Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) SolarDawning, Proof of Life, Please (Read 51625 times)
FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

SolarDawning, Proof of Life, Please
Dec 11th, 2013 at 1:56am
Print Post  
I know things in the Boston area are really tense with the Rob Gronkowski's ACL/MCL, so I can kind of understand if you've been distracted.

If you're not kidnapped or sleeping or whatever, please say "hi".

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: SolarDawning, Proof of Life, Please
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 4:51am
Print Post  
You should know by now that Solar Dawning appears in the Turbine Rep Banned list.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #2 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Yes the same sun always rises but under a different day

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #3 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
lol wrong thread wheres my coffee
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2013 at 12:22pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #4 - Dec 13th, 2013 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Dec 11th, 2013 at 11:14pm:
Change of guard in a big way. I'm working with someone who takes that 'powered by our fans' thing to heart. Refreshing.

Neither an admission or denial, but read between the lines.

Rob Gronkowski is out for the season, ready by start of 2014 is in question

IP Logged

majmalphunktion
Major Motherfucking Malphunktion

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Dec 13th, 2013 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
Gronk better not start 2014. I hope they shelve him until post Thanksgiving.

IP Logged

fuckFoS
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 2:36am
Print Post  
After two straight seasons where he was benched for an injury you can bet your ass he'll be playing next season from the start.
Iirc, there's the option next year to revisit his contract so ...

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 10:22am
Print Post  
fuckFoS wrote on Dec 14th, 2013 at 2:36am:
After two straight seasons where he was benched for an injury you can bet your ass he'll be playing next season from the start.

So he can get hurt in the first game instead of waiting til mid-season.  Cool.

IP Logged

majmalphunktion
Major Motherfucking Malphunktion

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Dec 15th, 2013 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
fuckFoS wrote on Dec 14th, 2013 at 2:36am:

Pats will resign him. He is a singular talent when he plays, a true game changer. You don't let that walk away. Besides the "Gronk" factor outside of football is great for the Pats. Almost the anti-Brady.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #9 - Dec 15th, 2013 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Dec 15th, 2013 at 6:40pm:
Pats will resign him. He is a singular talent when he plays, a true game changer. You don't let that walk away. Besides the "Gronk" factor outside of football is great for the Pats. Almost the anti-Brady.

At least Turbine lets you talk about football.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2013 at 6:49pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #10 - Dec 17th, 2013 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Still no Change on the Official Forums : Last Seen 11-16-2013 12:03 AM

It's starting to be interesting.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Crunch ButtSteak
Stormreaver Piker

Fer teh lolz

Reply #11 - Dec 17th, 2013 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Dec 17th, 2013 at 2:23pm:
Still no Change on the Official Forums : Last Seen 11-16-2013 12:03 AM

It's starting to be interesting.

Not as interesting as a modem with tits.

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #12 - Dec 17th, 2013 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
The sun very well may have set
Or
The feather rode off into the sunset

IP Logged

SolarDawning
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Riding off into the sunset. Last Friday was my final day at Turbine. I've accepted an excellent offer from a studio on the west coast. It's a huge career step up for me. Though it pains me to leave Turbine and DDO after so many years, some opportunities are too good to pass up.

We had a pretty kickass goodbye party. Vesuvium (remember him? He did the Druid class, before he moved onto character design for Infinite Crisis) will now forever be known as Hentai Tentacle King, due to the results of a hilarious game of Telestrations.

I've tried to make sure everyone I leave behind at Turbine is ready- several of the content designers have been doing most of the itemization work for the past several updates (my last big itemization push was Epic Gianthold's treasure, and the Augment system). DocOct and Melange have good heads on their shoulders, and I'm confident they'll continue doing a great job.

Post u17, I had been working primarily on enhancements, with the main release of the Enhancement pass, followed by Warpriest and Eldritch Knight, and now, Divine Crusader.
I hope you guys have fun with Divine Crusader, it was my final project on DDO. I made it wildly overpowered on purpose. Wink
Though, I think Vargouille will be fixing that soon! I handed the destiny off to him on Friday, and he'll be finishing the last few enhancements in it.

P.S: Before I was a developer on DDO, I was Game Master Phoenix. I'm amazed no-one ever made the connection. That's what the name Feather of Sun referred to. Tolero wouldn't let me keep Phoenix. =)

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #14 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
SolarDawning wrote on Feb 3rd, 2014 at 10:47pm:
Riding off into the sunset. Last Friday was my final day at Turbine. I've accepted an excellent offer from a studio on the west coast. It's a huge career step up for me. Though it pains me to leave Turbine and DDO after so many years, some opportunities are too good to pass up.

We had a pretty kickass goodbye party. Vesuvium (remember him? He did the Druid class, before he moved onto character design for Infinite Crisis) will now forever be known as Hentai Tentacle King, due to the results of a hilarious game of Telestrations.

I've tried to make sure everyone I leave behind at Turbine is ready- several of the content designers have been doing most of the itemization work for the past several updates (my last big itemization push was Epic Gianthold's treasure, and the Augment system). DocOct and Melange have good heads on their shoulders, and I'm confident they'll continue doing a great job.

Post u17, I had been working primarily on enhancements, with the main release of the Enhancement pass, followed by Warpriest and Eldritch Knight, and now, Divine Crusader.
I hope you guys have fun with Divine Crusader, it was my final project on DDO. I made it wildly overpowered on purpose. Wink
Though, I think Vargouille will be fixing that soon! I handed the destiny off to him on Friday, and he'll be finishing the last few enhancements in it.

P.S: Before I was a developer on DDO, I was Game Master Phoenix. I'm amazed no-one ever made the connection. That's what the name Feather of Sun referred to. Tolero wouldn't let me keep Phoenix. =)

Goodbye.

I feel you were very damaging during your time in charge of loot, though i respect you for your frankness regarding the shadowfell disaster.

Goodluck with your next job.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #15 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 10:53pm
Print Post  

Thank you for accepting that offer.

You made WP, EK and now divine crusader? No wonder WP and EK are fairly shit trees to invest too much in, and people are complaining about divine crusader.

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #16 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Hallelujah, praise be Jesus!!!

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #17 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 10:56pm
Print Post  

Solar,

Honestly, I did not like you very much as a Dev. I thought you did a lot of questionable things with loot but I will say I DID (and still do) like the Augment system very much. Kudos to you for that.

Good luck on the new job as well.

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #18 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Feb 3rd, 2014 at 10:56pm:
Solar,

Honestly, I did not like you very much as a Dev. I thought you did a lot of questionable things with loot but I will say I DID (and still do) like the Augment system very much. Kudos to you for that.

Good luck on the new job as well.

Yes, the augment system is awesome, pity it wasnt coupled with guild slots

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #19 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
What developer? I want to know what games to avoid in the future.

This is how I feel right now.

« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2014 at 11:05pm by rest »  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #20 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
Oh, one more thing Solar.

If you're not bound by an enforceable NDA, any insight as to how things ran internally there at Turbine would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2014 at 11:02pm by Arkat »  

IP Logged

SolarDawning
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Feb 3rd, 2014 at 10:53pm:
I feel you were very damaging during your time in charge of loot, though i respect you for your frankness regarding the shadowfell disaster.

Wish I could say I was ever in charge of it, but my title was Associate Designer- there was always someone else technically in charge, though I did most of the design and implementation for treasure in Updates 14 through 17.

The only projects I ever really owned were my own pet projects- things like augment system, different variants of loot on harder difficulties, and the revamped cosmetic system with equippable cosmetic items.

A big part of why I left was due to my frustration with the results of itemization in Update 19 and onward, and the fruitless results of my arguments with the lead designer over it.
As you all saw, it eventually got to the point where I went into the office onto a weekend and added new treasure effects and items in myself. Those changes were unapproved, and much of it was pulled out the next week, though I think bits and pieces of it had been filtered back in by DocOct and Melange.
Still, it put PurpleFooz (the lead designer) and I on edge with each-other. I had it when he told me that the Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion wasn't supposed to be "endgame", since there would be another level cap increase in a year.
How can you release an "expansion" without endgame content or rewards?
I reached the point where the constant arguments weren't worth it, and I decided to look elsewhere.

I think DDO's senior designers are all good people and are on the right track now. With luck, you'll all enjoy what is coming in Update 21. Steel's raids are badass.

I doubt you'll be hearing any more from me. I'm on my way to California, and from there, will be fully invested in an upcoming online persistent world game. =)

Goodbye!

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #22 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
bye felicia

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #23 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
SolarDawning wrote on Feb 3rd, 2014 at 11:14pm:
Wish I could say I was ever in charge of it, but my title was Associate Designer- there was always someone else technically in charge, though I did most of the design and implementation for treasure in Updates 14 through 17.

The only projects I ever really owned were my own pet projects- things like augment system, different variants of loot on harder difficulties, and the revamped cosmetic system with equippable cosmetic items.

A big part of why I left was due to my frustration with the results of itemization in Update 19 and onward, and the fruitless results of my arguments with the lead designer over it.
As you all saw, it eventually got to the point where I went into the office onto a weekend and added new treasure effects and items in myself. Those changes were unapproved, and much of it was pulled out the next week, though I think bits and pieces of it had been filtered back in by DocOct and Melange.
Still, it put PurpleFooz (the lead designer) and I on edge with each-other. I had it when he told me that the Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion wasn't supposed to be "endgame", since there would be another level cap increase in a year.
How can you release an "expansion" without endgame content or rewards?
I reached the point where the constant arguments weren't worth it, and I decided to look elsewhere.

I think DDO's senior designers are all good people and are on the right track now. With luck, you'll all enjoy what is coming in Update 21. Steel's raids are badass.

I doubt you'll be hearing any more from me. I'm on my way to California, and from there, will be fully invested in an upcoming online persistent world game. =)

Goodbye!

Goodbye Solar.

When your game is about to be released (or when you're allowed to talk about it) please come back and let us know. I am open to learning about it.
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2014 at 11:19pm by Arkat »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #24 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
It's really fucked for any of you to say rude thing to Feather on his way out.

None of you have a fucking clue what ACTUALLY happened at Turbine or what Feather as a person was responsible for or not. He's a person, and he worked for a company. This wasn't DDO brought toy eon by Feather of Sun.

Good luck Feather, augments are super cool. If you did ruck some stuff up, that's lame but hopefully it was a learning experience. Too bad guild slots went away.

Good luck with future endeavors, and I for one loved your Jerry Maguire-esque final motherboard moments. That was dope.

*thumbsup*

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Send TopicPrint