Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) New loot dev (Read 6383 times)
NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

New loot dev
Nov 15th, 2013 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/430627-An-introduction-you-can-call-me...

Quote:
Happy Friday, everyone. I’d like to introduce myself as a bit of a new dev face on the forums. First, it’s about time I quit lurking, and second, I’m putting on an additional hat on the DDO team. What hat is that? In a word: loot. I’m here to listen to you and to keep my eyes on the big picture. Yes, that includes avoiding Ghostbane-situations.

So in the name of listening rather than blathering on and on, I’d like to ask you all a few questions as a sort of pulse-check on the state of loot. Go on and fill up the thread – I’ll check back in after the weekend (and a bit today, as schedule permits), with head-nods, follow-up questions, and answers where necessary.

- Aside from the diversity issue, what are the biggest problems with random loot, today?
- What weapon and equipment types do you feel are underserved in named and in random loot?
- I’d love to hear about some of the non-named loot your character’s are currently wearing.

(In the future, I’m planning some similar question sessions about named loot and named loot systems, BTW.)

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Re: New loot dev
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Dear Dr. Poot,

Why is it that "exotic" weapons are more common than basic weapons, i.e. why the fuck are half my drops dwarven axes and bastard swords, even when I'm playing an arcane?

GooFY

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
I hope he is terrible at his job* so we get some decent fucking loot.

*As opposed to some people who are good at their job and make fucking terrible decisions.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #3 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Omg, they finally took FOS off of loot.

*Breaths exasperated sigh of relief*

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:29pm:

Don't he's probably on quest design now or something else he can destroy now.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #5 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:29pm:
Omg, they finally took FOS off of loot.

He seems to have his head up his ass to about random being a good thing.  I expect nothing better from this new guy.

IP Logged

doyourealyknow
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
lets see if we get som heal amp gear back and some better throwing shurikens then the wheloon crap

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #7 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
About fucking time...

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Wonder if someone with authority at Turdbine took offense at FoS throwing his manager and coworkers under the bus in his Friday night post?

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #9 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Don't he's probably on quest design now or something else he can destroy now.

Yeah, I think he did move over that way.  If he must be there, I'd rather him be in quest design as opposed to class building.  His additions to the monk class for example have added injury to insult in relation to any non Shiradi casting build anywhere.

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:38pm:
Wonder if someone with authority at Turdbine took offense at FoS throwing his manager and coworkers under the bus in his Friday night post?

Logged in just to hear about this. What happened?

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:40pm:
Logged in just to hear about this. What happened?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/430045-Dear-Feather-of-Sun/page2#post5...

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/430045-Dear-Feather-of-Sun#post5162702

I remember reading a post last Friday that was considerably less carefully worded. Not sure if it got deleted/edited, or if my memory sucks due to old age.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #12 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:38pm:

Well his last week posts regarding item developments really sounded fishy for me, for me they felt like somebody trying to cover his ass one way or another.

I just hope this new one is not a sockpuppet....

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Reply #13 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Another moron to screw up DDO.

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #14 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Good thing for him: it will be really easy to fill FoS' shoes. Just don't fuck things up any worse, and he'll be beloved by many.

Bad thing for him: Thanks to FoS' "good job" befuckery, loot sentiment is running very negative right now, and it'll take a lot to course-correct.

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #15 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
it looks like Plume de Soleil has been Crucibled.
( I'm almost done with my bottle of wine now... and not that does not mean I'm roaring drunk, just slightly drunk... Proof is I can still type )

IP Logged

JustOneGuy
Korthos Resident

Reply #16 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Read carefully.  Nothing says this new guy is designing new loot.  For all that says, he's to loot what Squeak is for lama - manages community feedback, feeds it to the people who do design loot.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #17 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
They can't keep Plume de Soleil and his Ego along with a loot community manager...

It's too expensive for a 8 year old Game that probably has less than 10 Devs working on it.

IP Logged

Legato
Titan Demolisher

I fart in your general
direction!

Reply #18 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
But FoS created so much drama with his crappy design decisions, if things really improve, it's not going to be the same, is it? Sad

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #19 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
We'll cope... don't worry.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
They took FoS out because forums mass spammed ghostbane every thread. He did try to cover himself but too late. He decided he wanted to revamp loot tables. FoS thought he could have enough time to solo the project. IDK why, and to me it seemed fine as it was. The new design is still there waiting to be inplemented just not top priority.

Random Loot isn't something they can directly profit on. He didnt finish it because they needed staff on product they can sell directly right now. They hire freakshows and Jerry... They really need people. They'll take anyone... Please help them.

The new guy will simply implement the rest of FoS unfinished plan rather than start a new. Newloot Dev attracts the forum attention. Gaming companies do this often sometimes they move the staff to other product lines in their name. Then have them come back in year or two. A new face fools everyone.
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2013 at 5:09pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

doyourealyknow
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
îts just the next rat want to be the captain, if they want to improve nice things they are mostly stopt by the boss or it to expensive to write a programm. so mostly nothing is chanigng

they need a new head so they get new time form the palyers
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2013 at 5:06pm by doyourealyknow »  

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Legato wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 4:59pm:
But FoS created so much drama with his crappy design decisions, if things really improve, it's not going to be the same, is it? Sad

Their willingness to fix bugs equals that their will always be drama from enraged barbarian forum paladins.  (They found a way to be lawful with a barbarian splash,  they are the true exploiters)

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #23 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Put FoS in charge of random NPC dialogue.  Not meaningful ones, just the ones who stand around the harbor and such.

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #24 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 5:06pm:
The new guy will simply implement the rest of FoS unfinished plan rather than start a new. Newloot Dev attracts the forum attention. Gaming companies do this often sometimes they move the staff to other product lines in their name. Then have them come back in year or two. A new face fools everyone.

What evidence is there that the 'new dev' is anything more than a new alt for FoS? 

the "Dr. Loot" thread sounds like something geeky enough and self-aggrandizing enough to be written by that Fostard.  it's also another 'let's talk' placebo diversion designed to temporarily placate the forum polloi who think their feedback will be listened to THIS TIME.
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2013 at 6:18pm by Yobai »  

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint