Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Let's talk about Named Loot (Read 16695 times)
TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Let's talk about Named Loot
Dec 11th, 2013 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Quote:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/432543-Let-s-talk-about-Named-Loot#pos...

Let's talk about Named Loot
Friends, forumites, adventurers, lend me your ears. I come not to tell about Named Loot, but to ask about it. Really, we want your feedback on named items in DDO. This is the promised follow-up to my introductory post, where I asked you all to share your thoughts on random items.

Let me give a quick report on the prior thread: you guys gave us a lot of great feedback, and a couple major themes came out, all of which we are actively digesting. One of those themes was concern about old named items (especially raid items) being out-powered by new, high level random items. We heard ya, and we're looking at solutions and scheduling now. So there's no need to talk about that today.

Today, we want to focus more squarely on named loot itself. Please share your thoughts on these topics. The tapes are rolling! And thanks!

- What's your favorite named loot upgrade system, and why?
- Name a desired named item that felt like the right difficulty to acquire. Name one that felt too hard.*
- What weapon types / class equipment do you feel are due or overdue for some named loot love?

*Random number disclaimer: sadly, bad luck is bad luck. Random is a fickle goddess, and if she has singled you out personally for Loot Denial, you have our sympathy, but there's only so much we can do. Though we heard ceremonial rain-dances can help.

Cool, I guess. Last exam today in 1.5 hours, busy cramming, no thoughts to add. Discuss! Tongue! Smiley!: D! Cheers!

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Re: Let's talk about Named Loot
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Ya fuck that...Its all FOS part deux 3+ years later.

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #2 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
If I cared enough to post on the main forums, I'd say Reaver & Reaver.

Titan & Tempest Spine would be nice.  Do Tempest Spine as level 20 Epics with item upgrades handled just like Reaver (Single Item+shard=voila), and Titan as 24ish.

IP Logged

Brac
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #3 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Do I really need to post there for them to know that Shard/Seal/Scroll was the worst grind to date.  I still have never pulled a SOS shard or Red Dragon Armor Shard and I can't count how many Von6 I have ran.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #4 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Brac wrote on Dec 11th, 2013 at 5:14pm:
Do I really need to post there for them to know that Shard/Seal/Scroll was the worst grind to date.  I still have never pulled a SOS shard or Red Dragon Armor Shard and I can't count how many Von6 I have ran.

Should be broken into 'Shard/Seal/Scroll of the Carnival', 'Shard/Seal/Scroll of Night', 'Shard/Seal/Scroll of the Demon Queen', etc.  Upgrade what you want, especially for Demon Queen train wreck.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #5 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Luxgolg wrote on Dec 11th, 2013 at 4:00pm:
Ya fuck that...Its all FOS part deux 3+ years later.

It's just another placebo thread to quiet the jackoffs and pretend there is some interaction between game maker and game player.

like someone else said, they really need another thread telling them players like green steel and hated the scroll/shart/seal bullshit?

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #6 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
My big concern is that it reads like “We’re going to do what you say here for future content.  Fuck fixing the older content.”

IP Logged

exploytoften
Waterworks Kobold

Can i haz yer stuffz?

Reply #7 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Pretty much all the eberron epic loot needs to be updated. Some of the stuff the vendor would turn his nose up at and tell ya they don't buy that shit. However some of the noobs love it i suppose.

My motto is: exploit early, exploit often
YIM  
IP Logged

majmalphunktion
Major Motherfucking Malphunktion

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Dec 11th, 2013 at 10:30pm:
My big concern is that it reads like “We’re going to do what you say here for future content.  Fuck fixing the older content.”

You would think that both could happen. Huh.
And no this is not placebo effect. Change of guard in a big way. I'm working with someone who takes that 'powered by our fans' thing to heart. Refreshing. But please, be mad and don't get involved. That's cool too.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Dec 11th, 2013 at 11:14pm:
And no this is not placebo effect. Change of guard in a big way. I'm working with someone who takes that 'powered by our fans' thing to heart. Refreshing. But please, be mad and don't get involved. That's cool too.

How is it we can get involved again?  Because I have actually never received a response to any question or comment directed at a developer.  It seems like you guys are very selective with what type of posts you respond to.

IP Logged

ghostbane
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Dec 11th, 2013 at 5:16pm:
Should be broken into 'Shard/Seal/Scroll of the Carnival', 'Shard/Seal/Scroll of Night', 'Shard/Seal/Scroll of the Demon Queen', etc.  Upgrade what you want, especially for Demon Queen train wreck.

^^^ This! ^^^

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #11 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Change of guard in a big way. I' working with someone who takes that 'powered by our fans' thing to heart. Refreshing

The lead developer is the guy who couldn't be bothered making physically hidden doors.

I gladly give feedback, but everything that irritates me seems to fall on deaf ears.  Probably because it's too hard to fix:

Why do Iconics have to have their first level locked in?

What's the likelihood of Celestia and Flameblades not having their special DR abilities broken?
Why is it so hard to change the warpriest favored weapons line from +1 enhancement bonus to +1tohit/damage and +3spell power?

When will handwraps stop having their suffixes broken by tunnelvision, crown of summer, fires of purity, summer smoke etc. ?

Why do vaulties automatically get declined from mournlands?

I probably will post in dococ's thread when I've got access to a PC again.  But very few of the issues that I've cared about get addressed.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #12 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 12:05am
Print Post  

I want to believe, really I do. But we've had such a year of crap, I have to ask - is the person "who takes that 'powered by our fans' thing to heart" actually in a position to change things, or is he the janitor or something like that?

Is management actually listening? Was that comment about Occupy Stormreach being a few people upset for a day just a really bad slip of the tongue? Or is the Epiphany more recent?

Did you know the guy who's putting Pathfinder Online together puts out a blog every 2 weeks and talks with supporters and detractors alike on a daily basis? Are we going to get more involvement than 30 posts in 6 months from somebody who's supposed to have the pulse of the game?

Because I would think both could happen, I would in fact expect both would happen were we talking about any other company.

So I echo AtomMew's question, how do we get involved in a way that's more useful than shouting in a padded room?

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #13 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 12:24am
Print Post  

ooohhhh if I only had a dollar for every time Majmal has posted a 'things are really going to change for the better this time' comment on a message board.

Deeds. not words.
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2013 at 12:31am by Yobai »  

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #14 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 12:39am
Print Post  

Lol promises...

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #15 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 1:01am
Print Post  

Feel free to prove me wrong.

And no this is not placebo effect. Change of guard in a big way. I'm working with someone who takes that 'powered by our fans' thing to heart. Refreshing.

I hope you’re right.  But in the meantime let me illustrate how I felt the last time I logged off DDO. 

But please, be mad and don't get involved. That's cool too.

Feel free to check my posting history on the motherforum. 
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2013 at 1:03am by QuantumFX »  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #16 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 1:14am
Print Post  

MajMal,

Thanks for posting but can you REALLY blame US (the customers) for the bad feelings we may have towards Turbine?

Saying things like, "But please, be mad and don't get involved. That's cool too." doesn't do anything to assuage some of the raw feelings of dissatisfaction many of us are feeling.

A couple of posts by a Dev or two in the DDO Forums, are just that - posts. Turbine needs to SHOW US they're serious about fixing their relationship with us, the customers.

We need to see two things before we are going to actually believe you (Turbine) are serious.

1) Producer Rowan needs to make a "Mea Culpa" post even though the crappy relations between Turbine and its customers certainly isn't all his fault. He needs to acknowledge how we feel as well as acknowledge we're right to feel that way.

2) We need to see some REAL actions to show you guys are serious about moving away from "business as usual" they way it has been for the last seven years or so. The Paiz (both Kate and Fеrnando) era was VERY damaging to both the game itself and to us. Take concrete steps to repair their damage and take it soon! Please!

As an aside, your Community moderation team isn't helping. Jerry is really turning a lot of vets off and Tolero, while not quite as bad as Jerry, isn't helping. At the very least, she needs to reign Jerry in/properly supervise him. If you want a concrete example of Jerry's mismanagement of the Community, I'd be very happy to provide it (including documentation) but I won't do it here in public.

MajMal, snippy responses, clever they may be at times, aren't usually the best way to get people on your side/repair damage. If you want to engage the Vault, please do it openly, clearly, honestly, and, at the very least, with some humility.

We aren't that bad really. Talk to us like we're actually people and I'm sure you'll find that out.
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2013 at 1:18am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Crunch ButtSteak
Stormreaver Piker

Fer teh lolz

Reply #17 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 1:17am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Dec 12th, 2013 at 1:14am:
We aren't that bad really. Talk to us like we're actually people and I'm sure you'll find that out.

He is talking to us like we're actually people.

What could we tell him about?  Oooh!  Tell him about the Fire Caves!!   Cheesy

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #18 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 1:19am
Print Post  
Crunch ButtSteak wrote on Dec 12th, 2013 at 1:17am:
He is talking to us like we're actually people.

No. He's talking to us like we're children.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Robairee
Korthos Resident

Message Epoch for Fire
Cave details!

Reply #19 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 2:22am
Print Post  

Even if you post, they will still be clueless about it.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #20 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 3:10am
Print Post  

Hi Majmal.

Please then makes him aware that it's not in the official forums that he will get the right feeling about the Fan Power. Here it might be a Cesspool filled with Trolls, but we like this game enough to point where it hurts.

And right now what hurts badly is the lack of shroudlike raid/item crafting system at endgame.
( and a bunch of other raids. )

Consider that Reaver's Fate, Hound, VoD, Shroud kept us busy and happy for years. Add ToD, LoB, MA, Epic Velah and Epic Queen, and you have a few more years of happyness.

In my guild that meant that our friday night raidathon was never the same from one week to another. ( one week VHS [ VoD, Hound, Shroud ], another one E-VON, LoB, MA, then Shroud, ToD, E- Queen, ... With a Reaver's Fate to cool off after the weeks everything went fine and it was still early )

Right now our friday night raidathon is :Velah,  FoT ( Twice ), Epic Chronoscope or Epic Queen, then the following week it's Velah, FoT ( twice ), Epic Queen or Epic Chronoscope.

As you can see we used to have enough choice to avoid doubling raid on a single night and even from one week to another.
Right now we can't.
( Pain in the Navel is in the Tedious, Not Fun list, since we have the items we want from it and the commendation drop rate is so retarded for the time lost running like headless chickens in there it's pointless to waste time there )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Quak
Dragon Raider

Reply #21 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 6:28am
Print Post  

hum i actually liked the seal/shard system. a few adjustments (sos, ssr) and it would be fine. got 4 complete abishai sets, 3 red dragon shards on my name... etc :p

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #22 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 6:43am
Print Post  
Quak wrote on Dec 12th, 2013 at 6:28am:
hum i actually liked the seal/shard system. a few adjustments (sos, ssr) and it would be fine. got 4 complete abishai sets, 3 red dragon shards on my name... etc :p

Some people had more life to waste than others *shrug*

IP Logged

[some shit]
Titan Demolisher

Reply #23 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 6:44am
Print Post  
Quak wrote on Dec 12th, 2013 at 6:28am:

I've said it before, but I do like that system, it just needs a 100% drop reward.

Run x quests in a pack, get a scroll of your choice. 2x gets you a shard of your choice. 3x gets a seal of your choice. (or rearrange order, same shit.)

Although, with quests like impossible demands, they may need a case-by-case adjustment.. Ah well.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #24 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 7:09am
Print Post  
[some shit] wrote on Dec 12th, 2013 at 6:44am:
I've said it before, but I do like that system, it just needs a 100% drop reward.

Run x quests in a pack, get a scroll of your choice. 2x gets you a shard of your choice. 3x gets a seal of your choice. (or rearrange order, same shit.)

Although, with quests like impossible demands, they may need a case-by-case adjustment.. Ah well.

The whole scroll shard and seal thing doesn't need to be a 100% success but the suck arse drop rate needs to increase.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint