Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Idiots in achievement forum (Read 14567 times)
Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Re: Idiots in achievement forum
Reply #75 - Dec 6th, 2013 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Nothingtoseehere wrote on Dec 6th, 2013 at 6:02pm:
Charm is legit and a great player at that.

As for there being no Euros on Khyber.... I'm pretty sure all the people who used to play on the Euro server were transferred to Khyber, add to that the Spanish and Italian guilds and a few others skulking around, I believe you'll find there are more of us than you realise!

No, Thelanis is good Euro time. Khyber is dead. I'm not Euro I just happen to be awake rarely and check the who list. There's a reason several Euros I know transferred to Thelanis.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Dec 6th, 2013 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
haha someone who has exploited a ton of XP should post their triple completionist and epic one in the achievement forum.......well on a sockpuppet and heavily modified to protect themselves...............I got triple heroic and epic completionist and no I didn't work no I didn't pay I was cunning Cheesy.

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #77 - Dec 6th, 2013 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on Dec 6th, 2013 at 9:08pm:
haha someone who has exploited a ton of XP should post their triple completionist and epic one in the achievement forum.......well on a sockpuppet and heavily modified to protect themselves...............I got triple heroic and epic completionist and no I didn't work no I didn't pay I was cunning Cheesy.

That's kind of retarded. How many triple completionist and epic completionist are there? 0 atm. Turbine would have an easy time finding you.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2013 at 9:40pm by Sham »  

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Dec 6th, 2013 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Sham wrote on Dec 6th, 2013 at 9:40pm:
That's kind of retarded. How many triple completionist and epic completionist are there? 0 atm. Turbine would have an easy time finding you.

doctor it then Cheesy.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #79 - Dec 7th, 2013 at 12:51am
Print Post  
Nothingtoseehere wrote on Dec 6th, 2013 at 6:02pm:
I'm pretty sure all the people who used to play on the Euro server were transferred to Ghallanda,

fify

The Europeans that ended on Khyber and Thelanis were those that jumped ship early ( during the time between F2P in the US and European Shutdown. )

Those that waited until the end were dumped in G-Land.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #80 - Dec 7th, 2013 at 2:05am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Dec 7th, 2013 at 12:51am:
fify

The Europeans that ended on Khyber and Thelanis were those that jumped ship early ( during the time between F2P in the US and European Shutdown. )

Those that waited until the end were dumped in G-Land.

and then they went and created Wayfinder the 'German' server after that?  freaking genius that is. who was smoking what and how much of it?

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #81 - Dec 7th, 2013 at 4:51am
Print Post  
Maybe they just tried to 'recruit' more german/european players to play DDO. Or they were hoping that all germans transfer their accounts to wayfinder...
But really... a mixed population is so much better than a pure german or european server... at least if you tend to have a slightly shifted day/time schedule.

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #82 - Dec 7th, 2013 at 7:59am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 5th, 2013 at 3:25pm:
Bad choice, TP cards are useless. Unless boxes are in store, they do nothing.

I dunno, I find they keep me in enough TP to buy the content as it materialises. I made about 10k TP from EE Gianthold items, still have a few thousand left. I don't expend resources on anything that doesn't have a high utility value, so I don't really waste them. I have about 6k shards in the bank now, just from ASAH. Grin

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - Dec 7th, 2013 at 8:01am
Print Post  
Sham wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 7:22am:
Grinding epic xp like a pro = do impossible demands until your eyes bleed. You're not gonna beat 1 min runs with sovereign pots doing it the fast way. I wouldn't do it but that's what it takes.

Guy on Sarlona does that. He has 13 eTRs.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Dec 7th, 2013 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Dec 7th, 2013 at 8:01am:
Guy on Sarlona does that. He has 13 eTRs.

Easier to just do VoN3 on the 25% vip bonus week, or any 20%+ bonus week. Your ransack maxed runs are -60. Which is a third run of voN until you cap.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #85 - Dec 7th, 2013 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Dec 7th, 2013 at 2:05am:
and then they went and created Wayfinder the 'German' server after that?  freaking genius that is. who was smoking what and how much of it? 

It's a legal thingie... Like they Had To have Frog and Kraut Clients. ( or at least make an attempt at having them )

If they want to do business with Krauts in Krautland they have to do it in Kraut.
( replace Kraut by Frog when appropriate )

So Turbine Lawyers told the monkeys in dev to get the clients rolling and activate a Kraut Specific server. ( the server bit wasn't mandatory for Frogs, Frogg Law is vague enough that you can get away with just having a Frog Client )

They did it, all the relevant government drones that look at that saw it.
They killed the Clients because it was too much a hassle and costing too much money to maintain.( when they could have community outsourced the translations... we would have been willing to do it for Free )
But the Server is another matter, they can't kill it without giving a new home to all those that transferred there, and that will create problems ( with names and stuff ) they are not really willing to face right now.
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2013 at 11:23am by Flav »  

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #86 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 12:38am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 5th, 2013 at 3:13am:
Netheriem is my only focus now. I may end up moving him back over to sentinels, or maybe start a level 1 guild and build it up. I don't really group with loreseekers and Sentinels hasn't been active since a few weeks after update 14.

You could join our guild. I could always use some more pics of your soulstone.  Wink

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #87 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 1:53am
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Dec 8th, 2013 at 12:38am:
You could join our guild. I could always use some more pics of your soulstone.  Wink

Just bring me in EE when I am tired... I will run it like it is EH, and die. Sometimes it takes a couple deaths for me to wake up and realize, I tarded.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #88 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Dec 7th, 2013 at 11:20am:
But the Server is another matter, they can't kill it without giving a new home to all those that transferred there, and that will create problems ( with names and stuff ) they are not really willing to face right now.

Turbine has a database issue that doesnt allow for easy server transfers. If they never would have fiddled around with the core storage mechanics this wouldnt be an issue.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #89 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 10:59am
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Dec 8th, 2013 at 8:37am:
Turbine has a database issue that doesnt allow for easy server transfers. If they never would have fiddled around with the core storage mechanics this wouldnt be an issue.

No, look at the Copy Tool for Lammania.

In Europe Codemasters was doing it for Free if you wanted to switch server, and it was a matter of hours after you opened a ticket asking for a character transfer.

Turbine could do it fast, if they wanted to do it fast, they could do it cheap if they wanted to do it cheap. The problem is that they try to fleece unwarry customers sheeps that want to transfer by putting a high cost and making a mountain of it.

From what I've seen of the intrinsics of DDO the database is probably one single database for all the servers and which character goes on which server is just a flag attached the the character first name. ( that's the primary index key for the whole thing it seems... [char_name, server] )
So it's just a matter of changing the flag through a few sql queries.
For lammania, it's a bit different, but not that much, it's also the same database anyway... they just create a copy of the character with the Lammania Flag tied to it.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #90 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Dec 7th, 2013 at 11:20am:
It's a legal thingie... Like they Had To have Frog and Kraut Clients. ( or at least make an attempt at having them )

If they want to do business with Krauts in Krautland they have to do it in Kraut.
( replace Kraut by Frog when appropriate )

So Turbine Lawyers told the monkeys in dev to get the clients rolling and activate a Kraut Specific server. ( the server bit wasn't mandatory for Frogs, Frogg Law is vague enough that you can get away with just having a Frog Client )

They did it, all the relevant government drones that look at that saw it.
They killed the Clients because it was too much a hassle and costing too much money to maintain.( when they could have community outsourced the translations... we would have been willing to do it for Free )

So convoluted EU rules + Turbine efficiency = wayfinder?

I'm almost surprised Canada, with it's frogophonic laws doesn't have similar requirements.   Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2013 at 12:30pm by Yobai »  

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #91 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Dec 8th, 2013 at 12:29pm:
So convoluted Kraut rules + Turbine efficiency = wayfinder?

I'm almost surprised Canada, with it's frogophonic laws doesn't have similar requirements.   Smiley

fify, it's not EU. just Kraut that made Wayfinder mandatory.
There's enough loopholes in the French version for them to have been able to avoid the Frog Server.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint