Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Iconic TR: how to confuse and alienate players (Read 19636 times)
HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: Iconic TR: how to confuse and alienate players
Reply #25 - Nov 27th, 2013 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
�ed wrote on Nov 27th, 2013 at 11:24am:
I mean regular gaming. Last i read xp exploiting was 1-28 in 3 hours ?

Got a dungeon guide and list of consumables you are using to make this possible?

Im guessing its not for people who play for a couple of hours per night?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #26 - Nov 27th, 2013 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 27th, 2013 at 2:24pm:
I used to get 1-1.5million xp per day depending on what life I was doing. (though I often did whole TR's if the missus was going out for the weekend)

In winter when it's snowing and crappy after work would be ~5 hours of gaming
in the weekends it'd be 10per day

In summer it's about 3hours per day
4 in weekends.

Personally the only Iconic lives I'm getting are Shadar Kai.  The rest are underwhelming as I've already gotten the heroic lives I want.

There's a big difference between pulling 1 - 1.5 mill in 5 hours and 1-1.5 mill in 10 hours.   One is doable, one is bullshit.

1.5 mill in 5 hours is 300k per hour.  Given that you would spend 5 min each hour just moving between quests and leveling, you have 55 minutes to run quests (being generous).  That's 5k/min.  No way you are pulling that on average in quests level 1-6. 

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #27 - Nov 27th, 2013 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Sorry I can see how that was confusing: I got 1-1.5m over my 10h gaming sessions.

Ever since bravery bonuses etc though I've always expected to get 100k/ hour as a minimum.

Before XP stones, I used challenges to get 5k/min from levels 1-3 then use my openers / casting dual accounts to zerg quests.

Nowdays it's moot, with the new stones I get a pastlife within 3 hours.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Illetirated
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 12:44am
Print Post  
�ed wrote on Nov 27th, 2013 at 11:24am:
I mean regular gaming. Last i read xp exploiting was 1-28 in 3 hours ?

If you can't do it in less than 25 mins you suck at exploiting. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Hurtzz
Korthos Resident

Fuck DDO Forums

Reply #29 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 2:54am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 27th, 2013 at 6:03pm:
Sorry I can see how that was confusing: I got 1-1.5m over my 10h gaming sessions.

Ever since bravery bonuses etc though I've always expected to get 100k/ hour as a minimum.

Before XP stones, I used challenges to get 5k/min from levels 1-3 then use my openers / casting dual accounts to zerg quests.

Before any of the silly xp advantages was introduced I.E.stones 50% pots, Munkenmo was well known for his Quick Tr's. The trick Is simple, do not wait for groups.

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #30 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 4:07am
Print Post  
Hurtzz wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 2:54am:
Before any of the silly xp advantages was introduced I.E.stones 50% pots, Munkenmo was well known for his Quick Tr's. The trick Is simple, do not wait for groups.

It's also because Munkenmo did real speed runs, not the typical idea of what the majority of zergers practice.

For example, he used to farm Frame Work by stealth and complete in a little over one minute, quick enough that farming this quest is good xp/min.

And then he'd go straight into Eyes of Stone farming and zerg with invisibility and use stone to flesh scrolls instead wasting time seeking the salve.

IP Logged

Proudexploiter
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 4:38am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 27th, 2013 at 6:03pm:

thats why I asked, if the 1 day for 1-20 is with exploiting or regular gaming. with regular gaming , I didnt mean doing lvl 1-20 with xp stone . I do think it is possible to lvl up heroic life from 1-20 just with xp pots, bravery bonus etc in 1 day, but it would be a day dedicated to playing only. in such case, it is possible to get to lvl 20 during 24 hours of playing (imo 16-20 hours max).
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2013 at 4:44am by Proudexploiter »  

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #32 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 5:47am
Print Post  
Proudexploiter wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 4:38am:
thats why I asked, if the 1 day for 1-20 is with exploiting or regular gaming. with regular gaming , I didnt mean doing lvl 1-20 with xp stone . I do think it is possible to lvl up heroic life from 1-20 just with xp pots, bravery bonus etc in 1 day, but it would be a day dedicated to playing only. in such case, it is possible to get to lvl 20 during 24 hours of playing (imo 16-20 hours max).

People were doing 30-40 hours to level from 1-20 on 36 pt TR before bravery bonus ever existed. When Bravery Bonus was introduced, there were many threads on the official forums logging in 20-30 hours to complete 1-20. This is very old news.

Now with all the other added Xp bonuses, Under 20 hours is not only possible but has already been carried out countless times over. How someone would go about pacing out 20 hours across a single or multiple days just depends on the person doing it. There are plenty of examples of those who have done it in a single day. But I'd say a two day marathon with generous amounts of breaks is realistic for anyone with available free time.
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2013 at 5:55am by Neru »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #33 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Proudexploiter wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 4:38am:
I do think it is possible to lvl up heroic life from 1-20 just with xp pots, bravery bonus etc in 1 day, but it would be a day dedicated to playing only. in such case, it is possible to get to lvl 20 during 24 hours of playing (imo 16-20 hours max).

My personal record was 32 hours (this was before 50% pots, stones etc)
I also remember when I was proud of knocking out all 3 of my barb lives in one week. 
I've never gotten it down to sub 20h in one play session.(excluding stones)  By the time all the new xp bonuses had arrived I'd stopped feeling like it was worth skipping sleep for ddo.

Neru wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 4:07am:
It's also because Munkenmo did real speed runs, not the typical idea of what the majority of zergers practice.

I feel bad now, I don't know who you are.  I also ran with a lot of people who I considered better and faster than me. I wouldn't have become such a zerger without out help from others.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

�ed
Dragon Raider

WTB Souls, PST

Reply #34 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Jesus married life has really quenched your flames...

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #35 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 2:00pm:
I feel bad now, I don't know who you are.  I also ran with a lot of people who I considered better and faster than me. I wouldn't have become such a zerger without out help from others.

Don't worry, I have too many alts to keep track of and no patterns within my character names. But there was about a two week period where you noticed we kept TR-ing at nearly the same pace and so would invite me and a select few others to stalk your speed runs. I think I was there for Snypa's completionist life.(Not sure about spelling).

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #36 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Mo's got a stalker  Cheesy

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #37 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
FakeStrake wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 5:27pm:
Mo's got a stalker  Cheesy

Nah, he'll realize who I am if I gave him a list of my alts. But "Zerufa Neru" is one that mo never met.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

DiddleDoo
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
Also: OP is a mentally retarded piece of shit for being confused by this system.

IP Logged

�ed
Dragon Raider

WTB Souls, PST

Reply #39 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 6:34am
Print Post  
Confused by the value of the system ? Confused because there is no choice between Iconic and Epic Past Lives ?
I feel that as per the subject of the OP, being forced to take a heroic past life for a CoV value equal to an Epic Heart alienates those players with triple completionist, or who have plain just finished the lives they want. In particular, me.

Secondly, an ETR framework is needed for Iconic and ETR - leveling up Karma in an off destiny is frankly bullshit. Really the only person i can see doing it in Distributed.

Fact: it is harder to earn CoV than it is to get 6.6m Epic xp - Proven personally that it takes about 16.5m xp to get 4200 CoV.

I posted this for a discussion, and hopefully an incognito Turbine employee could see a compelling argument but so far all i have seen is whinging about poor levelling skills.

P.S. I am retarded, having been born with only 1 arm and three fingers, but i still manage to level faster than you.
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2013 at 6:36am by �ed »  

IP Logged

Proudexploiter
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 6:43am
Print Post  
�ed wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 6:34am:
Fact: it is harder to earn CoV than it is to get 6.6m Epic xp - Proven personally that it takes about 16.5m xp to get 4200 CoV

yes, it definitelly is. this retarted system of COV was found by mentally disturbed person, otherwise I cant figure out who would put such system into live. I dont get why during and after lama testing, CoVs were introduced on live.
The first mega giga fail is, you get CoVs in end rewards. Since U20, I havent taken any other reward, only CoVs. pretty stupid, I rather dont check what items I am not taking, just srolling down very fast and click on CoV. 
the second fail - you end up capped at lvl 28 with about 2k CoVs - and only if you allways took CoV as end reward. if not, you will have even less then 2k CoVs.

FUCKING RETARTED CoV SYSTEM.
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2013 at 6:43am by Proudexploiter »  

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #41 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 7:50am
Print Post  
Pay for Hearts with Time or Money.

Pay with Time to get the CoV = similar to how long it took to get the tokens to TR before Challenges and Epic levels.
Pay with Money = convenience from the store.  And every 2-3 lives you get a free one from the CoV you collected.

People have forgotten how much time and effort it took to get hearts pre challenges/epic levels.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 8:03am
Print Post  
�ed wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 2:08pm:
Jesus married life has really quenched your flames...

It is "married life has really quenched your flames..."

IP Logged

Proudexploiter
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 8:56am
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 7:50am:
Pay with Time to get the CoV = similar to how long it took to get the tokens to TR before Challenges and Epic levels.
Pay with Money = convenience from the store.  And every 2-3 lives you get a free one from the CoV you collected.
People have forgotten how much time and effort it took to get hearts pre challenges/epic levels.

I didnt forget. It was allways easy to get tokens for TR. maybe in the very beginning of epic - when there were only desert quests to run. but after carnival it was much much easier and faster then CoVs are now.
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2013 at 8:57am by Proudexploiter »  

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #44 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 9:43am
Print Post  
Pay for Hearts with Time or Money.

Must be some good stuff you're high on there.

Old TR heart = 20 total epic quest completions, if we're going back to epic-only. 40 if we're comparing EH to EH.
ETR/ITR heart = ~170 total EH quest completions
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2013 at 9:50am by cdr »  

IP Logged

DiddleDoo
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 10:39am
Print Post  
�ed wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 6:34am:
Confused by the value of the system ? Confused because there is no choice between Iconic and Epic Past Lives ?
I feel that as per the subject of the OP, being forced to take a heroic past life for a CoV value equal to an Epic Heart alienates those players with triple completionist, or who have plain just finished the lives they want. In particular, me.

Secondly, an ETR framework is needed for Iconic and ETR - leveling up Karma in an off destiny is frankly bullshit. Really the only person i can see doing it in Distributed.

Fact: it is harder to earn CoV than it is to get 6.6m Epic xp - Proven personally that it takes about 16.5m xp to get 4200 CoV.

I posted this for a discussion, and hopefully an incognito Turbine employee could see a compelling argument but so far all i have seen is whinging about poor levelling skills.

P.S. I am retarded, having been born with only 1 arm and three fingers, but i still manage to level faster than you.

That's a backpedal. OP was confused as to how the pretty easy to understand system worked, not what the value of it was.
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2013 at 10:42am by DiddleDoo »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #46 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 2:40pm
Print Post  

It took me and my guildies 10 EDA's.

Some of you don't seem to realize how easy epics were for some of us.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #47 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Fair comment Munkenmo, for the uber ppl it was easy.  I wasn't then, and aren't now, an uber people.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #48 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
tbh it takes me like 2 weeks to cap a third lifer, but I don't play at all for at least 2 days out of the week.

Then with school work and stuff I lose a lot of playtime.......depending on the amount of school work i get a TR can stretch out to maybe a month.......

Also doing a TR life in one day (without a stone): I like eating and sleeping tyvm.
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2013 at 6:23pm by kierg10 »  

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Neru wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 4:07am:
For example, he used to farm Frame Work by stealth and complete in a little over one minute, quick enough that farming this quest is good xp/min.

Ah yes, the ole catapult into the end fight, then solo pull the boss. good times....good times.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint