Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Idiots in achievement forum (Read 14649 times)
CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Re: Idiots in achievement forum
Reply #25 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Theres nothing to see there. Just another dumbfuck giving away his money to turdbine. Move along.

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

Epitome
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 11:10am:
Why would anyone in their right mind buy any in-game loot for real-money at this point in time?  Level cap is going to 30 soon so you know Feather will out-date everything we got.

With Ghostbane XIII?

REVENANTS
  Xevlen
. Jibcutter . Pipehitter. Seanconnery-
Live Twitch Feed - Youtube Channel - Facebook

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #27 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 11:30am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 11:10am:
Why would anyone in their right mind buy any in-game loot for real-money at this point in time?  Level cap is going to 30 soon so you know Feather will out-date everything we got.

Since he allegedly won't make the lootz anymore there is a chance some of our nice things will continue to be meaningful. But honestly it would be shit if level 30 raid gear didn't invalidate some lower level gear. It'd be nice if it didn't invalidate everything of course.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #28 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
They literally just gave everybody 2 free CiTW weapons.

I expect the Pinion to stay best in slot, but I expect those new "legendary weapons" to be strong.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #29 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 12:22pm:
They literally just gave everybody 2 free CiTW weapons.

I expect the Pinion to stay best in slot, but I expect those new "legendary weapons" to be strong.

I'd be OK with them doing some weapons, but not completely invalidating Pinion and every piece of CiTW loot.  Same with FoT, although it will be difficult with those hard coded stats on several of them.

IP Logged

CaptainObvious
Korthos Resident

I may not know what I'm
talking about

Reply #30 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
I completely agree with this, if you did not spend the time to earn your lives through to completionist, you have no right to flaunt and brag about achieving it.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #31 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
It's sad really that pretty much all of the CITW weapons are still the best of their type 1.25 years later, including the level cap going up 3. With the effects CITW weapons have, a lot of them should be more niche-y.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #32 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 1:27pm:
It's sad really that pretty much all of the CITW weapons are still the best of their type 1.25 years later, including the level cap going up 3. With the effects CITW weapons have, a lot of them should be more niche-y.

I disagree.  When the cap was 14, people were wearing VoN, DQ, and Titan loot.  Heck, the Chattering Ring was popular for 4 years.  Bloodstone was still being used at cap 16 and 20.  It came out in 2006.  How long has Litany of the Dead been relevant?  Or Torc?

Talking weapons, Greensteel was king for 3 years.  eSoS was champ for about 3.

There were level cap raises during all those timelines. 

I don't think 1.25 years is "sad" at all.  I'm not a fan of the treadmill we have been on the last year and half where every 6 months loot is completely turned over.  That's annoying as hell.  I'd rather it was harder to get and lasted longer.

IP Logged

CaptainObvious
Korthos Resident

I may not know what I'm
talking about

Reply #33 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 1:38pm:
I'd rather it was harder to get and lasted longer. 

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #34 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 5:55am:
Sooo tempted to post a thread...  "Achievement: getting my degree and a good enough job that I can afford to buy myself epic triple completionist in an evening and not even care about the money.  Learn 2 work, noobs."

Juuuust to see the reaction.

Love it...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #35 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 10:23am:
No exploits.  And he traded for most of his boxes.

Jealous?

I'm so jelly I don't have 6 percent doublestrike and ac on my sorc. Oh wait.

Yeah because trading for epic otto boxes with heroic ones and motd/shadowfell codes = no cash spent. Your stupidity is amazing.

You jelly you can't even finish completionist?

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #36 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
I see it as an achievement.
He used whatever method and tools he had, and is on his way to his goal.

Doesn't bother me what he does in game.

If anything, his post opens up possibilities and ideas to other players. Someone mentioned his build, focusing on EH, trading for stuff, buying stuff, whatever. Some may have walked away from the thread appreciating a new way to reach their own goals.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #37 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Sham wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 1:52pm:
I'm so jelly I don't have 6 percent doublestrike and ac on my sorc. Oh wait.

Yeah because trading for epic otto boxes with heroic ones and motd/shadowfell codes = no cash spent. Your stupidity is amazing.

You jelly you can't even finish completionist?

Yeah, you are definitely jealous  Wink

Tell ya what, when you are done with that hit me up.  I may fill in the missing pieces for you.  Till then, let me remind you that you and he were guildies.

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #38 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 2:51pm:
Yeah, you are definitely jealous  Wink

Tell ya what, when you are done with that hit me up.  I may fill in the missing pieces for you.  Till then, let me remind you that you and he were guildies. 

You missed the part where I praised his personality. Nice guy. However, this isn't what we disagree on.

I'm not the only one that disagrees on what constitutes an achievement. I'm not against supporting turbine. Heck, I've bought 12 hearts during the sale. I'm not gonna be posting that under achievements.

If my best pal in game did this I would still call him out on it. I have no agenda against him, I just think it's really, really stupid to post it as an achievement. It was 80% this and 20% trollface.

I really, really want 6 percent doublestrike on my sorc. Make use of the esos in his inventory...

I'm actually doing 12 lives each on 3 characters. I don't see much benefit beyond 12 until completionist feat. At best I would do 1x doublestrike pl because the passive AC with it is utterly useless.
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2013 at 3:16pm by Sham »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #39 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Sham wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 3:15pm:
You missed the part where I praised his personality. Nice guy. However, this isn't what we disagree on.

I'm not the only one that disagrees on what constitutes an achievement. I'm not against supporting turbine. Heck, I've bought 12 hearts during the sale. I'm not gonna be posting that under achievements.

If my best pal in game did this I would still call him out on it. I have no agenda against him, I just think it's really, really stupid to post it as an achievement. It was 80% this and 20% trollface.

I really, really want 6 percent doublestrike on my sorc. Make use of the esos in his inventory...

I'm actually doing 12 lives each on 3 characters. I don't see much benefit beyond 12 until completionist feat. At best I would do 1x doublestrike pl because the passive AC with it is utterly useless.

I agree with you.  Besides the e-peen there aren't many builds that can benefit from all 12 of the PL tracks.  The passives add something to most any build for primal, divine, and arcane, but if you can't use any of the active stuff it's hard to see the value in grinding out the lives.  If there was a completionist benefit for getting all 12 or getting 36, then I could see it. 

I feel the same way about the Iconics.  The Morninglord one is pretty limited, as is the bladeforged.  More PRR never hurts, nor does more dodge, but the price has to be right.  I'll do useless heroic PL's for the completionist feat, I just don't see that carrot for the useless Iconics or Epic PL's.

Right now, I'm targeting the ones that add value and hitting them x3 vs. trying to get 1 of each.
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2013 at 3:30pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #40 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Sham wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 3:15pm:

Therein lies the rub.  You and I agree on a lot of things.  What he posts in the achievements forum is up to him, not me.  I'll support it though because I like him as a player, and we kick it under the same guild banner. 

I don't post achievements.  I don't see the point of it.  Like you I tend to laugh at people posting things in that forum that I've already done, or wouldn't care enough to try. . 

But really, it's his thing.  It's what keeps an outstanding player playing.  I support that.  But yes, I do agree that it would have been better to have posted it in the Khyber forums as opposed to achievements.  When I get a chance to talk to him later on today, I had already planned on bringing it up.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #41 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 3:28pm:
I agree with you.  Besides the e-peen there aren't many builds that can benefit from all 12 of the PL tracks.  The passives add something to most any build for primal, divine, and arcane, but if you can't use any of the active stuff it's hard to see the value in grinding out the lives.  If there was a completionist benefit for getting all 12 or getting 36, then I could see it. 

I feel the same way about the Iconics.  The Morninglord one is pretty limited, as is the bladeforged.  More PRR never hurts, nor does more dodge, but the price has to be right.  I'll do useless heroic PL's for the completionist feat, I just don't see that carrot for the useless Iconics or Epic PL's.

Right now, I'm targeting the ones that add value and hitting them x3 vs. trying to get 1 of each.

I haven't even been inclined to start messing with that system yet.  Meh, I might get interested depending on what these new raids look like.  Folks doing it early though on their arcanes I'm sure are enjoying the (bugged?) spell crits.  Til then I enjoy my heroic tr's and keep at least two at level cap to run with friends/guild.  Or farm shit.

IP Logged

exploytoften
Waterworks Kobold

Can i haz yer stuffz?

Reply #42 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Who really cares how he did it.If he exploited its turbines fault for 2 reasons : 1) they cant write code properly 2)5k turbine points to buy a box full of crap is way too much its obvious p2win which i am fine with but come on look at what they want for epic hearts/iconic hearts and 4200 coms is a sick grind

My motto is: exploit early, exploit often
YIM  
IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 3:28pm:

The benefit is satisfying your obsessive compulsion.  Come on now.

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #44 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Sigh, so often I wish I was on Khyber. I would clean up. Trading for boxes (or practically anything else) on Sarlona is like pulling teeth.

Asheras wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 11:04am:
It's a fucking bitch on Khyber too.  I've had a thread up here on Vault and in Marketplace forums with no luck.  I'd love to get my hands on some Epic Boxes/Stones and Heroic Boxes/Stones. 

Yeah. too bad there aren't enough rich suggardaddies out there to pay 50 bucks for your lucky EE pulls (which are wothless in some weeks from now anyway). Why is the world so unjust?

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 8:20pm:
Yeah. too bad there aren't enough rich suggardaddies out there to pay 50 bucks for your lucky EE pulls (which are wothless in some weeks from now anyway). Why is the world so unjust?

It isn't because they don't exist, it's because loot sucks ass right now, with little to no variation in named loot and random garbage loot filling best in slot for over half your gear slots.  The golden age of epic GH seems like a distant memory  Cry

IP Logged

Epitome
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 12:19am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 8:47pm:
The golden age of epic GH seems like a distant memory  Cry

Golden age with Epic GH?!  I still haven't set foot in E-FoT because once I hop off the hamster wheel I don't know I can get back on.  I'd label Vales and ToDs (16-20) as some golden ages.  But then again I may have been missing a fun experience in E FoT.

REVENANTS
  Xevlen
. Jibcutter . Pipehitter. Seanconnery-
Live Twitch Feed - Youtube Channel - Facebook

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 12:38am
Print Post  
Epitome wrote on Dec 5th, 2013 at 12:19am:
Golden age with Epic GH?!  I still haven't set foot in E-FoT because once I hop off the hamster wheel I don't know I can get back on.  I'd label Vales and ToDs (16-20) as some golden ages.  But then again I may have been missing a fun experience in E FoT.

You misunderstood the point.  EGH was a golden age for selling loot to stupid people for tp cards.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #48 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Sham wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 6:45am:
He did. He was kind of weird (German, synonymous) and didn't group with anyone. I still vaguely liked him because he is/was a nice guy.

I have no idea who he's thanking in the post as Khyber has zero Euro presence.

Oi! There's me! Mind you, he isn't talking about me as I haven't grouped with him and I have the levelling speed of a small slug. Smiley

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 12:54am
Print Post  
Quote:
You misunderstood the point.  EGH was a golden age for selling loot to stupid people for tp cards.

You shut your whore mouth!  No one disrespects U17!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint