Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Steam "Autumn" Sale (Read 253 times)
cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Steam "Autumn" Sale
Nov 27th, 2013 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
http://store.steampowered.com/

Day 1: Terraria, Skyrim, Left 4 Dead 2, Sleeping Dogs, Rogue Legacy, The Walking Dead, Anti Chamber, Outlast, Prison Architect

Plus flash sales.

I think this is the first time Skyrim's been under $25. Guess they think everyone really has played it at this point.

IP Logged

Goaticorn
DQ Assaulter

Re: Steam "Autumn" Sale
Reply #1 - Nov 27th, 2013 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Ohhh, that's why steam became active on my phone.  I was wondering about that.  It seems to activate Steam when there is a sale Smiley

Sadly all the games that are on sale are either ones I own, or don't really care to spend money on.  Oh well!

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #2 - Nov 27th, 2013 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
I want to pay $8.74 for skyrim, but i'm still pissed that I couldn't use healing and fire magic offensively vs vampires on my pirated version.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #3 - Nov 27th, 2013 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
skyrimmmmmmm $7.49

I have it on PS3, but it might be worth getting to mod on PC.

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #4 - Nov 27th, 2013 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
I'm tempted on Skyrim, but I'll think about it. I really ought to resist spending money when I'm already planning to buy a SSD over one of the many thanksgiving sales >_<

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #5 - Nov 27th, 2013 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Wonder if never winter 2 will get a good deal, Wouldn't mind getting it, just so I can try out the Baldurs Gate 3d mod.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

fuckFoS
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Sleeping dogs was pretty good for a gta-clone

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #7 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Sleeping Dogs is better than GTA.

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #8 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
fuckFoS wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 3:54pm:
Sleeping dogs was pretty good for a gta-clone

cdr wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 4:08pm:
Sleeping Dogs is better than GTA.

Sleeping Dogs is the evolution of True Crimes Streets of LA. And I also agree that it is better than GTA.

I am also biased because I am from LA and the game map in True Crimes was based on the real world map except completely different buildings due to legal issues. I think my old house address was like a warehouse or something.

I am also biased over Sleeping Dogs because I really enjoyed the flow of the Cantonese dialogue that I am able to understand. It wasn't forced, it was scripted in such a proper moderation that real world Cantonese/English speakers would do.
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2013 at 4:18pm by Neru »  

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #9 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Dark Souls is 80% off today and Sanctum 2 80% off flash sale. So tempting >_<

Btw. If anyone new decides to buy/play XCOM Enemy Unknown. Pro Tip: Make multiple alternating save files because this game was extremely glitchy when I played it a year ago. I'm not sure how efficient the devs were about following up with game fix/patches since then.
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2013 at 4:22pm by Neru »  

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #10 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Neru wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 4:22pm:
Dark Souls is 80% off today and Sanctum 2 80% off flash sale. So tempting >_<

Btw. If anyone new decides to buy/play XCOM Enemy Unknown. Pro Tip: Make multiple alternating save files because this game was extremely glitchy when I played it a year ago. I'm not sure how efficient the devs were about following up with game fix/patches since then.

If you get the expansion then 95% of the bugs are fixed, but some still exist in the base game.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #11 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Selee wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 7:05pm:
If you get the expansion then 95% of the bugs are fixed, but some still exist in the base game.

I see, that gives me a little hope about picking up the game again when I see the expansion available at a steep discount. I paid full price for the base game when it first came out because I love the series enough to support paying full price and it came with neat collectables (admittedly worthless). I won't support full price for expansion due to base game's glitches.

And because of the all the game ending glitches / stuck points that existed in the base game, it was often impossible to play ironman mode legitimately and I wasn't willing to give more than one play through after I complete the final mission on my first play through, in that I was sick of dealing with game breaking glitches. For example, being stuck in the globe view. Or not being able to advance past a set of doors in the final mission because all enemies must be killed but they passed through those doors you cannot pass and no matter what you do they won't come out. Their work around at the time was to allow you to suicide your chosen psychic with a grenade or rocket or whatever and restart the final mission.

IP Logged

Neru
Titan Demolisher

Reply #12 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Trine 2: Complete Story 90% ($1.99) off Flash Sale on Steam. I highly recommend it if you like side-scrolling platformer games.
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2013 at 3:21pm by Neru »  

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #13 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Dishonored's $7.50 and Bioshock Infinite's $10 today. Both worth playing if you haven't. Dishonored is def the better game IMO; Bioshock Infinite bit off more plot-wise than the people making it were capable of chewing. Dishonored's stealth gameplay/combat is much more satisfying to me too.

My "problem" is that I already own almost all of the stuff Steam promotes. If not needing to spend more money is a problem.
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2013 at 5:04pm by cdr »  

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 12:28am
Print Post  
CS:GO for 3.47. Fuck yes.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #15 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Didn't even realize a new Shadowrun game existed, but then again I don't really keep up with gaming stuff. Loved the old SNES game. Pretty good so far, even though you can tell it was a kickstarter game - looks and feels rushed. Might be worth waiting for it to go on sale with the xpac, which supposedly resolves some of the major issues. Xpac is supposedly January, so probably awhile for a sale though.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #16 - Dec 1st, 2013 at 1:31am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Nov 30th, 2013 at 9:34pm:
Didn't even realize a new Shadowrun game existed, but then again I don't really keep up with gaming stuff. Loved the old SNES game. Pretty good so far, even though you can tell it was a kickstarter game - looks and feels rushed. Might be worth waiting for it to go on sale with the xpac, which supposedly resolves some of the major issues. Xpac is supposedly January, so probably awhile for a sale though.

It's also been ported over to IOS for the Ipad.  I dunno about android yet tho.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #17 - Dec 1st, 2013 at 1:33am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Nov 30th, 2013 at 9:34pm:

One of the User Mods is supposed to be a full port of the SNES game/storyline.  I haven't checked back in a while to see how it was going.

Someone was working on the genesis port as well, before the game was released (using the pre released content editors), but I haven't seen any signs of them since the game actually hit steam.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint