Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Let's talk about Named Loot (Read 16726 times)
Dullknife
Merkinspotter

Re: Let's talk about Named Loot
Reply #50 - Dec 18th, 2013 at 6:26am
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Dec 18th, 2013 at 6:01am:
When the wheels were starting to fall off of the Shadowfail ripoff, that's when my faith in Rowan started to wane.

I understand that he probably inherited that shitty excuse for prying money out of the playerbase's wallet with minimum work going into the production of the paid content. Yes, he probably had a deadline that needed to be hit, even if he affirmed to have the power to stop or change things when the feedback was overhelming negative.

Where my faith disappeared completely with Rowan was when the update after Shadowfail was previewed and there was nothing added to that shitty fake expansion. Some goodwill could have been created if something as small as some new and decent loot was added to the Shadowfail quests. Or getting rid of the goddamn shards pay to go to a cocksucking quest, especially after removing the only way to earn shards for free without selling on the Shard exchange and syphoning the shards from players by not include a fucking confirm button for Daily Dice or Rerolling loot.

Instead, the only thing that apparently Rowan and the other producers learned about the Shadowfail experiment was that most players rejected the ~two updates as one~ expansion model. It's very reminiscent of the failure of the Cannith Challenge pack, where players were overcharged and the pack lost most of its value two updates later when the cap was raised without adjusting mat costs/drops for those additional levels.

So fuck him. In his dickhole. With a thorny rose. Rotating on a drill. Operated by someone with Parkinson's. Who's off his meds. While reciting dialog from Gilmore Girls. In Esperanto.

I agree 100%. Except the Esperanto, let's get a fat trekkie to recite it in Klingon instead.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #51 - Dec 18th, 2013 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Dec 18th, 2013 at 6:01am:
So fuck him. In his dickhole. With a thorny rose. Rotating on a drill. Operated by someone with Parkinson's. Who's off his meds. While reciting dialog from Gilmore Girls. In Esperanto

WIN!!!

OK, LMAO on that one. The rest was good too, but that brought a tear to my eye.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #52 - Dec 18th, 2013 at 10:07am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Dec 18th, 2013 at 9:23am:
but that brought a tear to my eye.

A single one?  The thought of it nearly brought me to my knees, discounting the uncontrolled weeping.

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Dec 18th, 2013 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Since Maj is obviously keeping an eye on this thread, and I applaud him for having the guts to come to these forums and actually post as himself and not under a pseudonym or having his "Paladins" report things that are said here, here is my list.

1.  Shard/seal drops for Desert are still atrocious, I have been here nearly 8 years and still have not been able to upgrade my Torc(s) or RSS.  (And yes, I do realize that desert has not been out for 8 years)

2.  Vale crafting was IMO the best system for making weapons/items that were customizable and are still used today even in epic level content...making vale epic with new construction options would be the bee's knees.  Add greensteel handwraps!!!!!!

3. Make Titan epic...but get rid of the bugs first...titan getting up too quickly, laser not going off when button pushed, etc.  Make a way for us to upgrade titan items or get better but similar items by running epic.

Saal Smiley

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #54 - Dec 20th, 2013 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Gimme gs handwraps too.. wtf? Why not?

IP Logged

Smrti
VoD Slasher

I Am Fooling No One

Reply #55 - Dec 23rd, 2013 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Dec 11th, 2013 at 11:14pm:
You would think that both could happen. Huh.
And no this is not placebo effect. Change of guard in a big way. I'm working with someone who takes that 'powered by our fans' thing to heart. Refreshing. But please, be mad and don't get involved. That's cool too.

Dear Majmal

I've recently come back to this game (again) after a long absence and am looking at sticking around for a bit.

I quit this last time due to poorly implemented shit that seems to be the trend with DDO, which makes it hard for me to stick around more than a month or two at a time.

Maybe if you listened to the Vaulties instead of persecuting them, or at least respond sometimes instead of being hush hush with every little thing, we'd be a little less cold.

Munkenmo wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:41pm:
All hail Smrti.

Felgor wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:18pm:
Fuck Australia.

rev Jim wrote on Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:40am:
I wish I was a rich black woman sometimes........

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint