Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Screams and wails have started about ED twists aga (Read 22449 times)
Vanshilar
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Screams and wails have started about ED twists aga
Reply #50 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
The most amusing part was when they quoted Turbine explicitly saying it's not working as intended, such as here:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/430667-ED-twist-exploit-was-not-fixed-...

For my point, it's worth quoting Turbine in full:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/425263-Cheating-is-rampant-whats-the-p...

"This is not working as intended, and will be changed. While I appreciate the passionate discussion, I think it's best to close the thread now."

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/425853-ED-abuse-in-Heroics-is-getting-...

"We have already stated that this is not working as intended and will be fixed.

We also have more than enough threads already about this topic, so no need for another one."

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/426859-Please-don-t-use-ED-exploit-at-...

"Please don't rehash old, closed arguments. As previously stated, this is not working as intended, and will be addressed."

Turbine said it's not WAI and to stop making threads about it, but guess what part of that does the "not WAI! exploit!" crowd choose to ignore? Especially those that choose to ignore Turbine's explicit forum rule on this:

"14. Do not re-post or quote any materials which violate the Community Guidelines. This includes re-posting a thread or topic which has been previously closed or removed by the Turbine Community Team."

The question that I would have for all the forum paladins, especially those that like to quote Turbine, is that since Turbine has already closed threads on this topic and said they don't need further ones, how do these people justify continuing to make new threads and posts about this same topic, including quoting Turbine saying not to make more posts about it?

Especially since it's not as if Turbine is receiving input from a wide swath of the community or a wide swath of even just the forum-goers. Instead, the thread is dominated by just a few people. I sort of wish there were some sort of "spam" rule, where you cannot post in a thread if you've already posted X number of times, or if you exceed a certain percentage of the posts (obvious exception for various conditions such as if you're the OP or if there's too few posts thus far in the thread). For example, in the renown thread, about 2/3 of all posts in that thread were from the same 10 people, and a single person made over 10% of all the posts in that thread. That's right -- in a thread with over 4000 posts, over 400 of them were from the same poster. At some point Turbine should step in and establish some sort of "spam" rule since many of the people posting were just restating the same points over and over, but obviously they don't and let the same forum posters spam other posts out of existence. Turbine has let themselves establish that spamming the same posts over and over on the DDO forums is a valid method of discussion.

IP Logged

Dhalgren
Big Sexy

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 5:54pm:
And nothing shaves times off a TR like speeding through quests until you have enough alert to slow you down and then nuking it all with a twist.

Two words: Otto's box.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #52 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
Dhalgren wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 5:50pm:
Mostly it's a matter of meh--why bother? If it's making much of a difference to how things go pre-20, there are probably other ways players could go about upping their game that the devs won't be trying to fix.

Well therein lies the problem as I see it.

I have 16 toons.  39 tr's between them.  I am considered by my guildies to be the slow one, and it's true.  Guild leader for example has over double that, and multiple completionists.

When CitW and FoT were released, we farmed the shit out of it as a guild.  It was fun, but got boring.  So then what to catch interest?  Silly shit, like twisting.  It's never been that people twisting that I know have any difficulty whatsoever capping toons.  It's just fun to do stupid things like energy bursting/primal screaming kobolds.  It doesn't even speed up completion times.  It's simply something fun to do...

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #53 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Vanshilar wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 10:44pm:
For example, in the renown thread, about 2/3 of all posts in that thread were from the same 10 people, and a single person made over 10% of all the posts in that thread. That's right -- in a thread with over 4000 posts, over 400 of them were from the same poster.

ten percent of the forum posters probably generate 80% of the posts.  that's why Turbine tunes most of the 'feedback' out.  it's the same white noise generated by the same spammers over and over again.

it's probably why that Glin made the comment 'we perk up when lurkers actually post' in the DDOCast a couple weeks back.  translation: "you guys who keep going on and on about the same shit?  we've tuned you out."

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Dhalgren
Big Sexy

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
The most amusing part was when they quoted Turbine explicitly saying it's not working as intended, such as here:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/430667-ED-twist-exploit-was-not-fixed-...

For my point, it's worth quoting Turbine in full:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/425263-Cheating-is-rampant-whats-the-p...

"This is not working as intended, and will be changed. While I appreciate the passionate discussion, I think it's best to close the thread now."

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/425853-ED-abuse-in-Heroics-is-getting-...

"We have already stated that this is not working as intended and will be fixed.

We also have more than enough threads already about this topic, so no need for another one."

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/426859-Please-don-t-use-ED-exploit-at-...

"Please don't rehash old, closed arguments. As previously stated, this is not working as intended, and will be addressed."

Turbine said it's not WAI and to stop making threads about it, but guess what part of that does the "not WAI! exploit!" crowd choose to ignore? Especially those that choose to ignore Turbine's explicit forum rule on this:

"14. Do not re-post or quote any materials which violate the Community Guidelines. This includes re-posting a thread or topic which has been previously closed or removed by the Turbine Community Team."

The question that I would have for all the forum paladins, especially those that like to quote Turbine, is that since Turbine has already closed threads on this topic and said they don't need further ones, how do these people justify continuing to make new threads and posts about this same topic, including quoting Turbine saying not to make more posts about it?

Especially since it's not as if Turbine is receiving input from a wide swath of the community or a wide swath of even just the forum-goers. Instead, the thread is dominated by just a few people. I sort of wish there were some sort of "spam" rule, where you cannot post in a thread if you've already posted X number of times, or if you exceed a certain percentage of the posts (obvious exception for various conditions such as if you're the OP or if there's too few posts thus far in the thread). For example, in the renown thread, about 2/3 of all posts in that thread were from the same 10 people, and a single person made over 10% of all the posts in that thread. That's right -- in a thread with over 4000 posts, over 400 of them were from the same poster. At some point Turbine should step in and establish some sort of "spam" rule since many of the people posting were just restating the same points over and over, but obviously they don't and let the same forum posters spam other posts out of existence. Turbine has let themselves establish that spamming the same posts over and over on the DDO forums is a valid method of discussion.

Agreed, believe it or not. That's pretty much why I'm not posting about it over there. Honestly I don't really care one way or the other. Mostly I'm just kicking the anthill.

IP Logged

Dhalgren
Big Sexy

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 5:53pm:
Neither is you telling me oh snap i got tol and it aint gonna cut it. Dik head.

You need to try harder or give up. All these other posters are making valid points. You're flailing like a 6-year-old dual-wielding marshmallows.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Dhalgren wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 10:55pm:
You need to try harder or give up. All these other posters are making valid points. You're flailing like a 6-year-old dual-wielding marshmallows.

When was that ever even funny to you? Just pushed that out there, huh?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #57 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Dhalgren wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 10:50pm:
Two words: Otto's box And the ability now to create a completionist in 48 hrs by having a fat bank account..

FTFY

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
lol in the current thread it seems like chai on his own has made up 40% of the posts Cheesy.

IP Logged

Deathdefy
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 11:28pm
Print Post  

I think I first quoted those.  Just annoyed me people saying it was WAI and claiming there was no official word otherwise.

As to doing it or not I couldn't care less.  If it makes things faster for someone and they don't feel weird about it, go for it. 

Doesn't affect me in the slightest apart from when people cocoon me in heroics, or are able to speed up Bloody Crypt runs by soloing a quarter in a reasonable period of time - in those cases I'm actively happy.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #60 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 11:01pm:
lol in the current thread it seems like chai on his own has made up 40% of the posts Cheesy.

not surprising as he makes up 100% of his 'facts'.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Dhalgren
Big Sexy

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 6:15am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 10:57pm:
When was that ever even funny to you? Just pushed that out there, huh?

Your boundless wit astounds once again. I love how you think that I'm the one amusing me in this highly intellectual exchange. It was kind of cute for a while but now it's too much like how I'd feel if I was beating up a kid.
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2013 at 6:16am by Dhalgren »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 7:51am
Print Post  
Dhalgren wrote on Nov 18th, 2013 at 6:15am:
Your boundless wit astounds once again. I love how you think that I'm the one amusing me in this highly intellectual exchange. It was kind of cute for a while but now it's too much like how I'd feel if I was beating up a kid.

Except youre not funny or witty or clever or amusing. Never were. Never will be.

Youre fukin lame.

What made you think you were ever funny, in your entire life

ZZZZZZ

just shut the fuk up boring me to death

Why do you even post.
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2013 at 7:52am by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #63 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Vanshilar FTW

IP Logged

Dhalgren
Big Sexy

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:17am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 18th, 2013 at 7:51am:
Except youre not funny or witty or clever or amusing. Never were. Never will be.

Youre fukin lame.

What made you think you were ever funny, in your entire life

ZZZZZZ

just shut the fuk up boring me to death

Why do you even post.

Good comeback. Except for the part where you can't even form a cogent argument or any kind of stinging retaliation and end up resorting to misspelling "dick" and "fuck".

Not worth the effort. I'm out.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:58am
Print Post  

Dhalgren wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:17am:
Good comeback. Except for the part where you can't even form a cogent argument or any kind of stinging retaliation and end up resorting to misspelling "dick" and "fuck".

Not worth the effort. I'm out.

I was going to post something like this:

Yeah, just give it up dude. it's over.

Do us both the favor. You were never good at making fun of people or being a dik. And thats okay. It's not for everyone.

Youre mad at me for your posting retarded things. Its not my fault.

And then you blame me for not having valid points. How fukin stupid are you.

Dhalgren wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 5:50pm:
Mostly it's a matter of meh--why bother? If it's making much of a difference to how things go pre-20, there are probably other ways players could go about upping their game that the devs won't be trying to fix.

The fuk does that even mean?

Pretending like youre good at heroics like its hard and people who twists arent because it is?
Who are you playing with? And why the fuk would you continue to?

But Im not gonna post that and we can agree to be frandz?
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:58am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #66 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 7:25am
Print Post  
Why the fuck people complain about it? If you dont want to play with some1 using the freaking ED's just don't. Why cry like a damn little girl?

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 8:06am
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 7:25am:
Why the fuck people complain about it? If you dont want to play with some1 using the freaking ED's just don't. Why cry like a damn little girl?

YOU ARE RUINING MY DDO EXPERIENCE!!!1!

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #68 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 8:28am
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 8:06am:
YOU ARE RUINING MY DDO EXPERIENCE!!!1!

I dont fucking care about you  Cheesy

If you are joking i still dont fucking care  Roll Eyes

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Reply #69 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 8:56am
Print Post  
YaBB........

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #70 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
How does that old song go?

Oh yeah:

Twist and shout

IP Logged

RynD
Korthos Resident

Beholder the Pumpkin!

Reply #71 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Let them bitch and moan. They should just incorporate it into the game. Make where only can use tier 1 if want to be baby about it.

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 5:07am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 7:45pm:
Hensin tier 5 and ninja spy shadow veil are both lv 6 monk abilities. Also 10 ap min for shadow veil. henshin is only good for laughing at your friends with neg levels on EE 300k hp bosses. They store the Negs and stack them. Releasing an aoe neg bomb w x amount of charges.

Yeah was redownloading the game cause it got FOSed...so no self invis(unless you have some good UMD and can use wands or scrolls)...but can still get the woo-woo at 3 as long as you take the fists of darkness feat.

Saal Smiley

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #73 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 9:51am
Print Post  
RynD wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 5:53pm:
Let them bitch and moan.

Too many bitches, not enough moaners.
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2013 at 9:52am by Neru »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]