Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Burden of Guilt - I think FoS has it (Read 20698 times)
OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Re: Burden of Guilt - I think FoS has it
Reply #75 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
It's too bad that FoS isn't good enough at his job to figure out how the items that he didn't create worked.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

fuckFoS
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
FUCK YOU wrote on Nov 25th, 2013 at 12:49pm:
If they applied shit and THEN checked gear, neither of those (valid) items would have de-equipped, but ML on new FOS'd gear would apply and check properly.

The problem with that apply first then check is that applying shit modifies a lot more stuff so it increases the load and probably leads to even more lag.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #77 - Nov 26th, 2013 at 2:36am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 25th, 2013 at 8:40pm:
It was a constant check and it caused a serious amount of lag, so they removed it.

Actually no, the code is still there and is still being used.
Only when you log-in and at the on-equip event.

What is broken is the Items created or modified by Plume de Soleil and his ML overhaul.
For whatever reason they did not include these checks. ( some still don't, that's why Burden of Guilt )

All the other items were rejected when you tried to equip them, and if you managed to wear one.
( say through UMD ) but if you didn't meet the requirements naked , it was ending in your inventory at login.
That's because from what I've been able to gather, at login, when the character enters the world, it is naked with an empty inventory, then each and every item the character owns is put in the inventory starting with the ones he carries, when you have cycled through enough characters to have a crippled client you see them appear one after the other in the inventory before being put in their right place. if you do not meet the requirements for an item to be worn it stays in the inventory...
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2013 at 2:37am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #78 - Nov 26th, 2013 at 4:29am
Print Post  
If you try to do the exploit now, you will see that the item left in the bank suddenly has no ML anymore. When you then pull it to your inventory, it has an ML again.

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #79 - Nov 26th, 2013 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Quote:
If you try to do the exploit now, you will see that the item left in the bank suddenly has no ML anymore. When you then pull it to your inventory, it has an ML again.

I am almost certain it was always like this. Might be wrong though.

IP Logged

Proudexploiter
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Nov 26th, 2013 at 10:38am
Print Post  
is it still possible to wear high lvl items on char? I mean after you removed them.

IP Logged

FUCK YOU
Korthos Resident

Reply #81 - Nov 26th, 2013 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Absolutely. Feel free to de-equip any item you like. You can just put it back on later.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #82 - Nov 26th, 2013 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Proudexploiter wrote on Nov 26th, 2013 at 10:38am:
is it still possible to wear high lvl items on char? I mean after you removed them.

It's going to depends where you equip it from...
They haven't fixed the Equip from bank bug, they just forced you to first put it in your inventory. ( bank to equip will fail with a message telling you that you cannot do this )
That forces the script that checks if you meet the requirements to run, since the "on equip" version of the script was never broken. It's the "on equip from bank" that was screwed...

There's probably a way to work around how they made the mechanisms since they complexified things instead of fixing the bug.

As for the items you already wear, as long as you don't remove them you will be Feathered by the Burden of Guilt ( yet another stupid and complex mechanism to fix a bug, since the on equip at login is also bugged... )

Why do something the simple way when you can do the complex way ?

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #83 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Proudexploiter wrote on Nov 26th, 2013 at 10:38am:

No problem at all. It still works with most of the gear, also with crafted gear (After U19 crafted gear)

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #84 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 7:07am
Print Post  
All they had to do was check on zoning into a mission and un-equip stuff then. 
who gives a fuck what you wear about town.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #85 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Nov 26th, 2013 at 2:36am:
That's because from what I've been able to gather, at login, when the character enters the world, it is naked with an empty inventory, then each and every item the character owns is put in the inventory starting with the ones he carries, when you have cycled through enough characters to have a crippled client you see them appear one after the other in the inventory before being put in their right place. if you do not meet the requirements for an item to be worn it stays in the inventory...

Your on the right path now.  You can see the same sort of thing happen after a TR (with TR cache and inv) if you throttle your client.

Wait did I indicate that client lag and/or dc can effect items  Lips Sealed
fuck it, its almost holiday exploit bonanaza time

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #86 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 11:08am
Print Post  
There's very little in DDO that a strategically timed disconnect can't mess up.

IP Logged

RynD
Korthos Resident

Beholder the Pumpkin!

Reply #87 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Nov 26th, 2013 at 1:58pm:
It's going to depends where you equip it from...
They haven't fixed the Equip from bank bug, they just forced you to first put it in your inventory. ( bank to equip will fail with a message telling you that you cannot do this )
That forces the script that checks if you meet the requirements to run, since the "on equip" version of the script was never broken. It's the "on equip from bank" that was screwed...

There's probably a way to work around how they made the mechanisms since they complexified things instead of fixing the bug.

As for the items you already wear, as long as you don't remove them you will be Feathered by the Burden of Guilt ( yet another stupid and complex mechanism to fix a bug, since the on equip at login is also bugged... )

Why do something the simple way when you can do the complex way ?

So is the trick now to take the item from bank to inventory then to body? or is it bank to body to inventory while DCed?

IP Logged

Dullknife
Merkinspotter

Reply #88 - Dec 2nd, 2013 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Nov 30th, 2013 at 11:08am:
There's very little in DDO that a strategically timed disconnect can't mess up.

It was good of turbine to point that out for all to see during a certain halloween festival a couple years back  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint