in real life. I am not made of money by any means, but I love to volunteer.  What I do on the forums is an extension of that.

Next year Im going to donate my time to ablegamers.  These people are great. I've already donated money.

Woundedwarriorsproject is great.  Theres a few local things I do with the Lions Club, VFW and a local cemetery.  Im big into community.

IP Logged

Goaticorn
DQ Assaulter

Reply #83 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Oh lookie at that, he's proving my point!

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Goaticorn wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 4:12pm:
Oh lookie at that, he's proving my point!

I've mentioned, that I actually try to do in real life what I have asked of others over the years on a game forum, if they could.  That proves a point to you?  Really? Ok, I'm glad.

Sure, Im guilty of that. Ill talk about donating to a healthy cause all day and night if I knew it would help someone.

If I've learned anything about similarities with real life and the forums in relation to raising awareness or donating money, or even helping out a homeless person with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, for every lazy ass (not stating that you are lazy, just in a general sense), there's someone willing to get up and do something for the right reason.

« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2013 at 4:33pm by LeslieWest_GG »  

IP Logged

AngryKobold
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #85 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:51pm:

However times have changed.  I am not on that mission any longer.  I was for sure a "paladin" on the forums for Turbine.  That was probably up to 2009.  

Wow you guys were right, the force of ego and stupidity is strong with this one. And his a raging hypocrite. Please stop helping with my awareness already, I want someone who cares to help people who need it, not who cares because it makes them feel warm and fuzzy inside (or whatever it does to you).  Seriously that post on the motherforums was four days ago, not four years ago. Dont treat us like idiots, I might be a kobold but I know the difference between days and years.

But the last few years the community has really suffered due to incompetence on WBs part. I still have respect for Turbine, but they are really hamstrung by money-hungry WB. Sure profit is all that matters, but when you get greedy, you loose the whole purpose.  I think thats where Turbine is right now.

So you are on here to defend your ego and be part of the cool kids. Um, guess I will say 'hi'

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
AngryKobold wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 4:39pm:
Wow you guys were right, the force of ego and stupidity is strong with this one. And his a raging hypocrite. Please stop helping with my awareness already, I want someone who cares to help people who need it, not who cares because it makes them feel warm and fuzzy inside (or whatever it does to you).  Seriously that post on the motherforums was four days ago, not four years ago. Dont treat us like idiots, I might be a kobold but I know the difference between days and years.

Raging hipocrate because I like to help people?  Then I do it?  That makes sense.  I would say most people that give their time and money cared - be pretty stupid if they didnt.

I am guilty for saying I give to this or that, most definitely.  But theres no ego involved with it to me. There is a sense of accomplishment, but only after I see positive results.

Is this a really big story?  I dont see it as much.
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2013 at 4:54pm by LeslieWest_GG »  

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
AngryKobold wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 4:39pm:
So you are on here to defend your ego and be part of the cool kids. Um, guess I will say 'hi'

Hahahaha. If you are here looking for "cool people" you are going to be looking for a long time. Most people that have been here long are exploiters and banned forum junkies with multiple accounts so they can hide and convince themselves they are cool. Cheesy~~

Im here because I wanted to set some long ago BS straight.  Also I have changed my stance with DDO in general. And, everyone isnt an asshole here any longer.  Hell, the DDO forums are hurtin'.

So, what the hell are you doing here Kobold?
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2013 at 5:19pm by LeslieWest_GG »  

IP Logged

fuckFoS
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #88 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 5:12pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #89 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
fuckFoS wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 5:12pm:

Cool story, bro.

Thats all you got Mr Anonymous big man?  Kiss
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2013 at 5:17pm by LeslieWest_GG »  

IP Logged

fuckFoS
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
For worthless fucks like you? Yeah, that's about all you're worth.

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
fuckFoS wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 5:22pm:
For worthless fucks like you? Yeah, that's about all you're worth.

Im happy I emit so much emotion from you, princess.

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #92 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
So anyways, if there are any more BS that needs straightening, just holla.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #93 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:58pm:
Haha...  yeah that was me.  Who the hell knows what my password is.

knobgobbler?
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2013 at 5:44pm by raybob »  

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #94 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:37pm:

IKR? Smiley

I would go undercover on ghallanda and check out the sleazeball stuff but I am a tad identifiable on voicechat Wink

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #95 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 6:10pm:
IKR? Smiley

I would go undercover on ghallanda and check out the sleazeball stuff but I am a tad identifiable on voicechat Wink

LOL!  You would be bored out of your mind.  But you are free to hit me up anytime, as for anyone in the thread.

But if you want to blindly believe the horse shit in here, go right on ahead.. Cry Grin I'll live.
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2013 at 6:34pm by LeslieWest_GG »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #96 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 3:08pm:
This is just a graveyard run by losers who've cheated and exploited the game, and promoted such.

I'd say it's rather harsh to judge whether or not someones a loser based on their cheating in a video game.

If not for some of the exploits I know, I'd have quit 2 years ago, not this year.

What does it really bother you if I've found some illicit ways to keep content fresh in a PVE game?

At the end of the day, we're both playing to have fun right?

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #97 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
I don't really care to verify who is telling the truth since it's all hearsay without screenshots. I do, however, appreciate you having the balls to stand up for yourself here, Leslie.

Can you kindly tone down on the Veteran's day parade? Some vets don't seem all that behind it. I would much rather the time spent through community service or donations to show real appreciation.

Your post on disabled gamers, that I can support. I watched the video, that young man lives a very full life.

I can agree with this.

What's your point?  Of course I know about the site. We run a no drama no zerg guild, I've used the site for info on scumbags for years....  I have pretty tough skin. its all good Wink

This I don't really understand......you mean you use it to identify people you might want to avoid or keep an eye on in game? Or do you mean you used it for *detective work for turbine*? Imho even if your strongly against exploiting in the game, I don't think any player should have to take on themselves the job of trying to police the game that way. Thats *turbines* job, things like people who constantly try and rip other people off by dishonest dealings, abusing honour systems like rolls, yeah.
Exploits is turbines problem, if I have an issue with people doing an exploit I will talk to them first about it. Running to turbine to rat imho is the last resort even if I go there, and thats even with people I can't stand for personal reasons and would want to see punished......... I don't know, maybe its a cultural thing, some issues that we would consider *minor* we would solve internally before running to outside authority.
I stayed in boys dorms in high school and yeah it would get pretty rough at times. If we had problems with people stealing we would confront the thief  ourselves or if that didn't work get the head boys and seniors involved. Someone might get a black eye but you would get your stuff back, and the thief would learn his lesson. Some guys would take the bullying too far, one guy who was a 6th former (in his 2nd to last year) was taking it too far with the 3rd 4th formers, half the dorm put him in a big laundry bag and padlocked it, then rolled him down the hill, he wasn't that hurt but he was humiliated and that put him in his place.
And even if it was the seniors and head boys getting out of line they would respect you for standing up for yourself to them right to their face.
Thats what I did in my first year as a 3rd former. I let them know I wouldn't do anything for them out of fear or intimidation only respect. It lead to some confrontations but not once did I back down. I was more than happy enough to put on the gloves at 12 and step in there with 18-19 year olds.
Years later all those seniors still remember me fondly, its funny when I run into some of them, cause they comment that im now bigger than they are. But if I had run crying to a school staff member at the first sign of trouble I would of been held in contempt. The worst people where those who would try and bully others, then when that person stood up for himself and the bully got smashed or humiliated he would run crying to a teacher or someone else. Those people got ostracized and years later still butts of jokes.
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2013 at 7:18pm by NaturalHazard »  

IP Logged

LeslieWest_GG
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #98 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 6:45pm:
I'd say it's rather harsh to judge whether or not someones a loser based on their cheating in a video game.

If not for some of the exploits I know, I'd have quit 2 years ago, not this year.

What does it really bother you if I've found some illicit ways to keep content fresh in a PVE game?

At the end of the day, we're both playing to have fun right?

Very true. Like I said, my motivations have changed recently. I care less if you cheat than I did before.  If you are having fun, more power to ya

However, I still hold firm for those in our guild and the guilds/friends we are aligned with. If someone is caught cheating in our guild - they're gone.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #99 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
LeslieWest_GG wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 6:49pm:
However, I still hold firm for those in our guild and the guilds/friends we are aligned with. If someone is caught cheating in our guild - they're gone.

That's fair.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Send TopicPrint