Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Introduction and Development Plans (Read 4032 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: Introduction and Development Plans
Reply #25 - Dec 10th, 2013 at 4:28am
Print Post  
arjiwan wrote on Dec 9th, 2013 at 9:45pm:
orry to ask, what do you mean by this?  I am not updated or anything.

Goaticorn wrote on Dec 9th, 2013 at 9:49pm:
Fired him?  There is no confirmation, just speculation.

Plume de Soleil hasn't logged into the official forums since November 15 when he updated his weekly activity post about what he was going to destroy next.

Since then there's been several trial at establishing some communication between us and them.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #26 - Dec 10th, 2013 at 7:14am
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Dec 9th, 2013 at 4:29pm:
Always happens after a development shake up.

shake up............ yeah! Cheesy

What are you guys talking about?
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2013 at 7:14am by ILoveExploits »  

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #27 - Dec 10th, 2013 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Dec 10th, 2013 at 4:28am:
Plume de Soleil hasn't logged into the official forums since November 15 when he updated his weekly activity post about what he was going to destroy next.

Since then there's been several trial at establishing some communication between us and them.

After those drunken late night posts I wouldn't be surprised.  In a way it would be sad, though, if his firing came as the result of the first real, honest communication we've gotten.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Dec 10th, 2013 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
Its not the first time FoS has disappeared from the forum. Last time around it was because he was upset that his glorious new loot system wasnt instantly loved by all.

This time around... hopefully its because he is out of a job.

Although, if Turbine fired all the useless devs they'd be left with... well... I dont know. Anyone care to guess how low the number would be?

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #29 - Dec 10th, 2013 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
Whoever designed Wheloon and the MOST RETARDED Shadowfail effect should be subjected to treatment like in Clockwork Orange, forced to watch this VOMIT INDUCING purple haze turn on and off, all the while Stormhorns YOU'VE BEEN PUT ON HOLD music plays in the background...

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Dec 10th, 2013 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Dec 10th, 2013 at 9:57pm:
Whoever designed Wheloon and the MOST RETARDED Shadowfail effect should be subjected to treatment like in Clockwork Orange, forced to watch this VOMIT INDUCING purple haze turn on and off, all the while Stormhorns YOU'VE BEEN PUT ON HOLD music plays in the background...

A life sentence of such treatment.

IP Logged

Huehuehue
Korthos Resident

I'm trolling!

Reply #31 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 3:15am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Dec 10th, 2013 at 9:57pm:

huehuehue

Alex DeLarge wrote on Dec 11th, 2013 at 3:26am:
Looks like I've got myself a stalker.

IP Logged

TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/432364-Introduction-and-Development-Pl...

I just woke up & am lazy & have no glasses on(I srsly can't see without my glasses). Someone else can copy/paste.

Exams are done! Yay! Cheers! Tongue! Smiley! Cheesy!

Quote:
PurpleFooz said:

Thanks guys for all the well wishes and feedback. I'm hoping I'm responding to everyone's questions in this big post below.
There are a few questions I know I'm not directly responding to, but that's because other developers are going to address those questions.
So here we go:

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll
You need a team dedicated to nerfing monks.

We avoid nerfing things unless there’s a game-breaking issue or the vast majority of players agree something needs to be changed. But we have no plans to make monks more powerful either.
I did see posts about monk bugs though. We do want to fix all bugs. But please, please bug-report it. That feeds into our internal bug tracking. That’s a lot more efficient and isn’t likely to be overlooked like forum posts of bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifespawn
is there certain people we should send pm's too reguarding issues above and beyond bug reporting as that has failed in the past and a continuously updated Known Issues list would go an extremely long way to quelling our fears that things just go unnoticed.

The known issues list is handled by our community team. But if you want something fixed, bug-reports are the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by levesque2004
I'll point out, Dev Tracker is not picking up all the devs. MajMal is not picked up, for example. Might want to address that... it'd help folks find the communications from the devs. Might even reduce the number of "devs don't communicate" complaints (yeah, i'm a hopeless romantic).

I’ve contacted Tolero about this for further action.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327
That all sounds great. The only thing I really consistently wish you'd do better is more transparency at the design stage...it seems like, way too often, the dev team mulls behind closed doors, spending a lot of time coming up with an idea that they present to the playerbase, and get blasted for, then send it back to square one for redesign. Let us in the whole process, let us see the ideas as they're evolving, let us make suggestions or point out problems. You're always free to disregard our input, after all. Most industries would (and do) pay lots of money for the kind of customer feedback that MMO playerbases give willingly and vociferously...

That’s what we’re trying to do here

Quote Originally Posted by era42
…Belly of the Beast, while innovative, suffers heavily from the unavoidable orange/red alert on the waves with a big party. Prevent the enemy waves from triggering dungeon alert, and the quest becomes much less annoying. And, even fun quests need exp as reward, which was only fixed at u20. Schemes suffered from poor exp for way too long.

We’re looking into dungeon alert. We’re still getting a handle on all the technical goals and the feasibility of different options, so it’s not something we’re currently prepared to have an informed discussion on yet. Please bear with us.
We’re also planning a 2nd pass of XP adjustments for a future update.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRobai
How many teams are working on increasing BtC space?

We have engineers looking at additional storage space. There are a lot of different types of storage we could be working on, and it is often driven by data on what players are asking for as well as purchasing.

Some players have also brought up concerns about our intent to epify 3BC. We’re keeping a close eye on those threads, and Knockback is explicitly going to be clarifying our plans and taking in more player feedback. It looks like just as many players are currently asking for epic 3BC as there are against, but we also believe we can address many of the concerns of those who are against it.

Also, I see various questions about what we’re including in our plans for enhancements. Are we just introducing new trees, are we rebalancing/fixing other trees? The answer is that we want to do as much as the community wants us to do. Piloto’s threads are a good place to express what you want to get out of it.
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2013 at 1:45pm by TractorsareEpic »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint