Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Burden of Guilt - I think FoS has it (Read 20660 times)
notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Burden of Guilt - I think FoS has it
Nov 15th, 2013 at 8:59am
Print Post  
Since his loot was jacked on the forums and here about how bad it is, he tried to defend himself on the forums by claiming it was a management decision that put him to work on fixing the ladders bug.

So, FoS was able to squeeze in the Burden of Guilt so players could no longer have equipped items that they had prior to FoS giving us infinite weapons of Ghostbane, and infinite armors of Retribution.

I will admit Burden of Guilt almost works.  As usual, it was not tested to the limits but to the quality that is expected at Turbine.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Re: Burden of Guilt - I think FoS has it
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 9:23am
Print Post  
I had to drown myself in a pool in house D yesterday. The drowning damage was competing with city regeneration. That was kinda funny. But death overcame.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 9:23am:
I had to drown myself in a pool in house D yesterday. The drowning damage was competing with city regeneration. That was kinda funny. But death overcame.

I heard Hordo has much more efficient ways of dying that he has tested...  Granted they are usually used to pike the rest of a quest, but...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #3 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 9:42am
Print Post  

How about the lava in the twelve enclave..?

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #4 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 9:42am:
How about the lava in the twelve enclave..?

It's hard to say if that would have been faster to get to going there at 10% move speed from where I zoned in. Not counting travel time, obviously lava is better for suicide.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #5 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 10:27am
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 9:28am:
I heard Hordo has much more efficient ways of dying that he has tested...  Granted they are usually used to pike the rest of a quest, but...

I'm in guild with Hordo. 

I was running an EH Von3 the other night and this guy died at the part where the ele's spawn from the lightning

So I grab his soul stone and and head over to disable the force trap on the next lever.  And he says "The shrine is in the other direction."  Thanks to Hordo it never occurred to me that he actually wanted to get rezzed quickly....

IP Logged

Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

Reply #6 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Drowning??

Lava??

Whatever happened to just using /death?  Or are you sick bastards just having fun torturing a digital avatar to death??

Huh

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

Tajuh
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 11:49am:
Drowning??

Lava??

Whatever happened to just using /death?  Or are you sick bastards just having fun torturing a digital avatar to death??

Huh

They disabled /death to stop that bypass.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 11:49am:
Drowning??

Lava??

Huh

/death is going to be disabled in U21 or in one of the patches in U20 (obviously not the first patch).  It was already in one of the Llama builds that were put up since U20, but it isn't there anymore.  The cat is already out of the bag on this one, though.

I think it really sucks since sometimes I use /death to get out of a place where I am stuck and /stuck doesn't always work, but /death ALWAYS does.  Thanks, Turbine.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #9 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Tajuh wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 11:54am:

:|

I take it that's NOT in the release notes? If it is, I can't seem to find it.

Edit: Thanks Pope.
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2013 at 12:01pm by pnellesen »  

IP Logged

Tajuh
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 11:57am:
/death is going to be disabled in U21 or in one of the patches in U20 (obviously not the first patch).  It was already in one of the Llama builds that were put up since U20, but it isn't there anymore.  The cat is already out of the bag on this one, though.

I think it really sucks since sometimes I use /death to get out of a place where I am stuck and /stuck doesn't always work, but /death ALWAYS does.  Thanks, Turbine.

Hmm. I was only on Lamaland to check it out, so thanks for correcting me. Mind's a bit  fuzzy from a all-night session for college work.  Undecided

IP Logged

Expinst
Epic Poster

EU gamer.

Reply #11 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
I have to say when I logged on my lowbie and saw that, I laughed pretty hard.
I like how they fixed it with a bit of a sense of humor in it.

I just took the level 28 gear off and went on as usual, no bid deal.

None of this shit really matters.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #12 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 2:56pm
Print Post  

Bind in the 12.

Die in lava.

Go into delerium to get back sp / hp.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #13 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
/death works here

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Reply #14 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
It sucks to kill yourself everytime you login. Fuck you again, FoShit.

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 4:34pm
Print Post  

Grin

Explains all the people I saw baywatch running.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Var
Korthos Resident

Reply #16 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Phiarlin pendant of time, FTW.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #17 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
you all could stop cheating

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #18 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
Primal scream in a pvp tavern if you have it. Uncleansed shroud items work too.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 9:29pm
Print Post  

Yeah that sucks I use it when im stuck and /stuck dont work, and I use it to get out of reaver refugee faster to go reshipbuff or run something else..................Bunch of muppets fix their own bloody bugs instead of making the game *worse* to play FFS!!!!

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 9:12pm:
you all could stop cheating

I don't understand.

IP Logged

Crunch ButtSteak
Stormreaver Piker

Fer teh lolz

Reply #21 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Tajuh wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 11:54am:

So, let me get this straight:

• They have an error, or bug in their code, and it turns out to be a beneficial to players "feature."
  • They learn of the fault in their code, and can't fix it, so instead incorporate a new, knee-jerk system to "dissuade" players from using the "feature."
  • They then learn that a system that is currently useful, functional, and working as intended can be leveraged as a workaround to their new knee-jerk system, and thusly disable the WAI system.
  • I can now no longer use the WAI system because they can't allocate the adequate resources to the original problem.

That's fucked up.  They've come around full circle-jerk, here.  Their own, poor code drove them to disable a separate, WAI system.  Gods...

So, does this mean I can Buy-Back now?   Angry

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #22 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Crunch ButtSteak wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 9:58pm:

• They have an error, or bug in their code, and it turns out to be a beneficial to players "feature."
  • They learn of the fault in their code, and can't fix it, so instead incorporate a new, knee-jerk system to "dissuade" players from using the "feature."
  • They then learn that a system that is currently useful, functional, and working as intended can be leveraged as a workaround to their new knee-jerk system, and thusly disable the WAI system.
  • I can now no longer use the WAI system because they can't allocate the adequate resources to the original problem.

That's fucked up.  They've come around full circle-jerk, here.  Their own, poor code drove them to disable a separate, WAI system.  Gods...

no it means that soon they will disable 'recall' also.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Crunch ButtSteak wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 9:58pm:

Welcome to the joys of DDO.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #24 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
/death is going to be disabled in U21 or in one of the patches in U20 (obviously not the first patch).  It was already in one of the Llama builds that were put up since U20, but it isn't there anymore.

Or maybe they turned it back on because they realized that /Death, as a typed command, was easier to track than what gear a person was wearing. If they scan the chat logs for use of /death they have a much smaller candidate pool to search for exploiters.

It might be prudent to use drowning or lava even if /death works.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint