Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) DDO Market : Black Friday : Shadowfail 50% Off (Read 15380 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: DDO Market : Black Friday : Shadowfail 50% Off
Reply #25 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Nov 27th, 2013 at 6:41pm:
I hate you.  You should try this shit I'm drinking...  It's bad enough for a Welshman, I think a Frog would spontaneously catch fire and then explode in a shower of vomit with a single taste.

Don't worry we have La Villageoise, it's the cheap rotgut for bums too far gone in delirium tremens to care about what they drink. Less than 2€ the 1,5 liter plastic bottle.

Neru wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 4:50am:
Is it really banned, seriously? I wasn't aware of this as I still buy/eat them and I'm from California. You can still find them in many Asian grocery stores. It's an extremely common ingredient to use with many types of Vietnamese sandwiches (Bánh mě) among other things.

Yep, It's Banned.
Officially. Restaurants can't sell it, it ( supposedly ) cannot be imported in CA.
A lot of Restaurants found a few loopholes into the CA Law, they buy it outside CA, but in the US, then bring it back in CA ( it's not imported as it was bought somewhere else in the US ), and then they serve it free with a meal ( it's not sold ).
And CA officials have a difficulties enforcing it, they can't be everywhere.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #26 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 2:04pm:
Yep, It's Banned.
Officially. Restaurants can't sell it, it ( supposedly ) cannot be imported in CA.
A lot of Restaurants found a few loopholes into the CA Law, they buy it outside CA, but in the US, then bring it back in CA ( it's not imported as it was bought somewhere else in the US ), and then they serve it free with a meal ( it's not sold ).
And CA officials have a difficulties enforcing it, they can't be everywhere.

Lol, I see. I should tell my parents that, it'll confuse them that it's banned in CA.

And I'd imagine that the officials would have trouble identifying some of the non-English cans of these in the Asian grocery stores. And it's not just because of the language barriers but also finding where it is shelved.

Also I am serious when I say most current Vietnamese joints in Los Angeles that serves sandwiches (in French baguettes) with headcheese will also have Foie gras.
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2013 at 3:31pm by Neru »  

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 2:30am
Print Post  
Neru, check the Foie Gras if it is really Foie Gras. In Spain we say Foie Gras to any shit that has a bit of liver of some vertebrate animal and a lot of fat. After entering EU it was not possible to call it Foie Gras, so the name was "paté", but actually we say "fuagras".

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 2:31am
Print Post  
Damn, I actually wanted to ask:

How much does the legendary upgrade cost? Is it 39,95 or also reduced to 50%?

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #29 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Damn, I actually wanted to ask:

How much does the legendary upgrade cost? Is it 39,95 or also reduced to 50%?

It was also reduced by 50% (yesterday, presumably it hasn't changed).

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #30 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Neru, check the Foie Gras if it is really Foie Gras. In Spain we say Foie Gras to any shit that has a bit of liver of some vertebrate animal and a lot of fat. After entering EU it was not possible to call it Foie Gras, so the name was "paté", but actually we say "fuagras".

I can't check for name label due to translation barrier but it does mention goose in the ingredients. I'll take a picture next time I go to an Asian grocery store if I remember. But now that you mentioned, I think all those "Bánh mě" places I mentioned are probably using "paté" since it's significantly cheaper - my mistake  Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2013 at 2:49pm by Neru »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #31 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Neru wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 4:50am:
Is it really banned, seriously? I wasn't aware of this as I still buy/eat them and I'm from California. You can still find them in many Asian grocery stores. It's an extremely common ingredient to use with many types of Vietnamese sandwiches (Bánh mě) among other things.

Products CONTAINING foie gras are not banned. Only the production and sale of foie gras within the state. So, if you imported say a pate that had goose liver in it, that does not mean you are eating the banned forced fed goose liver particular to Foie Gras served as a dish on it's own.

Likewise, if there is actual force fed foie gras as an ingredient in a pate, which is not uncommon, this is not considred the same thing as buying or selling say, a terrine that was nothing but force fed goose liver foie gras. It's a strange distinction I know, but this was a bill crafted and fought over by chefs.

For the record as a californian and former chef, I think it's ridiculous and stupid and should not be banned. The type of torture and inhumane treatment that cows, chicken, and pigs undergo everyday on factory feedlots and operations all over California every day is a travesty, and far more offensive than overfeeding a free range goose it's favorite food. PETA went after it only because it was such an easy win, with such a weak lobby behind it, unlike BIG AG, who are the same people as BIG MEAT (have a field day with that one).
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2013 at 4:42pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #32 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
I might wait until after Christmas, hopefully they will have a discount on the TP version.

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #33 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 4:40pm:
<snip> The type of torture and inhumane treatment that cows, chicken, and pigs undergo everyday on factory feedlots and operations all over California every day is a travesty, and far more offensive than overfeeding a free range goose it's favorite food. 

Yum, inhumanely raised and killed bacon.

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #34 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Sweet, sweet pig murder.

IP Logged

Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

Reply #35 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
If buying the pack with their little booster worked out to basically the same as buying non-bonus points and getting the pack for free I MIGHT consider it.

It's sad really I used to spend hundreds a year on the game as a premium but I haven't bought points since MOTU and honestly won't because the only way I can vote is with my wallet.

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 4:40pm:
Products CONTAINING foie gras are not banned. Only the production and sale of foie gras within the state. So, if you imported say a pate that had goose liver in it, that does not mean you are eating the banned forced fed goose liver particular to Foie Gras served as a dish on it's own.

Likewise, if there is actual force fed foie gras as an ingredient in a pate, which is not uncommon, this is not considred the same thing as buying or selling say, a terrine that was nothing but force fed goose liver foie gras. It's a strange distinction I know, but this was a bill crafted and fought over by chefs.

For the record as a californian and former chef, I think it's ridiculous and stupid and should not be banned. The type of torture and inhumane treatment that cows, chicken, and pigs undergo everyday on factory feedlots and operations all over California every day is a travesty, and far more offensive than overfeeding a free range goose it's favorite food. PETA went after it only because it was such an easy win, with such a weak lobby behind it, unlike BIG AG, who are the same people as BIG MEAT (have a field day with that one).

http://www.walmartcruelty.com/

If you like undercover videos of animal cruelty.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.ďż˝ Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.ďż˝ They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #37 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 5:32pm:
It's sad really I used to spend hundreds a year on the game as a premium but I haven't bought points since MOTU and honestly won't because the only way I can vote is with my wallet.

Same here - I was premium to the tune of over $400 up to MOTU. I still hope to resume my support some day, but for now I'm voting with my wallet. Hurry up Turdbine, I got wads o' gamin' cash burnin' holes in mah pockets!!!

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #38 - Dec 3rd, 2013 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Well that burned fast

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #39 - Dec 3rd, 2013 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
FakeStrake wrote on Dec 3rd, 2013 at 4:17pm:
Well that burned fast

Yes, I'm weak. I blame them for it, really it can't be my fault, can it? Just $11 per account for a permanent gold seal Eileri (she's so cute) and Druid? With a Druid pet? Like the artificer pet (I bought them too) but warm and with fur? I need the GameAnon 12 step process. At least I hate them for it, right?

Thankfully, ShadowFail is so full of fail (and not much shadow) that I'm not even tempted. Unless it's 90% off next year, then maybe.

Excuse me while I go buy new pockets.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint