Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Holiday Producer's Letter (Read 23805 times)
Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Re: Holiday Producer's Letter
Reply #100 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 6:55am
Print Post  
I find it hilarious that they didn't add the Expansion in the critical miss. They just added the look of SH to the hit lol

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #101 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 7:17am
Print Post  
YaBBa

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #102 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
FakeStrake wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 1:26am:
He was being sarcastic

Oh.  Embarrassed

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Epitome
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
One concept that we’re working through (but not promising) is end-game items. Initial proposals for this had internal names like “Greensteel 2,” “Intelligent Weapons” and “Sentient Weapons.” (Yes, there are implications of difference between “Intelligent” and “Sentient” weapons, depending on the version of D&D.) Ultimately these are items that are acquired in the endgame, earn experience and advance with you, and could require you to sacrifice other equipment to them to develop their power. Design has barely begun on this, but it may release in multiple phases and include crafting elements.

Wait, does this mean they can potentially introduce a new TR and ETR system for these bad boys by buying new hearts of wood for our weapons and or new types of CoVs to earn said hearts?!  Sweet!

REVENANTS
  Xevlen
. Jibcutter . Pipehitter. Seanconnery-
Live Twitch Feed - Youtube Channel - Facebook

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #104 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Stupid Idea is Stupid...

Exquisite Greensteel is already in the files, they should just polish it and toggle it on.

Another complex and not really wanted system while there's so many systems that are semi finished or completely fubared that could get some love.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

FUCK YOU
Korthos Resident

Reply #105 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
Epitome wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 1:55pm:
One concept that we’re working through (but not promising) is end-game items. Initial proposals for this had internal names like “Greensteel 2,” “Intelligent Weapons” and “Sentient Weapons.” (Yes, there are implications of difference between “Intelligent” and “Sentient” weapons, depending on the version of D&D.) Ultimately these are items that are acquired in the endgame, earn experience and advance with you, and could require you to sacrifice other equipment to them to develop their power. Design has barely begun on this, but it may release in multiple phases and include crafting elements.

Wait, does this mean they can potentially introduce a new TR and ETR system for these bad boys by buying new hearts of wood for our weapons and or new types of CoVs to earn said hearts?!  Sweet!

Not "new types". CoVs are bound to character for a reason. Eventually, we'll have to choose between spending them on hearts, and spending them on something else (otherwise they would have just made them bta to begin with, since the hearts and heart seeds are bta). That "something else" will probably be item upgrades.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #106 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
FUCK YOU wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 6:25pm:
That "something else" will probably be item upgrades.

it will be that way. sorry to those that dislike randomness in their loot though....

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #107 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
FUCK YOU wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 6:25pm:
Not "new types". CoVs are bound to character for a reason. Eventually, we'll have to choose between spending them on hearts, and spending them on something else (otherwise they would have just made them bta to begin with, since the hearts and heart seeds are bta). That "something else" will probably be item upgrades.

No way.  past history is best indicator of future performance.  turbine will invent new collectible bullshit required for the sentient items.  I think you can count on one hand the number of updates that didn't unload a new pile of collectible bullshit on our heads.
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2013 at 6:58pm by Yobai »  

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #108 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 6:57pm:
No way.  past history is best indicator of future performance.  turbine will invent new collectible bullshit required for the sentient items.  I think you can count on one hand the number of updates that didn't unload a new pile of collectible bullshit on our heads.

MOAR BAGS!!

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #109 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 7:25pm:
MOAR BAGS!!

Cha-ching!!!!

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #110 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
wow Rowan, good stuff

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #111 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
On the serious side, some notes:

- ETR aside, but they are calling Storm horns a critical hit? Well, only ran epic wilderness for soem hours and 1 quest, but the wilderness is actually a miss. The fact that they fabricated appraisal-threads in the forums doesn't change this. Skyrim, are you kidding me? You fake threads on the forums saying how good it is? It's actually really bad, esp. the structures of the strongholds are weak, the whole design with the single slope that sreams 'repetitiveness', and the XP !!!!! The XP!!!!! 30k in the first 3 hours of heroic wilderness exploration! You get 50k after 1 or 2 hours in Vale, and it's alot more fun.

Ok done with stormhorns. Maybe I'll appreciate it later on, after I got used to it.

- 'Thunderholme and Haunted Halls will both be free to VIPs.' Wow, just wow. This is the final confirmation, that new content from now on will be labeled 'expansion' and will NOT be free to VIP. Only a few sneak peaks and single quests will be free (for VIP) from now on, the main content won't. Why else would they have to point that out?

The rest sounds too good to be true, and they are already messing with core mechanics again, instead of fixing and polishing the basic stuff. I hope I'm too pessimistic but I can't give Turdbine the benefit of the doubt no more.

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #112 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 11:06pm:
On the serious side, some notes:

LMAO! I believed the first and then saw the second. Very funny  Grin

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #113 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 2:12am
Print Post  

Sonuva ... you know that's exactly what they're thinking Sad

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #114 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 2:29am
Print Post  

MajMal pulls out notepad. Interesting he mused, just in time for holiday bonus.
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2013 at 2:33am by Sham »  

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #115 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 2:40am
Print Post  
Sham wrote on Dec 5th, 2013 at 2:29am:
MajMal pulls out notepad. Interesting he mused, just in time for holiday bonus.

Just dupe the cov's next exploit,  you know it'll come back.

IP Logged

doyourealyknow
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #116 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 5:06am
Print Post  
Oh no realy three Barrel Cove... I never liked that pack.
Greensteel 2 sounds like shroud on epic.

When we are finished getting xp for our toons we have to grind it for the items. Thats getting.....

Cheers

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #117 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Varg always says he "loves tough choices" and the toughest choice in a long time for me is whether I dislike him or FoS more. THAT is a tough fucking choice.

IP Logged

exploytoften
Waterworks Kobold

Can i haz yer stuffz?

Reply #118 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Turbine... are they really this clueless? epic 3 barrel. 4200 CoV to etr/itr and all kinds of bugs not addressed .........epic fail not even a miss straight up fail

My motto is: exploit early, exploit often
YIM  
IP Logged

Legato
Titan Demolisher

I fart in your general
direction!

Reply #119 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Epic Fire Caves!!

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #120 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Dec 5th, 2013 at 11:13am:
Varg always says he "loves tough choices" and the toughest choice in a long time for me is whether I dislike him or FoS more. THAT is a tough fucking choice.

Yeah, and at some time Varg's Tough Choice will be to find another job... Because his love for tough choices will have driven away all the players.

Players want fun, they don't want tough choices.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #121 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Dec 5th, 2013 at 11:13am:

Seriously do people not understand what he meant?  I keep seeing these stupid references to his statement.

His whole tough choices thing was all about which of a variety of good options are you going to pick.  You can't have 'em all, but you can have something good.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #122 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on Dec 5th, 2013 at 2:12pm:
Seriously do people not understand what he meant?  I keep seeing these stupid references to his statement.

His whole tough choices thing was all about which of a variety of good options are you going to pick.  You can't have 'em all, but you can have something good. 

No, I was there in the Dev Chat.

His Tough Choice comment ( Tough Choice, I love Tough Choice ) was in answer to people telling him that they had either to gimp their non INT based build by finding build points to develop the Idiotic Retarded Dumb Spellcraft skill or not gimp their build but be second class anyway since their spellpower wouldn't be in the same league as an INt based spellcaster.

To Gimp or Not To Gimp ( and be a gimp anyway )... Tough Choice indeed.

It's not a bout having a choice between good stuff, it's about having a choice between being a gimp or being a gimp.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #123 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 2:23pm
Print Post  

Well ~*IF*~ he meant it that way, I can see how it would absolutely not apply to the ETR thing. Since there are no good choices when it comes to that fucking trash heap of a system.

But if our Frog friend is correct, Varg is just a fucking asshat.

(My money is on Flav)

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #124 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 2:36pm
Print Post  

The tough choices was in response to the inclusion of the Spellcraft skill. People pointed out that wizzies and arties being Int-based and full of skills don't have the tough choice, while the other caster classes lack the skills but need high Int to get the skill.

Also the Secret Door change was given a similar tough choice remark, although it had more to do with bore Dev quest design that tough choices.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint