Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic iOS and Android Time Killer: Samurai Siege (Read 286 times)
OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

iOS and Android Time Killer: Samurai Siege
Nov 17th, 2013 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
FTP, pretty basic, fun time killer, especially when DDO is down, again, or on the plane...  Anyone else playing?

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Re: iOS and Android Time Killer: Samurai Siege
Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 9:11pm:
FTP, pretty basic, fun time killer, especially when DDO is down, again, or on the plane...  Anyone else playing?

Oh, I will try to download it...when I my fuckphone connects for longer than 5 minutes, that is...

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 11:34am
Print Post  
I haven't tried that one yet.

I'm currently playing through baldur's gate enhanced edition on my ipad, when I'm bored and not at home.  They're also supposed to have released the shadowrun returns port for the ipad, but I haven't tried it out yet there.  I'd already played through the steam version on my pc, so didn't really feel the need to grab another copy.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Reply #3 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
Which is your favorite on the iPad overall?  Haven't played Baldur's...

One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #4 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 12:00am
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Nov 18th, 2013 at 6:12pm:

BG2

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #5 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 1:21am
Print Post  

So far, I'm mainly sticking to games that work on both the iphone and the ipad.  So Baldur's gate and shadowrun don't apply.  I'm playing through the Baldur's gate, mainly because I spent last weekend out of town without computer access.

The Bard's Tale (2002 or 2004 xbox release version) works out pretty well for that.  I've played through a big chunk of #sworcery, Final Fantasy Tactics, Horn, Talisman prologue, and Silversword. 

Bard's tale is probably the most enjoyable for general gaming purposes.  It's also nice because it has the three original bard's tale games encapsulated in it.  (Although you'll want a Bluetooth keyboard attached to play them)

Silversword also works for me, as the best time waster.  Mainly because it's a straight up, no shame, bard's tale clone.  Adjusted for touch usage, with automapping, etc.

For arcade style games, I spent a healthy amount of time playing Warblade.

I got stuck on disability after aggravating one of my lower discs, so I made it up to 450 of 8 million angry birds star wars, so that one works for me.  But you might need a couple straight weeks of lying in bed to make it worthwhile.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #6 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 9:57am
Print Post  
I've been told bullet hells work really well on smartphones but haven't tried any out yet. Anyone have any experience with them?

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Reply #7 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Thx, guys...  Time to check some new games out...

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Reply #8 - Nov 26th, 2013 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Nov 18th, 2013 at 11:34am:
I haven't tried that one yet.

I'm currently playing through baldur's gate enhanced edition on my ipad, when I'm bored and not at home.  They're also supposed to have released the shadowrun returns port for the ipad, but I haven't tried it out yet there.  I'd already played through the steam version on my pc, so didn't really feel the need to grab another copy.

DL'ing BG EE now...

IP Logged

doyourealyknow
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Nov 26th, 2013 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
will download that one as well. lets see when we get the next downtime
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2013 at 9:40pm by doyourealyknow »  

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #10 - Nov 26th, 2013 at 10:58pm
Print Post  

I'm a big plants versus zombies fan. I'm just sad that EA owns PopCap now.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #11 - Nov 27th, 2013 at 2:48am
Print Post  
Neru wrote on Nov 26th, 2013 at 10:58pm:
I'm a big plants versus zombies fan. I'm just sad that EA owns PopCap now.

I haven't played that one yet, but I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Final Fantasy tactics is a nice port as well.

IP Logged

The Pope
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Nov 27th, 2013 at 2:48am:
I haven't played that one yet, but I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Final Fantasy tactics is a nice port as well.

PVZ is a nice game to poke at when you don't have a ton of attention to give the game but want to have something to keep ya busy during a short flight or a long shit when slinging birds has gotten old.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Reply #13 - Dec 17th, 2013 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 12:00am:
BG2

This has been slow going, but mostly because I only play on non wifi flights or when other stuff is on timer.  Has potential.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Reply #14 - Dec 17th, 2013 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Oh, I will try to download it...when I my fuckphone connects for longer than 5 minutes, that is...

Did you get in yet?  Having a blast with it for free.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #15 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
I just picked up SW:KOTOR for the iphone.  Looks decent on my 5s, for all 10 minutes I've played of it so far.

I didn't play it on the PC, so it's my first exposure to it.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #16 - Apr 7th, 2014 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
I thought I'd consolidate this a bit...

Osharan Tregarth wrote on Jan 28th, 2012 at 4:20pm:
I've been doing a fair amount of gaming on my Iphone when I'm away from home.  Anyone have some decent game recommendations?

These are the games I've played around with so far..
Oregon Trail
Final Fantasy I and II
Wolfenstein 3d
Wolfenstein rpg
Dungeon hunter
Pocket Legends
Sky Smash
Infinity Blade
Warblade

I just picked up The Bards Tale, which they've apparently ported from the 2004 version of the game that was on the Xbox/playstation/pc. It works pretty decently on my Iphone, but it's a bit of a pain to see everything.

Any other decent game ports that have surfaced?

For more recent games, I've picked up Sid Meier's Pirates, Catan, dungeon village, game dev story, star commander, and cardinal quest 2.
« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2014 at 6:18pm by Osharan Tregarth »  

IP Logged

Zhalian
Dragon Raider

Drama is best served fresh.

Reply #17 - Apr 23rd, 2014 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Not sure if it works on the iphone but the game FTL:Faster Than Light got released for the ipad recently.  Have played many hours of it on Steam and they translated it perfectly to the pad controls, honestly I'd love to see every other game come talk to them about how to do it decently from pc to pad. 

Its a really fun space based Rogue alike, so you will die a LOT but its still awesome, suggest playing without the advanced edition stuff at first, it was a great free update that added a ton of new mechanics but they make the game quite a bit more difficult (and its awesome but it helps to learn some mechanics first)

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.
- Mel Brooks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint