Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Screams and wails have started about ED twists aga (Read 22433 times)
Dhalgren
Big Sexy

I Love Drama!

Re: Screams and wails have started about ED twists aga
Reply #25 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 6:01am
Print Post  
When I see someone using these things at low levels, part of me thinks "yeah, how much do you suck that you need to use that at low levels?"

The other part of me thinks "well, I'm using ship buffs too".

But mostly when I see someone primal screaming at level 4 or so I think "that dude probably couldn't make it without".

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 6:01am
Print Post  
Fukin muppets. The number of bugs in this game and they want to champion twists.
They don't even know half the shit they spit out.
Like, has he never been here?

Chai will do it over anything. Chai and Qhualor both will.

Remember the fix HoX threads Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Those 2 filled graphic novels on why cheaters wanted easy HoX loot \. No, they both did...and all other types of random stupid shit that will hurt your head from eye rolls so deep.

But completely ignore the fact that like 42 other exploits either do it better or are on another level of brokeness. As a matter of fact one could- at that very exact same time- do it w/o fury in another ED and still solo it. But Chai and Qhualor both went on and on about fury and how it ruins the game and evil people are playing mmos

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 6:10am
Print Post  
Dhalgren wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 6:01am:
When I see someone using these things at low levels, part of me thinks "yeah, how much do you suck that you need to use that at low levels?"

But mostly when I see someone primal screaming at level 4 or so I think "that dude probably couldn't make it without".

And, Good for you?
When I see this post, I think "you're retarded"

Then another part of me thinks "you're even more retarded"

But mostly I think "you're just very retarded"

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #28 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 7:03am
Print Post  
I never understood why ship buffs weren't tied to character level, limited by magnitude and/or quantity. I'd be all for something like 1 ship buff slot per level, with a Twist of Fate type interface. They get stronger as you gain levels, similar to Augments. Maybe charge for extra slots?

IP Logged

Grumlee
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 7:17am
Print Post  
Dhalgren wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 6:01am:

When I see someone using these things at low levels, part of me thinks "This guy wants to zerg though low lvls, and so do I"
The other part of me thinks  "This guy wants to zerg though low lvls, and so do I"
But mostly when I see someone primal screaming at level 4 or so I think "This guy wants to zerg though low lvls, and so do I"

IP Logged

[some shit]
Titan Demolisher

Reply #30 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 7:36am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 6:10am:
And, Good for you?

You... I like you.

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #31 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Meh, I would have mobbed the fucking map just the same with or without Primal Scream and regardless of my class - whether it be spells or cleaves, difference is mere seconds.

Ship buffs bother me more because it put a dent on the learning curve for newbies. It's a different story for some veterans who already passed the learning phases, but...

Allowing a complete newbie to rely solely on ship buffs for their resist energies turns them into noobs as they never learn to be self sufficient by carrying resist equipment to toggle Or resist/cure potions to chug. More importantly they never learn to prioritize enemies. They don't realize the dangers of an Elite Kobold Shaman's Lightning damage and thus don't learn the basic strategy of "Kill the caster first". They never learn the usefulness of simple tactics like Trip the shaman. That's just a few of many examples.

Ship buffs hurt the learning curve and that is a nastier impact than Twisting will ever offer.

Turbine is aware of the issue and they made it clear it isn't a priority. They'll fix it when they fix it. If you have problems with it then don't play with people who use it.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #32 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Honestly, I think people are just overreacting on this one.

An exploit? Sure, probably is. But if devs thought it was so bad, it would have been fixed already. Like duping and the bans.

Ruining the game? Oh please. If you don't like people using them just make "no twists" groups like those fucking casuals making "no zerging" groups and I'll leave you alone.

The only difference twists make to me is completing stuff faster. I would have still pulled tons of mobs and murdered them all with cleaves or spells had I not been using Primal Scream or whatever else, as I did long before the bug was discovered. Or just invis'ed through the stupid quest.

There's barely any heroic quests that are challenging anyway, so it's not like they help me complete stuff I wouldn't have completed without them.

They made whatever I already did faster, and that's it.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #33 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
I think the hilarity in this debate shines brightest when people claim those twisting could not complete the journey from 1-20 without them.

Anyone I know who is twisting has more TR's than I do across my toons.  They level twice as fast as well.  And were doing so long before ED Twists existed.

IP Logged

fuckFoS
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Neru wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 11:06am:
Ship buffs bother me more because it put a dent on the learning curve for newbies.

Allowing a complete newbie to rely solely on ship buffs for their resist energies turns them into noobs as they never learn to be self sufficient by carrying resist equipment to toggle Or resist/cure potions to chug. More importantly they never learn to prioritize enemies. They don't realize the dangers of an Elite Kobold Shaman's Lightning damage and thus don't learn the basic strategy of "Kill the caster first". They never learn the usefulness of simple tactics like Trip the shaman. That's just a few of many examples.

Ship buffs hurt the learning curve and that is a nastier impact than Twisting will ever offer.

QFT. I've said countless times that the elemental ship buffs should scale with level, but the minimal amount of code they'd need to add is apparently too much for turbine.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #35 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
It's not different than having a blue bar TR partner if you wanna get a melee PL.
"Casters are OP in heroics" oh be glad they are, who else would carry your gimpy toons through quests.
Doesn't help the EE dc situation , but sure fun to read about lol.
Fireball, DBF, BB, and 38 necro in IQ is no different to twists.
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2013 at 2:36pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #36 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
More twists posts, more advertising for EDs and epic levels=increase sale.
Per Turbine history, sell 'em till you saturate, then proceed with nerf. That is when they will fix this.

Look at madness rings, challenges, etc.

IP Logged

lostinthebios
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Hey, it happened when people complained about mummy rot.

IP Logged

Dhalgren
Big Sexy

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 2:19pm:
I think the hilarity in this debate shines brightest when people claim those twisting could not complete the journey from 1-20 without them.

Anyone I know who is twisting has more TR's than I do across my toons.  They level twice as fast as well.  And were doing so long before ED Twists existed.

Mostly it's a matter of meh--why bother? If it's making much of a difference to how things go pre-20, there are probably other ways players could go about upping their game that the devs won't be trying to fix.

IP Logged

Dhalgren
Big Sexy

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 6:10am:
And, Good for you?

Oh snap, I got tol'.

Dude, you throw insults at a 6th-grade level. Around here, that just ain't going to cut it.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Dhalgren wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 5:52pm:
Oh snap, I got tol'.

Dude, you throw insults at a 6th-grade level. Around here, that just ain't going to cut it.

Neither is you telling me oh snap i got tol and it aint gonna cut it. Dik head.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #41 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Dhalgren wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 5:50pm:
Mostly it's a matter of meh--why bother? If it's making much of a difference to how things go pre-20, there are probably other ways players could go about upping their game that the devs won't be trying to fix.

Said like a true clueless flower-sniffer. Anything that shaves any amount of time off a TR is worthwhile once you've been through a few. And nothing shaves times off a TR like speeding through quests until you have enough alert to slow you down and then nuking it all with a twist.

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #42 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Dhalgren wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 5:50pm:
Mostly it's a matter of meh--why bother?

Short answer: Why not?

Long answers:
Because it saves seconds and cumulatively those seconds become minutes - minutes become hours.

Because it is fun. Who doesn't want to summon a succubus at heroic levels? And it's not even anywhere near as overpowered as other legitimate summons like that Air Elemental summon from crystal cove.

Because it is convenient. And if twists ever get removed, it won't affect us one bit. It just means I'll go back to heal scrolling (which I still carry) the party instead of using Rejuvenation Cocoon.

Incidentally, I've been called an exploiter far more often for having UMD than any other reason.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #43 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
METEOR SWARM BITCHES, SUCK IT!

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Anyone can be OP with 3 monk levels...

Step 1: Level 3 Monk
Step 2: Dark monk feat
Step 3: Take woo-woo enhancement and spend 7 AP in Ninja tree
Step 4: Take first 3 core abilities in Ninja tree
Step 5: AC bonus, fast movement, self-invis, woo-woo, and evasion
Step 6: Profit

Who needs twists?

Saal Smiley

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Saaluta wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 7:41pm:
Anyone can be OP with 3 monk levels...

Step 1: Level 3 Monk
Step 2: Dark monk feat
Step 3: Take woo-woo enhancement and spend 7 AP in Ninja tree
Step 4: Take first 3 core abilities in Ninja tree
Step 5: AC bonus, fast movement, self-invis, woo-woo, and evasion
Step 6: Profit

Who needs twists?

Saal Smiley

Hensin tier 5 and ninja spy shadow veil are both lv 6 monk abilities. Also 10 ap min for shadow veil. henshin is only good for laughing at your friends with neg levels on EE 300k hp bosses. They store the Negs and stack them. Releasing an aoe neg bomb w x amount of charges.

IP Logged

[some shit]
Titan Demolisher

Reply #46 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Neru wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 7:14pm:
Incidentally, I've been called an exploiter far more often for having UMD than any other reason.

Are you serious?

IP Logged

Braegan
Korthos Resident

I Love Stuff!

Reply #47 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
I just want it fixed at some point so I don't have to read another bitchy thread about the subject ever again.

Please note, fix could be either direction, I don't care so long as I don't have to read another bitchfit post on the topic.

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #48 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 7:45pm:
henshin is only good for laughing at your friends with neg levels on EE 300k hp bosses. They store the Negs and stack them. Releasing an aoe neg bomb w x amount of charges.

I remember accidentally triggering that on a shroud pug and everyone thought the portals in part 1 were neg leveling them. I didn't realize it was me who was causing it until like the 4th time i did it Cheesy

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
They can scream and wail all they want........all they are achieving is providing others with entertainment. Their precious turdbine didn't fix it, people are going to use it and there is not much anyone other than turbine can do about it, except howl and wail and say how much its destroying the game............I wont pug anymore!!! Cause of twists!!!! no loss there.........

Use their brains its been around forever, it must be super low on the priority list, if at all, lets wait and see hmm how long it really takes to fix? 2 years and counting yet?  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin.

I don't give a crap one way or the other if it gets fixed or not, anyone with half a brain can complete elite heroic content, oh it might take 10-30 seconds longer per quest so what? I don't think there are many people who are now going to *suck* without twists............those people suck so bad that by the time they got to the mid to higher levels twists aint going to be saving their butts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint