Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Let's talk about Named Loot (Read 16716 times)
[some shit]
Titan Demolisher

Re: Let's talk about Named Loot
Reply #25 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 7:44am
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Dec 12th, 2013 at 7:09am:
The whole scroll shard and seal thing doesn't need to be a 100% success but the suck arse drop rate needs to increase. 

Small chance of drop, guaranteed with enough runs. Mainly to prevent years of von and no fucking sword.

IP Logged

Quak
Dragon Raider

Reply #26 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 8:02am
Print Post  
[some shit] wrote on Dec 12th, 2013 at 6:44am:
I've said it before, but I do like that system, it just needs a 100% drop reward.

Run x quests in a pack, get a scroll of your choice. 2x gets you a shard of your choice. 3x gets a seal of your choice. (or rearrange order, same shit.)

yup. that would be nice. or trade in 5 shards of quest pack x to get a shard of ur choice of that pack..

@tachyon i didnt get all of them at once :p i needed 1 month for my first abi set, i bought  the scrolls cuz i was never lucky dropping them myself but i happen to drop other things to trade/sell to get scrolls.

i got 2 dragon armor shards within the last week. idk how that happened but it did. and yes, those shard drop rates should be increased for certain items. I gave up on the essr shard/seal as well but i still liked it better than buying things off the asah cuz they r btcoe and people didnt have to play the quests anymore if they were rich enough

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #27 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 8:12am
Print Post  
Shard/Seal/Scroll was/ is great, certainly better than flood of welfare shit like we have since Motu.
Only thing needs fixing is Desert explorer stuff there is just too much shit in DQ and ADQ loot tables.
Raid Shards are taken care of with 20th reward now.
But hey, if we ever get turn in 5 or 10 for 1, free spell storing rings for everyone , so yay !
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2013 at 8:15am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Quak
Dragon Raider

Reply #28 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Dec 12th, 2013 at 8:12am:
Raid Shards are taken care of with 20th reward now.

yea but only for items that drop in the raid. rss shard dun drop in 20th list.

IP Logged

1992fxrs
Waterworks Kobold

Harley parking only

Reply #29 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Dec 12th, 2013 at 1:14am:
MajMal,

A couple of posts by a Dev or two in the DDO Forums, are just that - posts. Turbine needs to SHOW US they're serious about fixing their relationship with us, the customers.

QFT!

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Dec 12th, 2013 at 7:09am:
The whole scroll shard and seal thing doesn't need to be a 100% success but the suck arse drop rate needs to increase. 

Without a doubt, and players have been asking for that for years.  The best we got was the scroll turn in, but then they also lowered the drop rates for the seals with MOTU.

IP Logged

Huehuehue
Korthos Resident

I'm trolling!

Reply #31 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Dec 12th, 2013 at 12:39am:
Lol promises...

huehuehue

Alex DeLarge wrote on Dec 11th, 2013 at 3:26am:
Looks like I've got myself a stalker.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #32 - Dec 13th, 2013 at 10:56am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Dec 11th, 2013 at 10:30pm:
My big concern is that it reads like “We’re going to do what you say here for future content.  Fuck fixing the older content.”

majmalphunktion wrote on Dec 11th, 2013 at 11:14pm:
You would think that both could happen. Huh.

And no this is not placebo effect. Change of guard in a big way. I'm working with someone who takes that 'powered by our fans' thing to heart. Refreshing. But please, be mad and don't get involved. That's cool too.

Haven't seen much to indicate any change of guard, and so I have reason to think both will not happen.

While I do enjoy additional chests at the end of some epics, I'm pretty sure this indicates the same old "we don't need to concern ourselves with version control because we're a special special unique flower of software development".

Get involved yourself.

Link a picture of the bruised hands of the "developer" who put that feature back into the live code base and I'll start to believe that you're serious about change.

Until then, I'll accept your assertions that "this time it will be different" as cool, too.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #33 - Dec 13th, 2013 at 11:06am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Dec 13th, 2013 at 10:56am:
Haven't seen much to indicate any change of guard, and so I have reason to think both will not happen.

While I do enjoy additional chests at the end of some epics, I'm pretty sure this indicates the same old "we don't need to concern ourselves with version control because we're a special special unique flower of software development".

Get involved yourself.

Link a picture of the bruised hands of the "developer" who put that feature back into the live code base and I'll start to believe that you're serious about change.

Until then, I'll accept your assertions that "this time it will be different" as cool, too.

+1, well said!

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #34 - Dec 13th, 2013 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
And no this is not placebo effect. Change of guard in a big way. I'm working with someone who takes that 'powered by our fans' thing to heart. Refreshing. But please, be mad and don't get involved. That's cool too.

So my choices are "be mad and don't get involved", or "get involved, get ignored and be mad". Seems like I'm just making the process more efficient for myself and getting right to the be mad part.

You've been tooting this changing of the guard stuff for a while now, and nothing's different.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #35 - Dec 13th, 2013 at 4:09pm
Print Post  

I'm already feeling better about the game direction just by the improvement of VIP benefits.

F2P seems to be an ideal short term cash cow, but (imo) you need long term subscribers to keep a game healthy.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.ďż˝ And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #36 - Dec 13th, 2013 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Dec 13th, 2013 at 4:09pm:
I'm already feeling better about the game direction just by the improvement of VIP benefits.

F2P seems to be an ideal short term cash cow, but (imo) you need long term subscribers to keep a game healthy.

DDO preF2P was a dying game with not enough subs to maintain.
Going F2P brought in more players and produced $ with new subs, premium/TP purchasers, and store micro transactions. The ideal is to capture that bump in players and convert them into subs. Once subbed, inertia states they stay subbed.
However,
In the last three years or so, the F2P pop has worn off, with $ declining. Subs are going down, less TP purchases, store micro transactions are somewhat flat probably. Motu was a decent bump, but shadowfell probably not a winner. Overall player base is lower.

Boosting VIP now should had been done two years ago.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #37 - Dec 13th, 2013 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
FakeStrake wrote on Dec 13th, 2013 at 5:04pm:
DDO preF2P was a dying game with not enough subs to maintain.
Going F2P brought in more players and produced $ with new subs, premium/TP purchasers, and store micro transactions. The ideal is to capture that bump in players and convert them into subs. Once subbed, inertia states they stay subbed.
However,
In the last three years or so, the F2P pop has worn off, with $ declining. Subs are going down, less TP purchases, store micro transactions are somewhat flat probably. Motu was a decent bump, but shadowfell probably not a winner. Overall player base is lower.

No arguement on my end.  But I'll take what I can get.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.ďż˝ And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Dullknife
Merkinspotter

Reply #38 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 3:26am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Dec 11th, 2013 at 11:19pm:
How is it we can get involved again?  Because I have actually never received a response to any question or comment directed at a developer.  It seems like Cord is very selective with what type of threads remain open

ahem

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Dec 16th, 2013 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
FakeStrake wrote on Dec 13th, 2013 at 5:04pm:

Given Premium players decide what to pay for, they should probably work harder at releasing content we actually like.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Dec 16th, 2013 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
And no this is not placebo effect. Change of guard in a big way. I'm working with someone who takes that 'powered by our fans' thing to heart. Refreshing.

you said this same bullshit 6 months ago. Congrats, you have taken a great game and ruined it. Does the fact that the game would have done better if WB would have fired each and every one of you years ago trouble you any?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #41 - Dec 16th, 2013 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Dec 16th, 2013 at 6:48pm:
you said this same bullshit 6 months ago.

and six months before that.  and six months before that.  and six months before that...

it's like those shitty countries in Africa swapping the old dictator for the new one.  come out and pretend to vote!  this time it will be different!

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Dec 17th, 2013 at 7:26am
Print Post  
Scroll, Seal and Shard system used to be great. What they needed to do was to make the drop rates double and triple in EH and EE and there you go your incentives to run higher difficulties.

These EN, EH, EE items are shit. Can be bought by anyone who have never stepped an EE and that's why we need Raids and crafting system like the old Lord of Blades.

@maj: you said a change of guard was happening with ProducerRowan. Nothing changed. We got an Epic Reincarnation system that sucks, most of the Epic Past lifes are just copied from ED abilities which is LAZY AND BORING, Commendations that are still way too high even after 1 month of protest, still no end-game and still no communication whatsoever. Named items suck more and more and noone at Turbine gives a shit about exploits. We have no Developer that talks to us: Feather is shit, Vargouille only replies to threads "Where is my toughness?", and..oh wait, I already called out all our Developers. Not even a try to balance some of the OP splits/builds that are in the game.

So excuse me if I don't believe a single word of what you typed.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #43 - Dec 17th, 2013 at 8:26am
Print Post  

Wanna prove it?  Have Rowan stop by here with his big boy pants on.  All Mournlanders do is give lip service or get booted.  They are useless.  The unmoderated wonderland that is the Vault is the place he could get useful feedback.  Hell, the Vault is already your best working bug reporting tool.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #44 - Dec 17th, 2013 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Dec 17th, 2013 at 8:26am:
Have Rowan stop by here with his big boy pants on.

The guy had fewer than 30 posts 6 months into job as lead producer, do you think there's even a chance he'd start real honest communication now? I'd love to see it, his introduction post really had my hopes up, but I'm having a hard time staying optimistic on this one.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #45 - Dec 17th, 2013 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Quak wrote on Dec 12th, 2013 at 10:22am:
yea but only for items that drop in the raid. rss shard dun drop in 20th list.

wait, what? I can run VoN 20 times and get a SoS shard?

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #46 - Dec 17th, 2013 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Dec 17th, 2013 at 5:51pm:
wait, what? I can run VoN 20 times and get a SoS shard?

No. You can run DQ 20 times and MAYBE get a sandstorm glasses shard.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #47 - Dec 17th, 2013 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Dec 17th, 2013 at 8:27pm:
No. You can run DQ 20 times and MAYBE get a sandstorm glasses shard.

Wait you mean I could finally make that pouch of jerky epic I've just never been able to get a shard for, but I'll still never get a SoS shard despite being a loyal VIP for 7 years?!

Score.
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2013 at 10:36pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Dec 18th, 2013 at 3:07am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Dec 17th, 2013 at 10:36pm:
loyal VIP for 7 years?!

my condolences

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Dec 18th, 2013 at 6:01am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Dec 17th, 2013 at 4:29pm:
The guy had fewer than 30 posts 6 months into job as lead producer, do you think there's even a chance he'd start real honest communication now? I'd love to see it, his introduction post really had my hopes up, but I'm having a hard time staying optimistic on this one.

When the wheels were starting to fall off of the Shadowfail ripoff, that's when my faith in Rowan started to wane.

I understand that he probably inherited that shitty excuse for prying money out of the playerbase's wallet with minimum work going into the production of the paid content. Yes, he probably had a deadline that needed to be hit, even if he affirmed to have the power to stop or change things when the feedback was overhelming negative.

Where my faith disappeared completely with Rowan was when the update after Shadowfail was previewed and there was nothing added to that shitty fake expansion. Some goodwill could have been created if something as small as some new and decent loot was added to the Shadowfail quests. Or getting rid of the goddamn shards pay to go to a cocksucking quest, especially after removing the only way to earn shards for free without selling on the Shard exchange and syphoning the shards from players by not include a fucking confirm button for Daily Dice or Rerolling loot.

Instead, the only thing that apparently Rowan and the other producers learned about the Shadowfail experiment was that most players rejected the ~two updates as one~ expansion model. It's very reminiscent of the failure of the Cannith Challenge pack, where players were overcharged and the pack lost most of its value two updates later when the cap was raised without adjusting mat costs/drops for those additional levels.

So fuck him. In his dickhole. With a thorny rose. Rotating on a drill. Operated by someone with Parkinson's. Who's off his meds. While reciting dialog from Gilmore Girls. In Esperanto.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint