Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Praise Tolero! (Read 10555 times)
OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Praise Tolero!
Nov 14th, 2013 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
https://twitter.com/producerglin/status/401186152310665216

Really?

Quote:
“@producerglin: Thanks @TurbineTolero for an awesome presentation to the team today on how valuable community feedback is to our continued success!”

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Re: Praise Tolero!
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
It probably went like this:
Quote:
Hey guys!  It sounds like Ghostbane is really, really popular with the playerbase!

IP Logged

[some shit]
Titan Demolisher

Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 12:01am
Print Post  
I don't know what makes me sadder.. the thought that they believe Tolero pays attention to feedback... or the idea that DDO is still successful. It's a dying game damnit.

IP Logged

Legato
Titan Demolisher

I fart in your general
direction!

Reply #3 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 12:30am
Print Post  
they are going to kill the playerbase like this. I literally almost choked laughing!!!

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #4 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 2:22am
Print Post  

They say community feedback is valuable and then they do what..?

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #5 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 2:41am
Print Post  
I know it is Glin, but why Tweet that?
What a twit!

Do they really think they are "in touch" with their community?
It would explain a lot.....

IP Logged

Quak
Dragon Raider

Reply #6 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 4:22am
Print Post  
its kinda odd that they r in need of a "researched", well "thought through" and therefore "awesome" presentation to realize that customer's needs and feedback are the key to success...

well, I hope they learn.. but then again, if they didnt know what the key to success is till now.. kinda hopeless..  Angry

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #7 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 5:02am
Print Post  
Quak wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 4:22am:
its kinda odd that they r in need of a "researched", well "thought through" and therefore "awesome" presentation to realize that customer's needs and feedback are the key to success...

well, I hope they learn.. but then again, if they didnt know what the key to success is till now.. kinda hopeless..  Angry

They think the key to success is to give complainers freebies so they'd shut up.

Meow

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 5:25am
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 5:02am:
They think the key to success is to give complainers freebies so they'd shut up.

Meow

This game sucks ballz!!!!!

Ok can i haz er heart and ottos boxes now ploize?

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #9 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 5:35am
Print Post  
If I want to, I can find a lot of irony in this Tweet. I imagine the following situation:

T: "Hey, the forums don't seem to like Ghostbane."
G: "Yes, we know."
T: "They are really starting to get angry."
G: "YES, we know."
T: "And if they get angry, they might stop playing our game."
G: "YES, WE KNOW."
T: "And if they stop playing our game, they will stop spending their money."
G: "STFU ALREADY" *tweets*

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

doyourealyknow
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 5:56am
Print Post  
Do they want to make jokes of us....

IP Logged

CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Reply #11 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 6:07am
Print Post  
Turdbine was PATHETIC now they're PITIFUL too.

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #12 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 7:34am
Print Post  
praise Tolero? ....... ye, tweet what a CUNT she is and I may let my fat shit praise her.
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2013 at 7:34am by Jelly_Muffin »  

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 8:04am
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Nov 14th, 2013 at 11:46pm:
https://twitter.com/producerglin/status/401186152310665216 Thanks @TurbineTolero for an awesome presentation to the team today on how valuable community feedback is to our continued success!

@ 1:55:00 you can hear Tolero and Jerry listening to the community.

@ 2:01:05 Lurkers are who we listen to!

In short bridge protest fucking stupid. DDO being dismissive of the protest and pretending not to notice even more fucking stupid. Yet another fucking stupid PR move out of DDO. Yep, they got there hands on the pulse of this community just like an EMT double checking a corpse for a pulse.
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2013 at 8:05am by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #14 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 8:04am:
@ 1:55:00 you can hear Tolero and Jerry listening to the community.

@ 2:01:05 Lurkers are who we listen to!

In short bridge protest fucking stupid. DDO being dismissive of the protest and pretending not to notice even more fucking stupid. Yet another fucking stupid PR move out of DDO. Yep, they got there hands on the pulse of this community just like an EMT double checking a corpse for a pulse.

I listened to that whole thing too. I wanted to to grab a chainsaw and go all Texas Massacre in that joint.

Hai wee djon ghet iht.

-Community Teeeem

p.s. Here's free raid loot.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #15 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 9:52am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 2:41am:
Do they really think they are "in touch" with their community?
It would explain a lot.....

Turbine is absolutely certain that they are in touch with the community.

The joke of it is that I'm not making a joke.  They REALLY believe that they are in touch with their community.

The community is Tolero's baby (per the podcast).  When it's in pain, she's not happy.

Tolero filters the community's efforts to communicate and feeds Glin (and presumably others at Turbine) the information that won't harm his fragile developer skin.  Also per the podcast.

This is consistent with Jerry's admission that people at Turbine are reluctant to express their honest impressions of each others' work.

Yet Glin doesn't understand why there's animosity between some of the community and the developer team (per the podcast).

Glin says that some of the disconnect is because the playerbase does not have the same perspective of the game that the Developers have.

It's completely understandable.  If Tolero and Jerry are spoonfeeding him only the bits that are pleasant, why would he think anything needs changed?

EXPERTS

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #16 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 10:23am
Print Post  
The Raiders boxes were a great idea, but giving out CiTW loot was a terrible choice.  As I've mentioned, there were much better options that don't invalidate one of two raids that have loot people still actually want.  Giving away raid loot is always a bad idea.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #17 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 10:23am:
  As I've mentioned, there were much better options that don't invalidate one of two raids that have loot people still actually want.  Giving away raid loot is always a bad idea.

On the hindsight, it was a brilliant idea.... That way we won't have to run Pain in the Navel again.
On the foresight, I would have agreed.... They could have given us something else made just for that.
( if the one making it wasn't Plume de Soleil.)
But still the appeal to being able to avoid running Pain in the Navel is just too precious... I still need to get that precious SoS Shard now... But Running Velah is always fun.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #18 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
The Raider's Box was CITW because that was the raid that the raid completion count fiasco primarily screwed over. I actually got 2 extra 20th CITW lists from them mucking about with completions, but I think more commonly it caused people to miss 20th lists.

IP Logged

CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Reply #19 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 9:52am:
They REALLY believe that they are in touch with their community.

If Tolero and Jerry are spoonfeeding him only the bits that are pleasant, why would he think anything needs changed?

EXPERTS

Jerry is nothing but a fucking fanboi. Hes incompetent and biased. Hes always trying to sweep the shit under the carpet and moderates only those who attack turdbine constantly.
Tolero on the other hand... is a woman. I can understand that kind of attitude from a woman.

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #20 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
I call bullshit.

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #21 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
CanIHazYourStuff wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:58pm:
Tolero on the other hand... is a woman. I can understand that kind of attitude from a woman.

RE: Tolero I'm more interested in the answer to the question 'pizza slice, bread stick, or full blown calzone?'
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2013 at 6:27pm by Yobai »  

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #22 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 6:05am
Print Post  
Turbine is absolutely certain that they are in touch with the community.

The joke of it is that I'm not making a joke.  They REALLY believe that they are in touch with their community.

Yeah, you can see that through some of the truly facepalm decisions they make.

I don't want to waste 2 hours of my life watching that vid, so I appreciate the key points.

The community is Tolero's baby (per the podcast).  When it's in pain, she's not happy.

Whatever.  Maybe she is mistaking the community pain for indigestion?

Tolero filters the community's efforts to communicate and feeds Glin (and presumably others at Turbine) the information that won't harm his fragile developer skin.  Also per the podcast.
This is consistent with Jerry's admission that people at Turbine are reluctant to express their honest impressions of each others' work.

I understand the need for filtering - there is so much chaff in the forums.
But Glin should spend some time browsing every now and again if only to sense the vibe and to make sure Tolero is doing her job properly and not over-filtering.
Glin is out of touch.  As he is purported to have said "only 8 people with max capped destinies." is pretty instructive if true.  Firstly, he was factually incorrect and secondly he was dismissive/insulting of some his most experienced players.
Without any kind of specific insight, my guess is that culture is pretty toxic there.  Small team, ridiculous deadline.  I think they probably also suffer from group think and good news only reporting.
The dismissive comments about the bridge protest were also telling.  If true, then Tolero is incompetent.  Blind Freddy would have known about the bridge protest given all the posts, and Memnir's activities etc.  If false, which I believe it is, then it just shows how disingenuous Turbine is and how stupid they think their customers are.

Yet Glin doesn't understand why there's animosity between some of the community and the developer team (per the podcast).
Glin says that some of the disconnect is because the playerbase does not have the same perspective of the game that the Developers have.

Of course we have different perspective - we're customers!
Customers don't give a crap about code complexity, deadlines, budgets and dev egos.
Customers want value for money, quality and entertainment.  If they don't get it, they go somewhere else.
His role as a Producer is to bridge that gap.  To set the plan/direction, he has to know either:
(a) what customer want (feedback, surveys, reference groups); or
(b) what customer will like (requires creativity/vision/nous and some luck).  This is the surprise factor (eg. MOTU).

Glin's job is then to balance up his resources with his plans and budgets.  You can never do everything - this holds true for any business.  But you take the low hanging fruit and target the most important stuff.  I can only surmise that in his opinion, fixing old bugs is not important.
But removing Exploits has certainly become a priority since Rowan arrived.  Undecided
Unfortunately, this has negative connotations because it sends the message that we don't give a fuck if something disadvantages you, but if it advantages you then we'll move hell and high water to fix it.

It's completely understandable.  If Tolero and Jerry are spoonfeeding him only the bits that are pleasant, why would he think anything needs changed?
EXPERTS

I think it is probably a bit of over-filtering and lack of competence in the role.
Shrugs.  Unfortunately nothing we can do about either.  Except maybe invite him to read the Vault where his peons cannot veto the content.   Smiley
There are some people that enjoy working in their bubbles.

Some good insights though OldCoaly.  Thks.

IP Logged

CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Reply #23 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 8:49am
Print Post  
Its just EXTREMEly DISGUSTING how they make fun of their playerbase. The pathetic bitch was trying to play cool with it but it was pretty clear jerry-the-fanboi was upset the subject was mentioned. Just look how he leans back in the chair...... look at his face.

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #24 - Nov 16th, 2013 at 8:58am
Print Post  
CanIHazYourStuff wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 8:49am:
Its just EXTREMEly DISGUSTING how they make fun of their playerbase. The pathetic bitch was trying to play cool with it but it was pretty clear jerry-the-fanboi was upset the subject was mentioned. Just look how he leans back in the chair...... look at his face.

They are pretty dismissive of the playerbase.

2 hours of watching, though, is a bit much.  I was able to get through listening to it over the course of a couple of long commutes.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint