Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Exploit sub-forum (Read 30657 times)
Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Re: Exploit sub-forum
Reply #50 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
fuckFoS wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 10:27pm:
Not sig funny, but then again between you and diddlefuck you've got the market cornered on mindblowingly stupid posts so carry on.

Are you the new arbiter of stupid on this forum?

OldCoaly wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 11:05pm:
Diddle's aren't mindblowingly stupid - they are merely stupid and unworthy of comment.  All of them.

Take it from Tweedledee..

Quote:
You must be high if you think there are B, A, or any kind of grade of players.

And social climbing????? STEP AWAY FROM THE PIPE......  that's it step away, no go get some sleep.

that is some really self-involved nonsense.

It's a completely sociologically accurate description of human behaviour. For example, Shade's guild 'Crush It', were a perfect example of the type of behaviour I am outlining. Noone who has studied group psychology would seriously dispute that the description I gave isn't accurate.

It's evident in the myriad of silly little competitions that go on around each aspect of social activity. In fact anyone who has spent any time at all alive around other people, would already instinctively know this and trying to deny it like you have here is simply that.

Surely you have watch an episode of Big Brother.

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 2:22am:
Being the best player don't mean anything to me.
I also don't like solos, as it is always fun to chat with right people and I'm happy to have made a few such friends in game. Basically DDO is a cooperative game.
Talking about good players, I have seen a few that I've respected. But my respect arises also from how they behave, not only how they play.
Turbine is not doing a good job of managing DDO, but I hope Turbine does not fail. I don't want DDO to end. I only want it to get better.
If you hate every aspect of the game (players, developers, game system,etc.), then it may be better for you to move onto something else. I respect that but I'm not there yet.

In the real world people are judged on their abilities.

mudfud wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 3:16am:
Too late there are already sub forums for this, they are just invite only. And no, I won't sponsor you in it, since I of course don't know you.

Everyone who needs to know already knows about what happens here in turbine. There are even some dev's who post on these forums. It's when dev's act like this is a turbine run forum that gets them banned. I don't remember there names offhand here, but a mouse can tell you if they so choose to.

Oh dear, delusions of grandeur. Roll Eyes

Asheras wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 12:19pm:
The whole idea of an exploit sub-forum is stupid.  And coming from a guy who has spent the last few weeks whining and complaining about there being an elitist clique here that is full of bullys and stalkers, it's ironic. 

He's not opposed to elitist cliques of bullys and stalkers. He just wants to be on the inside. 

And he claims DDO is dead, yet he hangs out on a message board for DDO, watches the shard AH like a hawk, and wants to create subforums dedicated to hacks, exploits and sharing secrets about this supposedly dead game.

What a dumbass. 

You really are scraping the bottom of the barrel now. Grin

I only wanted to help people without drawing too much attention to myself. Only at the Vault could that be misconstrued as some kind of evil scheme. Your insecure obsession with social exclusivity is truly disturbing. How typical of Asheras to misconstrue the facts and try to paint someone in a negative light.

He still thinks he's fooling some of you. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2013 at 3:47pm by Astraghal »  

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #51 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 1:10pm:
If you ever thought that MajMal isn't quite aware of all the bugs we can exploit you need to read again several of his posts. Like everybody in that kind of job he has to prioritize them, and yes inviting him in such a forum is a free ticket for him to move a bug from the it can wait list to the Fix it fucking now list. But seen another way, as I said, it would give him a fair idea of what bugs we care about and which one can wait. It works both way, moving a bug to the top priority list has the consequence of dumping a bug that was in that fix now list in a lower priority list.
There's only a limited number of bugs the monkeys that pass as coders at Turbine can fix in a given period of time, so they have to make Tough Choices. ( and I love sending Tough Choices back into Vargouille's lap... To Fix what he broke or to break something else with his tinkering )

Hi Flav,
I understand your point, but i have to respectfully disagree  with some of it.
Firstly, the only bugs that Turbine prioritise are those that benefit the player.  There are serious bugs in the game that only adversely affect the player and are either slow to be fixed (or are never fixed).
Based on recent behavior, Turdbine obviously use the Vault as a source for where "hot spots" are.  And the only way we can get Turdbine to pay attention is to find an exploit related to a bug, otherwise it sits in the huge steaming pile labelled "to be fixed", right next to the decaying pile of "bugs we know about but refuse to acknowledge".  Unfortunately, "no exploit" = no interest.

Secondly, MajMal is not aware of all the bugs.  He could not be.  Some are so obscure that people stumble on them by dumb luck.  Others are engineered through testing and he might know about these assuming he plays the game 80 hours a week looking for them.  The others that follow patterns, he probably knows about.

However, what truly baffles me is the Turdbine customer service.  Sure, shit happens in complex code and bugs get live.  And they could easily make it right by empowering their CS people to remedy things.  But they don't!  Their GM's point blank refuse to do what their web CS people say they are doing.  And if they are paranoid about people playing them for fools, track their accounts.  It's like they are focused on stopping the 1% hardcore exploiters, and pissing off the other 99% of customers in the process.  Just a daft, stupid policy.

General comment to OP.  Sorry, but the idea is a stupid one.  A secret sub-forum is only useful if it is secret.  Otherwise anyone can engineer their way into it by exploiting the entry criteria.  This is the internet - there are plethora of tools available to obfuscate and anonymize who you really are.  Blocking IP's would not work, post count won't work.
If you want a secret sub-forum, PM people you semi-trust.

Astraghal - why do you want a secret sub-forum on a game you claim is dead and you don't respect?  Why do you care?

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #52 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 3:37pm:
Hi Flav,
Firstly, the only bugs that Turbine prioritise are those that benefit the player.  There are serious bugs in the game that only adversely affect the player and are either slow to be fixed (or are never fixed).
Based on recent behavior, Turdbine obviously use the Vault as a source for where "hot spots" are.  And the only way we can get Turdbine to pay attention is to find an exploit related to a bug, otherwise it sits in the huge steaming pile labelled "to be fixed", right next to the decaying pile of "bugs we know about but refuse to acknowledge".  Unfortunately, "no exploit" = no interest.

Yeah, I agree with Bear. I like Maj, and I like that he hangs out here occasionally, but I want Turdbine to clean up their code, and the only way to motivate them is to make them worry that every single bug is a potential exploit, but not know which ones are active.

They have proven that pride in workmanship isn't sufficient motivation, they need to fear every single bug to get them to take quality seriously.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #53 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Hi Flav,

Secondly, MajMal is not aware of all the bugs.  He could not be.  Some are so obscure that people stumble on them by dumb luck.  Others are engineered through testing and he might know about these assuming he plays the game 80 hours a week looking for them.  The others that follow patterns, he probably knows about.

However, what truly baffles me is the Turdbine customer service.  Sure, shit happens in complex code and bugs get live.  And they could easily make it right by empowering their CS people to remedy things.  But they don't!  Their GM's point blank refuse to do what their web CS people say they are doing.  And if they are paranoid about people playing them for fools, track their accounts.  It's like they are focused on stopping the 1% hardcore exploiters, and pissing off the other 99% of customers in the process.  Just a daft, stupid policy.

General comment to OP.  Sorry, but the idea is a stupid one.  A secret sub-forum is only useful if it is secret.  Otherwise anyone can engineer their way into it by exploiting the entry criteria.  This is the internet - there are plethora of tools available to obfuscate and anonymize who you really are.  Blocking IP's would not work, post count won't work.
If you want a secret sub-forum, PM people you semi-trust.

Astraghal - why do you want a secret sub-forum on a game you claim is dead and you don't respect?  Why do you care?

I clearly outlined why in my initial post, please don't let your sentimental attachment to DDO cloud your judgement. Turbine are a shockingly bad business who have exploited their customers. I'm not going to say any more on the subject, other than I was going to throw everyone a bone, but now you can all shove it up your arse instead. Grin
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2013 at 3:57pm by Astraghal »  

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #54 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Astraghal wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 3:53pm:
please don't let your sentimental attachment to DDO cloud your judgement.

Sentimentality?  My judgment isn't clouded.  Call it as I see it.

Astraghal wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 3:53pm:
Turbine are a shockingly bad business 

For once, I partially agree with you.  They have an appalling record, but happened upon two very loyal IP's - LOTR and DnD.  So kudos on having the business sense to get those IP's and implement those functionally into an MMO.  Not so good on the ongoing maintenance, development and CS side of things.  Although LOTRO is not plagued by the same problems as DDO, so one can only assume it is the quality and quantity of resources allocated to it.

As for your sentiments on rectal insertions, I think most of the Vault would say right back at you!   Grin

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #55 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 4:05pm:
Sentimentality?  My judgment isn't clouded.  Call it as I see it.

Honestly, I doubt anyone who plays DDO doesn't do so out of some sense of sentimentality to the D&D brand. It's certainly not the quality of the product that keeps people coming back. But I don't expect to enter into a conversation based on any kind of reality in a western gaming forum.

This place is basically full of giant, spoiled brat, adult babies, with very little concept of rational reality. Most of the people here are pretty much mindless lemmings who did what they were told from birth and who have no real sense of how the world runs or what's goes on in it on a daily basis.

That doesn't mean I don't respect their opinions on many things, but I don't consider the daily fantasy immersion that most of the people who I will encounter here spend their days dreaming in, to be anything remotely close to reality.

DropBear wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 4:05pm:
For once, I partially agree with you.  They have an appalling record, but happened upon two very loyal IP's - LOTR and DnD.  So kudos on having the business sense to get those IP's and implement those functionally into an MMO.  Not so good on the ongoing maintenance, development and CS side of things.  Although LOTRO is not plagued by the same problems as DDO, so one can only assume it is the quality and quantity of resources allocated to it.

As for your sentiments on rectal insertions, I think most of the Vault would say right back at you!   Grin

Grin

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #56 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Astraghal wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 4:28pm:
This place is basically full of giant, spoiled brat, adult babies, with very little concept of rational reality. Most of the people here are pretty much mindless lemmings who did what they were told from birth and who have no real sense of how the world runs or what's goes on in it on a daily basis.

Astraghal you're entitled to your view.
Any forum is a microcosm of the broader world, where you will find a varied representation of different personality types - including assholes and juvenile dickwads.

And what makes you so well informed about the world?  Are you a former world leader in retirement who understands the true machinations of the world we live in?
I can only infer from your comments that you were an anarchist from birth - and that you railed against the yoke of the oppressive powers of your carers and struck out on your own to seek world domination at age 1 or 2?  How did that end up - nvm, I don't care.

I just don't understand why you are here - you're dismissive of the game and your comments about the people on this forum are clearly derogatory/inflammatory.  Why don't you spend more time in "eastern gaming forums" finding the intellectual stimulation you seek?

Astraghal wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 4:28pm:
but I don't consider the daily fantasy immersion that most of the people who I will encounter here spend their days dreaming in, to be anything remotely close to reality.

I find your arguments lacking clarity.  You intertwine fantasy immersion and reality?  You do realise that fantasy immersion and reality are two completely different concepts for most people?  People seek out games and the internet to escape reality.  For most people here, I sincerely hope they can discern the difference between fantasy and reality.  Beyond that, I don't feel the need to judge or dismiss others on this forum unless they invite it upon themselves.
Not sure if you intend it, but you come across as extraordinarily arrogant and having a superiority complex.  What makes you feel so superior to everyone here - given you know so very little about us?
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2013 at 5:28pm by DropBear »  

IP Logged

fuckFoS
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Astraghal wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 3:27pm:
Are you the new arbiter of stupid on this forum?

Yes

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #58 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 5:28pm:
recriminative stuff

What I'm trying to convey is that my care factor is at zero as far as Turbine as a business entity is concerned. I consider people who take that personally to be deluded or trolls. I was just using the fact that this forum is a DDO hub to find out who might need help getting back on their feet after the extreme prejudice. There is nothing immoral about my position.

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #59 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
fuckFoS wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 6:21pm:
Yes

You are moving up in the world.

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #60 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 3:50pm:
Yeah, I agree with Bear. I like Maj, and I like that he hangs out here occasionally, but I want Turdbine to clean up their code, and the only way to motivate them is to make them worry that every single bug is a potential exploit, but not know which ones are active.

They have proven that pride in workmanship isn't sufficient motivation, they need to fear every single bug to get them to take quality seriously.

^This.

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #61 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Astraghal wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 6:50pm:
There is nothing immoral about my position.

Immoral: no. Hypocritical: yes

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #62 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 3:50pm:

Ok, ok, you've got your points.
I still think it would be a good thing to have him hang around so that he knows what bugs annoys us the most ( and as such are driving people away ). But your points are valid too.

I surrender under the mass, as a good Frog.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Mr
Titan Demolisher

Reply #63 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 2:20am
Print Post  
Astraghal wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 2:03pm:
PS - DDO is pretty much dead.

Ok, if what you write is true (and everyone knows that you are full of shit-and a douce bag) Then ASTRAGHAL PLEASE LEAVE!

IP Logged

Mr
Titan Demolisher

Reply #64 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 3:25am
Print Post  
Astraghal wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 3:27pm:
Noone who has studied group psychology would seriously dispute that the description I gave isn't accurate.

Roll Eyes

Do you even read what you are posting?

I unfortunately did. 

I think that is funny that you started a thread basically begging for draconic soul gems.

Astraghal wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 8:57am:
I need 4 of these please. Mail to Astraghal on Khyber. Thanks in advance. Cool

Funny shit.

Astraghal wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 8:18pm:
Are you speaking for yourself and your friends? Or is that just your opinion on what you think other people might have done? If what you saying is accurate, then it shouldn't be hard to get a few thousand of each ingredient together for those who's friends got banned and who didn't have laundering accounts.

Are you begging again? For "friends"

Astraghal wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 8:41pm:
If Khyber is anything to go by, some of the more useful items are still being drip fed into the economy via the ASAH, at much higher prices than would be expected given the potential supply. At this point I'd expect to see pages of stuff at lowest shard initial price/buyout, if there were a lot of people with full bags on the server.

What you would expect and reality are clearly very different.

Astraghal clearly you believe that ddo is dead - and you like no one here on the vault (in many cases the feeling is likely mutual)

Once again I will extend the invitation - ASTRAGHAL PLEASE LEAVE!

IP Logged

Mr
Titan Demolisher

Reply #65 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 3:44am
Print Post  
From OP in this thread

Astraghal wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 12:02pm:
I don't really give a fuck about Turdine, I hope they fail as a business. I just want to see them suffer for how sloppy and badly organised they are.

Then 40 short minutes later - The bung-tounger writes this

Astraghal wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 12:42pm:
Nope, I am ultimately indifferent to Turdine's fate.

What could have transpired in that 40 minutes?  After wasting the time to read this and a couple of his other posts its hard to tell...

Hit the pipe, hit the pipe, hit the pipe-pipe-pipe
Suck a dick-Hit the pipe

Probably pretty accurate.

Wait we all know that you will not leave - you just got attention.

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #66 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 6:30am
Print Post  
Mr wrote on Nov 30th, 2013 at 2:20am:
Ok, if what you write is true (and everyone knows that you are full of shit-and a douce bag) Then ASTRAGHAL PLEASE LEAVE!

Cool story bro.

Who are these sock puppet morons?

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #67 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 6:32am
Print Post  
Mr wrote on Nov 30th, 2013 at 3:25am:
Do you even read what you are posting?

I unfortunately did. 

I think that is funny that you started a thread basically begging for draconic soul gems.

Funny shit.

Are you begging again? For "friends"

What you would expect and reality are clearly very different.

Astraghal clearly you believe that ddo is dead - and you like no one here on the vault (in many cases the feeling is likely mutual)

You sound like one of those main forum white knights getting your knickers in a twist because someone criticised Turbine. Grin

Yes it's all a giant conspiracy to beg for stuff. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #68 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 6:32am
Print Post  
Mr wrote on Nov 30th, 2013 at 3:44am:
From OP in this thread

Then 40 short minutes later - The bung-tounger writes this

What could have transpired in that 40 minutes?  After wasting the time to read this and a couple of his other posts its hard to tell...

Suck a dick-Hit the pipe

Probably pretty accurate.

Wait we all know that you will not leave - you just got attention.

Whoever you are, you are getting pretty desperate now.

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #69 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 7:53am
Print Post  
Dr_tank2vich wrote on Nov 29th, 2013 at 7:52pm:
Immoral: no. Hypocritical: yes

I don't think that word means what you think it does.

IP Logged

DiddleDoo
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 10:05am
Print Post  
I don't see what is funny about saying it is self-reinforcing. If you were not a complete retard, you'd know what that means. Neither lack of attention, lack of attention, or anything else you do will get me to stop: because I find it funny simply posting stupid shit. Just because you saw the line and thought "LULZ MASTURBATION" doesn't make you any less of a retard. But please, continue taking this forum seriously.

IP Logged

RynD
Korthos Resident

Beholder the Pumpkin!

Reply #71 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 12:13pm:
You are basically wishing the death of DDO! Is that what you want?!

If so I do it after Pathfinder MMO comes out!

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #72 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 12:13pm:
You are basically wishing the death of DDO! Is that what you want?!

Will Cordovan, FoS, Varg, and Tolero be out of a job if it closes?  If so I vote close it.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #73 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
i never post exploits here because they get out and they get fixed. I've found 4 or 5 major ones on my own (i dont participate here enough to see the exploit forums that I have been told exist) and I'm sure I've missed many others.

But the fact is for the longest time when stainer and gawna were all over this place I couldn't stand the infantile idiotic and disgusting garbage that passed on discourse on this place.

It's not really nay better now, but the population seems to have increased and I do appreciate that no one from Turbine will ban for saying what I really think here.

That being said, I don't trust the mods and others here enough to share secrets anyway.

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #74 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Nov 30th, 2013 at 1:46am:
I surrender under the mass, as a good Frog.

Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint