Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic DDO servers back up (Read 2011 times)
DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

DDO servers back up
Nov 18th, 2013 at 2:15am
Print Post  
By special request - Servers are back up.

Sorry in advance for the forum pollution.....
Cheesy

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Re: DDO servers back up
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 2:18am
Print Post  
...and nary a fuck was given that day.

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 2:23am
Print Post  
Fuck them I'm goin to bed. Assholes cant even maintain their own goddam fukkin network. Stupid fuckin incompetents.

Pardon me I'm pissed off.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #3 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 2:30am
Print Post  
Cairnoir wrote on Nov 18th, 2013 at 2:23am:
Fuck them I'm goin to bed. Assholes cant even maintain their own goddam fukkin network. Stupid fuckin incompetents.

Nothing to pardon... We all share the same feelings...

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #4 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 3:11am
Print Post  
Cairnoir wrote on Nov 18th, 2013 at 2:23am:

For once they are not the guilty party. It's PNAP and one of their Boston Area data center.

While I love to bash on Turbine when they are being idiots, when they are not involved ( beyond being a collateral damage of somebody's else failure ) I'll defend them.

Now we have a lot of guess to do about what happened in the PNAP premises.

- Was it a Monkey that pressed a Big Red Button ( aka emergency power off ) by error ?
- Was it a Main Power Failure, and a Secondary Power Failure and a Emergency Power Failure ?
- Was it some other idiotic thing ?

What would be nice to know is how many companies ( beside Turbine ) got impacted.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #5 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 8:05am
Print Post  
Bro, nobody gives a shit about this asshole or that asshole can do that and doesn't know what the left hand is doing or whatever.

Turdbine= claims to be an AAA game company running a worldwide 24/7 MMORPG. So I don't give a fuck if it's friday, saturday or sunday 1 AM or 1 PM. I don't give a fuck if the servers are located in conneticut or washington or nigeria, I don't give a fuck if Jerry snooze is at home watching his old McGyver tapes or if some technician in a server park is good at PPMI v3.xyz -french version- or AC/DC Xpy IvPB v.3.1 CCCA++.

All we want is a message within one hour with an ETA that says will probably take half a day, but at least 2 hours, so everyone knows this will take at least 3 hours, maybe 8 or possibly even 26 hours. I read reports about people waiting 6 !!! hours, expecting the servers to come up every minute. It's just wrong.

I mean I am stoic in this matter, I know by now it will take at least half a day to fix an unexpected downtime, still I'm hoping it might get up faster, but not holding my breath. I know it can easily take 3 days, as it happened before. But some people get pissed over this. I know that Turdbine will never change their communication practice until they eventually have to quit the project, and I hope their whole shitty company will go bankrupt with it, every single loser there getting unemployed hell yeah. They would fucking totally deserve it.

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #6 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 9:32am
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Nov 18th, 2013 at 8:05am:
Bro, nobody gives a shit about this asshole or that asshole can do that and doesn't know what the left hand is doing or whatever.

Turdbine= claims to be an AAA game company running a worldwide 24/7 MMORPG. So I don't give a fuck if it's friday, saturday or sunday 1 AM or 1 PM. I don't give a fuck if the servers are located in conneticut or washington or nigeria, I don't give a fuck if Jerry snooze is at home watching his old McGyver tapes or if some technician in a server park is good at PPMI v3.xyz -french version- or AC/DC Xpy IvPB v.3.1 CCCA++.

All we want is a message within one hour with an ETA that says will probably take half a day, but at least 2 hours, so everyone knows this will take at least 3 hours, maybe 8 or possibly even 26 hours. I read reports about people waiting 6 !!! hours, expecting the servers to come up every minute. It's just wrong.

I mean I am stoic in this matter, I know by now it will take at least half a day to fix an unexpected downtime, still I'm hoping it might get up faster, but not holding my breath. I know it can easily take 3 days, as it happened before. But some people get pissed over this. I know that Turdbine will never change their communication practice until they eventually have to quit the project, and I hope their whole shitty company will go bankrupt with it, every single loser there getting unemployed hell yeah. They would fucking totally deserve it.

Agreed.  Basically: Shit happens.  I get that.  But I don't get why they can't communicate better.  There was nothing wrong with their Facebook or twitter and the forums were up for a while with no posts.  They have to come up with a better way to inform their customers.  Not asking for perfection from their technology.  Just asking for them to tell us what's going on.

IP Logged

Legato
Titan Demolisher

I fart in your general
direction!

Reply #7 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
It happened on a Sunday, so it must have been the cleaning lady who accidentally touched the big red button with the tip of her broom...

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #8 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
B
I hope their whole shitty company will go bankrupt with it, every single loser there getting unemployed hell yeah. They would fucking totally deserve it.

But then what would your new crack be?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #9 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 1:14pm
Print Post  

Now I agree that Turbine lack of communication ( and it's not the only instance ) is starting to be renowned.

If I told what Turbine tells us ( or does not tells us ) to my customer, I would be expecting my You're Fired letter in my mailbox the following day.

And yes, I'm in direct relation with Customers... usually Telecom Operators... and yes they call me when shit hit the fan and expect me to fix it.... and yes they also expect me to give them regular reports ( with salty, naughty, wicked, whatever details ) and regular ETA update for the fix. ( that is when they just don't stay on the phone with me until it's solved. )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint